Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chococat
Aug 22, 2000
Forum Veteran

Okay so it looks like this is the orders?

Vincolo - folder (1) Arino invader Pasmo (1) bottle (1)

Caitlin - keychain (1) pencil box (1)

Zari gani - folder (1) keychain (1) raglan M (1) map sticker (2?)

Xamphear - keychain (1) map sticker (1) Pasmo (2) pin (1) folder (1)

Absolutely anything and DiscoJ - folder (1)

Pear - folder (2)

Josh - folder (1) keychain (1)

I have enough wiggle room for a few more orders since I'm done my Squeenix shopping now and there's nothing else I really want.

Chococat fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Sep 23, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
Looks right for me, anyway! So much :love: I have for you.

I just wish they had a cellphone charm. :v:

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!
That's correct as far as my hopes and dreams go.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
If you could get me a TOO MUCH DOING TV GAME folder that would be the raddest

Chococat
Aug 22, 2000
Forum Veteran

absolutely anything posted:

If you could get me a TOO MUCH DOING TV GAME folder that would be the raddest
Sure. Added to my shopping list.

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

Chococat posted:

Okay so it looks like this is the orders?

Vincolo - folder (1) Arino invader Pasmo (1) bottle (1)

Caitlin - keychain (1) pencil box (1)

Zari gani - folder (1) keychain (1) raglan M (1) map sticker (2?)

Xamphear - keychain (1) map sticker (1) Pasmo (2) pin (1) folder (1)

I have enough wiggle room for a few more orders since I'm done my Squeenix shopping now and there's nothing else I really want.

I really should have got this myself on Friday, but can I request an A4 folder please. Arino-type.

Chococat
Aug 22, 2000
Forum Veteran

DiscoJ posted:

I really should have got this myself on Friday, but can I request an A4 folder please. Arino-type.
you're in luck, the folder comes with both Arino AND the king. Whatta deal!

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
Kinda want that messenger bag but not enough to pay $60+ for it.

Sailor Goon
Feb 21, 2012

I'd like two folders, if that's at all possible. One for me and one for my non-goon friend who also likes the show. :) I can Paypal you pretty much immediately if you need me to.

Joshuadel
Sep 2, 2011

Drop in a token, look at a duck
Not sure if the offer is still out there, but I'll reiterate again, I'd be interested in the keychain and the Arino folder. I'd be willing to go for pretty much anything, though, and I'll be sure to pay a finder's fee on top of shipping and the item(s).

Chococat
Aug 22, 2000
Forum Veteran

Orders closed due to being out of ¥¥¥

The pin sold out, sorry :(

Everyone else:

Chococat fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Sep 23, 2012

Joshuadel
Sep 2, 2011

drat, color me jealous. Thanks for trying, anyway! And congrats to the lucky few who snagged something awesome.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I suppose it's better this way. Was going to ask for a folder, but then I wanted more and more and more...

I have the money to pay for it, but I shouldn't be spending it right now.

Chococat
Aug 22, 2000
Forum Veteran

I got you josh. Going back right now.

Joshuadel
Sep 2, 2011

Chococat posted:

I got you josh. Going back right now.

Well, you just made my night! Thanks for being the awesomest.

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!

Chococat posted:

The pin sold out, sorry :(

It's hard to be sad looking at that pile of stuff!

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
Thanks so much :3: PM me what I owe and I'll Paypal it ASAP.

ETA: According to Twitter, Arino is on the main stage presenting awards right now.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Sep 23, 2012

Sailor Goon
Feb 21, 2012

drat, that's a nice pile of stuff. I wish Fuji TV would sell some of that stuff online, but of course it'd be a huge hassle for them to ship overseas and deal with customs so it's easy to see why they don't. The fanbase outside Japan probably isn't big enough to make it worthwhile.

edit: if you did manage to get a folder or two for me, great, PM me and I can pay you right away. If not, that's cool, it was awesome of you to hook people up with stuff.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
If you're willing to go back, I'd totally pay for a folder (Too much game). If not, no prob.

Chococat
Aug 22, 2000
Forum Veteran

Oh man they thought it was hilarious I bought so much stuff over three trips to their booth. I got everybody, even vlaphor if you're still interested. I am completely out of money now though (oops! Good thing I packed a lunch!)

I cannot pm until I get home in a few hours

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!

Chococat posted:

(oops! Good thing I packed a lunch!)

