Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Staub to the bench, let's see what...Beltran can do.

New rotation:
Brown
Martinez
Santana
Falkenberg
Cone (:argh:)

Oranges in the market for left-handed reliever. Willing to rent self out as hired gun in challenge in exchange for one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
Cultists Challenge for Paul Molitor, because what we need is more slap hitters

Is Jim Rice, Ray Collins, and Kiki Cuyler enough?

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Cultists Challenge for Paul Molitor, because what we need is more slap hitters

Is Jim Rice, Ray Collins, and Kiki Cuyler enough?

Why do you need Paul Molitor? I mean, I'm not sure I want to do that much extra work so you can have an extra player in your minors you never use.

Where are you going to play him? At DH? He's not moving Foxx or Hornsby off that spot. At 3B? He shouldn't move Santo off that spot, especially given that Molitor is pretty shaky defensively. At 2B? You already have Sandberg and Hornsby, and, in fact, you just traded Whitaker because you didn't have room for him? In the Outfield? He's not really an outfielder, and Walker and Speaker are clearly better. Do you move him in for Riggs Stephenson? Well, maybe, but he's really not a corner outfielder. For the bench? Well, you've only got one free spot because of your platoons, and it's being held by Nomar, who probably is more deserving of the spot, at the very least because he's can play a credible SS if and when Banks' knees disintegrate.

So, basically, there's no good reason to get Molitor other than to stockpile a player for your minors. Are you really going to make me go through all of this effort just for that?

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Why do you need Paul Molitor? I mean, I'm not sure I want to do that much extra work so you can have an extra player in your minors you never use.

Where are you going to play him? At DH? He's not moving Foxx or Hornsby off that spot. At 3B? He shouldn't move Santo off that spot, especially given that Molitor is pretty shaky defensively. At 2B? You already have Sandberg and Hornsby, and, in fact, you just traded Whitaker because you didn't have room for him? In the Outfield? He's not really an outfielder, and Walker and Speaker are clearly better. Do you move him in for Riggs Stephenson? Well, maybe, but he's really not a corner outfielder. For the bench? Well, you've only got one free spot because of your platoons, and it's being held by Nomar, who probably is more deserving of the spot, at the very least because he's can play a credible SS if and when Banks' knees disintegrate.

So, basically, there's no good reason to get Molitor other than to stockpile a player for your minors. Are you really going to make me go through all of this effort just for that?

I was going to take a precaution prior to getting my fingers burnt with a 4 star challenge. Also he's a better backup at CF than anything I have. Unless you like Kik Cuyler. Okay I guess you have a point!

Challenge for '90 Randy Johnson instead. I know his weird in the SL and super inconsistent, but I really like him and he can replace Curt Schilling at best and Ray loving Collins at worst.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Sep 30, 2012

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

I was going to take a precaution prior to getting my fingers burnt with a 4 star challenge. Also he's a better backup at CF than anything I have. Unless you like Kik Cuyler. Okay I guess you have a point!

Challenge for '62 Gaylord Perry instead. He can replace Curt Schilling at best and Ray loving Collins at worst.

Molitor can't really play center field, either. He played there for 44 games one year, and then never again. And seeing as the only other center fielder the Brewers had back then was Gorman Thomas, who wasn't exactly a defensive ace to begin with. So, that was a bad plan.

Now, as for Perry, well, I don't know that you're really better off with him than Ray Collins.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Molitor can't really play center field, either. He played there for 44 games one year, and then never again. And seeing as the only other center fielder the Brewers had back then was Gorman Thomas, who wasn't exactly a defensive ace to begin with. So, that was a bad plan.

Now, as for Perry, well, I don't know that you're really better off with him than Ray Collins.

What about Randy Johnson?

I know the game mysteriously thinks that Ray Collins is a great pitcher, perhaps the second greatest left hander of his era, but I dunno. I think he needs more infield defence than I actually have. Robin Roberts platoon splits scare me.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Let's be realistic. You want to really improve your team, you're going to need to make a four or five star challenge. Anything less than that is not going to be worth the risk.

