Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR
Hallelujah. http://www.digitaltrends.com/photography/normalize-app-lets-you-uninstagram-a-picture/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Eh I almost always shoot hipstamatic with my phone, normal with my s95. But I might grab it when it is free.

ThisQuietReverie
Jul 22, 2004

I am not as I was.

This Just In: Man Nuts by thisquietreverie, on Flickr

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

Took this a few minutes ago with my iPhone 4S. Ominous cloud cover over NC.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Thunderheads are loving awesome when you can get a line of sight on them.

Not sure what kind of conditions make them favorable.. storms are common, but having enough clear skies around to be able to see the full tower is pretty rare. Anecdotally, I think they are more common in the rocky mountain states.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

IMG_1090-2 by lwmyers, on Flickr

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Pez posted:

Where in NC?

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

QPZIL posted:

Where in NC?

Roanoke Rapids. On I-95 just south of VA

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I was quite happy with the camera in my S2 LTE, merrily shooting poo poo like this:

...and somehow a loving spot has gotten into the sealed lens compartment. I have no idea what to do to clean it. Maybe a cellphone repair place can get at it. It barely seems worth it with access to better small cameras, but ... the best camera is the one you have on you...

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Texas hill county sky, as seen by an Olympus XA by lwmyers, on Flickr

ThisQuietReverie
Jul 22, 2004

I am not as I was.
Swankolab of all things got an update today after like two years. New chemicals and 8mp output and the ability to preview exactly what chemicals will do to your image. The formula book is still there but there is a new cart like what Hipstamatic has with some chemicals marked as "coming soon". It looks like they are honoring the lifetime updates if you bought into that "Uncle Stu's supply catalog" thing as everything listed including the upcoming ones has "Mine" listed at the bottom.

Just a heads up if anybody here had ever bought this thing.

Clown
Mar 4, 2004
Rent this space!

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

ipad-havers, have a poke at Photo Ultra FX !! while it's free.

Ok, not a great name but the app isn't too bad if you want lots of presets to fiddle with.

http://appshopper.com/photography/photo-fx-ultra

About the only thing I can't figure is how to commit a filter / change, so I'm just making a new layer for each editing step; if you can enlighten me, please do so :o:

ThisQuietReverie
Jul 22, 2004

I am not as I was.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

ipad-havers, have a poke at Photo Ultra FX !! while it's free.

Ok, not a great name but the app isn't too bad if you want lots of presets to fiddle with.

http://appshopper.com/photography/photo-fx-ultra

About the only thing I can't figure is how to commit a filter / change, so I'm just making a new layer for each editing step; if you can enlighten me, please do so :o:

I gave this a whirl and as far as I can discern, making a new layer is the proper way of doing things.

Thrift Store Torpor by thisquietreverie, on Flickr

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

OK, iPhone 5;

* Same 8-megapixels 3,264 x 2,448 res
* Backside-illuminated sensor
* Five-element lens
* f/2.4 aperture
* Two stops better low-light performance
* Better NR
* 40% faster shooting

Plus a built in 'just works' panorama mode...

Considering my 4S is my pocketphone for 90% of my impulse pics and I cam probably flip my current phone for a decent slice of the cost, I'm tempted :o:

<edit> Sample photos:

http://www.petapixel.com/2012/09/12/check-out-these-full-res-sample-photos-shot-using-the-new-iphone-5

As with the rest of the internet; dooonnn't reeadd the commmeennttsss

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Sep 13, 2012

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Perhaps this just reveals how much of a clueless tool I am, but what possible use is a light behind the sensor? Or is it just an unfortunately named tech?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

xzzy posted:

Perhaps this just reveals how much of a clueless tool I am, but what possible use is a light behind the sensor? Or is it just an unfortunately named tech?

Unfortunate naming, mostly:

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/8956810349/backside-illuminated-image-sensors-what-are-they

not nearly as exciting as it sounds :o:

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Untitled by lwmyers, on Flickr

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Pez posted:

I love cloud pictures but the nexus S has a completely loving garbage camera and i'm always in a terrible position to take a picture

BreakingDolphins
Sep 20, 2012

Took this with my Htc one x

goattrails
Nov 27, 2009

Ride the frog, baby!

