Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

You're both fuckin' banned!
This one might be easy. French romance-drama thing that came out this year (released in the UK sometime over the summer at least). I don't remember exactly what it was about (I haven't seen it) but I think it was something to do with a teenage girl who has some sort of romance and then we see her again as a young woman and... presumably something else happens.

???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LoveisOver
Aug 8, 2011
Ok so i saw a chunk of this movie many years ago on TV in some hotel:

It's an American Movie (English language, takes place in the Southwest US I think)
I'm pretty sure the movie starts with a rich guy dead, handcuffed to his bed. Cops are investigating this crime scene, and they pull what i recall to be panties out of his mouth.

Cut to the killer - (She) is on the run with a bag/suitcase full of cash. She runs into/hitchhikes with a nice mom, and her son (about ten or twelve). They stay at a motel along the desert highway, and the son fantasizes about coming into the shower with the naked (killer) lady.

Now my memory gets really hazy:

The last part I saw was the mom somehow finding out about this crazy lady, and she had a showdown with her outside (killer had a gun - mom threw a rock at her head - son ran away)

That's all I got. Oh and I'm pretty sure the criminal lady was a blonde.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I'm sorry but I honestly can't remember if this is a TV show reference or a movie reference. There's some... medium out there where some guy(I believe an elderly black man but I could be wrong) says "I piss on yo faces," I think it's at the end of a long rant. I tried googling it, but, well, you can imagine what kind of results I got and I don't want to peruse that avenue any further.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I may have asked about this before, but I remember seeing this anime movie on a TV in a bar at one point. The animation was amazing, so I'm sure it was pretty recent.

The main character spent a large chunk of the movie I saw trudging through snow, and he had some kind of animal companion with him, probably a dog or a wolf. This was intercut with scenes from a city under siege, and I think a woman with a bow and arrow was defending the town.

The main character eventually reaches the city, though his dog/animal friend might have died along the way. He then has a crazy anime duel with the leader of the army that had successfully breached the city.

Any ideas?

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

morestuff posted:

Any ideas?

Sounds somewhat like Princess Mononoke http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119698/

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I don't know what it is, but that's definitely not Princess Mononoke.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

TTBF posted:

I don't know what it is, but that's definitely not Princess Mononoke.

Yeah, not Mononoke. I did figure it out, though. It's Sword of the Stranger.

Here, watch the climactic battle.

Blue Scream
Oct 24, 2006

oh my word, the internet!
A long time ago I saw this truly terrible movie in which a "family" of aliens came to Earth and took on human shapes to blend in. Like 3rd Rock From the Sun, only bad. For some reason the aliens disguise themselves as a family straight out of the 1950s, even though they arrive sometime during the 90s (I think that's when the film was made?). Wacky hijinks ensue, including the "daughter" alien getting knocked up by a human boy before running off with a lesbian biker. I am having a hard time convincing a friend that this film exists--any help?

Topper Harley
Jul 6, 2005
You have the whitest white part of the eyes I've ever seen. Do you floss?

Blue Scream posted:

A long time ago I saw this truly terrible movie in which a "family" of aliens came to Earth and took on human shapes to blend in. Like 3rd Rock From the Sun, only bad. For some reason the aliens disguise themselves as a family straight out of the 1950s, even though they arrive sometime during the 90s (I think that's when the film was made?). Wacky hijinks ensue, including the "daughter" alien getting knocked up by a human boy before running off with a lesbian biker. I am having a hard time convincing a friend that this film exists--any help?

Replace "aliens" with "giant rain forest bugs" and you've got Meet The Applegates.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100129/

Blue Scream
Oct 24, 2006

oh my word, the internet!

Topper Harley posted:

Replace "aliens" with "giant rain forest bugs" and you've got Meet The Applegates.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100129/

Wow. Yep, that's it all right. Thanks!

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Asking for a friend, here is what he remembers:

Back in the long-long ago, my sister and I were flipping through channels and came across this horror movie about... I think the woman died, and in exchange for her returning to life, seven other people SHE KNOWS would die and come back from the dead to try to kill her. The scene we remember most is the woman walking through a deserted parking garage to her car. We see one of her young coworkers skateboarding around the parking garage, and we realize that he's an undead. He was killed earlier in the day in an accident and has returned to try and kill her.

