Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
The smart money's on fedorafreak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

The smart money's on fedorafreak.

Yeah, this is pretty much the only logical conclusion.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

YggiDee posted:

Official word is that the handsigns have no real-world meaning.

Troll Sign Language doesn't need to be derived from American Sign Language, or British Sign Language, or any other incompatible sign language that exists on Earth.

Especially when it's just for three or four looping GIF anims that are used to say a number of different things in the game.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Really, why would the hand signs mean anything if the lip movements don't correspond to what they're saying either?

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
I'm hoping for Ms. Paint.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
I'm going to go with Aradia. No way she's just twiddling her thumbsopposing digits doing nothing with Sollux at the green sun.

Treestucks's reaction to pap-shoosh was disappointing. It is still one of the funniest moments in Homestuck and she just found it 'weird'.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Lord of Laughton posted:

I'm going to go with Aradia. No way she's just twiddling her thumbsopposing digits doing nothing with Sollux at the green sun.

Treestucks's reaction to pap-shoosh was disappointing. It is still one of the funniest moments in Homestuck and she just found it 'weird'.

I like how she's stopped right before Jade gets blown up by CD. That's going to be a fun way to kick off Cascade.

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Cat Mattress posted:

Troll Sign Language doesn't need to be derived from American Sign Language, or British Sign Language, or any other incompatible sign language that exists on Earth.

Especially when it's just for three or four looping GIF anims that are used to say a number of different things in the game.

This is true, but I was hoping it would be a little easter egg or something. I spent a lot of time pausing (pawsing?!) Meulin's frames to see what she was signing, and came up with D, R A, H, Y, L, and something that looked like the shocker.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Lord of Laughton posted:

We all want this to be true, but there's no way that it's not going to be Hussie.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Cabbit posted:

I like how she's stopped right before Jade gets blown up by CD. That's going to be a fun way to kick off Cascade.

That was pretty much the best place for her to stop though, since page 6000 was where WE were left hanging for two months. Jade's death is kinda SUPPOSED to be taken directly in stride with Cascade. She kinda predicted Jade was going to die though, so it may not hit her as hard as it might have otherwise.

As for who we're jumping to next....I actually kinda hope it's Rose and/or Dave. It feels like so long ago that we saw their part in the first of these flashes and I really want to hear more about what they've been up to.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Maybe we'll see the Mayor?

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
It's plainly Winnie the poop, come on guys

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library
Nah it's just going to be John again. We're not going to see what he's dreaming about. We're just going to spend the next 30 pages watching him drool while Jade leaves in disgust.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Gabriel Pope posted:

We all want this to be true, but there's no way that it's not going to be Hussie.

I AM pretty interested in seeing how he's doing after escaping from above with AmporaDad.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Probably post scratch dad or fedora freak.

Anyway, I think that Meulin is probably both being manipulated by Kurloz and not. Think about it, she's a player of heart. Aren't those guys all about fragmenting yourself and what not? It could be that the Meulin we saw talk to Kurliz was a different fragment of her, or personality or something. And that they were speaking telepathicaly. Either that they were trying to keep it quiet, or maybe Meulin doesn't know about that part of herself?
Honestly I don't know, heart confused me.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Only the Prince of Heart would fragment, what with Prince being a destroyer class.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Maybe she just hadn't received the direction that Dirk had, and like Nepeta she thinks of shipping and such. At the very least, singing songs from Fiddler on the Roof.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

All we can know for sure, I think, is that with such a huge lead-in going "OH HEY WE BETTER CHECK IN WIIIIIITH...", whoever we cut to next will be someone unexpected and vaguely disappointing.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Dolash posted:

All we can know for sure, I think, is that with such a huge lead-in going "OH HEY WE BETTER CHECK IN WIIIIIITH...", whoever we cut to next will be someone unexpected and vaguely disappointing.

Alpha kids it is then. :v:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Clearly, we're going to see John's dream. It will be a silhouette of Vriska, but before getting a clear look he'll wake up. His first thoughts are "Who's that douche bag"

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Alpha kids it is then. :v:

Roxy is an alpha kid. Your move. :colbert:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

No, no! we're going to cut back to Alpha Jack, hijacking a bus full of schoolchildren as an offering to the elves to let him inside their hut.

poor and weird
Jun 30, 2007
Come on, Jack Jack Jack Jack Jack Jack Jack. I want more Prospitbreak.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Finally managed to get through the flash (my computer is dying a slow death and the graphics keep loving out, making text illegible sometimes) and I'm loving the new characters.

Meulin is adorable and terrifying at the same time, what with Kurloz' apparent mind control.
And I feel really bad for Terezi. She's just not having a good day at all :smith:

The break is finally going to usher in the age of Dadstuck, calling it now!