I have a feeling that your sacrifice will not go unrewarded. :)

Did you tell them you were buying stuff to ship to overseas fans?

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

xamphear posted:

I have a feeling that your sacrifice will not go unrewarded. :)

Did you tell them you were buying stuff to ship to overseas fans?

Maybe they'll tell Arino all about the crazy lady buying things for zari-gani's friends. :allears:

And then they'll autograph stuff for us. :allears:

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Aww man, I missed the TGS Spending Spree. :smith:

Ah well, the only thing I really wanted (the pin) ended up being sold out, so it's not too bad. It also doesn't help that I couldn't really make out what some of those things were (Like, what is that next to the flashlight and jacket?).

Oh well, that's always next year. :unsmith:

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Chococat posted:

...even vlaphor if you're still interested...

Very. Just tell me how much ( I translate yen straight across, so I'm imagining around $10 or so for the folder).

Chococat
Aug 22, 2000
Forum Veteran

Vlaphor posted:

Very. Just tell me how much ( I translate yen straight across, so I'm imagining around $10 or so for the folder).

Hahahaa no I wish. It is something like 75-77Â¥ to the dollar unfortunately.

Sailor Goon
Feb 21, 2012

I'm happy to pay whatever. You're awesome to do this for people here. Can't wait to blow my friend's mind with a nifty GCCX folder.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Chococat posted:

Hahahaa no I wish. It is something like 75-77Â¥ to the dollar unfortunately.

Even better (had I know that, I might've asked for more). Oh well, just tell me how much to get it to me and how you want the money. Thanks again.

Chococat
Aug 22, 2000
Forum Veteran

That's a terrible exchange rate for USD! 100 yen is $1.25 or thereabouts. :(

Joshuadel
Sep 2, 2011

Humongous Pear posted:

I'm happy to pay whatever.

Seconded. I'm just thrilled to get my hands on any swag from the show.

Chococat, I sent a PM just to get PayPal/mailing details whenever you get back to your home computer. Thanks again for your help.

Chococat
Aug 22, 2000
Forum Veteran

Volfogg posted:

(Like, what is that next to the flashlight and jacket?).
it's a battery powered fan on a lanyard.

I told them I was bringing all this stuff back to america! I forgot to name drop you thought zg

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Chococat posted:

I told them I was bringing all this stuff back to america! I forgot to name drop you thought zg

As long as they know it's for the overseas fans it's fine!

Everyone who bought stuff, keep in mind that not only do we get cool swag, we also helped directly support the show!

ETA: A photo Arino snapped of one of the Yakuza 5 booth girls who was really shocked and happy to see him.

Also, ever wanted to play one of those flick-the-coin games Arino always plays at candy stores? Well now you can. Online!

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Sep 23, 2012

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

zari-gani posted:

Also, ever wanted to play one of those flick-the-coin games Arino always plays at candy stores? Well now you can. Online!

"Hey, I wonder what happens if I put a bunch of 10 yen coins in this?"

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Is the can of coke supposed to do anything? You can toss it around but that's about it.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Zeether posted:

"Hey, I wonder what happens if I put a bunch of 10 yen coins in this?"

Can you really break the glass? Do you do it by nudging the machine a lot, or?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Can you really break the glass? Do you do it by nudging the machine a lot, or?

It spawns a coin every time you click and you can probably lag out an older machine with enough clicks. I got the glass to crack and re-crack(you'll see it lighten and darken again) but as far as I can tell it doesn't bust all the way through. Watch the key swinging around as well, it's a neat touch.

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!

zari-gani posted:

I won a pack of something that probably cost me more than the 50 or so yen i spent!! the trick on the first few is light flicks, then on the 2nd to last one apply more force. the last one I have no idea what I did.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

zari-gani posted:

Welp, goodbye sanity until I can see all the kinds of snacks in there. :negative:

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Oh goddammit! I'm really bummed that all this happened while I was asleep. :( No Arino folder for me.

time zones :argh:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I just won some umaibo.

e: dear god, I can get this on my phone? Hello bathroom game for the next month. :frog:

e2: heh, if you leave them under the slot where they fall out they just keep stacking on top of each other.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Sep 23, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chococat
Aug 22, 2000
Forum Veteran

Corridor posted:

Oh goddammit! I'm really bummed that all this happened while I was asleep. :( No Arino folder for me.

I think I might have an extra bandana or something if you're interested. I will sort out the bag when I get home.