Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

sportsgenius86 posted:

He dismembered the cat with his bare hands, too, so that's some crazy drugs...

This is loving disgusting. On top of killing some poor old woman he killed what was probably one of her best friends. I'm glad he fell off the loving building. rear end in a top hat.

And yeah, gently caress Scientology while we are at it. Maybe this bizarre incident will bring their shady business into the light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.

HoveringCheesecake posted:

This is loving disgusting. On top of killing some poor old woman he killed what was probably one of her best friends. I'm glad he fell off the loving building. rear end in a top hat.

And yeah, gently caress Scientology while we are at it. Maybe this bizarre incident will bring their shady business into the light.

I wonder if Sutter will talk about the scientology link, or are the some things that even internet tough guy extraordinaire Kurt Sutter doesn't have the balls to talk poo poo about?

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?

BrandonGK posted:

I wonder if Sutter will talk about the scientology link, or are the some things that even internet tough guy extraordinaire Kurt Sutter doesn't have the balls to talk poo poo about?

Well written characters, how to write conflict, and how nobody cares about his wife. Oh yeah, and cunts.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Well this thread had one positive effect anyway. It finally got me to check out Justified and man this show is rocking.

So for anyone bitterly disappointed and looking for something to watch (before we inevitably crawl back next week :() check out Justified.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

sportsgenius86 posted:

He dismembered the cat with his bare hands, too, so that's some crazy drugs...

Sounds like he was on something other than 2c-i. That stuff just makes you want to party and hug everyone.

The Robins Taley
Apr 3, 2006

I'd bone her.

Der Shovel posted:

Well this thread had one positive effect anyway. It finally got me to check out Justified and man this show is rocking.

So for anyone bitterly disappointed and looking for something to watch (before we inevitably crawl back next week :() check out Justified.

I agree 100%. This show is complete garbage and after last week's episode I'm Officially Done with this piece of poo poo show. The ONLY good thing to come out of wasting my time watching it is this thread's recommendation of Justified.

I also saw on twitter where Kurt Sutter called the critics of last week's episode "fat whores". So now we all get to be fat whore cunts!! Congrats everybody!! Stay classy, Kurt, you retarded man-child.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
So did Sutter watch Breaking Bad and want a wicked cold and calculated robot of a villain like Gus?

Donny Brook
Jul 23, 2007

Hello Ladies

Rest In Peace
Dave
(aka Donny Brook)
1963-2013
Goonspeed, friend
So everything on this show turned to poo poo right after the season 3 pilot. That's the last we ever saw of Half-Sack, at his funeral. Kurt Sutter kills off one of the last likeable characters left, and Johnny Lewis murders a cat and an old lady and then tries to fly off of a roof.

Coincidence? :tinfoil:

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Donny Brook posted:

So everything on this show turned to poo poo right after the season 3 pilot. That's the last we ever saw of Half-Sack, at his funeral. Kurt Sutter kills off one of the last likeable characters left, and Johnny Lewis murders a cat and an old lady and then tries to fly off of a roof.

Coincidence? :tinfoil:

A curse ala Poltergeist? :ohdear:

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

Gazaar posted:

So did Sutter watch Breaking Bad and want a wicked cold and calculated robot of a villain like Gus?

Oh, you bet your rear end that is what "Pope" is going for, Gustavo is the loving benchmark now. I'm happy that Harold Perrineau gets to do it at since he's quite great. WALT!

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Keyser S0ze posted:

Oh, you bet your rear end that is what "Pope" is going for, Gustavo is the loving benchmark now. I'm happy that Harold Perrineau gets to do it at since he's quite great. WALT!

Sadly, I do not think you are wrong. Unfortunately, this leads me towards the idea (halfway between hypothesis and theory) that Kurt Sutter cannot tell the difference between defend and explain.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Keyser S0ze posted:

Except for the fact that Fring's dialogue was well written and his motivations, although sometimes ambiguous were at least sensible. This show is so amateurish and terrible why oh god why can't I stop watching it ahhhhhhh!