And, I should also point out that do to logistical concerns, as well as my fear of some sort cascade effect, that you must make challenges using only your opening day roster.

If you really want to waste my time be stockpiling low-tier players for resale, that's fine, you're technically allowed to do it, but it's probably not going to be as helpful as you think in the end.

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!

Oh, how I wish Jon Matlack being this fantastic was sustainable. Still nice to see, though. Yount, on the other hand, needs to stop putting up Peckinpaugh-esque numbers, or else I'll have to waste even more depth/risk a challenge to fill in at SS.

I see Burgess needs some rest. Have Sundberg start at catcher for the Unspecifieds series, batting eighth. Upon the conclusion of the series, revert the lineup to its current form. Oh, and knock my pitching through trouble slider down to +3.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

: You know, you figure anything that would potentially lead to less work for Smasher would make him sound somewhat thrilled.

: Who cares? We got a nice big bat that we need, and he has good defense! It's a win-win situation all around!

:respek::respek::respek:: FOUR WAY FIST BUMP!!

: Now that's not very nice.

: Business is business, and let's get right down to business. Robinson Cano is on our main roster, obviously, and Tony Fernandez gets sent down to AAA for now. Ken Williams is back in the lineup after filling in, doing well despite getting benched!

Lineups:

vs. left handed pitchers (no DH)

1) SS Troy Tulowitzki
2) 1B George Sisler
3) RF Al Kaline
4) LF Matt Holliday
5) 2B Robinson Cano
6) CF Indian Bob Johnson
7) 3B Buddy Bell
8) C Ernie Whitt
9) Pitching Spot

vs. right handed pitchers (no DH)

1) 1B George Sisler
2) 2B Robinson Cano
3) CF Indian Bob Johnson
4) LF Ken Williams
5) RF Al Kaline
6) SS Troy Tulowitzki
7) C Ernie Whitt
8) 3B Rance Mulliniks
9) Pitching Spot

vs. left handed pitchers (DH)

1) SS Troy Tulowitzki
2) 1B George Sisler
3) RF Al Kaline
4) DH George Bell
5) 2B Robinson Cano
6) CF Indian Bob Johnson
7) LF Matt Holliday
8) 3B Buddy Bell
9) C Ernie Whitt

vs. right handed pitchers (DH)

1) 1B George Sisler
2) 2B Robinson Cano
3) CF Indian Bob Johnson
4) LF Ken Williams
5) RF Al Kaline
6) SS Troy Tulowitzki
7) DH Matt Holliday
8) C Ernie Whitt
9) 3B Rance Mulliniks

: We were going to do a ***** challenge for Babe Ruth, but in a brief moment of kindness, we changed our minds.

: More like a brief moment of sanity. We ain't beating the Skyhawks or the Doppel-Bangers right now.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Hershiser in for Smokey Joe. Swap Hiller and Holly at SR/MR. It's tradition.

Is Furillo being used as a defensive replacement frequently?

Can I say I really like the Don Slaught conceit? I only wish the Gumshoes were better.

After the Bobbleheads took the Babe in a challenge, it was fated they should win the Championship. I must match their feat once again, it seems. Who wants to see the Comanchero-style Williams-Bonds-Ruth outfield? Eh? Ehh? Let me get my collateral together.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Wow, those are some bad goddamn rolls. OK, Carl Mays in for Ruffing, who moves to long relief. Apparently '64 Richie Allen is doomed - send him down and call up A-Gon to be a lefty bat off the bench.

My bullpen is certainly a thing, isn't it? And it was so good last year.

Edit so as not to triple-post:

Considering our traditional elite pitcher injury, we wish to Challenge for ***'50 Robin Roberts. I'll proffer Vladdy, Don Mincher, and, oh, Vicente Padilla as collateral. Mr. Neo-Eephus was actually a second-round pick for me once, so, there's that.

