Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT
The Elizabeth Green fight in Prototype is making me want to null it. Anyone got any magic tips?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
I wish I could give it more of a shot, but I played it for something like 3 hours so far. It is simply not something I can keep playing. It's not fun, to me. I'd rather watch a Let's Play.

Devil Wears Wings
Jul 17, 2006

Look ye upon the wages of diet soda and weep, for it is society's fault.
BEAT: Dear Esther. Right here, we have not only an argument for interactive electronic media as a high-caliber storytelling medium, but also an even stronger argument that stripping out most of the things that we traditionally expect from a "video game" actually makes for a better narrative experience. While experiencing Dear Esther, I found myself thinking back to all of the times that I slogged through frustrating puzzles or clunky game mechanics for the sake of advancing a compelling narrative and wondering why the hell I bothered. This title, as far as I'm concerned, is (or at least should be) the Citizen Kane of video games. In fact, I'm probably going to play it again soon. And I almost never re-play games.

NULLED: Vessel. Speaking of frustrating puzzles, I'm not sure what I expected from this game, but it certainly wasn't tough-as-nails physics/machine puzzles. Those sorts of games just aren't my cup of tea.

Zedicus Mann
May 5, 2012

Last week was a Half-Life week.

I beat Half-Life
I was mostly through, already at the Lambda reactor so it was mainly a Xen run, but there's Black Mesa now.

Then I beat Half-Life: Opposing Force
It was another great game with the Half-Life feel about it. Not to mention the great things the drill sergeant says on the boot camp level. :mmmhmm:

After that I started and beat Half-Life: Blue Shift and the unofficial PC port of Half-Life: Decay
Blue Shift was great, but very short.
Decay was short too, but it was fun playing a Half-Life game in coop with a friend.

Overall some pretty fun games and if you haven't played them yet, you should.

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

Not a Steam game, but I mastered NSMB2 - an accomplishment most 3 year olds can also claim. This game is fun (as all Mario games are), but the abundance of coins makes it not challenging in any way, shape or form.

jvempire
May 10, 2009
Beat Mirrors Edge. It was a fun and unique FPS. I would recommend it for FPS fans looking for something different.

Also beat Thirty Flights of Loving, which is also unique in an indie game kind of way. I recommend it for Blendo fans, as in if you've played Gravity Bone (which is free check it out) I would check this game out as well.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

chippy posted:

The Elizabeth Green fight in Prototype is making me want to null it. Anyone got any magic tips?
That diving sky-bomb thing you get at the end of the gliding tree does ridiculous damage to her, if you can figure out the trick to aiming it. Practice with it a bit first, then give it a shot.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Completed LaserCat. Desura instead of Steam, but whatever. Cute, simple game. Does the Metroidvania kind of backtracking thing, but you don't actually gain new abilities, so it's more an issue of trial and error choosing paths than anything else.

Plastic Goldbaby
Sep 8, 2010

Purple horseshoes?
Sure, if they be nailed to a golden horse.
Beat Prince of Persia (2008), but just barely. Christ what an awful game. I loved Sands of Time, and the other two after it were pretty good, at least as far as gameplay went. But man did this reboot disappoint me. Aside from the visuals and about half of the platforming, the game is terrible. Terrible plot, terrible characters, terrible combat, terrible writing, just terrible. The vanilla platforming was better than ever, but the magical pad platforming poo poo was incredibly lame. Don't play it.

Nulled Burnout Paradise. Another bad game. I couldn't play it for so many reasons. The open-world races are a cool idea but when you spend most of the time worrying about navigating to the finish line instead of beating your opponents, it gets frustrating quickly. The open-world setting absolutely does not work for this game. With no quick-travel system, you have to drive across the map to get to the event that you want, and the game doesn't have the courtesy to let you know if you've completed an event until after you've started. The worst offense of this game, though, was that they got rid of Crash mode. This is unforgivable. In it's place, they have Showtime mode, which is basically like the insurance fraud missions from the Saints Row series, only with a car and way less fun. If you are a longtime Burnout fan like myself, stay away from this turd. Play Burnout 3 or Takedown instead.

I am currently playing a game that I love, though. Everyone who hasn't needs to go download Black Mesa Source right now. It's the most fun I have had with a game in a long time, and it's absolutely free!

