Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Quarex posted:

It really is kind of sad. I remember the infamous J.R. quote "how many times can you repackage a guy like Davey Boy Smith?" and yet I am pretty sure if he had come out during the attitude era with his braided hair, over-the-top Union Jack gear, and bulldog, he would have been instantly over again, even if it might not have lasted. It probably still would have gotten him more over than the gimmick of "angry bizarre British man in jeans."

Fixed. Has Smith ever teamed with Goldust?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Grendels Dad posted:

Fixed. Has Smith ever teamed with Goldust?
Nope.
He teamed with Dustin at Fall Brawl 93, which hardly counts.

Profightdb is awesome.

Bearnt!
Feb 6, 2004

No onions, no onions
Speaking of Profightdb :allears: I was looking to see who has lost clean on TV the most out of Hogan, Undertaker and Cena after their first title wins in WWF/E. My memory is shot on a few of these and I don't want to pull out my tapes/DVDs so I was curious about a few and have listed the ones in question below. Full list here.

Hogan:

Undertaker at Judgement Day 2002 (clean?)
HHH at 6/4/2002 Smackdown (clean?)
The Rock at No Way Out 2003 (clean?)

Undertaker:

Mabel at KOTR 1995 (via pin but I can't remember how)
Vader at Royal Rumble 1997 (clean?)
Kane at 6/1/1998 RAW (not remembering this at all)
Steve Austin at RAW 6/28/1999 (clean?)
Kurt Angle at Survivor Series 2000 (clean?)
Rikishi at RAW 12/4/2000 (this can't be clean?)
Booker T at RAW 9/10/01 (this can't be clean?)
The Rock at No Way Out 2002 (clean?)
HHH at RAW 8/26/2002 (clean?)
John Cena at Smackdown 4/8/2003 (clean?)
John Cena at Smackdown 8/5/2003 (clean?)
Batista at Cyber Sunday 2007 (clean? probably not since next match was HIAC)
The Big Show at No Mercy 08 KO (clean?)
Chris Jericho 2/9/2010 Smackdown (clean?)

John Cena:

Kurt Angle at RAW 10/24/2005 (just says defeated but not how)
Umaga at RAW 7/17/2006 (clean?)
The Great Khali SNME 5/28/2007 (clean?)
Carlito RAW 7/30/2007 (clean?)
Orton RAW 5/12/2008 (clean?)
HHH Night of Champions 6/29/2008 (clean?)
HBK RAW 1/12/2009 (clean?)
Big Show Smackdown 2/17/2009 (clean?)
Big Show RAW 3/30/2009 (clean?)
Big Show RAW 6/22/2009 (clean?)
HHH RAW 10/19/2009 (clean?)
Edge RAW 9/10/2010 (clean?)
Wade Barrett HIAC 2010 (clean?)
Miz RAW 10/11/2010 (clean?)
CM Punk RAW 2/14/2011 (clean?)
CM Punk 6/13/2011 RAW (clean?)
R-Truth 6/27/2011 RAW (probably not clean)

It's Hogan by a long shot for least amount of clean losses, shocking! I might do this with Austin as well but this took way too long to put together.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
- I can't say for sure off the top of my head, but it is VERY unlikely Austin beat Taker clean on free TV in 1999. I watched all those episodes last year and pretty much every main event ended in tomfoolery.

- Was this the one where Kurt had Eric hiding under the ring and they did the switch?

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Was there ever a clean finish in 1999 in any match?

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

triplexpac posted:

- Was this the one where Kurt had Eric hiding under the ring and they did the switch?

I'm pretty sure that was on SmackDown, and it was Lesnar that ate the pin/was in the feud, not Taker.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Paulocaust posted:

I'm pretty sure that was on SmackDown, and it was Lesnar that ate the pin/was in the feud, not Taker.

We are both right :unsmith:

Eric Angle debuted in World Wrestling Federation (WWF) at the 2000 Survivor Series pay-per-view as a heel helping his brother then-heel, Kurt Angle retain the WWF Championship against The Undertaker by wearing the same wrestling tights and switching places.[2] He returned the next night on Raw only to be attacked by The Undertaker.

