Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
Oh, hey, look who woke up just in time to get eaten by Salamanders.

Edit: Wouldn't the Annie IIC have automatic CASE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Holy gently caress. :black101:

That Po is a credit to the Coordinator.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
Chancellor. The Coordinator is the other Asian dude.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Eh he can stand fairly easily and step forward so it will hit that back armor and give the bowman some close range STALKING. I'm gonna get back up and move in, i'm well i'm nearly mint I have taken all of 20 damage, banshee will want to clear back to 6 to reduce tagging and get out of close range on the mlas on the bowman (clan lrms have no min range.) and archer and crockett pursue firing from the distance. We can wreck this guy. :hellyeah:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

TildeATH posted:

Oh, hey, look who woke up just in time to get eaten by Salamanders.

Edit: Wouldn't the Annie IIC have automatic CASE?

It doesn't matter he took 6 pilot hits in one turn and fried.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Well, that kicked rear end.

Pretty sweet salvage out of this, too, especially with PTN auto-repairing leg crits.

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

drat fine show Gooncompany! Outside of a missing torso that Annihilator is intact too as well! Between the remaining Goon 'Mechs the Bowman is very much going down.

With the Annihilator down this battle is pretty much just a matter of minimizing the damage taken finishing things off. On the upside, I don't think a single Death Commando has actually died in this mission, so that is a real big bonus too. I'm glad Krab went for the powerdive - after that dissapointing round of shooting and the devastating fire from the clan side it probably saved the fight for Gooncompany. Excellent move!

So, at this point Gooncompany will end up having gathered at least an Annihilator IIC, Cyclops IIC and the Exterminator IIC by the end of the mission. That brings you all up to a total of 4 Clan mechs assuming the Banshee survives.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Picard Day posted:

drat fine show Gooncompany! Outside of a missing torso that Annihilator is intact too as well! Between the remaining Goon 'Mechs the Bowman is very much going down.

With the Annihilator down this battle is pretty much just a matter of minimizing the damage taken finishing things off. On the upside, I don't think a single Death Commando has actually died in this mission, so that is a real big bonus too. I'm glad Krab went for the powerdive - after that dissapointing round of shooting and the devastating fire from the clan side it probably saved the fight for Gooncompany. Excellent move!

So, at this point Gooncompany will end up having gathered at least an Annihilator IIC, Cyclops IIC and the Exterminator IIC by the end of the mission. That brings you all up to a total of 4 Clan mechs assuming the Banshee survives.

And the Pillager which died to a 3rd engine crit so is salvageable.

KnightLight
Aug 8, 2009

When your 'Mech's weapons are not enough, your 'Mech must BECOME the weapon.

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

AtomikKrab posted:

And the Pillager which died to a 3rd engine crit so is salvageable.

Really? I thought 3 crits on the engine came out to total engine destruction and ended up with the design unsalvageable? Either way I am really hoping the company comes out of this mission or the next with at least 5 Clan 'mechs.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Picard Day posted:

Really? I thought 3 crits on the engine came out to total engine destruction and ended up with the design unsalvageable? Either way I am really hoping the company comes out of this mission or the next with at least 5 Clan 'mechs.

Pilot blacked out on a 5 the mech fell and took 1 point of internals damage to the ct which borked the damaged clan xl engine. and the unconcious pilot melted.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Picard Day posted:

3 crits mean the failsafes kick in and the reactor shuts down to keep from venting plasma all over the inside of the mech. You can still patch it up but it's pricy. Actual engine destruction doesn't occur til either the entire center torso is gone or something like 5 or 6 crits.

GenericServices
Apr 28, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

End Phase
Y8 Po 1
- Critical chance in Center Torso!
- Critical chance in Center Torso!

Were these critical chances failures, or did the results not get posted?

Also, that Flashman is cursed. I almost wanna repair it to see if it blows up again, but given the shape it would likely be in even after repairs, I'm pretty sure we all know it will.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

GenericServices posted:

It took three engine hits, did that not make it into the update?

GenericServices
Apr 28, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

It took three engine hits, did that not make it into the update?

Far as I can see, no. Po 1 still reads as having no critical damage in its status block, and I quoted the End Phase, so it wasn't there, either.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

GenericServices posted:

Also, that Flashman is cursed. I almost wanna repair it to see if it blows up again, but given the shape it would likely be in even after repairs, I'm pretty sure we all know it will.

It's an XL engine heavy with a lot of fire power. They might as well have replaced the matte black paint with a giant bullseye.

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

dis astranagant posted:

3 crits mean the failsafes kick in and the reactor shuts down to keep from venting plasma all over the inside of the mech. You can still patch it up but it's pricy. Actual engine destruction doesn't occur til either the entire center torso is gone or something like 5 or 6 crits.

Ahh.. well it is unlikely it will be available for the next mission or two in that case. Still, if nothing else it will be a great piece of salvage to send back with a few new clan technicians.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I guess I should note that if our flashman hadn't gone for a burnout flash it would still be alive with 2 engine crits. (the automatic shutdown into a fall blew off the torso and finished it.) But it went out like a flashman should, firing all the guns.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
This round owned.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Picard Day posted:

Ahh.. well it is unlikely it will be available for the next mission or two in that case. Still, if nothing else it will be a great piece of salvage to send back with a few new clan technicians.