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Plastic Goldbaby posted:

Nulled Burnout Paradise. Another bad game. I couldn't play it for so many reasons. The open-world races are a cool idea but when you spend most of the time worrying about navigating to the finish line instead of beating your opponents, it gets frustrating quickly. The open-world setting absolutely does not work for this game. With no quick-travel system, you have to drive across the map to get to the event that you want, and the game doesn't have the courtesy to let you know if you've completed an event until after you've started. The worst offense of this game, though, was that they got rid of Crash mode. This is unforgivable. In it's place, they have Showtime mode, which is basically like the insurance fraud missions from the Saints Row series, only with a car and way less fun. If you are a longtime Burnout fan like myself, stay away from this turd. Play Burnout 3 or Takedown instead.
Oof, I think you're an outlier on this one- no crash mode is lame, and I dislike not being able to automatically redo an event that I just failed (although driving across the map is fun in of itself and helps you get familiar with it and all the little shortcuts), but I absolutely love it otherwise and think it's one of the best Burnout games. Initially I did dislike it because it was less arcadey, but it really grew on me.

BEAT: Recettear. Killed the last payment by 1.5 million on top of the 500k I needed, and now I'm just taking it easy in endless mode building up my shop and completing the dungeons I have left. Great, unique little game.

NULLED: Cogs. I will never complete this in my lifetime, I don't think my heart could take it, it makes me feel so anxious and lovely. Realtime puzzlers with crazy geometry like this one seem really tough, I don't really possess the skill or time in order to get good at it, and I'd rather be playing something more methodical like SpaceChem, or The Oil Blue, which feels more rewarding and I've got a much better grip on.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I know what you mean. I'd like Cogs a lot more if it didn't time you.

Plastic Goldbaby
Sep 8, 2010

Purple horseshoes?
Sure, if they be nailed to a golden horse.

Bobby The Rookie posted:

Oof, I think you're an outlier on this one- no crash mode is lame, and I dislike not being able to automatically redo an event that I just failed (although driving across the map is fun in of itself and helps you get familiar with it and all the little shortcuts), but I absolutely love it otherwise and think it's one of the best Burnout games. Initially I did dislike it because it was less arcadey, but it really grew on me.
It does have it's moments of Burnout greatness that I love, but the pile of bad decisions that they implemented in order to pander to newcomers really killed it for me. Also, I hated the DJ and 80% of the music. The other 20% of the soundtrack is classical music and that was just awesome, it was all I listened to.

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT

Colon V posted:

That diving sky-bomb thing you get at the end of the gliding tree does ridiculous damage to her, if you can figure out the trick to aiming it. Practice with it a bit first, then give it a shot.

poo poo, I saved a lot of upgrade points for this fight, thinking I'd see what I needed, but I've now spent most of them on the critical pain devastator and the critical mass upgrades, and I'm not sure I have the points for this. Weem.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

chippy posted:

poo poo, I saved a lot of upgrade points for this fight, thinking I'd see what I needed, but I've now spent most of them on the critical pain devastator and the critical mass upgrades, and I'm not sure I have the points for this. Weem.

If that is the fight I think it was: Cheese it by sucking dry citizens/monsters and spamming your explode-into-tentacles-move of choice, also throw a lot of cars at it.

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT
Thanks dude, yeah I have been doing that too. I think I've got the basic pattern down, it's just that the fight is so goddamn LONG, plus loving hunters everywhere, after a while my attention just starts to wander and then I end up dying. It's a really weird combination of being challenging enough to require you to be fairly on the ball, and yet long and boring enough that you get caught out due to inattention.

I've been using the critical pain devastator mostly, I'll give the tentacle explosion one a go.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Any devastator works really.

And while the game is still fun after this fight the last boss is even more bullshit (Though not as much of a slog, you know if you win or loose really early)

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT
The most annoying thing I've found is finally taking out the 3 "support" arms and leaving her exposed, and then not having enough critical mass to hit her with any devastator attacks before she disappears underground. gently caress this fight.

It's pure stubborn-ness keeping me in the game at the moment. Sigh. I'll give it another go this week.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Never stop moving and never stop throwing cars. Also if you think that fight is lovely wait until you get to the end boss which is equally dumb except now there's a super tight time limit.

Also I beat Ys: Origin. A really fun game with some horrible anime art and insipid characters. I don't know if it's worth playing through with the other two characters as the game is super linear but I had enough fun with it to want to pick up another game in the series.

ACPaco
Jan 3, 2009

:420: party everyday :420:
Added Black Mesa. It's exactly what Valve should have done instead of Half-Life: Source.

I only have two maps left in Tropico 4 but I just can't bring myself around to them. I played it so long without a break I think I came to hate it.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

ACPaco posted:

Added Black Mesa. It's exactly what Valve should have done instead of Half-Life: Source.

