Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
An update or two late, but ha:

Why is it so easy to imagine John being unironically super invested in yugioh? (because breath players are humongous dorks is why)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
That's a pretty neat power to have.

I wasn't expecting to see Rose there! Since she has her god tier outfit, presumably this is actually her and not some memory projection. I guess Jack might take off again while John is distracted talking to her, or something.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Wait, I know nothing bad will actually happen, but, Rose is in very real danger here isn't she? I mean unless she's dreaming, but if she's there because the meteor is passing through the dream bubble she is very very susceptible to Jack's stabbing tendencies.

e: v Oh right, forgot about that. Still if Rose is here, then so is everyone else...

YF-23 fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Oct 2, 2012

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

YF-23 posted:

Wait, I know nothing bad will actually happen, but, Rose is in very real danger here isn't she? I mean unless she's dreaming, but if she's there because the meteor is passing through the dream bubble she is very very susceptible to Jack's stabbing tendencies.

But that wouldn't be very heroic or just, would it?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

YF-23 posted:

It'd be pretty hilarious if the meteor was actually there and Jack was right in its path. Carapace roadkill.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Jack and PM are flying in the wake of the meteor, they can't catch up because they can only go as fast as the meteor, not faster.

Rose is likely sleeping.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Oh right! This is a big deal because Rose is on the asteroid and John is on the ship, right?

I have no idea where anyone is in relation to anyone else anymore.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Akett posted:

Jack and PM are flying in the wake of the meteor, they can't match its speed.

Jack flew into the dream bubble, and PM followed him. It's very possible that they got off course and that they're now in the meteor's path. (Because furthest ring is weird etc etc blah blah blah)

EDIT: Actually...it looks like she's sitting right there on the meteor. Or something. Maybe it's just a gray chunk of rock.

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Oct 2, 2012

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Zutaten posted:

So apparently CNN's 'geekout' column has an article on Homestuck. It's rather well written and I enjoyed it. Just... just don't read the comments.

God, I'm really kind of dreading Homestuck becoming popular in the mainstream and being really widely known. It's on the verge of it now, and I know it's inevitable with the game coming out, but it's just gonna be loving insufferable.

I think I've turned into an angsty hipster. At least as far as homestuck goes.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The Dark Gods are gonna put the meteor (and Jack and PM for that matter) where they want to, because they control how space and time work in the Furthest Ring. If they have some purpose in putting Rose (who is still buddy-buddy with them, isn't she?), John, Jack and PM in the same place, they're gonna go for it. Whether or not the meteor is ahead of Jack and PM or not has astoundingly little to do with that.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Color Printer posted:

It'd be pretty hilarious if the meteor was actually there and Jack was right in its path. Carapace roadkill.

If it hit Jack it'd also hit John. I'm not sure where "hilarious" deaths rank on the just/heroic meter.

Akett posted:

Jack and PM are flying in the wake of the meteor, they can't catch up because they can only go as fast as the meteor, not faster.

It's technically possible because time and space work really weird in the Furthest Ring. Even if you're going in a straight line it's possibly to be suddenly going the wrong away, and even possibly run into and collide with your future self. So I wouldn't be surprised if the meteor did end up behind the Dog Tiers at some point, although nobody would have noticed at the time.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Feranon posted:

I think I've turned into an angsty hipster. At least as far as homestuck goes.

I've been an angry MSPA hipster forever because I was around when Jailbreak was a thread on his weird forum. poo poo, I was around when he drew some weird clown art that eventually morphed into Whistles.

It's better this way, everyone else who likes the things you like are idiots and like it for the wrong reasons.

I am suddenly incredibly invested in the next few updates because non-crazy Rose/John conversations are some of the sweetest.

Midnight Raider posted:

If it hit Jack it'd also hit John. I'm not sure where "hilarious" deaths rank on the just/heroic meter.

The clock opens up and starts spewing confetti everywhere.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
This entire sequence has been so great.

Midnight Raider posted:

It's technically possible because time and space work really weird in the Furthest Ring. Even if you're going in a straight line it's possibly to be suddenly going the wrong away, and even possibly run into and collide with your future self. So I wouldn't be surprised if the meteor did end up behind the Dog Tiers at some point, although nobody would have noticed at the time.

I thought Rose's god-tier Seer of Light powers (combined with her rapport with the horrorterrors) let her make a trajectory that avoided anything like that.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

VJeff posted:

"Too bad for you, Jack, I ate the Kaze Kaze no Mi." :smug:

I like all the parts of this comic that have Rose. :allears:

I was gonna make a "Kaze Bushin no Jutsu" joke but I know when I have been beat.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I don't think it matters that Rose is wearing her god tier outfit, as soon as she remembers she is in a dream she probably "becomes" her normal awake self.