Yeah, some of the salvaged mechs look like they're going to need more work than we'll be able to give them over the scope of the campaign, unless we get a serious recuperation period or the factory we take next turn lets us get a lot more done, but they're still largely-operational clan heavies and assaults. Even if we don't do anything but box them up and take them home, they're worth a lot (though it would be nice to get an original design or two in there).

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

The Annie is a Zombie so we should put that up and working as a priority.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Repairing a foreign-made engine from a largely different tech base is pretty much in the realm of months in an r&d facility picking it apart for every little scrap of info, not a few days in a mechbay, though the clan technicians certainly help.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Stalker hopefully can Stalk properly and take the Bowman. :black101: I am going for an 8 hex distance mrm strike and i'll spot for the archer (i'm walking 3 to give it a better shot) crockett I don't think can pull los, the banshee is gonna want to stay at 6 hexes from the bowman now. But we are gonna drag this clanner down to the ground.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

i

TildeATH posted:

Chancellor. The Coordinator is the other Asian dude.

Technically the Coordinator-Prince of the Draconis Suns is a white guy.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Hey, who controls the trucks? Maybe we can use them on the Bowman :black101:

enigma74
Aug 5, 2005
a lean lobster who probably doesn't even taste good.
Oh...wow, the star captain got fried with his neural implants on. What do implants do anyways? Improve firing accuracy? That was a bit unfortunate that we lost both the Flashman and the Y8 Po, but that's the breaks with the annihilator splitting fire three ways. Also, Flashman went out with a definite bang, heh. With the stalker back up, and only the Bowman standing, things are looking mighty fine.

Also, our Banshee was supposed to take a pilot hit, but that didn't seem to register in the critical phase.

S1 Salamander Group should only have 4 live troopers in their final tally. This might not really matter if we can end it this turn, though.

Also, did anyone say to themselves, "holy gently caress neural implants!" at the start of the turn? Fortunately for gooncompany, we got the lucky double pilot hit.

enigma74 fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Sep 22, 2012

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Depending on how committed a Clanner the Bowman is, he might just ask to surrender.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Chronojam posted:

Hey, who controls the trucks? Maybe we can use them on the Bowman :black101:

It's me. I'm thinking of just driving them away from the generators and parking them somewhere safe at this point. Maybe we could use their explosives later.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

enigma74 posted:

Oh...wow, the star captain got fried with his neural implants on. What do implants do anyways? Improve firing accuracy? That was a bit unfortunate that we lost both the Flashman and the Y8 Po, but that's the breaks with the annihilator splitting fire three ways. Also, Flashman went out with a definite bang, heh. With the stalker back up, and only the Bowman standing, things are looking mighty fine.

Also, our Banshee was supposed to take a pilot hit, but that didn't seem to register in the critical phase.

S1 Salamander Group should only have 4 live troopers in their final tally. This might not really matter if we can end it this turn, though.

Also, did anyone say to themselves, "holy gently caress neural implants!" at the start of the turn? Fortunately for gooncompany, we got the lucky double pilot hit.

He rolled a 7 vs a 5 and stayed up. I went, ahahaha neural implants killed him. (I was thinking it when ptn said IF I DON'T START KILLING A PLAYER A TURN AFTER THIS)... of course there isn't much left that the bowman can hope to kill now.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
I did my duty for the Coordinator. My IS heavy 'mech has contributed to the defeat of no less than two clan assaults, and losing the engine in the side torso is fixable, though it may take a while. Looking at the Pillager and the number of guns lost on the Flashman, anyone want a clantech Flashman IIC?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

It's no orphanage, but it'll do.

Rock on, Death Commandos. :china:

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Holy poo poo, that turn. :black101:

So many MVP candidates for this battle.

seekerwithin
Oct 29, 2011
My cup runneth over. Things took a definite positive turn and the stalker's back in the battle!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

anakha posted:

Holy poo poo, that turn. :black101:

So many MVP candidates for this battle.

:black101: You leave me no choice but to crush the bowmans cockpit with my guns.

(if everything goes bad I can probably solo the bowman and kick the salamanders to death.)

Oh hey ptn is there any reason for the stalker to be at 2/3? I didn't think it has any leg damage and it certainly has no heat build up

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Sep 22, 2012

Servicio en Espanol
Feb 5, 2009

Voyager I posted:

Yeah, some of the salvaged mechs look like they're going to need more work than we'll be able to give them over the scope of the campaign, unless we get a serious recuperation period or the factory we take next turn lets us get a lot more done, but they're still largely-operational clan heavies and assaults. Even if we don't do anything but box them up and take them home, they're worth a lot (though it would be nice to get an original design or two in there).

Even if Yan is out the rest of the campaign I have no regrets for how GoonCompany used it. Assaulting a starport and a volcano base are exactly the sort of things assault companies do, and we still have Ma Mian for running around taking the Dales or whatever and Niu Tou for busting into the cities. It'd be nice if Yan was mostly rebuilt in time for the last battle but by that time we might only have enough usable mechs for one mixed company anyway.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

:jp:"I fell on him and then he died.":jp:

:cheers:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

T.G. Xarbala posted:

:jp:"I fell on him and then he died.":jp:

:cheers:

Such is how all dickish clanners should go. The exterminator not being a dick is cool.

:chef: I don't suppose you would be willing to draw me derping off a cliff to kill the enemy boss for the fans?

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Sep 22, 2012

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Welp, guess I gotta.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Undertaker Suicide Drop succeeds, owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Welp, guess I gotta.

It'd go a little something like this

I still crack up at it's designation ID.

Because I am 5.

• Locked thread