Eric Angle returned to WWE television on an episode of SmackDown! in 2003 to aid in a storyline between his brother and then-babyface, Brock Lesnar leading to a match at WrestleMania XIX between Lesnar and Kurt.[4] Eric switched places with Kurt to help him defeat Lesnar and retain his WWE Championship. He then appeared on an episode of SmackDown! the following week at his brother's side and was attacked by Lesnar. This was the last time Angle was seen in WWE as he was released from his developmental contract in 2003.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

triplexpac posted:

Yes, there was also a run in from Edge & Christian.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
I'll answer the few I know off hand, or think I know off hand but don't.

Bearnt! posted:

Undertaker:
Mabel at KOTR 1995 - ref bump, run-in
Batista at Cyber Sunday 2007 - Completely clean

John Cena:
The Great Khali SNME 5/28/2007 - weirdly enough, this one was clean
R-Truth 6/27/2011 RAW - Punk interfered. This was the night he cut his huge promo on the ramp.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Paulocaust posted:

Nope, SS 2000 was definently the Kurt/Eric Angle switch

EDIT: Beaten, and with detail.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

triplexpac posted:

We are both right :unsmith:

Eric Angle debuted in World Wrestling Federation (WWF) at the 2000 Survivor Series pay-per-view as a heel helping his brother then-heel, Kurt Angle retain the WWF Championship against The Undertaker by wearing the same wrestling tights and switching places.[2] He returned the next night on Raw only to be attacked by The Undertaker.

Eric Angle returned to WWE television on an episode of SmackDown! in 2003 to aid in a storyline between his brother and then-babyface, Brock Lesnar leading to a match at WrestleMania XIX between Lesnar and Kurt.[4] Eric switched places with Kurt to help him defeat Lesnar and retain his WWE Championship. He then appeared on an episode of SmackDown! the following week at his brother's side and was attacked by Lesnar. This was the last time Angle was seen in WWE as he was released from his developmental contract in 2003.

Weird, I don't even remember that first one, although I do remember Eric Angle in the WWE in the year 2000. Wasn't there some Christmas edition of Raw where Angle's entire family came down to the ring and celebrated am I going crazy?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Paulocaust posted:

Weird, I don't even remember that first one, although I do remember Eric Angle in the WWE in the year 2000. Wasn't there some Christmas edition of Raw where Angle's entire family came down to the ring and celebrated am I going crazy?

Yeah they did an Angle family celebration, and that seems like the sort of thing wacky 2000 era Kurt would do. They actually don't mention that on Wikipedia as one of Eric's WWF appearances though.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Bearnt! posted:

It's Hogan by a long shot for least amount of clean losses, shocking! I might do this with Austin as well but this took way too long to put together.

You gotta keep in mind though that wrestling TV was much different in Hogan's heyday. He wrestled on TV a lot less than Cena or the Undertaker. According to ProfightDB, Cena and Taker each have over 200 more matches than Hogan, and Hogan's been wrestling much longer (especially compared to Cena). Doesn't totally account for the difference, but it's worth keeping in mind.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Didn't Hogan lose clean to Lesnar at the Smackdown where Brock beat the poo poo out of him, then smeared Hogan's blood on his chest?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Hogan did a huge (for Hogan) amount of clean jobs when he returned to WWE. Rock, Angle, Lesnar.

Well, 3 at any rate.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The R-Truth loss was pretty clean, that's the one RIGHT before Punk's pipebomb. Punk distracted Cena, but Truth 100% legally put him through the table for the win (it was a table match).

Bearnt!
Feb 6, 2004

No onions, no onions
Thanks guys for all the help!

Diabolik900 posted:

You gotta keep in mind though that wrestling TV was much different in Hogan's heyday. He wrestled on TV a lot less than Cena or the Undertaker. According to ProfightDB, Cena and Taker each have over 200 more matches than Hogan, and Hogan's been wrestling much longer (especially compared to Cena). Doesn't totally account for the difference, but it's worth keeping in mind.

True but there's still something to be said for 1 clean loss in 8 years.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Didn't Hogan lose clean to Lesnar at the Smackdown where Brock beat the poo poo out of him, then smeared Hogan's blood on his chest?

Yep. I have that on the full list. Brock won via bear hug of all things when Hogan didn't Hulk up after 3 arm raises.

Were his losses to Undertaker and HHH clean?

