Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

YF-23 posted:

I don't think the swapcophagus (is that how it's called) would have been in the latest flash (so soon after Aranea said Calliope must be roaming in the dreambubbles!) if not to suggest that Calliope's in it.

That was a juju chest, not a sarswapagus, wasn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

YF-23 posted:

I don't think the swapcophagus (is that how it's called) would have been in the latest flash (so soon after Aranea said Calliope must be roaming in the dreambubbles!) if not to suggest that Calliope's in it.

It's Sarswapagus, and I'm pretty sure what was in the flash wasn't it, but, as it says, a Juju Chest. Calliope is taking her Juju out of one in her segment just before she gets into the Sarswapagus.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Since we're probably only a few weeks off from coming back to the B2 kids, I'm going to repeat my prediction:

Caliborn is going to change his text to green, pretend to be Calliope, and trick the B2 kids into sending him something or doing something that seems nice but helps him and hurts them. Then he'll start slipping a little, they'll figure him out, but it will be too late.

It is also my belief that either John or Jade will help with this mistake, because Doc Scratch helped them live, and he wouldn't have done that without a reason.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Bongo Bill posted:

That was a juju chest, not a sarswapagus, wasn't it?

Fortis posted:

It's Sarswapagus, and I'm pretty sure what was in the flash wasn't it, but, as it says, a Juju Chest. Calliope is taking her Juju out of one in her segment just before she gets into the Sarswapagus.

Wow ok yeah I don't know why but coming out of that flash I thought it was a sarswapagus. My bad.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Couple more pages. Now this part can't be John's memory, though I'm not sure whose it could be (excluding Jack and PM themselves) - conceivably some of the trolls might have seen it as they were zooming away, I guess. Of course, just because carapaces don't necessarily get dreambubbles of their own doesn't mean they might not influence what shows up in them if they end up in there.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Is that the remnants of Bilious Slick I see there?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

tinaun posted:

Is that the remnants of Bilious Slick I see there?

Yes, as well as the final form of the trolls' Skaia after the Vast Croak was given.

The only ones who saw the remains of Bilious Slick were Jack and PM, so it's possible that one or both of them are projecting their memories onto the bubble.

Oh, right. I'm an idiot. Here's what happened.

The entry point to a dreambubble is (usually) a shared memory between someone currently in the bubble (which, initially, can only be the dreamer or ghost) and the person entering it. The destruction of Prospit and the walk through the castle were (the only) memories Jack and John share. Now that Jack is inside, his own memories can start manifesting in the bubble. (PM also shares the memory of the destruction of Prospit.)

But it's still John's bubble.

Bongo Bill fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Sep 27, 2012

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

But Bilious Slick wasn't in the kids' session. And at the time the sky was all dark and stormy due to Rose's decent.

This makes me think this may have been something to do with the troll session.

At the very least it's a bait and switch, with the sky being the switch.

e:f,b

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010

Falls Down Stairs posted:

Actually, I don't know how much of that theory I totally buy but Lord English attacking space itself because space is his sister's dominion makes a lot of sense.

I wonder if we'll ever see more young Caliborn and further "The Rise of Lord English" type stuff.

I think we need to see more Caliborn, just to clear up the nature of Lord English's power. Like to me, I don't really know why he was using his kernelsprite to suck up the whole universe, but I want to see how that makes him the time demon he is now.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

What's in the box chest, Jack?

(It's Hegemonic Brute's severed head)

EDIT: The updates are becoming pretty frequent. I didn't expect my notifier to go off at loving noon, for crying out loud. We're clearly working up to something big here.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Unusual time for an update, but there it is! There wasn't actually a box up there in [S] Seer: Descend, so who knows what's in there? (The next page will be a flash, playing a brief tune before we find out it's actually another version of Jack hiding in there for some reason.)

e: also all the wrecked furniture and assorted debris is missing. Memory's pared down to the parts that matter, I guess, i.e. all the corpses.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

Color Printer posted:

What's in the box chest, Jack?

(It's Hegemonic Brute's severed head)

Mark Twain once wrote that the world is a fine place, and worth fighting for.

