Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Wow, pacing turned up to 11 this episode.

I thought the reaction of Mutta's parents to Serika was hilarious. I wonder if that will set off any alarm bells.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer
I'm really happy that they started using actual space photos. Even labelling them!

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007
Circumstances have gone beyond my control.
Looks like there still is chance of getting flunked out in the final interview. Here's hoping Assface doesn't make it!

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

Morgenthau posted:

Looks like there still is chance of getting flunked out in the final interview. Here's hoping Assface doesn't make it!
Yeah. Okay, so the show is making us think, once again, that Mutta might just possibly flunk out, but does anyone here really think that'll happen? I wasn't so sure in the beginning of the show, because there were so many directions the show could've gone. I was thinking that maybe he'd flunk out and become a JAXA/NASA engineer working on the systems that Hibito uses as an astronaut. That seems far less likely now after 20-odd episodes.

This whole situation smacks of the Hunter x Hunter exam. Will Gon make it? Will Mutta become an astronaut? Oh no, now we have this older Japanese astronaut with an apparently large chip on his shoulder (against Hibito) interviewing Hibito's older brother!

Yeah, I think Hibito called it perfectly in this episode: (episode spoiler) He said that Asuma was too much the professional to let any emotions he had regarding Hibito to interfere with his judgement on Mutta's ability to be an astronaut. I'm 100% behind that. I'll go further. I bet he told Hibito not to associate with him any longer to further Hibito's career along -- not because he's pissed at Hibito, but because he's an old fogey and doesn't want any negative association from himself rubbing off on Hibito's rising star.

The whole throwing the baseball alone on the rooftop thing with Hibito is one large red herring. That's my opinion, anyway, and I'll stick with it until the next episode or I'm proven wrong, or one of you folks has a better idea.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Shower!!! Shirt!!! Milk! Milk! Milk! Milk! Milk!

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007

Dan7el posted:

Yeah. Okay, so the show is making us think, once again, that Mutta might just possibly flunk out, but does anyone here really think that'll happen? I wasn't so sure in the beginning of the show, because there were so many directions the show could've gone. I was thinking that maybe he'd flunk out and become a JAXA/NASA engineer working on the systems that Hibito uses as an astronaut. That seems far less likely now after 20-odd episodes.

This whole situation smacks of the Hunter x Hunter exam. Will Gon make it? Will Mutta become an astronaut? Oh no, now we have this older Japanese astronaut with an apparently large chip on his shoulder (against Hibito) interviewing Hibito's older brother!

Yeah, I think Hibito called it perfectly in this episode: (episode spoiler) He said that Asuma was too much the professional to let any emotions he had regarding Hibito to interfere with his judgement on Mutta's ability to be an astronaut. I'm 100% behind that. I'll go further. I bet he told Hibito not to associate with him any longer to further Hibito's career along -- not because he's pissed at Hibito, but because he's an old fogey and doesn't want any negative association from himself rubbing off on Hibito's rising star.

The whole throwing the baseball alone on the rooftop thing with Hibito is one large red herring. That's my opinion, anyway, and I'll stick with it until the next episode or I'm proven wrong, or one of you folks has a better idea.

Strangely I never really thought of that. The show is giving us so many hints Mutta will make it, plus Hibito's colleagues just acting nonchalantly like he's a shoo-in for the job.

Haha it's like everyone's just chill and Mutta's just sweating out for nothing.

Asuma's an utter mystery to me though, but looks like he's just gruff and misunderstood. :unsmith:

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Mutta, you shouldn't squat like that, you are going to ruin your knees, you gotta squat deeper.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Sentai confirmed the series will be getting Blu-Ray english dub release here.

Snow Halation
Dec 29, 2008

The Black Stones posted:

Space Bros seriously needs a primetime spot on Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon.

Valsu
Jan 2, 2006

The Black Stones posted:

I cannot wait to buy this. Hopefully there will be a LE version I can be suckered into.

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
Mutta's sure got an interesting domain for his email
mutta06@xxx.com

:haw:

Shanakin fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Sep 30, 2012

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007
The first thing I'd do in a space suit is to flash the gangsta pose too.

metacorder
Dec 7, 2007

last of the uplift gnarssh
This show is so amazing! Love it. Thanks Horriblesubs.

Mitsuo
Jul 4, 2007
What does this box do?

metacorder posted:

This show is so amazing! Love it. Thanks Horriblesubs.

Is this serious? You do know Horriblesubs rips directly from Crunchyroll, which is free, right?

I mean, I understand :filez: when it's some obscure hard-to-get title from a decade ago, but Horriblesubs doesn't even sub.

Mitsuo fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Sep 30, 2012

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
When Crunchyroll makes itself available outside of the US the need for Horriblesubs will die out.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Popehoist posted:

When Crunchyroll makes itself available outside of the US the need for Horriblesubs will die out.

It is available outside the US. This particular show is available in:
"USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Central & South America."

Alca
Sep 7, 2005
8D
How is this show doing in Japan? Can we hope for several episodes/seasons?

Snow Halation
Dec 29, 2008

Alca posted:

How is this show doing in Japan? Can we hope for several episodes/seasons?

