Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Long time no typo!

quote:

Ho He’s world when white as a submunition burst against her Banshee’s cockpit...

Should be 'went white'.

Also, the bold tags for the last few mech status reports have been messed up for several updates now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Oh loving yeah! This campaign is just awesome. I want to keep playing these death commandoes for the rest of this LP.

Also, we might lose a mech or two to take out that bowman. But next round we should let Yan rest and repair while assaulting a city with the fresh and rested company.

MVPs are either Po2 or the Atlas.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Affi posted:

Oh loving yeah! This campaign is just awesome. I want to keep playing these death commandoes for the rest of this LP.

Also, we might lose a mech or two to take out that bowman. But next round we should let Yan rest and repair while assaulting a city with the fresh and rested company.

MVPs are either Po2 or the Atlas.

Next round, we let Yan take their shiny new One-previous-careful-reckless-owner clantech assaults and heavies to fill in the gaps.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
Is the Po a PTN custom design? The only 'Po' I can find on Sarna is a tank.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
It was one of the design contest winners.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Z the IVth posted:

Is the Po a PTN custom design? The only 'Po' I can find on Sarna is a tank.

Nope. It was designed by Picard Day as part of this contest.

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
I now feel completely vindicated in voting for the Po. That was awesome work, Goon Commandos.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
I don't remember that maneuver being one of the design's selling points.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Sometimes you need to take drastic measures when all you have are a trio of MRM-10s.

Schneeble
May 4, 2010

The grandest hats
or GTFO.

TildeATH posted:

I don't remember that maneuver being one of the design's selling points.

So, you're saying that it has undocumented features.

That was a fantastic round. I am so happy to be reading this LP.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
My Po... it went splat :gonk:

Still, Po 1 for MVP with the double-headshot that won us a gently-used massacre machine!

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

That bodyslam was a thing of beauty :suspense:

Zeroisanumber posted:

Depending on how committed a Clanner the Bowman is, he might just ask to surrender.

Yeah, Miranda and Ho He should start demanding the Bowman and remaining Salamanders surrender over the radio - the Bowman might get lucky and take out another Goon mech but it's pretty much dead meat on its own, and the Salamanders can be picked off with ease.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Rivensteel posted:

My Po... it went splat :gonk:

Still, Po 1 for MVP with the double-headshot that won us a gently-used massacre machine!

:argh: You can't claim mvp this early.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Acting with maximum :black101: is what makes Let's PLay Battletech the best LP.

GodChancellor's speed, Goon Commandos.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
That Po basically did a flying clothesline off the top rope.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

-Troika- posted:

That Po basically did a flying clothesline off the top rope.

No, that's not even close to what we saw.

AK's Po just body slammed an opponent and made his chest explode. Not only that, he made the pilot's head explode like an M-80 inside a grape through the sheer force of the body slam. If that isn't :black101:, I don't know what is.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

-Troika- posted:

That Po basically did a flying spear off the top rope.

Given the damage, this seems more appropriate.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Given that it made the chest and head explode, I'm going with an old school Banzai Drop.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
You know that thing Goldberg used to do?

The Po did that. Plus head explosion.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
The head didn't explode, the pilot fried himself with neural feedback.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

PoptartsNinja posted:

The head didn't explode, the pilot fried himself with neural feedback.

The pilot's head exploded.

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.
His brain is flash-fried, a crispy well-done.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

JT Jag posted:

You know that thing Goldberg used to do?

The Po did that.

Something like this, then?

