Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Dickeye posted:

The remake or the original?
The remake, I hear the original is good too though.

I did like the bad guy, because I really liked that actor from Band of Brothers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Is Evan Bourne still alive?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Oatgan posted:

Is Evan Bourne still alive?

His foot was destroyed in a really bad accident.

He posted pictures. They were really gross.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Sep 28, 2012

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

He also wouldn't stop smoking weed, so I doubt they're in any hurry to bring him back.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

triplexpac posted:

Yeah they did an Angle family celebration, and that seems like the sort of thing wacky 2000 era Kurt would do. They actually don't mention that on Wikipedia as one of Eric's WWF appearances though.
That segment was on the "Before They Were Superstars" dvd that profiled Angle.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Speaking of Kurt Angle, are there any other wrestlers who took to pro wrestling so smoothly? The guy is amazing. He began training in 1998, made his TV debut in November 1999, and was very comfortably hanging in the WWF main event scene around August/September 2000.

Brock is comparable, but he was never as smooth on the mic as Kurt. Kurt was a bit shaky cutting promos for the first few months, but by the time the love triangle started in the summer of 2000 he was one of the best in the WWF.

It gets overlooked sometimes because he's gone crazy and is now killing himself in TNA, but he really is one of the best talents to ever come into pro wrestling.

/pro Kurt Angle rant

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

LividLiquid posted:

He also wouldn't stop smoking weed, so I doubt they're in any hurry to bring him back.

Smoking weed is a fine. He was doing some fake poo poo that actually got you suspended. :psyduck:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

triplexpac posted:

Speaking of Kurt Angle, are there any other wrestlers who took to pro wrestling so smoothly? The guy is amazing. He began training in 1998, made his TV debut in November 1999, and was very comfortably hanging in the WWF main event scene around August/September 2000.

Brock is comparable, but he was never as smooth on the mic as Kurt. Kurt was a bit shaky cutting promos for the first few months, but by the time the love triangle started in the summer of 2000 he was one of the best in the WWF.

It gets overlooked sometimes because he's gone crazy and is now killing himself in TNA, but he really is one of the best talents to ever come into pro wrestling.

/pro Kurt Angle rant

I know he had been around the business beforehand, but DDP picked it up extremely quickly.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

triplexpac posted:

Speaking of Kurt Angle, are there any other wrestlers who took to pro wrestling so smoothly?

Dory's other star pupil, Jumbo Tsuruta.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

triplexpac posted:

/pro Kurt Angle rant

Steve Austin started training in 1989 under Chris Adams and by 1991 was a fairly major part of WCW's midcard and a TV champ. While obviously he wasn't allowed to take off like Angle did, that is some pretty serious turn around. On a related note, I always forget how short Austin's career really was if you take into account how much time he had to miss for injury.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

HulkaMatt posted:

Smoking weed is a fine. He was doing some fake poo poo that actually got you suspended. :psyduck:
To be fair, the fake stuff was found to have detrimental effects on one's health if used for a long time.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

triplexpac posted:

Stephanie McMahon debuted on tv in mid 1999 and was the Woman's Champion by early 2000.

She was so good she skipped training altogether!!!

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

oldpainless posted:

Stephanie McMahon debuted on tv in mid 1999 and was the Woman's Champion by early 2000.

....shoulda skipped Creative...

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

oldpainless posted:

I know you're joking, but it is actually pretty impressive how good she was at getting heat on the mic. It must run in the McMahon genes, her and Shane both were quite good as personalities. The crowd in 2000 goes nuts booing both McMahon kids.

Granted, they overstayed their welcome, but they had a lot more charisma than some of the main roster.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

oldpainless posted:

Yea but was she headlining PPVs? No disrespect to her fans but Stephanie didn't have half the natural talent of Karl Malone, Dennis Rodman, David Arquette, and Jay Leno.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

triplexpac posted:

I know you're joking, but it is actually pretty impressive how good she was at getting heat on the mic. It must run in the McMahon genes, her and Shane both were quite good as personalities. The crowd in 2000 goes nuts booing both McMahon kids.

Granted, they overstayed their welcome, but they had a lot more charisma than some of the main roster.

I miss Shane. Seriously. At least every time you saw him in a match, you knew you were going to see the heir apparent of a billionaire take a crazy bump.

And isn't that what we all want to see.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

VogeGandire posted:

I miss Shane. Seriously. At least every time you saw him in a match, you knew you were going to see the heir apparent of a billionaire take a crazy bump.

And isn't that what we all want to see.

It's not so much his matches I miss, he just had such a good "spoiled rich kid" presence to him (perhaps not too far from reality). He has the same thing as Vince, the ability to give the perfect "oh gently caress I'm in trouble" look whenever he gets caught doing something underhanded.

