Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ronald Duck
Jun 26, 2005
My mum says I’m cool.

EvilMuppet posted:

Urgh, I'm so bad at this. Everything works perfectly if I manually post process but it's not doing it automatically.

You should make sure that you renamed autoProcessTV.cfg.sample to autoProcessTV.cfg and edited it to point to your sabnzbd server (Notepad's fine).

If the script is setup fine but isn't post-processing you can click on one of the icons in the sabnzbd completed downloads list to see a log file of what went wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

EvilMuppet posted:

Urgh, I'm so bad at this. Everything works perfectly if I manually post process but it's not doing it automatically.

Did you see the link with screenshots I posted for you?

EvilMuppet
Jul 29, 2006

Good night catte thread, give them all many patts. I'm sorry,
Awesome, all working now. Thanks heaps to everyone who helped out.

I was missing the step of renaming the autoprocess.cfg file.

SlipperyNipple
Jan 24, 2010

Achtung! Panzer posted:

My favourite cheap Usenet host that was based in Holland has disappeared. (http://www.lightningusenet.com/) :smith: I used to just pay £4.50 for a months Usenet and go on a download spree.

Frugal usenet is similar. i guess you could sign up then cancel right after and have access for the rest of the month and do this each time.

Usenetnow sells one week unlimited to and also non subscription months too fyi.

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

SlipperyNipple posted:

Frugal usenet is similar. i guess you could sign up then cancel right after and have access for the rest of the month and do this each time.

Usenetnow sells one week unlimited to and also non subscription months too fyi.
FrugalUsenet, UsenetNow and Blocknews are all the same company, by the way. They just differentiate their different plans by spinning up complete new "brands".

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Is there any way to set minimum file sizes in sickbeard?

SlipperyNipple
Jan 24, 2010

inpheaux posted:

FrugalUsenet, UsenetNow and Blocknews are all the same company, by the way. They just differentiate their different plans by spinning up complete new "brands".

Yea i know. got blocknews for anything beyond frugal usenets retention.

AshranPewter
Oct 1, 2012

Is there anyway to get into to dognzb anymore? Looks like it has gone private and I missed it by about a month. My other index sites have been failing for certain content and I'd love a backup. Do they have an invite system?

kri kri posted:

Is there any way to set minimum file sizes in sickbeard?

There is no way to set file size apart from maybe specifying sd over hd in sickbeard as far as I know.

AshranPewter fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Oct 1, 2012

blargle
Apr 3, 2007
I've got an HTPC and want to transfer my giant sabnzbd queue to it. Is this as simple as copy over the "incomplete" folder?

Shane-O-Mac
May 24, 2006

Hypnopompic bees are extra scary. They turn into guns.
I'm also having problems with Dog NZB. I already had an account, but it says my password is wrong. When I go through the process of resetting my password, the reset link sends me to the login page saying that the link has expired.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I can log in fine, but for the last week sickbeard has been complaining my authentication info is incorrect. It's not, as it was working the week before with no changes my end

There is a forum thread but no real solution. Guess they're just having a few issues all round

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
The latest update seemed to Sickbeard seems to have fixed the DogNZB issue, but I'm getting lots of timeouts when it attempts to access the built in indexer. Not a big deal, as I have like 4 or 5 others configured, but I thought I'd mention it here in case someone else sees it.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

blargle posted:

I've got an HTPC and want to transfer my giant sabnzbd queue to it. Is this as simple as copy over the "incomplete" folder?
Yes.
I don't think it automatically adds, but it knows they exist.
You probably have to hit the add button on Status->Queue Repair.

diehlr
Apr 17, 2003
Remember not to use restricted post tags next time.
I recently switched from sabznbd to nzbget on my Synology. Post processing seems a little bit fragile compared to sab. Does anyone have a good replacement post processing script outside of the default supplied by nzbget? The default one appears to leave lots of unpacked RAR's for no good reason, and doesn't do a good job at cleaning up after itself (leaves tons of folders with .sub / .nfo files).

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Why did you switch from SAB?

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice
I'm going to ask this here before trying the XBMC thread...

XBMC (openelec) is not often using movie posters/artwork for thumbs in any views (Recently Added, Movies, etc.) despite CPS downloading a .tbn for them. Instead, they just use some random-looking screengrab from the movie.

I am not sure if I have CPS configured incorrectly, or whether it's XBMC's fault. In XBMC, if I choose Info -> Refresh the Current and Local Thumbs are clearly there, they just aren't being displayed.. unless I choose one. Then it shows up on the main menus.