Yep, Mark Twain wrote that. I'm 100% certain.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

It's gonna have all his trophies in there. He's going to have another trophy binge. PM and him are going to have a bonding moment over love of trophies.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Corpses aside, I really like the imagery with Jack's shadow at the bottom and all of the destruction caused by him above.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Watch the contents be a set of RONCO knives.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

The Mark Twain talk reminds me of a claymation short I saw somewhere, that features a good Doc Scratch analog...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmyPzzdw7fw

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
That's a clip from the film "The Adventures of Mark Twain". I recommend checking out the whole thing, it's pretty good. (Also, that "BANNED!!" thing in the title takes me back. It seems like it's been a while since I've seen someone decide that the vaguely sinister thing they're sharing is probably banned from TV.)

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Bell_ posted:

Watch the contents be a set of RONCO knives.

Showtime rotisserie oven.

EDIT: I mean...you set it and forget it. Gonna be some really tender carapician head in there.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
Jack's only friend will be in the chest.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Holy crap, you can even see the troll's victory platform with the house hive sliced in half in the very background underneath Skaia.

This is probably one of my favorite panels in the whole comic so far, right here.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
It's the_house_that_jack_built.gif, basically. There's even a boy all stabbed and torn that kissed the maiden all forlorn. No malt, though.

Hamiltonian Bicycle fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Sep 27, 2012

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Color Printer posted:

Holy crap, you can even see the troll's victory platform with the house hive sliced in half in the very background underneath Skaia.

This is probably one of my favorite panels in the whole comic so far, right here.

Can't be John's memories then. This is either Jack's dreambubble... or the reader's. :tinfoil:

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Don't the horrorterrors make the dream bubbles? It's been made pretty clear that the contents change depending on who is in them. I'm pretty sure these are Jack's memories.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Thundarr posted:

Can't be John's memories then. This is either Jack's dreambubble... or the reader's. :tinfoil:

Everyone in the dream bubble affects it. So this could be John's dribble that is getting added to by Jack.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Oddly the most.. unsettling thing about these updates for me is that they are all still frames. Makes it feel more ominous, somehow.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
God drat. So many wonderful colours. :catdrugs:

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

Indecisive posted:

Oddly the most.. unsettling thing about these updates for me is that they are all still frames. Makes it feel more ominous, somehow.
I get the feeling of dead silence, broken only by echoing footsteps.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I wonder-- does Jack have any clue what the gently caress is going on here? Would he have any conception of what the dream bubbles are and how they work, being that they're the result of the Horrorterrors meddling with things and not a game construct?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Thundarr posted:

Jack hasn't slept since before any of these incidents happened; he couldn't have dreamed up the bubble. And if he had, he'd have been dreaming inside of it, not entering it physically. Anybody who enters a bubble by remembering something inside of it can (and usually unconsciously does) project their memories onto it. Meanwhile, John fell asleep and started dreaming just a few days ago from our perspective, and the first scenes that Jack saw in the bubble were of things that John saw.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Maybe Jack just entered some Dreambubble no one was in and started projecting his memories into it.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
I'm sure someone remembers John being stabbed.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

I love Jack's face in that panel where he's holding the hammer, it's like he doesn't know what the gently caress to do with it. I'm thinking he's just going to stab John with the pointy tip.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
I am extremely concerned about where this development is going to lead. :ohdear:

Is John about to get killed again?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Ooooooohhhhhhh, poo poo just got real.

Also I love Jack's face, it's almost like "I don't remember this?"

EDIT:

ActionZero posted:

Is John about to get killed again?

He's asleep, the moment he gets stabbed he'll just wake up and vanish.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Jack, you are a dog. Your strife specibus doesn't even fit.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

nerdbot posted:

Maybe Jack just entered some Dreambubble no one was in and started projecting his memories into it.
Yeah, most likely. Well I think it was more or less turning into John's memory as he fell asleep, but Jack entering has projected all the extra stuff on top of it all.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Bell_ posted:

I'm sure someone remembers John being stabbed.

John remembers being stabbed. He also remembers waking up afterwards, whereas Jack does not remember that. It is, in fact, unknown whether Jack knows John is immortal.

At any rate, Jack's in serious trouble now. He could take John on his own, not least because stabbing him will just wake him up, but also PM is nearby and still angry, and his EMOTIONS level is high, rendering him particularly vulnerable.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

John and Jack gonna sit down and talk this out like adults.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The big thing is of course that Jack can't use his teleporting powers out in the furthest ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
I kind of want John to get that hammer back. Because then we'd get round 2 3.