Well, that wasn't really the point of Half-Life: Source. That was just "see we have this new engine look how easy it is to convert your old original Half-Life engine content to Source."

And I just beat Tiny & Big: Grandpa's Leftovers and Black Mesa. I'm not going to say BM was as good as a Valve game but it was still super fun and well worth anyone's time. Excellent production values all around. Tiny & Big has exactly one gimmick but it's a fun one and any game where I can solve puzzles the dumbest way possible instead of how the devs intended is fine by me. I absolutely loved the music and art style as well.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

ACPaco posted:

Oh wow this has brought back memories, it's turned out amazing so far. I'm still in the very beginning though because I'm a literal child who has spent about an hour already just running around giggling to myself like an idiot

I did the same in the original all those years ago, but you throw the Source engine into the mix and it's a paradise for the wildly immature. I haven't had this much fun with rear end in a top hat physics since about when Half-Life 2 came out. I'm so happy to see all the weird little interactions with the scientists were not only kept in, but improved upon.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I'm about halfway through Max Payne 2. I'm glad I decided to start playing this game. I think the storytelling is done really well and the pacing is great. The chapters aren't too long or too short. There are a few parts that I found myself constantly reloading because I would get out of a shootout pretty beat up, but those are few and far between.

I caved and bought the Humble Indie Bundle 6 and was gifted Alice: Madness Returns. I also want to check out Black Mesa. I really need to get through more of my backlog.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

I have not bought any additional games this week. This is good!

However, I did get Black Mesa and Borderlands 2 unlocked. I did a couple days (well, after work hours) of Black Mesa and found out that the soldiers are basically dicks.

Gilgamesh
Nov 26, 2001

I'm a few hours late, but I finally beat Torchlight on hard.

I picked it back up again from my steam cloud save once I pre-ordered Torchlight 2. There was a level 8 Destroyer on normal and a level 13 Vanquisher on hard sitting there from my previous plays. I chose the Vanquisher on hard. Now I wish I hadn't, because I think it took a lot longer, but at least I have a shiny achievement for it.

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school
Oof, I fell off the wagon hard this month. I kicked in my money for Project Eternity, and this apparently opened the floodgates. I also pre-ordered X-COM: Enemy Unknown, because the original (along with Star Control 2 and Tyrian) was one of my formative games in high school. While I was at it, I got They Bleed Pixels, Critter Crunch, Rochard, Space Pirates and Zombies, and Vessel.

Meanwhile, the only game I've beaten so far this month is Gish. :cry:

Of course, that's because every spare gaming moment I've had has gone straight to Fallout 3. I haven't put this much of time into a single player game since joining this thread. (In multiplayer, Dungeon Defenders and Spiral Knights beat it out.) I put the main plot on hold after Tranquility Lane and went and ran through most of the DLC. So, a trip report!
  • Operation: Anchorage was pretty clearly Bethesda being bored and deciding to stick a squad-based FPS in their game, and then Bethesda being careless and giving you a pile of hilariously brokenly awesome equipment. The Gauss Rifle from it has been my mainstay for much of the rest of the game, and the armor is either game-breakingly good or has 10,000,000 durability out of 1,000 (not a typo).
  • The Pitt was a lot better than I expected it to be. There are few things I hate more than scavenger hunts, and The Pitt starts out presenting itself as a scavenger hunt for 100 identical items. However, just in my exploring of the area, I picked up 50, which was enough to net me a sweet laser shotgun. Also, the writing took a sudden turn for the actually good right at the end, and presented one of the only moral choices in a binary moral system that actually made me think for more than the half second it takes to read the choices. I ultimately sided with Ashur, which to my surprise seemed unusually in-character for how I'd been playing my dude. So full points for that - I'm usually hugely dismissive of these sorts of Good Option/Evil Option things (and the game has been awful about them to date), but this is the first one that sparked some thought since Legion's loyalty quest in Mass Effect 2.
  • Mothership Zeta: Um. Well. Good thing I specced Energy Weapons and brought a lot of insanely awesome stealth stuff! I didn't actually mind this much, and the climactic battles were hilarious. I've been mostly avoiding using VATS, so I fired it up for the first time in 15 levels or so to wrap up the big final battle against the Mothership's Captain and his elite crew on the bridge. By which I mean "I opened the door and promptly one-shotted each of them with a single shot to the head from my Atomic Pulverizer before they could even get out of their seats." :black101:
I'd been warned that the quests after the place I stopped in the main plot triggered a shitload of bugs in The Pitt and in Mothership Zeta; that was part of the reason I did these now. I think I'll be going back to the main plot now, and pick up Point Lookout when I'm in the neighborhood. Broken Steel is, as I understand it, entirely post-game content so I'll get that when I get to it.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

ManxomeBromide posted:

and the armor is either game-breakingly good or has 10,000,000 durability out of 1,000 (not a typo).

