Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Gabriel Pope posted:

Dirk's weird splinter self tried to leave and just bounced off the border of the bubble. I assume that regular dreamers and ghosts would be bound by the same rule (people who are physically present in the Furthest Ring can move in and out freely, of course.)

I thought that was because he was none of those things, just a figment created by the bubble as part of Jake's memory. The only reason he had any autonomy was because of Dirk's class abilities, but that didn't make him real enough to leave the bubble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Hyedum posted:

Not sure, but I remember Aradia was particularly surprised when half-dead Sollux was able to leave the bubble. Does leaving the bubble mean that you can come back to life or something? Oh god, this is going to be like a new Death's door isn't it?

Sollux could leave the bubble because he was only half-dead due to being both very good and very bad at dying. Meenah doesn't have that advantage (doubly so because her Doom player has some issues), so she's probably working out the details in between hocking everyone's poo poo.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Gabriel Pope posted:

Dirk's weird splinter self tried to leave and just bounced off the border of the bubble. I assume that regular dreamers and ghosts would be bound by the same rule (people who are physically present in the Furthest Ring can move in and out freely, of course.)

Dirk bounced off the border, but he tossed Roxy's dreamself through with no trouble.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

fatherdog posted:

Dirk bounced off the border, but he tossed Roxy's dreamself through with no trouble.

But that's because she'd physically floated into that bubble earlier.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
A trip to the museum. The museum of carnage.

Suggested donation: $4. Please do not touch the exhibits.

of bees
Dec 28, 2009
No wait guys I got it.

The dream bubble Jack just went into will contain the $10k fantrolls. He's going to stab them and leave.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Jack looks almost confused by this. Thoughtful.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
Jack's lack of any discernable expression works really well here. I feel like he's going through a mass of dead bodies like most of us go through an old diary.

Will Jack and PM be able to find the meteor again? Were they still pursuing it? This might be the last we see of them for a while.

snucks fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Sep 27, 2012

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Zorak posted:

Look at that head. I removed that head two years ago. I bet he got over it after, like, a week. Why can't she?

Then again, Jack's blank eyes are making it really hard to pick out an emotion here.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Color Printer posted:

Look at that head. I removed that head two years ago. I bet he got over it after, like, a week. Why can't she?

Then again, Jack's blank eyes are making it really hard to pick out an emotion here.

He's been chased for two straight years by someone with just as much power as him and enough determination to be uninterested in the universe breaking apart. And all this after being pretty much oblivious to the possibility that anything could ever hurt him post-prototyping. He's a little concerned.

I really have no idea what the story plans to do with Jack at this point, but if he winds up dead in the same place he killed John's and Rose's parents I'd be cool with it.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
I choose to believe that Jack is experiencing a murder-retrospect version of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaJRtRZIT5o&hd=1

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Hey, what's the song title for the one used in the kickstarter video? I can't get it out of my head.

ArfJason fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Sep 27, 2012

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

ArfJason posted:

Hey, what's the song title for the song used in the kickstarter video? I can't get it out of my head.

Dance of Thorns off the Strife album.

I really hope this ends with PM cutting Noir's frickin' head off.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

VJeff posted:

That would be incredibly anti-climatic, in an unfunny sort of way.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

jonjonaug posted:

That would be incredibly anti-climatic, in an unfunny sort of way.

But what if she then put his head on a bookcase? You've got to think like Jack, here.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
This whole series of updates just has this intense dramatic feel, like something really big is going to happen soon. I think a6i3 is becoming my favorite part of homestuck.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

VJeff posted:

If by "this" you mean "this entire story arc, at the end of the comic", I wouldn't mind it.

If you mean it by "this sequence, right now", nah.

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
We really haven't seen too much Jack lately, have we. I remember when back when he was the main antagonist. :unsmith:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Just found this (sadly via reddit). Kinda humorous take on Mituna.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cht80JzvC_g

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Oh, hey, the kickstarter reached $1,750,000, so I guess we will get a art book? I wonder if that is only with the physical version of the game?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Crain posted:

Just found this (sadly via reddit). Kinda humorous take on Mituna.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cht80JzvC_g

Here's 4chan /co/'s take on it. :v:

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Hey speaking of rereading old threads before things happened in the story, does anyone have a bunch of images of what goons tried to make out of Jade's shadow before she actually appeared in the story? I saw one image which made me just loving laugh my rear end off it was so comically absurd, but I wasn't reading MSPA back then and missed all the others :saddowns:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Zorak posted:

"I don't remember putting that there."

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

VJeff posted:

If we're in Jack's dream, then it will probably end with him facing Jade's corpse on her quest bed.

