Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left

Sweet As Sin posted:

This art from From Software really made me think someone there likes Rose.

That's not even a hat anymore, that's a cloth satellite dish hovering behind her head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
2 mil update released, it's 2 random patches added to gamepack 2. And these patches will forever be your OTP, according to the Huss himself. I'm already getting the Slickpack, and I'm not spending another 200 or so dollars to get some patches, so grats to those who are!

Desfore fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Oct 2, 2012

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Desfore posted:

2 mil update released, it's 2 random patches added to gamepack 2. And these patches will forever be your OTP, according to the Huss himself. I'm already getting the Slickpack, and I'm not spending another 200 or so dollars to get some patches, so grats to those who are!

This has the potential to be the greatest ships of all time.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
And for $2.5 mil: "Digital copy of Homestuck included with physical game"

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

FronzelNeekburm posted:

And for $2.5 mil: "Digital copy of Homestuck included with physical game"
This is the weirdest of all the goals. Digital copy of Homestuck? As in, the entire comic on a DVD? What?

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

I guess Jack might take off again while John is distracted talking to her, or something.

Haha, I couldn't have gotten that much wronger. (Without trying, anyway.)

I suppose at this point we can't be sure how hard this is hitting Jack, though John seems to have learned a lot since the last time Jack (successfully) stabbed him and has upgraded his weapon. Jack seems to be on the losing side, anyway, so maybe now he'll try to get out of the bubble.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

What would a copy of sweet bro adn helal Jeff come on?

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.

Ariong posted:

What would a copy of sweet bro adn helal Jeff come on?

Videodisk.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitance_Electronic_Disc

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

DaveKap posted:

This is the weirdest of all the goals. Digital copy of Homestuck? As in, the entire comic on a DVD? What?

poo poo, I want that so bad. It's the whole reason I was going to go with a USB version of the physical game: So hopefully there'd be some leftover space on the drive and I could copy Homestuck on there.

A official, archival copy of Homestuck? Yes, please.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

DaveKap posted:

Why is it weird at all? Since the start, I've been saying that a book version of Homestuck wouldn't work, but a slightly polished-up DVD edition would be perfect. There's a whole raft of things that could be done to make it more interesting, too, like automatically using appropriate soundtrack pieces in the background, a slightly more game-ish looking interface and so on.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
Bah who needs embroidered patches to know my OTP. I'll just assign each patch a number and randomize it.

Kanaya x Kanaya OTP :psyduck:

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
I can't wait to find out what my officially designated OTP is. :allears:

cubivore
Nov 30, 2006

fuck you, got mine

Lord of Laughton posted:

Kanaya x Kanaya OTP :psyduck:

Clearly you got Porrim x Kanaya.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I reeeeally don't think we're gonna crack another 450,000 in the next two days. Even the extended weeks of purchasing with paypal or whatever that is probably won't do it. Getting the last fifth of your funding out of the last two days of thirty strikes me as anomalous.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I get the feeling that Hussie could just start up a kick starter for a "digital release of Homestuck" on its own anyway. I think there would certainly be demand for it.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Dolash posted:

I reeeeally don't think we're gonna crack another 450,000 in the next two days. Even the extended weeks of purchasing with paypal or whatever that is probably won't do it. Getting the last fifth of your funding out of the last two days of thirty strikes me as anomalous.

If hussie had run a Rich Burlew style constant stream of updates and bonuses instead of the trickle he had he'd probably have more than twice what he has now.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The problem is that it's not the developer running the kick starter, it's Hussie who will take the money and go to "someone". The developer can look at their workforce, and actually make some good educated guesses as to what they would be able to do with more or less money. Thus the reward perks and tiers are fairly easy to map out. With Hussie really only attracting people with physical merch, he has to actually make sure the items will be able to exist and whether he will be able to meet the demand of the backers who purchases them. Naturally, this means fewer updates since those can only occur in spurts when he knows for sure he will be able to deliver whatever new perk/tier has been added.

I'm not sure what the best way to go about it was, maybe contracting out the developer out of the gate and have them run the kickstarter? I'm sure Hussie considered that and it just wasn't feasible. Maybe no one would agree without an initial investment, maybe they saw it as too risky. Shrug.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Nate RFB posted:

I get the feeling that Hussie could just start up a kick starter for a "digital release of Homestuck" on its own anyway. I think there would certainly be demand for it.
He'd need to wait a bit so Homestuck fans can accumulate another $2m.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Okay, that's actually a pretty funny new thing, way better than stickers. If i had more money than sense, i'd totally pay to see what my OTP is. (Come ooon, Equius x Dirk)

Kinda hoping those patches end up in the store later on, ideally alongside the scalemates. I wouldn't mind Vriska-ing it up with a Scorpio patch and then being able to explain it away by just telling people that i'm a Scorpio. I could be the Secret Nerd.