Anyone else know what I'm talking about or where I've gone wrong?

Tapedump fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Oct 2, 2012

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

Jane Goodall watches me pee!

i had that problem before -- for me it was that i was pointing it to a network share. once i mapped the share to a local drive XBMC started using the local files.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

All of my media is on my home server, which I map to over samba, so that's not it. It sounds like couchpotato is creating bad xbmc files, much like sickbeard used to for me. I just let xbmc handle everything, and have had no issues in over a year.

Take a look at the xbmc wiki?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Slightly unrelated to Usenet, but this feels like the right crowd...

Anyone stream videos from an external drive (connected to your computer though) to your PS3 or something similar?

I feel like the videos being on an external is the reason my videos will just pause/stop at random points. Like maybe the External HDD is going to sleep or something.

Anyone have similar situations or experiences?

(I'm using PS3 Media Server on my Mac, if it matters...)

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Feenix posted:

Slightly unrelated to Usenet, but this feels like the right crowd...

Anyone stream videos from an external drive (connected to your computer though) to your PS3 or something similar?

I feel like the videos being on an external is the reason my videos will just pause/stop at random points. Like maybe the External HDD is going to sleep or something.

Anyone have similar situations or experiences?

(I'm using PS3 Media Server on my Mac, if it matters...)

Is it having to transcode stuff? It might not be keeping up. I've had the bulk of my media on an external USB 2TB drive for the last... almost 3 years now I suppose. Sometime a bit slow to spin up and start playing, but always smooth after that. It's a shared drive and I can watch 1080p stuff over the network off it just fine as well.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

PirateDentist posted:

Is it having to transcode stuff? It might not be keeping up. I've had the bulk of my media on an external USB 2TB drive for the last... almost 3 years now I suppose. Sometime a bit slow to spin up and start playing, but always smooth after that. It's a shared drive and I can watch 1080p stuff over the network off it just fine as well.

It is transcoding while streaming MKV's into a format the PS3 can read. Never had pause problems before but my best guess is it's an External HDD thing?

Evergreen
Oct 7, 2005
Acquiring a feast. It's serious business.
Tooting my own own horn here, but I've thrown a new Python version of XenonMKV together. It's hosted on Github and I'm more than happy to take contributions. The quick summary is that it's a wrapper around existing open source tools, meant to take MKV container contents and shove them into an MP4. Right now I've confirmed it works on Ubuntu 10.04 and 12.04, but it probably wouldn't take too much to get functional on another Linux distro.

The original use case was to get the Xbox 360 to play media files without transcoding HD video and taking several hours to do so. It will only transcode audio down to two channels if needed, which takes significantly less time than video.

It's come to my attention recently that this utility is also helpful for other consoles, mobile phones and tablets that don't read MKV natively. These devices choke on a .mkv extension but will consume the H.264 video and AAC audio content without issue when it's a .mp4 file. I use it for my PlayBook right now, but I expect other devices with similar H.264 decode capabilities would work quite well.

Anyway, back in March Lord Dekks had mentioned they'd written a wrapper for the old Windows version of XenonMKV. I expect the new version should be pretty easy to wrap and tie in with SABnzbd+'s post processing, if you intend all your content to be playable on a mobile device.

bort
Mar 13, 2003

That's a terrific idea, Evergreen. I don't need it but I know people who do.

diehlr
Apr 17, 2003

FISHMANPET posted:

Why did you switch from SAB?

Nzbget uses a fraction of the resources, which is very appreciable on a NAS with limited resources.

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice

kri kri posted:

All of my media is on my home server, which I map to over samba, so that's not it. It sounds like couchpotato is creating bad xbmc files, much like sickbeard used to for me.
I'm in agreement that the network share usage isn't an issue. That said, I'll try a mapped share as a last resort.

kri kri, do you mean I should just uncheck/turn off thumb/image metadata options in CPS (and perhaps SB, too)?

I'm going to try leaving those apps' nfo creation on, though.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
I've had pretty good luck with Sickbeard creating metadata but CPS has given me malformed nfo files enough times that I just let XBMC scrape it. A long time ago XBMC was really poor at scraping but these days its quite robust.

A Sloth
Aug 4, 2010
EVERY TIME I POST I AM REQUIRED TO DISCLOSE THAT I AM A SHITHEAD.

ASK ME MY EXPERT OPINION ON GENDER BASED INSULTS & "ENGLISH ETHNIC GROUPS".