That's the gist of what we remember. Does any of that ring a bell? I think near the end her boyfriend, or maybe her ex-husband/boyfriend dies; he's the last soul and she's safe after she fights him off. But I dunno. Movie is probably from the 80s.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
A movie set during the 1920s. I think it's about the cop in the scene I saw, though I'm not sure since I only saw the one scene. Some guy had a person hostage in a farmhouse, with a bunch of cops outside trying to negotiate. They seemed to be familiar with the man inside, addressing him by name. The head cop there, maybe he's a G-man (I seem to recall him wearing a white suit rather than a uniform), gets tired of it, and decides to go in. He puts on a bulletproof vest, which is quite stiff, then puts the jacket back on. He then puts on a pair of leather gloves, then has someone hand him a pair of pistols, which I think is because the vest is too stiff for him to draw his guns on his own. He then goes into the house, and I believe the camera stays outside. We may or may not hear some gunshots, then the guy comes back out with the hostage. I think the movie was probably made in the late-70s or early-80s. I'm not sure, but it might have been based on a real person and real events and all that.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Detective Thompson posted:

A movie set during the 1920s. I think it's about the cop in the scene I saw, though I'm not sure since I only saw the one scene. Some guy had a person hostage in a farmhouse, with a bunch of cops outside trying to negotiate. They seemed to be familiar with the man inside, addressing him by name. The head cop there, maybe he's a G-man (I seem to recall him wearing a white suit rather than a uniform), gets tired of it, and decides to go in. He puts on a bulletproof vest, which is quite stiff, then puts the jacket back on. He then puts on a pair of leather gloves, then has someone hand him a pair of pistols, which I think is because the vest is too stiff for him to draw his guns on his own. He then goes into the house, and I believe the camera stays outside. We may or may not hear some gunshots, then the guy comes back out with the hostage. I think the movie was probably made in the late-70s or early-80s. I'm not sure, but it might have been based on a real person and real events and all that.

That sounds like the opening of John Milius' Dillinger.

Got a question of my own. Here's a youtube clip of the the premiere of Carpenter's The Thing in Austrian television.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uro6uVnJrk4

Can someone identify which movies the 5 different scenes right at the start are from? I recognize Scanners and American Werewolf in London, but I have no idea about the others.

Hannibal Rex fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Sep 28, 2012

Internet Gentleman
Mar 17, 2006

I'm so happy to be here.
The flying monster is from the awesome Q - The Winged Serpent.

The monster in the bubble bath is from the awful Saturday the 14th.

Biazt
Jul 1, 2006
I vaguely remember parts of a movie I saw as a kid sometime in the 90s. I think it aired on showtime or something like that. All i can really remember is there were a bunch of dudes dressed in white bodysuits that were playing as sperm inside a man's testicles. They'd talk amongst themselves and root for the main character to have unprotected sex with the girl he's chasing. I can't remember much else though.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Biazt posted:

I vaguely remember parts of a movie I saw as a kid sometime in the 90s. I think it aired on showtime or something like that. All i can really remember is there were a bunch of dudes dressed in white bodysuits that were playing as sperm inside a man's testicles. They'd talk amongst themselves and root for the main character to have unprotected sex with the girl he's chasing. I can't remember much else though.

Sounds like Woody Allen's "Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex* But Were Afraid to Ask" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068555/

Biazt
Jul 1, 2006

Daveski posted:

Sounds like Woody Allen's "Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex* But Were Afraid to Ask" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068555/

That's it! Thanks!

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Hannibal Rex posted:

Can someone identify which movies the 5 different scenes right at the start are from? I recognize Scanners and American Werewolf in London, but I have no idea about the others.

The pirate movie is The Black Swan (1942).

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

There's some movie about two kids that run away from home, or maybe less that they were running away from home that they were running away to see something special somewhere. Anyway, it was two boys, I think they were friends rather than brothers, and I remember one scene where some older guy was hassling them about something. I don't know if he was a perv or just wanted to rob them or what, but he wouldn't back off, so one kid cuts his hand with a jackknife and tells the guy he has AIDs, and threatens to give it to him if he didn't leave them alone. I think that kid actually was sick and dying, though I don't know if it was AIDs or maybe cancer and they were bluffing the guy. I think it was probably made somewhere between the mid-80s and the early-90s. I also associate the end of the movie taking place near a river, though I may be confusing it with another movie about runaways.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
This sounds like Into the West. It's about two Roma boys in Ireland who run away to the Connemara to find and follow a magic horse they met briefly. This after an ominous old man fills them in on its legend and how it must find the sea to survive. This parallels some bits about a schism between some of their family who are still travelers and some who have settled down.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Detective Thompson posted:

