Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

SlothfulCobra posted:

I grew up watching Rocky and Bullwinkle on VHS back in the 90s. Last I checked it was also on Hulu for free.

I feel that there are a bunch of references lying here and there that don't make any sense these days and I never got.

Of course there are, even Boris' name is a reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Cliff Racer posted:

Of course there are, even Boris' name is a reference.

It is? To what?

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
To Boris Godunov. (Boris Badenov, see, get it?)

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Cliff Racer posted:

To Boris Godunov. (Boris Badenov, see, get it?)

Aha, I didn't know that person existed, what with my being an uncultured cretin and all. I've learned something today!

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

raditts posted:

Aha, I didn't know that person existed, what with my being an uncultured cretin and all. I've learned something today!

A person and a play!

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Hey, what's going on with Mystery Incorporated? Wasn't it supposed to be back this week? All I'm seeing for the next two weeks are reruns!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

DivisionPost posted:

Hey, what's going on with Mystery Incorporated? Wasn't it supposed to be back this week? All I'm seeing for the next two weeks are reruns!

I actually hope so, because I'm only on episode four of the new season and I need to catch up. What was the last episode to air?

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

Cartoon Network has two new shows in the works.

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
The original Uncle Grandpa short was probably one of my favorite entries from their 2009 competition (Regular Show won) but Secret Mountain Fort Awesome was pretty underwhelming and none of the other talent have made anything really great since then.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
There was a second Uncle Grandpa short made. It's on youtube.

I like that it exists. There aren't enough rowdy rambunctious cartoons doing impossible things. I'm not sure how it could sustain a series, though, if every episode has the structure of the two shorts.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I wasn't that big a fan of the Uncle Grandpa shorts, honestly, but they were okay as far as shorts go. But I have no idea how that idea would sustain an entire series. I wish them the best though.

The other one sounds pretty great, but that's because I am admittedly a total sucker for superhero shows.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Does this mean Rebecca Sugar (and Rebecca Sugar's songs) are gonna leave Adventure Time? :ohdear:

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TwoPair posted:

I wasn't that big a fan of the Uncle Grandpa shorts, honestly, but they were okay as far as shorts go. But I have no idea how that idea would sustain an entire series. I wish them the best though.

Actually, as cartoon series ideas go it seems rather solid to me. It's got a simple elevator pitch: Uncle Grandpa is everyone's uncle and grandpa and he visits a different family each episode, and during this visit anything can happen. It's a solid idea that kids will get that they can fit Peter Browngardt's art into. I kinda wonder why they made Secret Mountain Fort Awesome before this show, as that one didn't have nearly as good a hook.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

Variety has an artical on the changes CN is making content wise.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

quote:

In another sign of changing times, "Steven Universe" marks the first Cartoon series created by a femme in the cabler's 20-year history.
Wait, I thought Adventure Time (and Juniper Lee and Atomic Betty) was created by a woman?

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

Cliff Racer posted:

Wait, I thought Adventure Time (and Juniper Lee and Atomic Betty) was created by a woman?

Nope. Adventure Time was made by Pen Ward. Sugar's a storyboarder for the show. You might be thinking about Natasha Allegri, a designer and board revisionist for the show (who incidentally, is getting a show on Frederator's Cartoon Hangover web channel). Those other two shows are also by fellas.

Vaerai Archon posted:

Also "that show that we should not name".

Different channel. :v:

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Cliff Racer posted:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Vaerai Archon posted:

You could stealth that and just say Powerpuff Girls because she did that too. Also you can say My Little Pony in this thread. Just basically nowhere else on SA.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

IRQ posted:

You could stealth that and just say Powerpuff Girls because she did that too. Also you can say My Little Pony in this thread. Just basically nowhere else on SA.

That was a Craig McCracken developed show. Lauren Faust worked on it, but she wasn't a creator or showrunner.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

IRQ posted:

She wasn't the series front runner though, was she? That was Craig McCracken.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Not that it even matters, as that is HUB, not Cartoon Network.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Magnus Condomus posted:

She wasn't the series front runner though, was she? That was Craig McCracken.

Oh ok, I always thought she was the one behind it. I never liked it much.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

IRQ posted:

Oh ok, I always thought she was the one behind it. I never liked it much.

Yeah, McCracken was Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. Lauren Faust is his wife; he based Frankie from Foster's Home on her.

Neither of the previous two sentences have enriched your life in any meaningful way.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Just watched that Uncle Grandpa short. Wasn't digging it all that much for the first half or so, but then after he flushed the toilet and it suddenly became apparent that I was watching Cartoon Cartoon Doctor Who, it grew on me substantially. I mean, wow, lot of parallels there. I could watch a show like that. Give him a companion 'cause you need more than one character, cycle them out every so often, could be fun.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I picked up the El Tigre season 1 collection since it finally dropped to below $40 bucks on amazon and guess what? It's actually the complete series labeled as a season; 52 episodes on 6 discs. I was not expecting that, explains the price though.

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Sep 16, 2012

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Why the gently caress did Dexter's Lab have not one but two creepy foot fetish episiodes? Was it just a more innocent time for everyone involved? Or has the internet just ruined me?

Pfefferbao
Jun 1, 2011
You've been ruined.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Farbtoner posted:

Why the gently caress did Dexter's Lab have not one but two creepy foot fetish episiodes? Was it just a more innocent time for everyone involved? Or has the internet just ruined me?

I remember the one with the gnomes, but what's the other one?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The one where Deedee befriends Bigfoot?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Dr Christmas posted:

The one where Deedee befriends Bigfoot?

His name is Sassy and you will address him as such :colbert:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Farbtoner is not going to like the comments on this Dexter's Lab clip (the Sassy episode).
http://youtu.be/wKbR7N_kG90

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Kick Buttowski seems average to me and I don't usually watch it because of that, but Tony Reali (host of Around the Horn on ESPN and one of the few personalities on that network I actually like) is doing voicework for the new episode tomorrow playing Rock Callahan's nemesis. Because Callahan is voiced by Dwight Howard, naturally Reali framed it as "Reali vs. Howard."

I think I'm the only person who's going to watch that episode because it was promoted on Around the Horn.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

As far as I'm concerned, this is canon for both cartoons.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The Amazing World of Gumball just has so much effort put into its animation. This show is amazing.

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

The MSJ posted:

Farbtoner is not going to like the comments on this Dexter's Lab clip (the Sassy episode).
http://youtu.be/wKbR7N_kG90

You're right.

I don't like this one bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX_hvrVOeI4

:supaburn:

Recycle Bin
Feb 7, 2001

I'd rather be a pig than a fascist
The new Ninja Turtles premiers this Saturday at 11. You should all go see it, because it's awesome, and I worked on it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Good news everyone, starting next week Toonami is going to be airing Sym-bionic Titan and the new Thundercats.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Has the new Thundercats been cancelled already? I didn't even ever know what time it came on.

Recycle Bin posted:

The new Ninja Turtles premiers this Saturday at 11. You should all go see it, because it's awesome, and I worked on it.

It really was a lot better than I was expecting from the promos. The only things I thought were weird was how they go all no-pupils when they're fighting, and that Raphael's voice was coming out of Donatello.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

raditts posted:

Has the new Thundercats been cancelled already? I didn't even ever know what time it came on.

I believe it just wasn't renewed instead of an announcement about being canceled. So technically it wasn't canceled and maybe the fact that they're making a big deal about adding it to a block is a good sign?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

muscles like this? posted:

Good news everyone, starting next week Toonami is going to be airing Sym-bionic Titan and the new Thundercats.

I hope this means Blu-Ray/DVD releases for both series.. :ohdear: