Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

RazorBunny posted:

Is it bad that I laugh at the cats when they bat their toys past the Ssscat and are then afraid to retrieve them?

No but its terrible that you have yet to post a video of it.
Do it.
Now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeaBeeJay
Sep 28, 2012

Citizen Rat posted:

Has anyone used/bought one of the Nina Ottosson wood dog puzzle games? I picked one up yesterday and it has been hilarious. Poor Sitka's little brain is completely fried by the 'dog brick' game.

I have the Tornado for my dog. He figured it out in about 5 minutes, but he still likes to play with it.
I like to put a high-value treat in one compartment and kibble in the rest. It's fun to watch him puzzle out the fastest way to get to the good stuff.

Citizen Rat
Jan 17, 2005

I like the fact that you can modify the difficulty and play with different options to have more variety.

WolfensteinBag
Aug 7, 2003

So it was all your work?

Invalid Octopus posted:

There were a ton of dogs at the shelter today. I guess some of the neighboring ones were having issues (I want to say roofing?)

They're a shelter, shouldn't they expect to have a bit of a roofing problem?

:iamafag:

SuperTwo
Oct 30, 2010

This is what Angus does when he has the zoomies. He runs circles around the coffee table and banks off the back of the couch. I call it the "Staffie Speedway"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnf5wR6BPiE&feature=player_embedded

Kiri koli
Jun 20, 2005
Also, I can kill you with my brain.

Who likes Icelandic Sheep?!

IMG_6261 by Kiri koli, on Flickr

Fun facts about Icelandic Sheep: they always stand around in threes, they like grass that grows on very steep hills, even when there's perfectly good grass on flat land, and they make suicidal road crossings at night, probably because they like scaring the poo poo out of tourists.

IMG_6268 by Kiri koli, on Flickr

IMG_6270 by Kiri koli, on Flickr

At this point, the lead sheepie was clearly deciding whether or not he was going to kill me because I kept getting closer and taking more pictures. Yay animal body language!

I have a few closer pictures that I haven't gotten to yet, if people want to see more sheepies. We had quite a good time yelling 'sheepies!' every time we saw one (about every five seconds in Iceland) by the end of the trip when delirium was setting in. Also, there may be pictures of Icelandic horses available in the near future.

Aravenna
Jun 9, 2002

DOOK
Yay I do! I lived in Iceland when I was little (my dad was in the US Navy) so I always like seeing pictures from there. :)

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

I want to see more. I'm actually Icelandic but I live in the Höfuðborgarsvæðið so I don't see that many sheep, mostly horses.

Fun fact, I saw the picture before I read the text and I said to myself "Huh, aren't those Icelandics?"

And more strange facts about the Icelandic sheep. Up until recently if you managed to hit one or run over one, you had to buy it from the farmer. Yes, drivers were responsible for sheepies on the road and farmers had no responsibility to keep them in their pastures. That law was changed few years ago and now farmers are responsible.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.

WolfensteinBag posted:

They're a shelter, shouldn't they expect to have a bit of a roofing problem?

:iamafag:

You're terrible. :colbert:

Azrael Alexander
Jun 24, 2011

No one ever asks if Bender would like to live in a tiny little house. Not that I would. A tiny little house that says "Bender" on it.
So...

That one on the bottom of the pile is my new puppy. :3: We had a very successful home check yesterday, and she'll be coming home in a couple of weeks, after she's been spayed. She's deaf; she and her 10 siblings + mom were pulled from a high kill shelter in central OH. I'm naming her Fionna. :3: :3: :3:

Bonus video :3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2-vpeITHB4

Azrael Alexander fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Sep 28, 2012

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Icelandic sheep also enjoy making suicidal street crossings during the day too.

Thank God even the big trucks stop for them.

Since everyone wants to see pictures I hope no one minds if I add some:

Sheep by hookshot88, on Flickr

Iceland by hookshot88, on Flickr

Iceland Sheep by hookshot88, on Flickr

Lambs by hookshot88, on Flickr

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Azrael: Did my dog father puppies I am unaware of? :stare:

Azrael Alexander
Jun 24, 2011

No one ever asks if Bender would like to live in a tiny little house. Not that I would. A tiny little house that says "Bender" on it.

Pew! Pew! posted:

Azrael: Did my dog father puppies I am unaware of? :stare:

He looks pretty guilty...better put some bars on his bedroom window. :pervert:

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Azrael Alexander posted:

That one on the bottom of the pile is my new puppy. :3: We had a very successful home check yesterday, and she'll be coming home in a couple of weeks, after she's been spayed. She's deaf; she and her 10 siblings + mom were pulled from a high kill shelter in central OH. I'm naming her Fionna. :3: :3: :3:

What up white dog from central OH buddy :hfive:

You and Rixatrix (omg eyebrow puppy) need to post more pics as frequently as humanly possible. I just had to put one of my ewes down due to a brain tumor and PI has had so much loss posted lately that we need something to counteract that.

For my contribution a Field Spaniel that I totally adore just had pups and they set up a webcam. There's no way I can get a puppy any time soon but I can enjoy potatoes by proxy.

Here's the mom working just 3 days before having her litter. I would love a girl just like her.

Also Icelandic sheep have gotten super popular in the US for some reason. I see them all over the place.

Chido
Dec 7, 2003

Butterflies fluttering on my face!

Instant Jellyfish posted:

What up white dog from central OH buddy :hfive:

You and Rixatrix (omg eyebrow puppy) need to post more pics as frequently as humanly possible. I just had to put one of my ewes down due to a brain tumor and PI has had so much loss posted lately that we need something to counteract that.

For my contribution a Field Spaniel that I totally adore just had pups and they set up a webcam. There's no way I can get a puppy any time soon but I can enjoy potatoes by proxy.

Here's the mom working just 3 days before having her litter. I would love a girl just like her.

Also Icelandic sheep have gotten super popular in the US for some reason. I see them all over the place.

I'm so sorry IJ :sympathy: I know how much you love your sheep and goats.

Edit: if this helps, I have my webcam on so you guys can watch the two chicks I got. I wave the heat lamp off since my room is pretty warm and the chicks seem to be ok with it.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/moralgriever

Chido fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Sep 29, 2012

Azrael Alexander
Jun 24, 2011

Turns out Fionna will be landing sooner than expected - probably this coming Wednesday! :dance: :dance: :dance: I'm so psyched right now.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
That is really loving exciting! You teach that fat puppy some sign language!!!!

And post pictures every day. Always :colbert:

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
Ohman I am looking forward to Deaf Dog Progress Reports. I would scream impotently at a deaf dog until I imploded so watching people that can actually deal with them fascinates the hell out of me.

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS

Superconsndar posted:

Ohman I am looking forward to Deaf Dog Progress Reports. I would scream impotently at a deaf dog until I imploded so watching people that can actually deal with them fascinates the hell out of me.

it isn't really that hard, once you get used to it. in fact now i always forget that i can 'talk' to normal hearing dogs.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Topoisomerase posted:

it isn't really that hard, once you get used to it. in fact now i always forget that i can 'talk' to normal hearing dogs.

"IF YOU WERE A GOOD DOG YOU WOULD LEARN TO HEAR. WHY CANT YOU HEAR ME. AM I STILL ALIVE? AM I STILL A PERSON? CAN ANYONE HEAR ME?" - me

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

Superconsndar posted:

"IF YOU WERE A GOOD DOG YOU WOULD LEARN TO HEAR. WHY CANT YOU HEAR ME. AM I STILL ALIVE? AM I STILL A PERSON? CAN ANYONE HEAR ME?" - me

You and Moses are so perfect together :)

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

adventure in the sandbox posted:

You and Moses are so perfect together :)

We're like :qq: :hf: :qq: all day. It works out.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

Superconsndar posted:

Sometimes it's nice having a deaf pet. I know my ferret wouldn't listen to me anyway, so I like to pretend that he would be totally obedient and good if it wasn't for his deafness holding him back. :downs:

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
How funny, someone just posted a deaf, white, pitty puppy on my FB feed for adoption. Congrats. :3:

Also you named her after Fionna from Adventure Time didn't you? :colbert:

Neena
May 11, 2007

No male will ever handle my massive CoX!
Wait, I meant boobs! Wait!
FISTS, Shit!

Lefty Lugubrious posted:

Savannah is a cutie. :3: She looks like my parents' neighbor's dog, Sophie. Does Savannah have green eyes? Sophie does--I've never seen a dog with green eyes before, they're very striking. Well, I say green, but I guess they're more of a hazel. I've only ever seen the usual brown/blue on dogs.

Aww, thanks! :) No, she has dark brown eyes. Green does sound very striking- I love cats with those beautiful green eyes, I bet Sophie is really pretty.

Savannah does have red eyelashes, though, exactly the color of her fur. :3: I don't know why that's so cool to me, I guess I never really thought about dog eyelashes before I owned her.

(I have red hair similar to her color fur though, so occasionally I get people asking if I color-coordinated on purpose. I guess there are people out there who would do that but uh, no.)

E: Instant Jellyfish, sorry to hear that :( Bad things need to stop happening to PI animals, dammit.

Neena fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Sep 29, 2012

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS
you definitely don't have to worry about a deaf dog not paying attention to you if that is a concern. if anything I almost think that being deaf makes Pippa a bit more attentive towards me now that she trusts me.

Azrael I'm sure you will be fine but if you have any questions about stuff I've done to work with my deaf dog I would be happy to talk to you about it!

Topoisomerase fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Sep 29, 2012

Rixatrix
Aug 5, 2006

Instant Jellyfish posted:

You and Rixatrix (omg eyebrow puppy) need to post more pics as frequently as humanly possible.
Incoming!