Xarbala, draw it this way for maximum :black101:.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
We can only hope the experience was painful, but left him conscious enough to understand that he was undone by an IS 40-tonner.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Voyager I posted:

We can only hope the experience was painful, but left him conscious enough to understand that he was undone by an IS 40-tonner.
I'm guessing that, in the split second that he was looking at the Po coming at him head-first, Tithon Yeh was able to think the entire sentence "what the gently caress is that?" at hyper-speed, due to his activated implants. Then everything went red. Then nothing.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I prefer to believe that the reason he died from brain-fry wasn't neural feedback from pilot hits, but from having an anyeurism from what he was seeing.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Was not expecting that end for the Annihilator, but I guess it works and leaves a majorly salvagable machine for your techs to pick over and either get tech to ship back over to the Confederation or to incorporate into your own mechs to replace damaged or destroyed weaponry. Totally appropriate for the rear end in a top hat Star Captain to fry his brain out like that. That Po drop into the chest was totally worth it, despite my reservations when it was first discussed here. Nice job there, Krab. The first Po filling the Annihilator's head with missiles to get the first couple of pilot hits helped as well, and that Po paid the price for it. Even in its death throes, the Annihilator was dangerous, what with it savaging and blowing the engine out of the first Po, wrecking the Banshee's ER PPC, and all but blowing the Flashman to scrap. It survived the Po drop and the ammo explosion, but frying the pilot's brains out by neural implants? Ouch.

Shame that the Flashman all but melting itself down by firing everything didn't have that much of an effect. It survived that ammo explosion, only to get wrecked by the Annihilator's cluster autocannon, then falling and wrecking its engine. At least the pilot survived that and was able to eject, though joining the list of GoonCompany Death Commando pilots that need new rides now. At least you guys will have a bunch of Clan rides to chose from if you decide to use them now.

Now only the Bowman remains. Shame about it getting another head and pilot hit on the Banshee though. I guess the PPC it lost can be replaced with one from a Clan mech, so it's not all bad. The Stalker waking up just in time to take out the last remaining enemy is hilarious, but I don't know how much of a threat it can be with almost all of its weaponry destroyed previously this mission... Guess I'll just have to wait for the next turn and see.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I'm not sure how of the Annihilator will be intact after we bombarded it like that, but if it's in even half-decent shape I'm pretty sure we're obligated to send this one back to the Confederation. Just sending this one mech back would arguably make the entire technology acquisition mission a success.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

If only that PPC headshot hit, we would've had an entirely intact Annihilator.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

JT Jag posted:

I'm not sure how of the Annihilator will be intact after we bombarded it like that, but if it's in even half-decent shape I'm pretty sure we're obligated to send this one back to the Confederation. Just sending this one mech back would arguably make the entire technology acquisition mission a success.

It is a zombie with a relatively undestroyed CT :getin: we is good to use it once we weld that arm and torso back on.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

AtomikKrab posted:

It is a zombie with a relatively undestroyed CT :getin: we is good to use it once we weld that arm and torso back on.

Leave it how it is and it will be the perfect new ride for Williams.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
`Mechs you have a reasonable chance to see in action before the campaign ends:

Exterminator IIC, Cyclops IIC

Assuming the Bowman doesn't finish everyone off.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
PTN, this is an amazing thread. I just wanted to re-iterate that, especially after it lead to the amazing action we just saw.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Wht about a Dragon Fire IIC :haw:

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.
Any chance we could capture or force the surrender of those elementals? Having some powered armor guys for recon etc. would be mighty nice.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Krumbsthumbs posted:

Any chance we could capture or force the surrender of those elementals? Having some powered armor guys for recon etc. would be mighty nice.

It's usually pretty hard for mechs to capture Elementals. Your weapons will generally kill them outright rather than just wound them enough to knock them out and they've got no reason to surrender when they can just evade you or latch on to your cockpit and maul you like a bear.

Zaodai fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Sep 23, 2012

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

-Troika- posted:

Wht about a Dragon Fire IIC :haw:

Ooooh, me likey. The Dragon Fire is a great design. Punch big holes, then spray LBX rounds to get crits.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

PoptartsNinja posted:

I take it that "gracefully" isn't how the Bowman plans to finish this?

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

Voyager I posted:

I take it that "gracefully" isn't how the Bowman plans to finish this?

I guess not every Clanner is as cool as Mechwarrior Steve, eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

PoptartsNinja posted:

`Mechs you have a reasonable chance to see in action before the campaign ends:

Exterminator IIC, Cyclops IIC

Ooooh, that Exterminator would make a mighty fine replacement for our dead P-Hawk. And with a 1/1 pilot,:swoon:

• Locked thread