This is actually what happened. The Winterized T-51b Armor you get at the end of the DLC accidentally got its placement switched with the modified version used in the simulator, which has ridiculous durability. So the simulator T-51b is the only item in the simulation that suffers noticeable wear and tear, while the version you get at the end could pretty easily take you to the endgame without needing repairs.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
Against my better judgement I gave Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery a second chance and finished it. It has some godawful combat segments where you click your weapons on your monitor to use them and it will cause you to die repeatedly. It has more ironic quirky humor. It has obtuse puzzles about clicking everything on your screen. Pee-pee, doo-doo, it is a bad game.

Gilgamesh
Nov 26, 2001

Thoughtless posted:

Against my better judgement I gave Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery a second chance and finished it. It has some godawful combat segments where you click your weapons on your monitor to use them and it will cause you to die repeatedly. It has more ironic quirky humor. It has obtuse puzzles about clicking everything on your screen. Pee-pee, doo-doo, it is a bad game.

Thanks, now I can null it. I played it enough to not like it, but thought I would give it another chance. Knowing it doesn't get any better is helpful.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Cleretic posted:

This is actually what happened. The Winterized T-51b Armor you get at the end of the DLC accidentally got its placement switched with the modified version used in the simulator, which has ridiculous durability. So the simulator T-51b is the only item in the simulation that suffers noticeable wear and tear, while the version you get at the end could pretty easily take you to the endgame without needing repairs.

LOL. Holy poo poo, I always wondered about this, since after I got that armor I pretty much never switched to anything else. For some reason I sort of assumed that it was intentional. I can't believe they never patched it out, considering that was the very first DLC released for Fallout 3!

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Gilgamesh posted:

Thanks, now I can null it. I played it enough to not like it, but thought I would give it another chance. Knowing it doesn't get any better is helpful.

The sound track was kinda good... kinda... sorta.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Malek posted:

The sound track was kinda good... kinda... sorta.

I liked the soundtrack, and the game. However, I played it on iPad. I don't think I would have enjoyed any of it at all on PC.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Well, Max Payne 2 is beaten. Knock that one off the backlog and keep working on Just Cause 2.

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school

SquadronROE posted:

I liked the soundtrack, and the game. However, I played it on iPad. I don't think I would have enjoyed any of it at all on PC.

I'm one of those people who don't "get" tablets and why people would want them, but this is the first time I've run into a situation where I don't get it from the other direction. What is it about the iPad experience that makes it a better game there than it would be on a PC?

I am moderately ashamed of myself for unironically using the phrase "the iPad experience" but it seems like actually the most direct way of phrasing it here

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
Assumably the "combat" would be better on an iPad since you can have your fingers on both the shield and sword at the same time.

Also, beat Wasteland Angel. Well, it's better than Bunch of Heroes. Cool music. Kinda satisfying shooting. But it's not a good or even mediocre game, make no mistake there. The controls are bad, it's too repetitive, the boss fights are tedious. On the up side, I got every achievement without trying over the course of a normal game. :toot:

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

ManxomeBromide posted:

I'm one of those people who don't "get" tablets and why people would want them, but this is the first time I've run into a situation where I don't get it from the other direction. What is it about the iPad experience that makes it a better game there than it would be on a PC?

I am moderately ashamed of myself for unironically using the phrase "the iPad experience" but it seems like actually the most direct way of phrasing it here

Well, as for the device itself there's a couple things that make it different:

Actually touching the screen.
Tilting the device itself.
Shaking the device.

In my experience of the game, a couple other factors came in. I was playing it in bed at night before going to sleep, so it was dark and quiet. I also hadn't read anything about the game prior to playing it.

Having to actually move the screen physically and shake it added a bit to the game. It made it more unique to me. Also, poking at the trees to make music made it feel a lot less goofy than clicking on different parts of the screen. Touching the weapon/shield during combat also felt a lot more natural on the iPad.

I look at it like I look at the Wii. There are things that it does that a PC can't emulate that well, but those things are rare and even more rarely are they used properly.

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school

SquadronROE posted:

[iPad stuff]

Thanks for the analysis! I actually haven't tried out Superbrothers yet (I got it one of those bundles, I think) but your answer and the one before implies kind of drastically unpleasant things about its controls on the PC.