But man, what if it was the meteor? And standing behind Rose are a very pissed off Karkat, Kanaya, and Terezi? Posing as a team, of course.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Nate RFB posted:

I don't think it matters that Rose is wearing her god tier outfit, as soon as she remembers she is in a dream she probably "becomes" her normal awake self.

But man, what if it was the meteor? And standing behind Rose are a very pissed off Karkat, Kanaya, and Terezi? Posing as a team, of course.

So... your avatar?

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

AT: uHHH, nO DAD NO!
john: be the air, kill the villain

also rose what the gently caress are you doing there you are ruining johns teen angst driven hate murderevenge

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

I just realized if the meteor really is passing through, PM might be able to get on it and be with WV again :unsmith:

Midnight Raider posted:

If it hit Jack it'd also hit John.

Not if he turned into wind again :smug:

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

In honor of Hussie hitting the big 2, this merits re-linking. http://canni8al.tumblr.com/post/30899962752/we-all-know-his-actual-god-tier-is-maid-of-cash

Carrasco posted:

I thought Rose's god-tier Seer of Light powers (combined with her rapport with the horrorterrors) let her make a trajectory that avoided anything like that.

It's letting them get through the Furthers Ring as fast as possible and without crashing into anything, but the journey itself may still involve breaking various laws of physics over it's knee in the process.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I'm fully expecting the next few panels to be Rose straight up dream'killing' John so he wakes up, as she sees that they still need Jack.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
That would be a pretty deudly ball of yarn.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Bell_ posted:

That would be a pretty deudly ball of yarn.
A wicked googly with the yarn. Sportsways, if you will.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
It was great seeing John be deservedly badass, even if it was cut short because I guess here's Rose, gotta react to that.

That's it seeya.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
John, feeling left-out since Jade and Davesprite got together, abandons his fight with Jack and attempts to mack on Rose, so that when he gets back he can claim to Jade that he has a girlfriend. Instead he gets abruptly "woken up" by Kanaya's chainsaw.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Zutaten posted:

So apparently CNN's 'geekout' column has an article on Homestuck. It's rather well written and I enjoyed it. Just... just don't read the comments.

quote:

Lauren Orsini is a reporter for the Daily Dot, the hometown newspaper of the World Wide Web

"The hometown newspaper of the world wide web" really feels like a phrase I should be reading over a 56k connection with netscape navigator.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
You can tell by Jack's face that he has just had it up to here with all the weird un-stabbable poo poo going on today.

e: "I stab him and he turns into wind. Is that something kids do now when they get stabbed? I been outta the game a while"

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Oct 2, 2012

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Seoinin posted:

"The hometown newspaper of the world wide web" really feels like a phrase I should be reading over a 56k connection with netscape navigator.

Look at this lameazoid who isn't a naturalized netizen of the information superhighway.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Ammat The Ankh posted:

John, feeling left-out since Jade and Davesprite got together, abandons his fight with Jack and attempts to mack on Rose, so that when he gets back he can claim to Jade that he has a girlfriend. Instead he gets abruptly "woken up" by Kanaya's chainsaw.
THIS IS IT RUNT

HERE'S YER CHANCE

KISS HER

KISS THAT GIRL YOU WIMP

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Oct 2, 2012

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Wasn't Jade supposed to give John a message from Rose in response to that "haha an alien says we should get married!" comment? We never did find out what that was about.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Seoinin posted:

Wasn't Jade supposed to give John a message from Rose in response to that "haha an alien says we should get married!" comment? We never did find out what that was about.

That was Dave, not Jade.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer

Never a wrong time for a good command:HB: Kiss de Girl

Really hoping Rose shoosh-paps John now. It's tough being a kid.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

8ONK.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

The Rose ruse was a....DISTACTION

Beautiful. :allears:

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010
^^^^^^^ :argh:

The dream rose was a distaction. now john has the advantage

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Rose you're the best gay fortune telling traffic cone wizard.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Eyebrow wiggling Rose is the best callback.

Jack looks so betrayed. He stabbed those kids. Stabbed them good. Now they aren't stabbed?

This is bullshit.

EDIT: I thought those faces looked familiar.

life_source fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Oct 2, 2012

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

life_source posted:

Jack looks so betrayed. He stabbed those kids. Stabbed them good. Now they aren't stabbed?

This is bullshit.
He's got a literal eyebrow twitch going on. It's just too much for him!

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I was hoping for that face, but I suppose the scene's not over yet.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I think I'm even more impressed with John's reaction time here. There's his friend he hasn't seen in years! Oh well, she's gone, VRILLYHOO HUNGERS FOR DOG BLOOD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
WHY WON'T THESE KIDS STAY STABBED. STABBING IS A ONE-WAY PROPOSITION, YOU DO NOT SIMPLY RUB DIRT ON IT AND WALK IT OFF.