Sometimes one hood ornament isn't enough!

ThisQuietReverie
Jul 22, 2004

I am not as I was.

Vend-A-Horror by thisquietreverie, on Flickr

Clown
Mar 4, 2004
Rent this space!

A couple from this evening.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

IMG_1938 by dtloken, on Flickr

Playing with the auto-panorama mode in iOS6 on my 4S.

birds
Jun 28, 2008

I love iOS 6's Panorama. I'll probably take my DSLR to Bangkok with me but if I didn't, this would be more than serviceable.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Olloclip status: still stupidly fun

8028662426_eba0d682c9_o-2 by lwmyers, on Flickr

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
Here's some more iPhone 4S photos taken with the stock app, unedited, that I've counted myself lucky to capture:

Spider 1 on my back deck, during the daylight:

Spider 1 at night with flash, same day:

Spider 2 on my backyard gate, same evening as above:

Spider 2, a few weeks later:

Spider 3, only shot I could get before it hid in the tree:

Edit: Must say they are a lot of fun to take, as I have to get the lens within an inch or two. I've been lucky so far to be on the "far side" of these webs.

Kenny Logins fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Oct 1, 2012

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Fullsize is huge, so click for bigger, if you want, I guess:

Dodger game vs Rockies yesterday.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Kenny Logins posted:

Edit: Must say they are a lot of fun to take, as I have to get the lens within an inch or two. I've been lucky so far to be on the "far side" of these webs.

You should try and get the other side of the web, some spiders have fantastic markings:

spindeln by NoneMoreNegative, on Flickr

Not a phone pic, but I think the old Point&Shoot I used at my folks is less specced than a phone cam - I had to light this with a LED torch as the flash was too far off to one side of the camera body :o:

Also; from about a half-hour ago

Visitor in the bathroom by NoneMoreNegative, on Flickr

Dem hairs :3:

thankyousorry
Sep 16, 2010
Hipstamatic has a multiexposure add-on now. It works well....

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?
What do you guys suggest to be the fastest and easiest way to transfer photos from the iphone to the ipad? Wirelessly if possible.

I just got an iPhone this morning and have gone on an app spree.

ThisQuietReverie
Jul 22, 2004

I am not as I was.

AIIAZNSK8ER posted:

What do you guys suggest to be the fastest and easiest way to transfer photos from the iphone to the ipad? Wirelessly if possible.

I plug my phone into the computer and pull down photos through explorer and sort them into folders. Point iTunes at the folders and tell it to sync them, they'll show up as albums on whatever device you want. I don't know about wirelessly, your photostreams will sync wirelessly but are at a fixed, reduced resolution. iTunes will also reduce the resolution when you sync albums through it. If I need to work with full size files I use Dropbox or download them through Safari (as in tap on image and Save As).

What did you get?

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
Does dropbox work differently on the iphone than on android? I just installed the app and pointed it at my camera roll and set it to auto sync whenever my phone is on wifi. Automated dogge pics on my laptop, no wires, no waiting.

widunder
May 2, 2002
Not amazing by any means, but I enjoyed bringing my iPhone to my friend's show

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

AIIAZNSK8ER posted:

I might be wrong but I think that functionality is built into the Photo Stream feature? I don't have an iPad but my iPhone photos automatically end up in a folder on my PC's desktop within an hour or so of being taken.

hypersleep
Sep 17, 2011

I really like Autumn. iPhone 4.

ThisQuietReverie
Jul 22, 2004

I am not as I was.

Crush The Baby by thisquietreverie, on Flickr

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

The app "Pointillism" is currently a freebie on the App Store, worth a look if you dig heavily-stylised two-tone images :)

http://appshopper.com/photography/pointillist

Pointillism App - Missy by NoneMoreNegative, on Flickr

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Oct 28, 2012

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Last beer in the fridge by NoneMoreNegative, on Flickr

The worst view :o:

Adbot