Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I don't think John's getting stabbed immediately this time around. Consider the tantrum he just had.

Edit: Also, the kickstarter fund's topped the "Making of" art book tier for a while now. Gotta see a new stretch goal if we're gonna hit 2 million in time!

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Sep 28, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Man, John's having some dark dreams these days.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Jack had better be really quick on the draw because the instant John sees him playing with Vriska's hammer there's going to be a Windy Thing so cataclysmic that one of the horrorterrors will say "gesundheit"

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Bongo Bill posted:

John remembers being stabbed. He also remembers waking up afterwards, whereas Jack does not remember that. It is, in fact, unknown whether Jack knows John is immortal.

At any rate, Jack's in serious trouble now. He could take John on his own, not least because stabbing him will just wake him up, but also PM is nearby and still angry, and his EMOTIONS level is high, rendering him particularly vulnerable.

I remember when Jack was looking for John on the battlefield, he was already musing about having killed him once before(when he did so on the quest bed), having recognized him as the same kid. Later on, either in a Hussie post, one of the recaps, or in the narrative itself(I honestly forget the source, but I know it was said SOMEWHERE), it was said that the reason Jack destroyed the Troll's planets when he arrived was because he didn't want to repeat the mistake in letting any more kids go god tier. So I'm pretty sure he at least knows the gist all that by now, including the difficulty in permanently putting down John.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
Jack wasn't looking for John at first so much as the package/ring, if anything. Prospit's moon had just landed, and Jade's Dreamself perished. It wouldn't be until after Jade Enters the game that John would start a long streak of getting stabbed in the chest.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Jack definitely knows the gist of god tierdom, since he placed Jade on her quest bed and all.

sansuki
May 17, 2003

I can't remember, do the cherubs have music yet? Because if not, I think a remix of track 5 of this CD would be really fitting.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

sansuki posted:

I can't remember, do the cherubs have music yet? Because if not, I think a remix of track 5 of this CD would be really fitting.

The volume 10 album is supposed to be heavily cherub-inspired. In particular, it will include the full version of "Eternity's Shylock," the song from Caliborn: Enter.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Waffnuffly posted:

Hey speaking of rereading old threads before things happened in the story, does anyone have a bunch of images of what goons tried to make out of Jade's shadow before she actually appeared in the story? I saw one image which made me just loving laugh my rear end off it was so comically absurd, but I wasn't reading MSPA back then and missed all the others :saddowns:

Sorry I am only getting to this so late, but here you go:

buttfart

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Who wants to bet Bec Noir's about to engage in a little Egbert Whack-a-Mole with that hammer he just picked up? Actually didn't someone make a gif like that already?

Oh, also, just wanted to add that this link from a few days back from MrBims:

Is totally worth reading. I know it might seem like overthinking a webcomic and all that but when you read something like this it makes me think we're actually doing a disservice to Hussie's writing when we don't give it the attention it deserves. He's a good writer in a number of ways, some of which are more obvious than others (if you want to give something a funny name he's your guy), but amongst his talents is some really effective and consistent character writing. That he manages to juggle so many characters and arcs and plots and maintain the rapid update schedule he has is quite impressive.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I cant imagine Hussie will set this up just for Jack to stab him and send him back. This could be interesting.

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

KoB posted:

I cant imagine Hussie will set this up just for Jack to stab him and send him back. This could be interesting.

He's now got a pop-a-matic weapon and therefore has the potential to do hilariously little harm- check the original pop-a-matic in the non-canon Problem Sleuth story (where the Midnight Crew originate from).

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
So, it seems like in this scene John is the surprise zombie that murders the oblivious extraneous character in the horror movie.

No John you are the monsters.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Actually it'd be kind of nice if Jack just takes off, John is there yelling, and PM just kinda chills him out. Maybe a callback to shoosh pap

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

So are people reading that John eye as "just waking up" or "knew Jack was here and was pretending to be dead". I keep going back and forth.

Apropos to nothing, I was reading one of the political threads, and some commentator used grist as an actual word, and I laughed like the big stupid manchild I am. Because while it is an actual word, Homestuck.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I don't think god tiers really control their respawns, so I'm going with "just waking up."

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Well, he's not really coming back to life, is he? That white flash isn't him god-tier resurrecting (that was all rainbow-y), it's him changing from his dreambubble appearance to his present appearance.