Last season, I failed in my three-star challenge and succeeded in fours and fives. Let's hope for total success this time.

The Merry Marauder fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Sep 30, 2012

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Dynamo League Week 5 Injury Report

No new champions

Burma Imperialists
Rawly Eastwick (RP) (Yellow Fever) - 118 days

Dubai Dervishes
Wes Ferrell (SP) (Swallowed by Empty Quarter) - 25 days

Lombard St. Gumshoes
Brian Downing (C) (It was raining that night, and miserably cold, much too cold for this time of the year. A man was lying in the alleyway, half dead. Someone had wanted him out of the picture for a long time, and they get their wish. Brian Downing wasn't going to play another game for a long time. My name is Don Slaught, P.I., and I was the new starting catcher for the Gumshoes...) - 16 days

Poughkeepsie Superbas
Ian Kinsler (2B) (Mill Accident) - 59 days

Rochester Generics
Barry Bonds (LF) (The Good News) - 8 days
Luke Appling (SS) (The Bad New) - Out for Season

Second City Saints
Heath Bell (RP) (Fed to the Ryback) - 30 days

St. Paul Bearers
Lance Berkman (RF) (Fled to Cayman Islands) - Out for Season

Viscount Slim
Mar 9, 2012

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Burma Imperialists
Rawly Eastwick (RP) (Yellow Fever) - 118 days

Bollocks. Bullocks, even, this being Burma. I have a lot of spare mediocre starters, and no bullpen depth. General Crowder finished a lot of games, stick him in short relief.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

St. Paul Bearers
Lance Berkman (RF) (Fled to Cayman Islands) - Out for Season

Hell. Well, owners, we can look at whether Bobby Bonds can pull his weight alone in right, or maybe platoon him with Cavvy (Phil Cavaretta). Look into it, for myself, I'd probably at least try the platoon.

We might want to consider pulling Ted Lyons. In favor of Passeau, more time for Schilling/Warneke, or trading Bagwell/Lofton or someone for a spare starter is up to the ownership.

Beet
Aug 24, 2003

Well, poo poo. I mean, I knew eventually someone was going to sustain a meaningful injury. I suppose I should consider myself lucky it was only my 5th starter. In the meantime, put Gary Nolan in the vacated 5th spot and send Wes Ferrell to the minors to recover. Also, I've noticed that Johnny Bench is tired and Gene Tenace doesn't seem to have played any innings in the field yet. Since I apparently failed to specify, make Gene Tenace personal catcher for Roy Oswalt.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

There will be an update tonight, it'll just be a later.

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012
Using intelligence guided by experience since 1934.
/\ Rodgers seems to have it well in hand. And hasn't New Orleans had enough done to it, Commissar?

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Dubai Dervishes
Wes Ferrell (SP) (Swallowed by Empty Quarter) - 25 days

Haha, nice one.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Lombard St. Gumshoes
Brian Downing (C) (It was raining that night, and miserably cold, much too cold for this time of the year. A man was lying in the alleyway, half dead. Someone had wanted him out of the picture for a long time, and they get their wish. Brian Downing wasn't going to play another game for a long time. My name is Don Slaught, P.I., and I was the new starting catcher for the Gumshoes...) - 16 days

It was inevitable, wasn't it?

factorialite
Mar 3, 2008

by Lowtax

Smasher Dynamo posted:

There will be an update tonight, it'll just be a later.

Your 3 readers must be waiting with bated breath

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

factorialite posted:

Your 3 readers must be waiting with bated breath

I gained a reader? Awesome!

Also, it's not Packers-related, it's bar-related.

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Luna Landers
Gabby Hartnett (C) (Condemned by Priests of Syrinx) - 15 days

Oh, right, I should probably do something about this, huh?

Hartnett to the DL, Munson in as the starter, call up Lollar to be the backup.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Smasher Dynamo posted:

I gained a reader? Awesome!

Also, it's not Packers-related, it's bar-related.

What, did you get too drunk? :v:

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
HEY EVERYBODY!