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Pretttttty sure Undertaker hit Hogan with a chair in that Judgment Day match, but I haven't watched any of it outside of the sandbagged chokeslam in 10 years

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I am going to continue to promote Cagematch as a much more complete database than ProFightDB :colbert:

Yo Eleven
Aug 5, 2010

triplexpac posted:

- I can't say for sure off the top of my head, but it is VERY unlikely Austin beat Taker clean on free TV in 1999. I watched all those episodes last year and pretty much every main event ended in tomfoolery.

I thought it was unlikely too, but I have a copy of this RAW and Austin surprisingly wins clean, although it was typical 1999 WWF before the finish. Austin hits the stunner, Paul Bearer pulls the ref out at 2.9, match continues for another thirty seconds, Austin hits another stunner and wins. This was Austin winning the WWF Title, as well.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

When Bret Hart was on a recent Raw in Canada, I thought I heard some Ole' Chants. What was up with that?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

TV Zombie posted:

When Bret Hart was on a recent Raw in Canada, I thought I heard some Ole' Chants. What was up with that?

Montreal sports fans do this when they're excited.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

HulkaMatt posted:

I am going to continue to promote Cagematch as a much more complete database than ProFightDB :colbert:
I didn't see a quick way to filter matches with/against a specific opponent.

ColeM
Dec 23, 2007
New User Alert!

oldpainless posted:

Hogan did a huge (for Hogan) amount of clean jobs when he returned to WWE. Rock, Angle, Lesnar.

Well, 3 at any rate.

I'm still in awe that he tapped out to the ankle lock at king of the ring 2002. Just awestruck.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Bearnt! posted:

Hogan:

HHH at 6/4/2002 Smackdown (clean?)

I was at this show and Triple H beat him clean as a sheet to become #1 contender for Undertaker's title.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Oatgan posted:

I was at this show and Triple H beat him clean as a sheet to become #1 contender for Undertaker's title.

Correct. Hogan was an idiot who thought he won when HHH kicked out of the legdrop.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
The Barrett win over Cena was the one where McGillicutty and Husky attacked from the crowd, wasn't it?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

achillesforever6 posted:

That was a good movie actually

The remake or the original?

TL posted:

Joe Don Baker's best movie not named Mitchell.

Even his name says, "Is that a beer?"

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

triplexpac posted:

Austin beat Undertaker for the title in this match, this was clean. Austin had to overcome interference from Paul Bearer, but Undertaker jobbed clean to a Stunner.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Has Jim Ross ever talked about why he went from being an athlete to settling into wrestling refereeing/commentary?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Undertaker did a bafflingly clean job to Vladimir Kozlov on a random Smackdown, when HBK and a couple others were campaigning for Taker's Wrestlemania match that year.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Minidust posted:

Undertaker did a bafflingly clean job to Vladimir Kozlov on a random Smackdown, when HBK and a couple others were campaigning for Taker's Wrestlemania match that year.

It wasn't baffling. Heel Kozlov was a russian monster who won matches.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I didn't see a quick way to filter matches with/against a specific opponent.

Go to wrestler you want.

Type dude you want in "Worker".

That's it.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Sep 28, 2012

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

HulkaMatt posted:

Go to wrestler you want.

Thanks, I used profight DB to look of the number of Kofi vs Dolph matches during the Raw thread since I couldn't figure out an easy way to do it on cagematch.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I really think ProFightDB layout is 100x better but Cagematch also has a lot more entries for practically every wrestler. Mochi for instance, has only 117 on ProFightDB. 1,963 matches less.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Sep 28, 2012

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Wow, thanks for promoting Cagematch, now I can keep up on the career of the only guy from our awful indy fed who ever made it to the real indie circuits!

Hey, he lost to Sonny Siaki in a TNA dark match once! Sweet. Oh, and a comment in German!

(Translated) "Ordinary Brawler. Reminds me of the style and appearance to some of Steve Austin." Aw, he was going for Stan Hansen :smith:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

HulkaMatt posted:

Go to wrestler you want.

Type dude you want in "Worker".

That's it.
I had to hit a + button. :argh:

This is comprehensive. It even separates a guy's match data by individual gimmicks.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Golden Bee posted:

It wasn't baffling. Heel Kozlov was a russian monster who won matches.

Also, Undertaker did a clean job to Khali, so losing to the Flavor of the Month Monster was not unprecedented

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

TL posted:

Joe Don Baker's best movie not named Mitchell.

You forgot Final Justice there, fella

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Think you can take me? Well, go ahead on. It's your move.