I REALLY wouldn't want to be him when PM catches up to him if that happens.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Given how Jack's facing the untorn Slyph of Space banner now, I wonder if he's going to dwell on that at all, or just move on through the castle.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Bell_ posted:

If we're in Jack's dream, then it will probably end with him facing Jade's corpse on her quest bed.

I REALLY wouldn't want to be him when PM catches up to him if that happens.

How could this be Jack's dream? He hasn't slept in two years, since before the session began. (Nor is it in crayon vision like the only other time we've seen a carapace dream.)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm tempted to go back and replay this flash to explore along with Jack.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

VJeff posted:

Best part of that album, too!

I'm almost kind of sad it was used in this way rather than in the comic itself, but if anything was gonna get used from Strife!, Time on my Side is my second-favorite track and I'm happy that made it in. (aside from heir conditioning as a sort-of-secret-song)

/music-chat

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

VJeff posted:

Here's 4chan /co/'s take on it. :v:

holy gently caress, they went that long without making the reference?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
I'm rereading homestuck and just got to the flash that was in.

He even got the bloody footprints right. :stare:

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Waffnuffly posted:

Hey speaking of rereading old threads before things happened in the story, does anyone have a bunch of images of what goons tried to make out of Jade's shadow before she actually appeared in the story? I saw one image which made me just loving laugh my rear end off it was so comically absurd, but I wasn't reading MSPA back then and missed all the others :saddowns:

I remember it was like a giant foot with a banana balanced on top of it? I remember that from before I even made an account here, I would love to see that image again.

I would not be surprised if Jack gets to the top of the castle, where John is dreaming, and PM kills him and takes his ring. It'd make sense for a lot of reasons--it'd be weird if Jack just got offed by PM and the main characters are not aware of it, it would probably contribute to John's anger if he can't get any revenge, and it also gives the battleship gang a bit of intelligence the meteor guys won't particularly have, which will make their big inevitable catching-up-talk less one sided if we have to see it for whatever reason.

It could just as easily not happen, of course, but those are some reasons why it'll make sense if Jack does indeed die.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Midnight Raider posted:

Given how Jack's facing the untorn Slyph of Space banner now, I wonder if he's going to dwell on that at all, or just move on through the castle.

That banner is referring to Jade, who is the witch of space, but the symbol just refers to space.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR

Midnight Raider posted:

Kanaya is the Sylph of Space.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Zorak posted:

I choose to believe that Jack is experiencing a murder-retrospect version of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaJRtRZIT5o&hd=1

Zorak please use your "saying things that will happen in the comic" powers to make Vriska show up again faster, tia.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
That space banner looks awfully significant... Maybe jack and PM have stumbled upon the elusive Muse of Space that everyone's been searching for.

It would be cool if calliope somehow recruited the fighting dogs onto her side. Jack Noir vs Lord English would be the best final boss battle ever.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Rooreelooo posted:

That space banner looks awfully significant... Maybe jack and PM have stumbled upon the elusive Muse of Space that everyone's been searching for.

In Seer: Descend, Jack tore down the other three banners (bearing the symbols of Breath, Light, and Time, for John, Dave, and Rose respectively) but left the Space one alone because it was Jade's. It has nothing to do with Calliope, because this is John's memory, and John was there to see what Jack did to the banners in the castle, but he does not know anything about Calliope.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
I know all that, but calliope's gotta be in some dream bubble, right? Unless, as the muse of space, she can hide somewhere else. Hell, maybe she IS a dream bubble since she is related to space in the most passive way possible - what's more passive than actually being a part of space?

It would shed different light on the whole 'lord English nuking the bubbles with his laser breath hard enough to leave a scar on space itself' stuff, since he would be slowly killing her by chipping away at all the bubbles one by one.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Calliope is the horrorterrors.

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Rooreelooo posted:

I know all that, but calliope's gotta be in some dream bubble, right? Unless, as the muse of space, she can hide somewhere else. Hell, maybe she IS a dream bubble since she is related to space in the most passive way possible - what's more passive than actually being a part of space?

It would shed different light on the whole 'lord English nuking the bubbles with his laser breath hard enough to leave a scar on space itself' stuff, since he would be slowly killing her by chipping away at all the bubbles one by one.

Actually, I don't know how much of that theory I totally buy but Lord English attacking space itself because space is his sister's dominion makes a lot of sense.

I wonder if we'll ever see more young Caliborn and further "The Rise of Lord English" type stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Rooreelooo posted:

I don't think the swapcophagus (is that how it's called) would have been in the latest flash (so soon after Aranea said Calliope must be roaming in the dreambubbles!) if not to suggest that Calliope's in it.