Above average for its time slot. I think the plan right now is for the anime to be a year long, and we've just hit the halfway point.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

I don't suppose it bothered anyone else that Mutta's french bread was just laying in the grass, exposed, did it? Edit: Plus, this image is completely unrealistic. I realize that Apo is an amazing dog, but by all rights of dogginess, he should be eating that bread right now, not staring into space looking at a T-38.

Also, is this shirt really descriptive of Mutta's father? I think not. Would you, as a man, wear a shirt that had this written on it?

Honestly, did they intentionally misspell "yuor boddy"? It's funny.

I don't think I've ever seen anything like this for sale in the USA. Plus, aren't those Pocky sticks?

Dan7el fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Oct 1, 2012

genki
Nov 12, 2003

Dan7el posted:

I don't suppose it bothered anyone else that Mutta's french bread was just laying in the grass, exposed, did it? Edit: Plus, this image is completely unrealistic. I realize that Apo is an amazing dog, but by all rights of dogginess, he should be eating that bread right now, not staring into space looking at a T-38.

Also, is this shirt really descriptive of Mutta's father? I think not. Would you, as a man, wear a shirt that had this written on it?

Honestly, did they intentionally misspell "yuor boddy"? It's funny.

I don't think I've ever seen anything like this for sale in the USA. Plus, aren't those Pocky sticks?

All that and you don't mention Waitting Room: No Smorking?

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

genki posted:

They're pretty serious about not wanting people to Smork in there. It can be annoying.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Dan7el posted:

I am pretty. So yes. :colbert: This is a heinous lie.

Someone making this show has definitely seen American TV before.

Mitsuo
Jul 4, 2007
What does this box do?

OddObserver posted:

It is available outside the US. This particular show is available in:
"USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Central & South America."

Yeah, if you live outside of those countries, then that's okay, get your anime fix how you can. It's just sad when people praise HorribleSubs, who are just really scummy.

edit: SBRN - Space Bros Recursive News

Mitsuo fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Oct 1, 2012

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer

Morgenthau posted:

The first thing I'd do in a space suit is to flash the gangsta pose too.
Struck me the same way. I flashed it back.

Really funny ep, "NO SMORKING" included, plus the Mutta's-strange-observations schtick.
On horriblesubs, I bought a crunchyroll sub because I was getting most shows from horriblesubs. I still get horrible because streaming isn't reliable on my internet. Crunchyroll is a nice way to pay for the shows, but that doesn't mean I want to use their streaming service.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

Mitsuo posted:

edit: SBRN - Space Bros Recursive News

I noticed this too, but I didn't want to comment on it. I've put two mirrors together and gotten infinite mirrors out of it. It's hard to do with proper lighting and also hard to see when you've done it correctly because my big head is in the way. This is better. I didn't see the No Smorking sign. I'll have to revisit that scene. Also, I tend to read in clumps rather than actually looking at the letters. I only noticed these because I purposefully paused at each scene. I knew something funny was up and wanted to capture them all.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

genki posted:

And then even after you pointed it out, most of them didn't catch the second T.

Doctor w-rw-rw-
Jun 24, 2008
I think they got the proportions for the Vehicle Assembly Building wrong at 17:37. It shows them basically on top of it, then shows them well behind it, rotating around it. I bet the staff didn't realize how truly gargantuan that building is.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
The new OP and ED aren't bad, but I miss the old ones already. :(

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

The Black Stones posted:

The new OP and ED aren't bad, but I miss the old ones already. :(

They don't have everyone dancing with Mutta and Hibito wigs, they can't possibly be good.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

Anyone else surprised that the T-38 trainer is still in service in 2025? I know the Air Force isn't in any hurry to replace them, but by 2025 they'll have about 60 years of service time.

Also, I wondered if Hibito would be the pilot of one of them. Not surprised he wasn't because there was no indication that Hibito was ever an air pilot. In the USA, going from pilot to astronaut is one of the more common progress paths, though.

Interesting and sad that four astronauts have been killed in T-38 accidents.

Roflfox
Jan 29, 2008

Your one and only, scorching laser light
One of my favorite little details about this show is how Nanba's parents sit around and have actual conversations old folks would have.

"We're going to Disneyland!"
"Something Mountain."
"No you mean Space Something."

Funny how episodes with so little happening have so much charm. :3:

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I just adore Ozzy's personalised clothing.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer
They even got the name of the park wrong. I thought it was just a show error but later they did call it Disney World.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

cooldude2.0 posted:

They even got the name of the park wrong. I thought it was just a show error but later they did call it Disney World.

That's actually a thing

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

EDIT: WOOPS

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer
Yes, they're in Florida which is home to Walt Disney World, but the parents, with their realistic banter, repeatedly call it Disney Land (which is in California). Instead of the writers getting it wrong I think they intentionally had the parents get it wrong.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Oops, totally got what you were saying wrong there. That's what I get for not paying much attention when I'm reading. Sorry.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

I like how Hibito's car ran out of FEUL.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Chas McGill posted:

I just adore Ozzy's personalised clothing.

I prefer to forget his name and just pretend he's a really big Black Sabbath fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Oh jeeze some of the stuff in this episode had me laughing.

Put some pants on, buddy!

and I definitely need an avatar sized gif of the astronaut doing the little dance in, and then back out again. loving killed me

• Locked thread