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

The Robins Taley posted:

I agree 100%. This show is complete garbage and after last week's episode I'm Officially Done with this piece of poo poo show. The ONLY good thing to come out of wasting my time watching it is this thread's recommendation of Justified.

I also saw on twitter where Kurt Sutter called the critics of last week's episode "fat whores". So now we all get to be fat whore cunts!! Congrats everybody!! Stay classy, Kurt, you retarded man-child.

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Sons of Anarchy: Season 5 FAT WHORE-CUNTS ASSEMBLE

Baronash fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Sep 29, 2012

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
I still say Hurst should end up in a large role on Justified, just so we can watch Sutter's head explode.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Keyser S0ze posted:

He is better when he is in a wheelchair and narrating the action.

Donny Brook
Jul 23, 2007

Hello Ladies

Rest In Peace
Dave
(aka Donny Brook)
1963-2013
Goonspeed, friend

bobkatt013 posted:

He is better when he is in a wheelchair and narrating the action.

...upside down in a rotating plexiglas box.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I'm still upset about Opie's death.

Not because I'm opposed to important characters dying. It can be a powerful and compelling storytelling device if used correctly. My problem here is still that it wasn't. I mean poor Opie's character had been shat upon so much through the series that pretty much the only thing left for him to do would be to go out in a blaze of glory. But nope, instead he goes out completely without meaning because Sutter wrote himself into a corner again and couldn't think of a better way out. And then pretends on Twitter that we just saw a Significant Thing. How? It changes loving nothing, except the fans have one reason less to care about this show, and we didn't have that many to begin with.

The second Jax started telling Opie all the poo poo we've been yelling about for a year I knew he was dead, because God knows we can't have actual logical story progression in Sutter's biker soap world. Much better to have 6 dudes know crucial poo poo and arbitrarily not talk to each other about any of it because that's the only way we can make DRAMA! It's like the later seasons of Lost all over and holy poo poo did that show start to suck.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I don't want to overstate it, because god knows where this will end up, but I did like that thing Jax said about throwing Tig to the wolves whenever he ceases to become useful. I just hope it wasn't just a thing he said to placate Pope. It's a pretty big change from "the sons are my family and family got to stick together bro".

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Seams posted:

I don't want to overstate it, because god knows where this will end up, but I did like that thing Jax said about throwing Tig to the wolves whenever he ceases to become useful. I just hope it wasn't just a thing he said to placate Pope. It's a pretty big change from "the sons are my family and family got to stick together bro".

He was definitely incredibly pissed at Tig during the "you owe me" speech, so I don't have trouble believing that he was serious.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Well, Tig did pretty much kill his best friend. I'd say gently caress him too.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

watt par posted:

Forget making it to season 7 and just have everything go to hell and the club die off at an accelerating pace similar to how The Shield ended.

From a few pages back, but if Opie's death signals the start of this, I'm a-ok with it.

Donny Brook
Jul 23, 2007

Hello Ladies

Rest In Peace
Dave
(aka Donny Brook)
1963-2013
Goonspeed, friend

Seams posted:

Maybe Jax will have Tig kill Clay. That would be the most satisfying way for Clay to go down now that Opie is gone. Clay murdered by his most trusted ally, Tig pays for his getting the Sons in the bind that they're in. Pretty Shakespearian. Hell, make him do it in front of Gemma. Pretty emotional, considering Tig's feelings for her. Then he can shoot Gemma too. Pretty much wipe out the Old Guard completely.

Nah, never happen. :suicide:

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
this show will end with Clay surviving and everyone else dead

spixxor
Feb 4, 2009
My money is on no one but tara and the kids being alive at the end. Then the last shot of the show is her putting Jax's Sons rings on top of his grave stone and walking away.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
I hope noone but Tig is alive at the end, the most insane gently caress-up of the entire group left alone to randomly murder people at the drop of a hat.

Donny Brook
Jul 23, 2007

Hello Ladies

Rest In Peace
Dave
(aka Donny Brook)
1963-2013
Goonspeed, friend
My hope is that the last Son standing is Phil, and he takes on Chucky as a prospect, and the two of 'em ride off into the sunset, Easy Rider style.