I can read it both ways:
- John was present in the dreambubble but had to realize the scenario was different before he realized it was a dreambubble and now he's stopped playing the part and is opening his eyes.
- John, who just last scene talked about how mad he is at Jack Noir killing his father, pretended to be part of the scenery so he could jump up behind Jack and kill him, the way Jack one-hit stabbed him. While John can't die here (he'd just wake up), Jack certainly can. Thought I doubt he will.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Totally forgot it was a dream bubble.

I still think he's just waking up. John isn't super crafty.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Elysiume posted:

Totally forgot it was a dream bubble.

I still think he's just waking up. John isn't super crafty.

Given our latest interactions with John, I think it's fair to say we may not know John as well as we used to.

That's not a "just waking up" eye. That's an "I see you motherfucker" eye.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Seoinin posted:

Man, John's having some dark dreams these days.

No wonder he's so pissed off. For two straight years he's probably had to relive the same moment over and over again every time he nods off.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
I wonder if it's a coincidence that the Capricorns support Caliborn.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

Given our latest interactions with John, I think it's fair to say we may not know John as well as we used to.

That's not a "just waking up" eye. That's an "I see you motherfucker" eye.

I took that as a "waking up and has not fully opened yet" eye, but we'll see.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
A nice bit of John-stabbing is just what Jack needs to put the spring back in his step. Then John can rage at Jade some more over finally getting into a dream bubble only to be kicked out of it immediately.

...well, probably not. This could go any number of ways, I guess.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

snucks posted:

I wonder if it's a coincidence that the Capricorns support Caliborn.

...maybe this is why somebody (either Meulin or Kurloz) called him "Calicorn" in the flash. I thought that was so weird and couldn't figure out what was up with it.

VVV Oh, for gently caress's sake. I'm an idiot. :doh:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

VJeff posted:

...maybe this is why somebody (either Meulin or Kurloz) called him "Calicorn" in the flash. I thought that was so weird and couldn't figure out what was up with it.

It's a pun on "calico," which is a kind of cat.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

It might still be a "thing", though, that no character in the story has uttered Caliborn's name. We only know it because it was in a page command.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Maybe Jack and John will have a nice long talk and get to know each other better.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
You mean Jack giving John a "Hi, lets be BBFzies" stab rather than just a stab? Then again, maybe even Jack has turned a corner, so to speak. After all, he has been chased for a very long time by a bloodthirsty PM.

Would be funny/sweet if Bec is the one to calm John's adolescent self, though. :3:

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
Problem IS, being Jack: all the shoosh-papping will be conducted with a knife in hand, and Jack still won't know why John is freaking out.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bobulus posted:

So are people reading that John eye as "just waking up" or "knew Jack was here and was pretending to be dead". I keep going back and forth.

The fact that the John eye happens right after the blood on/around him disappears would seem to indicate it's "just waking up". John could pretend to be asleep but he probably can't consciously influence a dreambubble like that.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I'm pretty sure it's just that squinting that happens when you first wake up in a place that isn't completely dark.

Though I do admit it does look a lot like "NOOOOOOOIIIIRRRRRRR"

Either way, it sure is dramatic and awesome :allears:

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

fatherdog posted:

The fact that the John eye happens right after the blood on/around him disappears would seem to indicate it's "just waking up". John could pretend to be asleep but he probably can't consciously influence a dreambubble like that.

I'm pretty sure anyone who knows they are in a dream bubble can influence their appearance as long as it matches a memory related to them. Didn't Aradia do it when we where first learning about the dream bubbles?

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
John hasn't had much dream bubble experience, as far as I can remember. I don't think this is anything but John sleep waking up.

'course, he is probably going to get pissed when he sees Noir there.

SexyBrianPuppet
Oct 5, 2010

remember, you are talking to the pranking MASTER.

Bobulus posted:

It might still be a "thing", though, that no character in the story has uttered Caliborn's name. We only know it because it was in a page command.

Aranea mentioned that they should avoid saying Caliborn's name, because it's "8ad juju."

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

So the $2,000,000 stretch goal is a new reward tier perk. More stickers, perhaps?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

pumpinglemma posted:

So the $2,000,000 stretch goal is a new reward tier perk. More stickers, perhaps?

Pretty much guaranteed to be even more lovely stickers. It'll probably hit two mill anyway though once the last-day crew comes in.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Technique posted:

Pretty much guaranteed to be even more lovely stickers.

Way to have faith guys! Yeah! Positive energy all around!

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Eh, last time the item was "New reward tier perk" we also got universal access to the beta for the final game for all contributors so I don't think it'll be just lovely stickers.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

What if they're lovely SBAHJ stickers? That way they won't be lovely stickers at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Well they'll be lovely, but, the shittier the better.