Wait. I think the puppy died.

No, he woke up and got to business (seriously, he bites hard enough to draw blood and is tenacious as gently caress. I need to train an "out" as soon as possible.)

This is Rho expressing his feelings about the puppy. I interpret it as "He's not staying, right?"

Sorry for the poor focus in the pictures. It's dark and rainy outside and indoors lighting works badly with black dogs. I'll try to get sunnier pics soon!

So far the pup has been a very good little dog. He bites everything very hard, pees all over everything about every ten minutes or so and if I stick him behind a baby gate or in a crate he'll scream bloody murder for a long time. Probably hours. He's going to be brilliant :3: I have to come up with an alias for him for PI purposes. I call him "Sukka" which doesn't quite work in English.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Now i want another dog so i can shout Suckaaaaaaaaaaa at the top of my lungs, thanks Rixatrix :mad:

Puppy fever incoming :qq:

Pardalis
Dec 26, 2008

The Amazing Dreadheaded Chameleon Keeper
:siren: BUTTON QUAIL EGGS ARE POPPING OPEN! :siren:

Live streaming here: http://youtu.be/LipyhM4N-t8

Pardalis fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Sep 29, 2012

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

Anyone remember months ago when there was the story of a guy that lost his dog and some girl picked up the dog and didn't search enough for the dog's rightful owner, so when the guy found out the girl has his dog, he was able to rightfully get the dog back? (Sorry, I really suck at explaining these things). I tried googling it but I keep coming up with bite laws. I will keep playing with what i am searching but maybe one of you can find it before I do?

Edit: Found it! Of course, soon after I posted here. I was trying to find it for one of my classes, but the details aren't exactly as I remember them so my search was for nothing.

Here is a picture to make this post less useless:

cryingscarf fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Sep 29, 2012

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

It was on Judge Judy. I think there might be a link to it in the pyf cute and uplifting things thread. I'd link it for you but I'm on my phone at the moment.

Kiri koli
Jun 20, 2005

Today we went for a walk and Psyche rolled in something that we are pretending was mud...so we gave her a bath and made a video of the aftermath. The best part is she's totally worn out for the rest of the day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxsEgO8GE9k

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

a life less posted:

I don't know what it is about small dogs. I probably have ten times as many people try to approach my Chi than Cohen (who is prettier, friendlier, and better behaved).

My guess however is that the dogs don't know how to walk on leash. They're, hopefully, not literally unable to walk.

One thing that boggles my mind - even among my dog trainer friends, the number of small dogs who are trained to use pee pads is enormous. It's not that hard to walk down a few flights of stairs, or schedule more regular bathroom breaks...

Small dogs are more like cats, right? And cats go in the house.

Also, small dogs don't pee or poo poo as much as big dogs.

Also also, people like cute small things because they remind them of puppies. That's why small dogs are more popular

Pardalis
Dec 26, 2008

Button butt popping out of the first egg to hatch :3: (sorry for the low quality; this is being shot through thick old plastic and with a flashlight for light)

E: The eggs is moving a whole lot now! Should hatch fully very soon.

Pardalis fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Sep 29, 2012

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Kiri koli posted:

Today we went for a walk and Psyche rolled in something that we are pretending was mud...so we gave her a bath and made a video of the aftermath. The best part is she's totally worn out for the rest of the day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxsEgO8GE9k

She's totally only worn out because of the aftermath of that bath, and it's adorable. :3:

That peanut butter video gave me a horrible idea, though.

Kiri koli
Jun 20, 2005

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

She's totally only worn out because of the aftermath of that bath, and it's adorable. :3:

That peanut butter video gave me a horrible idea, though.

I demand video proof of this horrible idea!

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

Topoisomerase posted:

you definitely don't have to worry about a deaf dog not paying attention to you if that is a concern. if anything I almost think that being deaf makes Pippa a bit more attentive towards me now that she trusts me.

My sister has a deaf pibble and she is super-attentive to her people. She has to wear a vibrate collar when she's awake though because that was the only way my sister could train her for recall and such. It's cute, she doesn't realize that we can hear the noises she makes, so she is super bad at being sneaky.

Pardalis
Dec 26, 2008

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nakedmolecat-quailcam

:supaburn: QUAIL IS OUT

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

It reads all over his face,
like he's an Italian.
I'm leaving on a vacation from October 3rd to the 7th. I'm setting up arrangements to have a friend come over, scoop the box, check the food/water levels, but I just know Sully is going to pee on something while I'm gone. He's such a drama queen :negative:

Aw baby quail :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiri koli
Jun 20, 2005

ladyweapon posted:

I'm leaving on a vacation from October 3rd to the 7th. I'm setting up arrangements to have a friend come over, scoop the box, check the food/water levels, but I just know Sully is going to pee on something while I'm gone. He's such a drama queen :negative:

I watch my friend's cats when he travels and if he's gone more than four days, they will poop on his bed in protest.

• Locked thread