Until Clay rolls up in an old pick-up truck and shoots 'em with a shotgun, Easy Rider style.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I wouldn't put it past the writing, to come up with a "no, Opie never actually died; it was all a big elaborate ruse" by the season finale.

basx
Aug 16, 2004

Sassy old man!
On further reflection, the biggest problem I have isn't how Opie's death does or doesn't fit into the plot, but that by killing Opie, they killed their ONLY sympathetic character. Every single other person on this show deserves every horrible thing that could possibly happen. Except Jax's kids, but they're not characters, just plot devices. Clay could toss 'em in the wood chipper for all I care.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
I dunno about that, I mean Chibbs is okay. Beyond that I'm grasping at straws at anyone who's part of the main cast. It's really kind of amazing that Tig is still alive after everything that's transpired throughout the series. I suppose he's protected by the same ACME™ Villain Plot Barrier that Clay is.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ghostpilot posted:

I dunno about that, I mean Chibbs is okay. Beyond that I'm grasping at straws at anyone who's part of the main cast. It's really kind of amazing that Tig is still alive after everything that's transpired throughout the series. I suppose he's protected by the same ACME™ Villain Plot Barrier that Clay is.

Juice is still somewhat sympathetic in that he seems like a decent guy. As decent as a member of a murderous, gun running motorcycle gang can be I guess.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

mookface posted:

Juice is still somewhat sympathetic in that he seems like a decent guy. As decent as a member of a murderous, gun running motorcycle gang can be I guess.
Killed a solid SoA member, forever douche.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Cage posted:

Killed a solid SoA member, forever douche.

Why did he do that again? He caught him doing something but I can't remember what. So much poo poo happens in this show without consequence or purpose it just becomes this big forgettable blur.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

mookface posted:

Other than the time he put half a clip into an :airquote: "innocent" member's face and sold out the club to save his own hide. While that was all but retconned by the end of the season it revealed Juice's character: when the chips are down, he'll sell you out each and every time (kinda like how he brought Clay to the brothel this episode).

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

mookface posted:

Why did he do that again? He caught him doing something but I can't remember what. So much poo poo happens in this show without consequence or purpose it just becomes this big forgettable blur.

He busted Juice with the coke that had disappeared while the Sons were supposed to be guarding it.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kekekela posted:

He busted Juice with the coke that had disappeared while the Sons were supposed to be guarding it.

Right. Juice was put in a pretty compromising situation at that point wasn't he though? He was kind of hosed any way he went with things.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

mookface posted:

Juice ratted on the club because the cops held his race over him. He has to get some evidence of the coke or something but he screwed it up somehow and ended up stealing the brick and falling asleep before he could replace it. Sons went looking for who stole it, Miles found Juice trying to return it, Juice killed Miles and pinned it all on him. Juice kept ratting, cops made a RICO case on it, they're basically in their CIA mess because of it. And no one cared about the race thing. Juice is both a scholar and a gentleman, clearly.

Chibs ratted too. He went back on it and I think he dd it because of his kid, so you could probably give him a pass on it. That's the only extra bad I can think of on him, beyond the murdering, evil, gun running, cartel aiding, terrorist backing, biker stuff.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

mookface posted:

Juice was put in a pretty compromising situation at that point wasn't he though?
Yeah, but he'd acted like a huge retard to get to that point in the first place.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.
The whole race thing came out of nowhere and went absolutely nowhere. The Juice storyline might have been even more maddening and nonsensical than the whole CIA and Clay surviving idiocy.

BrandonGK fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Sep 30, 2012

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

BrandonGK posted:

The whole race thing came out of nowhere and went absolutely nowhere. The Juice storyline might have been even more maddening and nonsensical than the whole CIA and Clay surviving idiocy.

They even nodded at it this season when Juice said he was Puerto Rican. I was ready to forget that whole pointless side tangent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

mookface posted:

They even nodded at it this season when Juice said he was Puerto Rican. I was ready to forget that whole pointless side tangent.

I hope that he gets captured by Pope's crew and desperately tries to prove that he's (half-) black in a variety of unintentionally offensive ways.

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Sep 30, 2012

• Locked thread