Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Thought we had a self-imposed embargo against posting Larson because he nicely asked the internet not to.

Or whatever, anarchy :)

Saint Sputnik fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Sep 22, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Signing that probably wasn't wise.

To continue a theme:

Now Gangnam Syle.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Also here's one you missed

Hip Flask
Dec 14, 2010

Zip Mask

Aatrek posted:

There's some great stuff on the official White House Flickr stream.

Barry has a a thing or two to learn from Vladimir Vladimirovich when it comes to propaganda pictures.
__

Hip Flask fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Sep 22, 2012

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

ekuNNN posted:

Maybe most people agreeing with me just don't have pictures to post or something...

I was being a lazy poo poo but I'll man up and post. I agree with you, as annoying as that guy is, that kind of conduct is completely uncalled for.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Saint Sputnik posted:

Thought we had a self-imposed embargo against posting Larson because he nicely asked the internet not to.

Or whatever, anarchy :)

Oh, I didn't know, I'll remove it. Could you edit it out of your quote too?

ChlamydiaJones
Sep 27, 2002

My Estonian riding instructor told me; "Mine munni ahvi türa imeja", and I live by that every day!
Ramrod XTreme
I received this in the mail yesterday. The part I find most precious is that they designed the shipping label location so that you might unconsciously see yourself as the train.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

David Cross?

ChlamydiaJones posted:

I received this in the mail yesterday. The part I find most precious is that they designed the shipping label location so that you might unconsciously see yourself as the train.

I am the train... :getin:

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Four billion a day????? Gee whillikers, that's like $12 for each American each day. Your children are literally borrowing the equivalent of a dinner for two at a fast-food joint every single day just for the privilege of living in the most amazing and exceptional country ever to exist on the face of the earth.:911:

Only one thing to do, pay off the national debt just like America's only good president:

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Four billion a day????? Gee whillikers, that's like $12 for each American each day. Your children are literally borrowing the equivalent of a dinner for two at a fast-food joint every single day just for the privilege of living in the most amazing and exceptional country ever to exist on the face of the earth.:911:

Only one thing to do, pay off the national debt just like America's only good president:

Aww, he's cuddling those Indians so nicely!

Ingo Pech
Oct 1, 2010

ekuNNN posted:

Maybe most people agreeing with me just don't have pictures to post or something, but I'm amazed by the acceptance of D&D of this clearly unjustified tasing. This is such a simple thing, but because I had expected a kind of general condemnation of the tasing, this has started to seem like a good case of everything that's wrong with the US to me. Just random citizens being so indoctrinated that they feel the need to defend authoritarian pieces of poo poo infringing on their rights, because maintaining order in the completely hosed up status quo is the most important thing.

Recently a policewpman in the Netherlands was filmed kneeing a drunk man in the stomach while he clearly wasn't in a state to resist. This started a countrywide controversy about police-men and -women, and the fact that they should refrain from violence when it isn't 100% justifiable. Of course we also had authoritarian pieces of poo poo that argued that it's only right when the cops assault drunk people, but at last there was a discussion, like there should be in a country that's not completely morally bankrupt.

Where the gently caress do you get off making generalizations about 400 million peoples' opinions? Do you remember the old Cops on The Beat threads? Seems to my recollection that plenty of Americans are really, really angry at the status quo of the police here. I agree that a dude with a camera isn't worth tasing and that its morally reprehensible for the state to use cooercive violence against its citizens, especially those who may be mentally ill. Tasers are basically instruments of torture, in my eyes. Hell, all of your posts in this thread have been real good and I agree with a lot of what you post but this needed to be called out. Last I checked there is plenty of discussion every time police violence comes up in the news. Did you even stop to consider that a lot of Americans not as privileged as those couple who you are responding to actually have to live under the constant threat of state violence? What makes you think they accept those authoritarian pieces of poo poo? Plenty easy to make generalizations about communities you don't live in.

Ingo Pech fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Sep 23, 2012

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ingo Pech posted:

Where the gently caress do you get off making generalizations about 400 million peoples' opinions?

:ohdear:

I didn't, though. I said the problem with the US was that there's random citizens who feel the need to rush in and defend police brutality, not that that is how every American, or even the majority of Americans feel. Just that you seem to have more of them than in a lot of other countries. Although that's probably not true either.

I probably just see more of those people who are also Americans because I mostly follow politics on American websites. If I followed the news through Dutch sites I'd probably see the same disgusting attitude constantly, so sorry about that. I guess it's the problem with most countries, not just the US.

Nahdrav
Apr 15, 2007

"Never seen the sun shine brighter
And it feels like me, on a good day"

Literally met this guy IRL,
He is insanely punchable and douchier than you could possibly imagine.