Also, Jesus Christ Cronus...

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Cabbit posted:

Roxy is an alpha kid. Your move. :colbert:

So is Jane, the worst kid. Can't even obey her friend Roxy's instructions. :colbert:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Radio Paranoia posted:

Also, Jesus Christ Cronus...

Even Jesus Christ would punch Cronus in the face. Probably.

There have been a some creepy moments so far in this webcomic, but that conversation between Cronus and Mituna really made me feel ill.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

While the Cronus-Mituna interaction was nauseating I was incredibly impressed with how effectively Hussie used the dialogue between them to bring in the viewer emotionally while simultaneously repelling and disgusting them.

The way he grossed us out was so simple yet so effective.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Man, rereading the story with Treestuck, it is extra tragic that Meulin lost her hearing:

quote:

But his most devoted of all was his Disciple. She listened to every vision he retold, every lesson he preached, and faithfully recorded his scripture. Her ear was open to him always, and in time, his heart opened to her.

Especially since Arania notes Meulin has been unlucky in the love department.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

TheDemon posted:

One thing I picked up on after a replay is Kurloz referred to whatever he and Gamzee are up to with the codpiece as a "RUSE". Which, in addition to being a loaded word associated with Caliborn specifically, could possibly imply that Gamzee might not actually be god tier? But to what purpose?

the cod ruse will be a........... distaction

Lord of Laughton posted:

We already saw her in the first flash right? It'll be either Vriska and Tavros, John, or John waking up in front of Vriska and Tavros.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

TheDemon posted:

One thing I picked up on after a replay is Kurloz referred to whatever he and Gamzee are up to with the codpiece as a "RUSE". Which, in addition to being a loaded word associated with Caliborn specifically, could possibly imply that Gamzee might not actually be god tier? But to what purpose?
The potentiality that comes to my mind is that the meteor intersects with the alpha troll's dreambubble. Gamzee, still hiding on the meteor, hops off wearing his fake-rear end fake godtier outfit, and is recruited to the cause of fighting Lord English because he's obviously a badass godtier guy. He likely uses this opportunity to stab everyone in the back, but maybe he does something else, because he's a Bard and is unpredictable.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Pessimism posted:

Nah it's just going to be John again. We're not going to see what he's dreaming about. We're just going to spend the next 30 pages watching him drool while Jade leaves in disgust.

We'll spend a week slowly zooming in a puddle of drool, then on a planet reflected in the drool, until the reflection reaches all the way to... Viceroy Casey Bubbles Von Salamancer! Along with the Secret Wizard, they are the actual Heroes of Destiny who will vanquish the Denizens, Jack Noir, the Condesce, and Lord English.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Reene posted:

While the Cronus-Mituna interaction was nauseating I was incredibly impressed with how effectively Hussie used the dialogue between them to bring in the viewer emotionally while simultaneously repelling and disgusting them.

The way he grossed us out was so simple yet so effective.
Plus, it was a really smart way to humanize Mituna's disability (because well yeah, obviously /b/tardation is not real and Mituna's symptoms were scattered enough to not directly point towards any IRL disorder, Hussie is probably uncomfortable making an incredibly marginal character nothing more than a retard joke, especially considering how TRIGGERABLE half of his fanbase is.)

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
brb, getting THE HUNGER TRUNK stamped on my fridge.

On a note which I'm completely sure has nothing whatever to do with the latest update, I wonder what Ryan North is up to these days?

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Renaissance Robot posted:

brb, getting THE HUNGER TRUNK stamped on my fridge.

On a note which I'm completely sure has nothing whatever to do with the latest update, I wonder what Ryan North is up to these days?

Last I heard, he bought a painting of Hussie.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Oh, hi, Jack, still running?

So is that the dream bubble that everything is happening on? I feel like it probably isn't.

It could be the dream bubble that got blown up (remember, weird time poo poo runs rampant in the furthest ring), but it's probably not that either. Especially since it means they were looping back where they were earlier...except now later but in an earlier point in time? Gah gently caress my brain

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Sep 26, 2012

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

You folks reckon Jack's going to murder up some ghost kids? :v:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Just wanted to say that Prince of Rage sounds like a loving terrifying player class.

I love Gamzee and all trolls related to Gamzee :allears:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Line Feed posted:

You folks reckon Jack's going to murder up some ghost kids? :v:

some ghost fantrolls more like

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

pandaK posted:

some ghost fantrolls more like

Too soon; the payments aren't confirmed until the end of the Kickstarter.

Could be Vriskatime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
"Geez lady calm down what is even your deal I swear"

Jack's gotten kind of cute with all the recent developments and I hope the plot isn't going to reassert his status as a threat by having him stab someone I like.