Congratulate Smasher on passing the bar exam, or I'll pester you all with trade offers until you die.

Way to go, Smasher! :toot:

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Yay Smasher!

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Well done, mate.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
Nice one lad!

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
Good work Smasher. Now I know who to hit up for advice next year

TKBomber7285
Feb 20, 2011
Congratulations on passing the bar.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Congrats Smasher on passing the bar.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Welcome to the worst employment climate for the legal profession since the government started tracking these stats!

(I kid, congratulations!)

Rochester Generics
Whelp, let's pull Dykstra and put Finley back in. I dunno what else there is to do without risking talent I don't have on challenges I can't win.

St. Paul Bearers
Let's do the RF platoon and let's ride out the other change for another week, the least of which is because I simply can't muster the energy to figure out if it's a good idea.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Congrats Smasher! :dance: :woop: :toot:

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!
Well done Smasher, congratulations!

Daydreamers

Bad rotation? Unfazed by the curse of the 90s Braves? Simply want a player with the letter Z in their name? Then I have a like new '93 John Smoltz ready to sell to you for any reasonable offer!

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
Hey, congratulations Smasher! That's really great!

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Welcome to the Dark Side, Smasher.

gingemidget posted:

Bad rotation? Unfazed by the curse of the 90s Braves? Simply want a player with the letter Z in their name? Then I have a like new '93 John Smoltz ready to sell to you for any reasonable offer!

The Phoenixes are prepared to offer you your choice of Chrises - '06 Chris Young, 117 ERA+, and led the league in fewest hits allowed both that year and the next - his career was later derailed by injury, unfortunately; or '64 Chris Short, pride of Philadelphia, 158 ERA+, 1.020 WHIP, and an excellent 3.55 K/BB.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Thanks for all your well wishes. The only way I can think to pay you all back is using my law license for unmitigated evil.

Super-League VII, Smasher League Week 4: The Super-League Can Never Die, Only Be Forgotten!

Games of the Week

Don May posted:

TED SOX HOLD OFF UNSPEAKABLY EVIL POTATOES

Brookline- In a battle of good vs. evil, the forces of light took the day.

The Potatoes, villainous to the core of their black, black hearts and delighting in the misery they inflict on other certainly had their chances to steal this game. A Guerrero sac fly in the top of the ninth to tie the game and force extra innings. A Billy Martin RBI single in the top of the tenth to take the lead, and then, when that didn't end the game, a two-run home run from Willie McCovey in the top of the eleventh.

But all of it was for naught, as each and every time the Potatoes took a lead, the Ted Sox rallied back each time, and finally pulled off the eleven-inning win by scoring three runs in the bottom of the eleventh to secure the victory. The win puts the Ted Sox back into a half-game lead in the Skyhawks Memorial Division, allowing them to continue their surprising run of success in the Super-League.

Moose, owner of the Ted Sox, put it this way, "The Super-League stands at a crossroads. For too long, we have let this league, this great league, be beholden to entrenched interests. Marauder, BWFC, blakelmenakle. They have held down the common owner for so many seasons, and that has been a great tragedy. But I'm an outsider, an owner dedicated to bringing change to the Super-League. And, with your support, I know that I can change the culture of the Super-League forever. So, when you have to choose which Super-League team you have to support, pick the Ted Sox. Remember, the future is in our hands. My name is Mooseontheloose and I approve this message."

Elsewhere, in the Potatoes' locker room, the entire Potatoes team was unable to answer any questions from reporters as they were engrossed in watching The Cleveland Show and eating a stew that appeared to be made of kittens, stolen security blankets of orphaned children and cilantro, which is generally conceded to be the most evil of seasonings, though it did give the concoction a pleasant aroma.

Box Score

Don May posted:

EMPERORS BECOME FIRST TEAM TO BEAT CULTISTS IN A SERIES

Dunwich- The Cultists won their first six series of the season and so, coming into this three-game set against the Emperors, who the Cultists had already swept two weeks ago, the expectations were that the streak would continue.