IIRC he compared a 24 hour ban on campus campaigning (cus he broke some rules) to Nazi book burning.

nubdestoryer
Sep 15, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

ekuNNN posted:

Oh, I didn't know, I'll remove it. Could you edit it out of your quote too?

The student protests in Chile... I lived there for two years and its sad how little attention they have recieved in the rest of the world.

A photo of my own from the same protests (water cannons and tear gas are employed very liberally at student protests, after the government decided last year the protests were illegal):

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

I like to imagine this guy was like standing in the middle of the street swinging the stick around pretending he was Neo from the Matrix or something.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!

Don't be so quick to defend Elmo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuouL4WnM9A

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I laughed at this harder than I should have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tILqds7-jg

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Nahdrav posted:

IIRC he compared a 24 hour ban on campus campaigning (cus he broke some rules) to Nazi book burning.

And he's digging himself deeper on this poo poo:

Experto Crede
Aug 19, 2008

Keep on Truckin'

TinTower posted:

And he's digging himself deeper on this poo poo:

Except this is clearly the sort of guy that would vote against women's rights if he were in any position to do so.

Nahdrav posted:

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Re: Obama / Biden pics from a bit ago, here's my favorite:

:3:

And here's the backstory.

camel melt
Sep 21, 2006

The Skin That Burns is the story of Iran’s volunteer soldiers who were exposed to chemical bombs during the Iran-Iraq War.

https://vimeo.com/48601945

wikipedia posted:

About 100,000 Iranian soldiers were victims of Iraq's chemical attacks. Many were hit by mustard gas. The official estimate does not include the civilian population contaminated in bordering towns or the children and relatives of veterans, many of whom have developed blood, lung and skin complications, according to the Organization for Veterans. Nerve gas agents killed about 20,000 Iranian soldiers immediately, according to official reports. Of the 80,000 survivors, some 5,000 seek medical treatment regularly and about 1,000 are still hospitalized with severe, chronic conditions.

From Abbas Kowsari's series Shades of Earth which depicts the pilgrimage by the families of those who died at the front lines of the Iran-Iraq War. Over 500,000 Iranians died during the conflict. It was probably one of the more hosed up things that happened in the last century.

Radd McCool
Dec 3, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Oct 6, 2014

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Orkiec
Dec 28, 2008

My gut, huh?

in case that doesn't count:

Rhetoric-o-Tron
Jan 5, 2009

by Pragmatica

t3h z0r posted:

So remember this thing.

Well the Romney team has whipped up their own version!

This is official merchandise. For only $20 you can own a bad photoshop tracing with a random font slapped on.

I really can't get over how comical this looks.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Saw this at a custom t-shirt shop in a Tel Aviv mall and thought of you, DnD picture thread

the2ndgenesis
Mar 18, 2009

You, McNulty, are a gaping asshole. We both know this.

PFLP poster posted:

Glory and immortality to the martyrs and the struggle of Tel Al-Zaatar.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.

Lost For Words posted:

Saw this at a custom t-shirt shop in a Tel Aviv mall and thought of you, DnD picture thread

Holy poo poo is that a dense picture. WE have that awful meme, Iran's leader, Obama, as a woman, and either a generic butterfly picture or a reference to the resistance movement in the Dominican republic from a dictator.

The sisters who started it all:

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

mugrim posted:

Holy poo poo is that a dense picture. WE have that awful meme, Iran's leader, Obama, as a woman, and either a generic butterfly picture or a reference to the resistance movement in the Dominican republic from a dictator.

And that's a British flag with USA under it. :psyduck:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It's all very intentional

unrelated pictures of British impressing sailors:

Dave Grool fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Sep 24, 2012

BrotherAdso
May 22, 2008

stat rosa pristina nomine
nomina nuda tenemus
I dearly hope a music video meets the requirements here of a picture

But seriously this is the best non-literary look at American poverty I have ever seen -- it's better even than Public Enemy or the classic that is GrandMaster Flash's 'The Message' because it comes from a much more mature thinker with a deep education on themes of social justice and consciousness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HwATJMeOYU

Seriously. If you viciously prod your friends to watch only one political video.

edit: just in case it doesn't a nice piece of anti-war art based off the classic pietas sculpture:

BrotherAdso fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Sep 24, 2012

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Lost For Words posted:

unrelated pictures of British impressing sailors:

Those sailors don't look very impressed to me! :downsrim:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Care to explain why that shoe is interesting?

IDF Poster advocating use of Hebrew over other languages, ca 1950

• Locked thread