There's some movie about two kids that run away from home, or maybe less that they were running away from home that they were running away to see something special somewhere. Anyway, it was two boys, I think they were friends rather than brothers, and I remember one scene where some older guy was hassling them about something. I don't know if he was a perv or just wanted to rob them or what, but he wouldn't back off, so one kid cuts his hand with a jackknife and tells the guy he has AIDs, and threatens to give it to him if he didn't leave them alone. I think that kid actually was sick and dying, though I don't know if it was AIDs or maybe cancer and they were bluffing the guy. I think it was probably made somewhere between the mid-80s and the early-90s. I also associate the end of the movie taking place near a river, though I may be confusing it with another movie about runaways.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cure_(1995_film)

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Thanks!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

This one's a trailer, I remember seeing it in a theater somewhere around the early-mid 2000s. A camera slowly moves from a snowy city into a decrepit antique store or something along those lines, eventually coming to a peep show booth in the back. I think a coin goes into the slot, the camera moves to a view inside the booth, and something jumps out and screams.

For some reason I thought this was Night Watch, but I started watching it a while ago and it seems more goofy than scary.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

This one came out really recently, I saw it on HBO or something a few months ago. It starts with a couple in a small-town diner right before they shoot up the diner (it's not Pulp Fiction) and after they run out the entrance the camera pauses, and it skips forward to the guy, six years in the future, being transported from prison to prison in the back of a van. The girl hits the van with a semi and breaks him out, and they have to go back to an old abandoned town to get money they stole in a bank robbery from a mausoleum.

Also if anyone can help me out with this, I posted it in the thread like two years ago and I'm still wondering about it. It wasn't even good!

Additionally, it ends up they both got killed right after leaving the diner and perpetually going to find the money in the mausoleum and seeing his girlfriend die and then dying to the murderer who was his sister or something over and over again is his version of hell. After he dies, he wakes back up on the truck, about to be rescued by his girlfriend again

Power of Pecota fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Oct 11, 2012

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln

Power of Pecota posted:

Also if anyone can help me out with this, I posted it in the thread like two years ago and I'm still wondering about it. It wasn't even good!

Additionally, it ends up they both got killed right after leaving the diner and perpetually going to find the money in the mausoleum and seeing his girlfriend die and then dying to the murderer who was his sister or something over and over again is his version of hell. After he dies, he wakes back up on the truck, about to be rescued by his girlfriend again

This one is Hide.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I even remembered it was some vague one-word title, I think I mentioned it one of the times I reposted that one.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Biazt posted:

It was Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Sex. It's a hilarious scene, possibly the funniest in the film. The sperm are like paratroopers in a WWII film about to jump out of the plane. Woody Allen is one of the sperm and he speculates on stuff like "what if he's just masturbating, and I wind up on the ceiling?"

If I recall the scene is part of a whole set piece in the movie where Burt Reynolds is in charge of Mission Control/Command HQ, controlling everything from the brain of the guy who goes from trying to get laid during a date (with running commentary from the sperm and everyone else inside on every development, positive and negative) to completing the act leading up to that final scene.

skirth
Oct 29, 2010
I'm looking for a movie I saw ages ago about a computer or AI that becomes sentient. I think it's set during the cold war and made in the 60s or 70s. There is a scientist who built the computer (I think?) and the computer watches him with video cameras. At one point the scientist uses the cameras as a pretense to sleep with his lab assistant.

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax

skirth posted:

I'm looking for a movie I saw ages ago about a computer or AI that becomes sentient. I think it's set during the cold war and made in the 60s or 70s. There is a scientist who built the computer (I think?) and the computer watches him with video cameras. At one point the scientist uses the cameras as a pretense to sleep with his lab assistant.

That should be Colossus: The Forbin Project.

falconry
Oct 9, 2012
Looking for a horror anthology film a-la Creepshow with the following 2 stories:

- A man, his elderly father and son are staying in a secluded cabin, and I believe are snowed in due to a raging blizzard. The grandfather begins telling a story about a creature that is summoned once you utter its name. The kid pesters the grandfather for the name and eventually succeeds, screaming the name and prancing about, thinking the story bullshit when a giant hand comes in from the roof and grabs the grandfather, presumably eating him. For some reason, I see the grandfather as Leslie Nielson, but that may be because I'm associating it with Creepshow.