:banme:
Anybody able to get me an invite for http://nzbs.org/ ?

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Feenix posted:

It is transcoding while streaming MKV's into a format the PS3 can read. Never had pause problems before but my best guess is it's an External HDD thing?

I've had this happen with stuff that was just on the computer as well. Had the same setup before even except the file was on the Mac and it still stuttered. My guess is it might be certain files are harder to transcode than others for whatever reason or maybe it could be a bandwidth issue if you're using a wireless signal, but I'm not sure if that would actually come up or not. It seems to be worse for me with files that have subtitles available regardless if I have them on or not.

Sperg Victorious
Mar 25, 2011

Achtung! Panzer posted:

Anybody able to get me an invite for http://nzbs.org/ ?

They haven't enabled the invite feature, but nzb.su is a good alternative.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Sickbeard updated again and fixed the issues with loading the built in indexer. My only errors in the log are related to TVDB timeouts nowadays. :)

diehlr
Apr 17, 2003
Pretty sure tvbd was down last night for a while. That, or my setup is botched somehow.

Gism0
Mar 20, 2003

huuuh?

Sperg Victorious posted:

They haven't enabled the invite feature, but nzb.su is a good alternative.

I hear good things about dognzb too but I've no idea how to get an invite there either :/

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

EC posted:

Sickbeard updated again and fixed the issues with loading the built in indexer. My only errors in the log are related to TVDB timeouts nowadays. :)

Looks like the URL got changed from momo.sickbeard.com to lolo.sickbeard.com :rolleye:

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

FISHMANPET posted:

Looks like the URL got changed from momo.sickbeard.com to lolo.sickbeard.com :rolleye:

At least it's not yolo.sickbeard.com :v:

Edit: gently caress, I just realized I forgot to copy over my CP folder when I was migrating to my new server. Fuckity gently caress. I guess I'll just have to rebuild a lot of that watch list from scratch...

EC fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Oct 4, 2012

Lord Dekks
Jan 24, 2005

How is Sickbeard nowadays in keeping up to date with TV shows? (Or rather whatever site it queried show info from). I used Sickbeard in the past and would love it to begin with, but soon got frustrated that whenever there was a mid season break, I would have to continually force manual refreshes to get new episodes to appear etc, and found a lot of issues with the scene not being able to decide on season/episode numbers and getting duplicates etc.

I normally just stream to my TV via my Xbox 360 or just through my videocards HDMI out, so am not bothered by metadata etc, just the automatically downloading without having to fuss with RSS feeds.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Lord Dekks posted:

How is Sickbeard nowadays in keeping up to date with TV shows? (Or rather whatever site it queried show info from). I used Sickbeard in the past and would love it to begin with, but soon got frustrated that whenever there was a mid season break, I would have to continually force manual refreshes to get new episodes to appear etc, and found a lot of issues with the scene not being able to decide on season/episode numbers and getting duplicates etc.

I normally just stream to my TV via my Xbox 360 or just through my videocards HDMI out, so am not bothered by metadata etc, just the automatically downloading without having to fuss with RSS feeds.

It's a lot better at keeping up with what's on tv than I am. Never had to do anything manually except in the cases tvdb disagrees with the rest of the world about episode numbering.

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice
I find it very good. Granted, issues exist with shows like American Dad where scene vs. TVDB staff vs. reality clash, but those are not very common.

Otherwise, it reliably takes care of most any show you ask it to follow such that when a show starts again after a break or season end.

By all means, give it a shot again.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Lord Dekks posted:

The issues with updating new ep info from the TVDB have all been resolved.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Lord Dekks posted:

Its awesome unless you are expecting to to grab a show just after it airs I think it only checked your indexes once an hour, so if you have to watch it now you will have to do a manual refresh.I never have a problem I didn't even know Sunday night fox started back up and it was all there waiting for me with little popups when I got back home telling me it had grabbed some shows for me. (I have it sending to Growl because it was the only windows solution at the time I set it up that I could find that worked with SB).

I probably should set it up to tell my Android devices now instead since Growl can get in the way of a minimap in a videogame.

Very few shows don't work right, but sometimes that's just the scene not releasing anything because they don't care about the show. Others are naming conventions that differ between scene the TV studio and/or TVDB. Drama happens, but at least it's not too common with new seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Gism0 posted:

I hear good things about dognzb too but I've no idea how to get an invite there either :/
I don't think their invitation system is online yet. They claim that invitations will be open at the beginning of October, which is now, so I believe that they should open up very soon.