Also, Rose's eyebrows continue to be absolutely great.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I would never wear an Aquarius patch because gently caress Eridan and every one of his drat incarnations. :argh:

I actually wanted that print quite a bit, but not enough to pledge for two different tiers. I'd love to pick up a scalemate at a later date.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
The digital copy of Homestuck is going to be a .txt file on a USB with 'mspaintadventures.com' in it. Nothing else.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Cleretic posted:

The digital copy of Homestuck is going to be a .txt file on a USB with 'mspaintadventures.com' in it. Nothing else.

No, you're confusing the digital copy of Homestuck with the digital copy of Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff, which is a DVD containing just over 2 million .txt files, all of which store the phrase "swet bro and holla joff".

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

This is the kind of poo poo that should have been included in Gamepak 2 from the beginning. Literally the only thing Gamepak 2 has in it that separates it from the first is the physical copy of the game and the print, so if you got 2 you were already going to be missing out on all the other goodies the other tiers got. Every other tier is another pack of stuff in addition to Gamepak 1, and since they're above $105 they'd get the print anyway.

So now, with 51 hours to go there's actually have a reason to get Gamepak 2 besides wanting a physical copy. Too bad the jumps from the first three tiers that include it are $150 and $75.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Ok, what the gently caress does OTP mean?

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
One Time Password. You use them when you make wire transfers!

e: I honestly can't remember if you had this red text before I posted.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Cleretic posted:

Two days before release, all servers containing Homestuck explode, and the web epic is lost forever.

The french version still exists, but all attempts to translate it back into english render only a long series of incomprehensible jokes about the courting habits of tadpoles.

Most fans don't notice the difference.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I'm really hoping that once the Kickstarter (and the Paypal donation period) is over, they'll take the unsold merch from the higher tiers and just put it up for sale in the store individually. I mean, there's like a thousand Scalemates there who may never get a loving home due to being too expensive. :smith: Though they'd probably be pretty expensive even sold individually, and import fees would wreck shop too. Now i'm depressed.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The best [S]Cascade reaction video has been posted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSLsYfWzIjY

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

Lord of Laughton posted:

Bah who needs embroidered patches to know my OTP. I'll just assign each patch a number and randomize it.

I got Feferi x Eridan.

:negative:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Crain posted:

Ok, what the gently caress does OTP mean?
One true pairing. The ship that is the only legitimate one in your mind.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Bryan O'Malley just tweeted out a gigantic, gently caress off interview he had with Hussie, there's some interesting poo poo in there: http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/..._medium=twitter

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Evil Mastermind posted:

The best part is how Dante just leans back at the end to absorb what the gently caress he just watched.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Evil Mastermind posted:

We still haven't seen Treestuck's.

As for Jack, I'm sure he has impressive gel viscosity.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Well Manicured Man posted:

The best part is how Dante just leans back at the end to absorb what the gently caress he just watched.

To be honest that's the only good part. The whole thing is just him watching silently and maybe smiling at some points.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Bryan O'Malley posted:

It is sprawling and complex, dumb and hilarious, and full of the most fiendishly intricate references to the basest turds of pop culture.

This is the best. Always kind of bugged me that so many summaries of Homestuck for non-fans I've seen have either been politely impartial or wistfully reverent.

(The auto-citation that website adds when you try to c+v something out of the middle is also a pretty cool thing that I haven't seen before)

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Oct 2, 2012

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Evil Mastermind posted:

Oh my. Can't wait. :allears:

Van Kraken posted:

I got Feferi x Eridan.

:negative:

Poor thing :(

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Call Now posted:

One Time Password. You use them when you make wire transfers!

e: I honestly can't remember if you had this red text before I posted.

Ok, so I'm assuming it's actually "One True Pairing" in this context, but thanks. Also yeah I've had that text for awhile now. I think it was from one of the Treyvon Martin threads when I posted that EMTs wouldn't bother trying to resuscitate an obviously dead person.

EDIT: since everyone's posting the random pairing I got: JohnXDave, JakeXTerezi, and TavrosXJane.

Crain fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Oct 2, 2012

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
The worst thing is that i can't think of any single pairing that WOULDN'T already have fanart. This scares me.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

GLOSS posted:

Bryan O'Malley just tweeted out a gigantic, gently caress off interview he had with Hussie, there's some interesting poo poo in there: http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/..._medium=twitter

This just makes it even more bizarre/surreal that my plush Scott and Ramona are soon to be joined by a scalemate. So excited to read this when I get out of classes today.

Also come on Hussie, just send everyone Gamzee/Tavros. You know it's the right thing to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

What I find interesting is how every single article I've seen lately (from the CNN one to O'Malley's or others) always describe it as a comic where 4 friends play a game that will save the world, or save/destroy the universe, or some iteration where the kids' actions have an effect on the fate of their world.

Of course, this may be discretionary on the part of the writer to not give away the fact that, really, nothing the kids do is going to save the world from being destroyed.