In other news, I've now finished the rest of Fallout 3, including Point Lookout and Broken Steel. That was largely an exercise in Stealth Field abuse, but I have no shame about this, especially after checking Wiki and learning that a bunch of the weapons did a bunch of extra damage that ignores armor if and only if enemy NPCs are wielding them. I think being permanently invisible is a suitable counter to that, thanks.

Fallout 3 was my gaming life for the better part of a month. Time for a palate cleanser, with something smallish. I think I'll go with They Bleed Pixels if I want an action game, going back to Defense Grid if I want something more strategic, and Critter Crunch if I want a little of both.

I've been eyeing Recettear, too. It's been sitting there on my backlog taunting me for far, far too long.

Gilgamesh
Nov 26, 2001

At long last (31 hours), I've finally beaten FTL: Faster Than Light (on easy). This game is so addicting I can't even describe it. And this last game just unlocked two more ships... aaaahhhh I have to keep going. :)

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

More of a defeat here...purchased Hearts of Iron 3 Collection from GamersGate, a game which I almost certainly will never learn to play.

e: beat Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter. Didn't get the achievement for doing so though?

coolskull fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Sep 26, 2012

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
Any Borderlands 2 goons needing help with any of the missions? I got about 3 so far that are giving me hellaciously hard times and I could use some Co-op buddies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
Knocked off a few more in the last couple of weeks.

PixelJunk Eden: I knew very little about this coming in other than it's a platformer and someone recommended it during the summer sale when it was $2. I loved it. It's just so pleasant. Really pretty and it's very relaxing to hop around from branch to branch. There is a time limit, but you can refill it constantly and it's really slow anyway. I could see how other people may take issue with it but it didn't bother me that much. I really enjoyed the actual platforming, too, once you acquire all the various moves you can move around pretty fluidly and easily, and the levels were really fun to explore.

I almost never 100% games but this is one where I might have - if there weren't a couple of unusually frustrating bits to it. The parts where you have to mess around with several levers to open up a pathway seem like they were designed for co-op, which was omitted in the PC version apparently. On my own it was incredibly tedious to move around from lever to lever over and over again (since the platforming was more difficult in these later levels) just to check what it does, then go back again, etc. These were the only parts where the time actually ran out on me.

Assassin's Creed: Revelations: Redundant in both gameplay and story, but I love the base AC gameplay so much that frankly I didn't care. Yeah, it's not up there with the others, but free-running around Constantinople is still lots of fun, even if the city is not quite as interesting as Florence or Venice. However, it was lovely of Ubisoft to resolve the ending of Brotherhood in DLC rather than the base game; I imagine they will address this in some way in AC3 because not everyone would have bought the DLC (I didn't, but I read the spoilers for it).

Also, please stop desynching me for every tiny little infraction. Accidentally stepped out of the pre-defined combat zone? Desynched. Fell into the water? Desynched. This one NPC accidentally took some damage? Desynched. For a game that gives you so much freedom of movement, and so many weapons and tools to go about your business they sure love restricting you during the actual missions. I sincerely hope they loosen up a bit for AC3 because to me this is the single biggest flaw in the series.

Rochard: From the HIB6, of course. Again I knew little about this, but I ended up enjoying it for the most part. Unlike the above two I don't have much to say about it, though. Decently fun puzzle-platformer, with some questionable combat thrown in (a bit too much at times).

Scratches: Director's Cut: The horror is good. Atmosphere is well-done - it's suitably creepy to walk around the mansion, and the story is pretty classic horror mystery stuff and works well, and the developers wisely left some plot points open to interpretation. Music and sound design, which are so incredibly important to good horror, are for the most part also good. There are a bunch of good scares.

The puzzles, though, range from fine to completely loving awful. The game gives you very little to go on; at times you will be walking around with seemingly absolutely no goal to accomplish and no idea what to do until you happen to stumble on what the game wanted you to. Crucial items will not appear in their locations before you 'know' they're supposed to be there. Some puzzles can only be completed in the specific manner of the designer's choice even though you literally have a solution in your hands (for example, the classic adventure game puzzle - slide paper under door, make key fall out of keyhole, pull piece of paper with key - only works with a very specific newspaper, even though there are a million newspapers tossed around everywhere - you have to pick up the RIGHT one which you might have missed because you didn't pixelhunt well enough - and this even though you have a perfectly suitable envelope in your inventory). Other puzzles are just straight up tedious or nonsensical, and since the game does a terrible job at giving clues (journal and friend-on-the-phone notwithstanding), you will end up walking around aimlessly for long periods of time.

I think it's worth a playthrough, but be prepared to alt-tab to UHS every now and then and do not feel guilty about it.