I'm rewatching old wrestling with my girlfriend, and half the time he's on screen she can't help but comment "I hate Shane." haha

Oh and who could forget the constant "Shane's a pussy" chants every single time he tries to speak.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Shane was one of my favorite "wrestlers" for that very reason. Yeah the matches were awful, but I was gonna mark hard at least once.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

triplexpac posted:

It's not so much his matches I miss, he just had such a good "spoiled rich kid" presence to him (perhaps not too far from reality). He has the same thing as Vince, the ability to give the perfect "oh gently caress I'm in trouble" look whenever he gets caught doing something underhanded.

I'm rewatching old wrestling with my girlfriend, and half the time he's on screen she can't help but comment "I hate Shane." haha

Oh and who could forget the constant "Shane's a pussy" chants every single time he tries to speak.

Yeah, that too. He just mastered the smug, entitled mannerisms. He'd just stand with the :smug: face, and the crowd would HATE him.

It just seems that amazing facial expressions run on the male McMahon line.

Having one of the catchiest themes ever and the best dancing skills in the company helped too.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

VogeGandire posted:

Yeah, that too. He just mastered the smug, entitled mannerisms. He'd just stand with the :smug: face, and the crowd would HATE him.

It just seems that amazing facial expressions run on the male McMahon line.

Having one of the catchiest themes ever and the best dancing skills in the company helped too.
Watching Shawn make fun of Shane's dancing still makes me laugh in fact that whole DX segment was gold.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
He was like David Flair with something on the other side of his eyes.

(What are the Flair boys doing lately, anyway?)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Halloween Jack posted:

He was like David Flair with something on the other side of his eyes.

(What are the Flair boys doing lately, anyway?)

One is happily married and basically retired the other is a junkie.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
Wheres a good place to buy masks? I want to dress as a Luchador for Halloween. I don't trust ebay in this regard, a lot of them look to be poor quality or material.

Also, I'm trying to come up with a shirt related to Lucha that doesn't have a mask on it, seeing as the mask will be on my head. Any ideas?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Miles O'Brian posted:

Wheres a good place to buy masks? I want to dress as a Luchador for Halloween.

Also, I'm trying to come up with a shirt related to Lucha that doesn't have a mask on it, seeing as the mask will be on my head. Any ideas?

Highspots.com has a poo poo load of masks.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Miles O'Brian posted:

Wheres a good place to buy masks? I want to dress as a Luchador for Halloween. I don't trust ebay in this regard, a lot of them look to be poor quality or material.

I got mine from elucha. Looks and feels excellent, it just takes forever to get it. They get busy around Halloween.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
Thanks dudes.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

One is happily married and basically retired the other is a junkie.

Reid works for Lucha Libre USA tyvm :colbert:

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Tyler Black debuted in 2005 and was an excellent wrestler by 2008

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

And he's been in WWE for exactly 2 years now. :negative:

Shingo got really good really quick in my opinion.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Sep 29, 2012

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Miles O'Brian posted:

Dress shirt, jacket optional (required).

Turtleneck sweater, jacket required.

Sideless tank top if you're uncultured.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Miles O'Brian posted:

Mask Maniac is worth a look too.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Miles O'Brian posted:

Go for the "lucha got fat while out on injury" stand-by, sideless tanktop.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Perigryn posted:

Mask Maniac is worth a look too.
Those guys stiffed me on an order and it took 2 months for Paypal to refund the money. Do not reccomend unless you're using Amazon.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Flameingblack posted:

Those guys stiffed me on an order and it took 2 months for Paypal to refund the money. Do not reccomend unless you're using Amazon.

I used them on ebay and didnt have any problems, shipping was pretty quick to the UK too. Mask quality was decent for the price (obviously for a replica, not actual ring gear).

For halloween wear, I would suggest a suit with lucha mask. Wear the suit jacket. Ensure that you get a mask with a mouth hole, otherwise you cant drink wearing it. If you have a Santos/samson mask, then I endorse LvKs suggestion of turtleneck with suit including jacket. And solve vampire related crimes while wearing it.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Go full suit. Worked for me.

Doing the exact same thing, but with my new Ultramantis Black mask this year.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I did the full suit too. If you have something that looks a little retro, go with it. I had a beige suede suit with a bright orange shirt. I looked classy as all hell.

Also, masks don't work good with glasses.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Liar Lyre posted:

Also, masks don't work good with glasses.

Oh poo poo, you just reminded me I don't have any contact lenses this year. gently caress.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I went in a Matt Classic Mask and a full suit for last Halloween. Looked classy as poo poo, although people said I scared the piss out of them. Probably from fear of being stretched by an old pro. :smug:

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Miles O'Brian posted:

https://www.mtzwear.com I seem to recall Dr. Lucha plugging? Not 100%. Never ordered. They have a silver Ultramantis mask and I seem to recall Ultramantis saying he was mad at a company that made his mask???? Don't know if this is the place. Seems like High Quality stuff though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Since we're lightly on the topic of Halloween, does anyone know somewhere other than Highspots for buying wrestling gear online? I plan to be Razor Ramon (trunks, pads, vest, chains, greasy hair, everything) and it's already feeling like I'll be blowing through $200 if I go through them on shipping alone.