- The second also has to do with a raging blizzard, but takes place outdoors, on a rickety wooden foot bridge. My memory's a lot hazier with this one, but what I do remember is that two or more men were hiking along in this blizzard and encounter what I'm pretty sure was a wendigo. They start across this rope and wood bridge in extremely low visibilty due to the storm, and the guy in the back disappears while the other isn't looking. There may or may not have been bloody footprints involved.

I think it was from either the 80's or 90's, I watched it when I was a kid around the late 90's-early 00's. I've done periodical searches every year or so and come up with nothing, and kind of convinced myself I dreamt up some weird stories about snow because I live in Alaska. It's also entirely possible these were two different movies, or that they were from a book and I played them in my head like a movie. I haven't read much of the thread or tried using the SA search function yet, so apologies and thanks in advance.

Topper Harley
Jul 6, 2005
You have the whitest white part of the eyes I've ever seen. Do you floss?

TheChaosDunk posted:

Looking for a horror anthology film a-la Creepshow with the following 2 stories:

- A man, his elderly father and son are staying in a secluded cabin, and I believe are snowed in due to a raging blizzard. The grandfather begins telling a story about a creature that is summoned once you utter its name. The kid pesters the grandfather for the name and eventually succeeds, screaming the name and prancing about, thinking the story bullshit when a giant hand comes in from the roof and grabs the grandfather, presumably eating him. For some reason, I see the grandfather as Leslie Nielson, but that may be because I'm associating it with Creepshow.

- The second also has to do with a raging blizzard, but takes place outdoors, on a rickety wooden foot bridge. My memory's a lot hazier with this one, but what I do remember is that two or more men were hiking along in this blizzard and encounter what I'm pretty sure was a wendigo. They start across this rope and wood bridge in extremely low visibilty due to the storm, and the guy in the back disappears while the other isn't looking. There may or may not have been bloody footprints involved.

I think it was from either the 80's or 90's, I watched it when I was a kid around the late 90's-early 00's. I've done periodical searches every year or so and come up with nothing, and kind of convinced myself I dreamt up some weird stories about snow because I live in Alaska. It's also entirely possible these were two different movies, or that they were from a book and I played them in my head like a movie. I haven't read much of the thread or tried using the SA search function yet, so apologies and thanks in advance.

The first one is The Grither episode of Tales from the Darkside (the tv show, not the movie). Edit: It's called Seasons of Belief and the entire episode is on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjUth9LZMRs

skirth
Oct 29, 2010

Yes! Such a great movie, cheers.

falconry
Oct 9, 2012

:aaaaa: I never expected to get an answer at all, much less so quickly and with the actual clip! Thank you, you rock and I'm giving you my first-born son. (Not entirely sure why I thought the two stories were related, but I'm more than satisfied with this answer!)

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Doesn't this movie also involve the computer killing people using the automatic doors in elevators and such? I so need to see this, supposedly a classic.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I have two requests, based of two single scenes;

The first movie is about some white, grungy, trashy guy with a young daugther, around 7. At one point, he's talking to her outside his trailer and some dudes come over and beat the poo poo out of him in front of her. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

The second is is about some soldier or mercenary captuer by a Taliban(?) force and at one point he's in a cave and they force feed him oil on a CD case, or something like that. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...

VaultAggie posted:

The first movie is about some white, grungy, trashy guy with a young daugther, around 7. At one point, he's talking to her outside his trailer and some dudes come over and beat the poo poo out of him in front of her. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

The second is is about some soldier or mercenary captuer by a Taliban(?) force and at one point he's in a cave and they force feed him oil on a CD case, or something like that. Sorry I can't be more specific.

That second one is Three Kings, I believe.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Professor Clumsy posted:

That second one is Three Kings, I believe.
After reading a summary for it, that sounds like the right one. Thanks a ton!

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

VaultAggie posted:

The first could be Paper Moon.

Edit: missed the part about the trailer. Probably not, then.

Internet Gentleman
Mar 17, 2006

I'm so happy to be here.

VaultAggie posted:

There is a scene in 8 Mile like that, but it's his sister not his daughter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Internet Gentleman posted:

There is a scene in 8 Mile like that, but it's his sister not his daughter.

To help confuse matters, I believe that the character of his sister is played by his actual daughter.