Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guido van Possum
Apr 7, 2012

by T. Finninho
its friday he is probably getting laid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Gold Dust Gasoline posted:

Is Ian gone? I hope he's ok
still 15 days left on his second kickstarter (and only $20,000 funds left unpledged), a bit premature to kill his are self just yet :ohdear:

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Dr. Honked posted:

you can do it enrique!

so $5 goes towards the materials from Michaels but where does the other $5995 go?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

mods namechange posted:

still 15 days left on his second kickstarter (and only $20,000 funds left unpledged), a bit premature to kill his are self just yet :ohdear:

i wish my time were worth 20 grand an hour

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

seems plausible

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

he died on his way to his home page

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Proteus4994 posted:

so $5 goes towards the materials from Michaels but where does the other $5995 go?

virtual goods in online games

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Hashtag Nascar posted:

he died on his way to his home page

unixbeard
Dec 29, 2004

someone has pledged $1 :siren:

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
UP UP UP

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

The enemy has become a flaming star!

woot woot! 1 dollar! Thanks for the support. : ) $19,999 to go!

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
i like how he's wasting time on kickstarter while the opportunity of a lifetime is just sailing right by

have an electoral map
have poll results

allow people to fit them together, e.g. show the electoral map based on THESE polls and THIS demographic shaping

there is no site currently offering this service

all that noise over #unskewedpolls? imagine that happening on statpedia

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

JawnV6 posted:

i like how he's wasting time on kickstarter while the opportunity of a lifetime is just sailing right by

have an electoral map
have poll results

allow people to fit them together, e.g. show the electoral map based on THESE polls and THIS demographic shaping

there is no site currently offering this service

all that noise over #unskewedpolls? imagine that happening on statpedia

seriously, it's not hard to scrape political polling data from the web. combine that with the census, maybe some demographics from pew, then let people loose with an array of statistical tools.

kickstarter not even needed, he could have gotten funding from a superpac.

oh well.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
"an array of statistical tools" is such overkill, goddamn slider bars for R/D/I and the % voting for each would be enough

people just want to confirm their narrative, anyone seriously making a go at it won't need a flash app

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
im irl mad at Ian for squandering this opportunity

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
so now there's some european site called gambitious where people can both donate and actually invest in games

and 3D Realms is on board with a new game

loving lol http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-09-25-3d-realms-returns-with-post-apocalyptic-fps-earth-no-more-on-new-crowdfunding-site-gambitious

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Yodzilla posted:

so now there's some european site called gambitious where people can both donate and actually invest in games

and 3D Realms is on board with a new game

loving lol http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-09-25-3d-realms-returns-with-post-apocalyptic-fps-earth-no-more-on-new-crowdfunding-site-gambitious

george broussard needs more wow money i guess

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
i thought he blows his cash gambling

i kind of want to know how joe siegler is doing. i feel a bit bad for the guy

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Yodzilla posted:

i thought he blows his cash gambling

i'm not sure what he's doing now but for about six years during the DNF "development" he was literally playing wow for 14 hours a day including all day at work

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia anyone can edit posted:

The 3D Realms website notes that he is probably the only person in the industry to have misspelled his own name (as "Broussad") on a shareware title he created on his own, Pharaoh's Tomb (1990).[3]
cool

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
this'll be forever dnf to me not the poo poo that came out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDlB2P1leRM

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

JawnV6 posted:

im irl mad at Ian for squandering this opportunity

there's nothing he can do about it since he doesn't actually have any technical prowess

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything
dude... I have not been saying anything because unixbeard said he would give me 10k if I shut up. That liar.

Hey JawnV6 can I pm you to get further information about how to implement this thing.

How do I get money from these superpac people you speak of?

Does one of you just have a bunch of bit coins I can have?

Seems like someone in these chat rooms probably controls that entire bitcoin economy.

Which person is the printing press managing inflation of these bitcoins?

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano

Ian McLean posted:

unixbeard said he would give me 10k if I shut up

i love u unixbeard

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Ian McLean posted:

unixbeard said he would give me 10k if I shut up. That liar.

you are the tesla to unixbeard's edison, l m b o

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

Ian, so far you've raised a total of $1.01 in 8 days. What are your plans to find the remaining $19,998.99 in the 11 days to come? Maybe you can show us on statpedia.

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

Ian McLean posted:

Hey JawnV6 can I pm you to get further information about how to implement this thing.

lmao/lmbo

0xB16B00B5
Aug 24, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Ian McLean posted:

dude... I have not been saying anything because unixbeard said he would give me 10k if I shut up. That liar.

Seems like someone in these chat rooms probably controls that entire bitcoin economy.

ian i love you. dont change

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Ian McLean posted:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
its me i have the bit coins

0xB16B00B5
Aug 24, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
i feel kinda bad cause im writing these posts on a $3000 laptop and that money could help you get going more than this laptop is helping me, but meh, welcome to the republican party

CaptainMeatpants
Jun 1, 2010

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano

Ian McLean posted:

Sure, I'd love to hear from you

- Jawn V6

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

you should have been here for jawnv1 through jawnv5. this new guy just pales in comparison

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

0xB16B00B5 posted:

i feel kinda bad cause im writing these posts on a $3000 laptop and that money could help you get going more than this laptop is helping me, but meh, welcome to the republican party

lol that you think money would help ian

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Markov Chain Chomp posted:

lol that you think money would help ian

it'd help him get his cs degree from the esteemed university of california irvine which in turn might help him understand......something, i dunno

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Ian McLean posted:

lol

unixbeard
Dec 29, 2004

Ian McLean posted:

I have not been saying anything because unixbeard said he would give me 10k if I shut up. That liar.

ran into some trouble raising the funds on kickstarter, am sure u understand

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Ian if you get a bunch of money what I suggest you do is spend 30% of it on frozen pizzas and the other 70% on weed and don't stop using it until you're all out

I think you will come back with some valuable new insights on life and will read back over your posts and be like "who the gently caress is this thin-skinned directionless bonerlord? drat"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything
Kickstarter is free advertising if nothing else.

Resplendent Spiral posted:

Ian if you get a bunch of money what I suggest you do is spend 30% of it on frozen pizzas and the other 70% on weed and don't stop using it until you're all out

I think you will come back with some valuable new insights on life and will read back over your posts and be like "who the gently caress is this thin-skinned directionless bonerlord? drat"

I'm not using any of these funds on myself.

• Locked thread