But The Thornton Lee would not have it.

The legendary Lee, known to some as the Eye of the Hurricane, threw a complete game today, allowing only one run and seven hits against the Cultists' powerful offense. The Cultists did everything they could against Lee, even trying to take as many pitches as possible in hopes of fatiguing Lee to the point where he would have to be removed from the game. But Lee is made of sterner stuff, as even the 157 pitches he threw in today's game did not seem to cause him any great distress, even if they seemed a bit excessive to some outside observers.

CVE, owner of the Emperors, defended his letting The Thornton Lee pitch so much in today's game, "In my dream last night, Mr. Lee spoke to me. Of course, that goes without saying, as we all know that The Thornton Lee can only speak in dreams, and never in the waking world. He told me that I must put my team's fate in his hands, and that he would deliver us from harm if I did so. While I am not normally a man of such faith, how could I refuse him in such a time? I only hope that this triumph has not done irreversible damage to his pitching arm, for even the finest socialized medicine in Central Europe can do little to repair a torn UCL in under a year."

Cthulhu Dreams was not a believer in The Thornton Lee, "I cannot believe the outcome of this game. I have run innumerable simulations, I have done the research. There is no way that Thornton Lee, a mediocre pitcher from a mediocre era, should have been able to be this devastating against my team. Have you seen his K/9 rate? This is impossible! No, I won't accept it! I won't! I demand a re-do! This isn't right! This isn't riiiiiiiiiiiight!" Cthulhu Dreams then began convulsing on the floor of the room, as if his very being could not tolerate the outcome of the game.

Box Score

Don May posted:

SUPERSTARS AMBUSH MATHEMATICIANS 5-0

Toronto- The Superstars are a one-trick pony, but it's a good trick.

The Superstars can hit. They can't really field, and their most consistent pitcher is probably Pete Alexander, who's almost 40 years old. But they can hit.

Whether or not the Superstars are going to be able to coast on their offense alone is unclear, the Super-League has not traditionally been kind to hitting-first teams, with the Bobbleheads being the only Super-League champion that had less than an elite rotation.

Then again, seeing as to become champions, the Superstars would have to surpass three teams owned by its shareholders, maybe that's not the point of this venture. For example, would CthulhuDreams really help the Superstars succeed in a close race against his own Cultists? Would The Goog help the Superstars if he thought they were a probably first-round opponent of his Mooglies?

These are real questions, and it seems likely that matters will come to a head at some point, with the Mooglies, Superstars and Cultists are in the same conference.

Still, at the moment, the Superstars' owners can bask in the afterglow of an easy 5-0 win that was largely made possible through the controversial acquisition of the venerable Pete Alexander, previously ace of the Phantoms and, more famously, the three-time champion Skyhawks, who pitched a six-hit shutout for the win.

Mathematcians' owner Revenant Threshold put it best when he said, "This was a mildly disappointed outcome to a gain that will possibly, though not likely, materially alter the outcome of the season."

Box Score

Numbers!

Analysis

So, uh...stop using Eddie Cicotte before you get your team killed, okay? I mean, you have Mussina who's been good for you, you have Schmidt who's been okay for you, you even have Zito who has had his moments. Just replace Cicotte with one of them and you'll be better off.

Analysis

Definitely trending upward as the Emperors win series against two division leaders in the same week. As usual with your team, I think some patience is in order, especially with Simmons still on the mend.

Analysis

McGwire is only hitting .139, but that fits right in with him essentially being the proto-Dunn. Belle can't be this bad for much long, can he?

Analysis

Slowly, slowly, slowly pulling themselves together.

Analysis

I think this is as good as Jim Delhanty is going to get, which is my way of saying that unless Ryan Braun can play 2B, I think you have bigger challenge targets.

Analysis

Ervin Santana was never, ever, ever going to work.

Analysis

The Chuck Knoblauch experience has not been kind to the Juggernauts.

Analysis

That's a lot of power in a lineup.

