Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Parts Kit posted:

Don't want to run this into the ground, but we really can't go without a Jones fun time.

I like this one for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Okay, I did not see that coming. :monocle:

Edit: Okay, well, maybe kinda given that chapter where they sparred.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Tom. You absolute colossal tease.

Good looking page but...:argh: Actually it would be interesting if we just keep getting pages of Jones further back in time.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

A week ago?

Oh god, we're in a time vortex. Next it's gonna be two months ago, then a year. By the time the chapter ends we'll have gone back to the beginning of time!

Which, I suppose, is one way to learn something about Coyote.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Aw yeah time for :ms: *click*
God dammit.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Jones was an ice queen until Jimmy Jims melted hear heart.

Foomin
Feb 14, 2005

Parts Kit posted:

Don't want to run this into the ground, but we really can't go without a Jones fun time.

Nice and prophetic there, because Jonesy fun time begins today :wink:

The lighting and reflections in this page are just stunning.

Foomin fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Sep 28, 2012

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Well that's just nice.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

A week ago?

Oh god, we're in a time vortex. Next it's gonna be two months ago, then a year. By the time the chapter ends we'll have gone back to the beginning of time!

Which, I suppose, is one way to learn something about Coyote.

You joke, but I could see the following days' comics rewinding through Jones's life until we find out more about her. That's a lot more visually interesting than Jones just telling Antimony stuff.

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

I imagine each page in this chapter is going to take place farther back in time, to show Jones as this ancient unchanging being (or something) and where she comes from.

After scores of pages detailing the life and times of Jones, the final page in the chapter will finally go back and show Jone's response to the question, tho which she'll give Annie detention for busting into her room.

e: slightly beaten

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
The one-panel pages are always so pretty.

Interesting that Jones isn't sinking into the sofa. Maybe it's got some built-in support.

Sway Grunt fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Sep 28, 2012

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
So, the only real hint I'm getting from this page is that Jones doesn't appear to need sleep. Because it looks like it's really late, and she doesn't seem to look any different besides her clothes. Plus she has a few books to read within reach.

Frosty Mossman
Feb 17, 2011

"I Guess Somebody Fixed All the Problems" -- Confused Citizen
Gosh, that is a beautiful page.

Bobulus posted:

You joke, but I could see the following days' comics rewinding through Jones's life until we find out more about her. That's a lot more visually interesting than Jones just telling Antimony stuff.
I really like this idea.

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!
Take THAT, Dr. Disaster.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

We'll go all the way back to the moment of her birth and she'll still look the same.

It was a long delivery.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Are we sure that is Eglamore?

:haw:

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Yeah, this looks like it could go to "A month ago", then "A year ago", then "A century ago". Each page giving us a mystery to ponder over, like the previous one has us wondering if the medium is Annie or Parley, and this one has us wondering about the man Jones is with

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Matlock Birthmark posted:

So, the only real hint I'm getting from this page is that Jones doesn't appear to need sleep. Because it looks like it's really late, and she doesn't seem to look any different besides her clothes. Plus she has a few books to read within reach.

Eat, either, there's only one plate on the floor.

mjau
Aug 8, 2008

YF-23 posted:

Yeah, this looks like it could go to "A month ago", then "A year ago", then "A century ago". Each page giving us a mystery to ponder over, like the previous one has us wondering if the medium is Annie or Parley, and this one has us wondering about the man Jones is with

I'm wondering if the lack of a shadow cast by that table is intentional :tinfoil:

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

DarkCrawler posted:

Are we sure that is Eglamore?

:haw:

The tall man is Eglamore (he is eglamore)

This was a pretty awesome thing to see at the end of the day, I hope he keeps going backwards in time like this.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The book is 'How to Steal Memories for Dummies'. Jones dont do it!

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Clearest evidence for her not being a robot: Eglamore wouldn't be looking that comfortable resting his head in her lap if she was made out of metal (or stone, for that matter).

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Eglamore you HOUND!

Really, really interested in seeing where this chapter goes. Also my god that art is incredible.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

This is such a pretty looking page, drat.

What would Dr. Disaster make of this :ohdear:

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

A student posted:

Sadly, for someone with an ice elemental in their ancestry, having their heart melted is fatal.

Next chapter will be a timeskip to Jones and Eglamore's daughter arriving at the court as a new student. Eglamore hasn't been seen in years.

(Actually he's still around but nobody ever recognises him)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh my...

Good for you Jimmy Jims. :heysexy:

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Wasn't jones a kid for that group picture?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

We didn't see her, but the way Eglamore talked about her kinda implied it.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Oh man Kat is going to be pissed

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

MikeJF posted:

We didn't see her, but the way Eglamore talked about her kinda implied it.

Surma can't stand her eh? I'm sure that's just due to their opposite temperaturesments, and nothing at all do with any ancestral differences which may or may not have any emotional effect on them. Yep.

(fwiw my money's on ghost)

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

Jones is still heavy. Also the Jones fun time avatar is awesome. I'm secretly hoping that this chapter's gonna end with Jones saying "What does it matter what I am?" or "What's it to you?"

faxmaster
Nov 1, 2004

I can see all of the colors.
You know, maybe Tom's comments aren't sarcastic on these pages. If what everyone is speculating on is true and we are in a time warp, then this really is solving the mystery. It's just that, rather then answering "what are you" with "a robot" or some other shocking reveal, we're instead going to see what kind of person (?) Jones is. Kind of like saying "why are you so focused on this one part of who she is, what about everything else?"--something I imagine any good medium/diplomat should be thinking about.

Or maybe I'm reading too much into these two pages.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

A student posted:

But ice floats! :supaburn:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hmm now that its been mentioned, the couch doesnt seem to sag much. Maybe its a very uncomfortable custom made one.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Nooo Jones, don't break Dr. Disaster's heart! :(

Angry Avocado
Jun 6, 2010

pandaK posted:

Oh man Kat is going to be pissed
Hearts are broken all over the place :(

Frosty Mossman
Feb 17, 2011

"I Guess Somebody Fixed All the Problems" -- Confused Citizen
Kat and Dr. Disaster are going to flip the gently caress out and team up to form a really sciencey super villain for this comic.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Parts Kit posted:

Jones Fun Time is the very best fun time. She's much more fun than the Headmaster.

the2ndgenesis
Mar 18, 2009

You, McNulty, are a gaping asshole. We both know this.
Dr. Disaster is a strong, independent scientist who don't need no Jones. I'm sure he'll handle this most recent development with the height of class and dignity.

...:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Next bonus panel is going to be DISASTER SAD TIME