Analysis

Things have taken a grim turn in Madison.

Analysis

I just noticed you have a decided lack of position players at your disposal. That's not a problem now, but it's not hard to see how it could be.

Analysis

Lincecum having a bad year? Man, Mogul is more realistic than ever!

Analysis

So, how's HoJo doing at short? Well, it doesn't look good, does it?

Analysis

How durable are the starters of the Cultists? Curt Schilling only has one start in almost a month worth of games.

Analysis

I'm skeptical that Gibson is really the answer at DH.

Analysis

I'm not sure how long you can keep this pace up, but it's been a fun ride, at least.

Analysis

That bullpen is somewhere between a disaster and a horrible disaster.

Standings and Leaders

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

gingemidget posted:

Why not add some deadball to your life? The Great Googly-Mooglies are currently overstocked in 1911 Chief Benders, and we want to pass the savings on to you!

For your '93 Smoltz and just a second-round pick in the Super Draft, you can have a guy coming off of two seasons where he combined for 500 (!) IP and an ERA+ of 148. In 1911 itself, Bender put up a 145 ERA+, and did it while giving up two--TWO--home runs in over 200 innings.

Chief Bender's a Hall of Famer, and in 1911 he's in his prime. Young and Short, no offense to Marauder, simply can't measure up.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.

My stats pics are all sorts of hosed up. Who is Guy Kramer and why is he playing at all in my lineup? Why is Mantle at 1B instead of in CF? Guillen is a backup, he shouldn't be starting over Whitaker at 2B.

As for pitching, yank Boddicker to LR and replace him with Summers. Guy's dealing right now and it'd be a shame not to take advantage.

Also, I think I'm taking some extra losses 'cause of these drafted players somehow getting inserted into my lineup. If they have stats, they've been playing when they shouldn't be.

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!

As entertaining as Cicotte's been for the fans, I believe it's time to see what old man Mussina brings to the table this season. Oh, and should probably give Andruw Jones some steroids-enhanced beer.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Rated R Superstars

This bullpen situation is...Lord, it's awful. Holy loving God it's awful. We need to make a change. We only have one guy in the minors, but we're going to have to call him up. And to see whose place he'll take, we turn to the Wheel of Morality Mediocrity!

Wheel of Mediocrity, turn turn turn; tell us the pitcher that we should burn...

2009 Jason Motte replaces 2006 Brandon League on the roster and in the bullpen.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

: Smasher might be done with the bar, but not with challenges! The Goose Eggs are going to use a *-challenge on Jesse Orosco by wagering Tom Morgan and a ratings challenge. Frank Lary shall take Tom Morgan's spot in the bullpen

Also we'd rather see Frank Tanana get more starts than Doug Fister right now. Swap Tanana with Fister in the rotation if possible. Man what happened to you Doug Fister?

Armitage fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Oct 1, 2012

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

cbx

Nah, it's just a glitch, no filler players are being used. And seeing as you're in first place despite having Boddicker and Key at the bottom of your rotation, I'm not sure I buy your argument that you're losing more games than you should.

Armitage

Tom Morgan and a ratings challenge? Come on, man, you know that's way too light for a challenge!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Congratulations on the bar exam Smasher, hopefully the power doesn't rush to your head.

The Cultists Make Some Changes

Right, guys, good work so far this month. Last two series are a bit unfortunate, but it had to happen so far. Particularly Mathewson: Holy poo poo son, your pitching is leading the league, and so good it's making the team lead the league.

To reward dedication to pitching all the innings, and presumably all the screwballs, we're going to change our rotation

Mathewson
Carlton
Johnson
Martinez
Schilling

However, I suspect Mathewson cannot keep this up so let's Knock down the start on short rest slider 1 notch. I'm worried my starters are going to die.

However, while the pitching is exceeding expectations, what the gently caress are my hitters doing? Ernie banks! You're not loving Mendoza, and while the unexpected plus defence is warmly appreciated, hit above .193! And mash some taters!

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Oct 2, 2012