Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Well I guess we know how they pay Shuli now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

I think someone in this thread already suggested it, but just put Sour Shoes on the air in Ferrall's place and let him do his Ferrall imitation. No one will know he's gone.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

nmfnl posted:

So I guess Ferrall is leaving?

While I don't usually listen to him since I'm not near the radio when he's on, when I have heard his show its always been entertaining.

Does this mean Jim Rome is going to be even richer? I wish I were dead.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

AxeManiac posted:

Artie was in several big movies and was on Mad TV for years before Stern, Artie got a bigger audience on the Stern Show, but he still sold out shows and was a name. I think people started listening to Howard again because of Artie. I know I did.

Now Jackie.. he had and has nothing.

I didn't realize Artie had much of a draw as a standup at the time. I figured he was just known from the stuff he did with Norm and from telling people "Don't make me break my foot off in your rear end"

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

haljordan posted:

Does this mean Jim Rome is going to be even richer? I wish I were dead.

Where is Jim Everett when we need him?!

I loved Ferrall's show when I had Sirius, hopefully he can make on terrestrial radio.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

ch3cooh posted:

I loved Ferrall's show when I had Sirius, hopefully he can make on terrestrial radio.

There's a three-way getting fired contest between Ferrall, Sid Rosenberg and Tony Bruno. Our CBS Sports Radio station is all terrible local guys, so a strong national FM sports lineup would be nice.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

nmfnl posted:

So I guess Ferrall is leaving?

While I don't usually listen to him since I'm not near the radio when he's on, when I have heard his show its always been entertaining.

I hope he still gets to play rock music non-stop in the background. I've never heard another show like that, and Ferrall made it work pretty well.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

Sand Monster posted:

I think someone in this thread already suggested it, but just put Sour Shoes on the air in Ferrall's place and let him do his Ferrall imitation. No one will know he's gone.

I'd listen.

"HEY WE GOT TONS OF STUFF COMING UP AT 8 CHECK IT OOOOOOOOOOOT"

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.
gently caress Shuli. He's a bore. Come on, Stern show, put Sour Shoes on all the time. I'll take tourette's over mediocre interventions anytime. The bit with his hair dying and the arm hair and the drugs had me cringing and ffwding.

Oh, and someone kill Chelsea Handler. Am I crazy or was Howard ripping her a new one not so long ago, and she well loving deserved it? He's had annoying guests but this bitch takes the cake. She just called Howard stupid out of the blue... no reaction from him. I'm listening right now and hoping he just lets it rip on the stupid ho. loving bitch makes me mad for no good reason. God I hate her.

Mr Underhill fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Oct 2, 2012

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
No, she makes you mad for many good and valid reasons.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Just give Richard the chair. Dammit I love that man.

Mochiloc
Dec 30, 2001
Ferrall just explained his decision on the air - basically said that he wants to go back to going to all the major sporting events (Super Bowl, Masters, World Series, etc.) I'm sure CBS probably unloaded a dump truck of money in his driveway too.

I wonder what will fill the 8-12 time slot? Abe Kanan? I like Abe but I'm not sure his show is interesting enough for 20-hours-per-week. Really sucks, I listened to the first 2-3 hours of Ferrall every night.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

AxeManiac posted:

Now Jackie.. he had and has nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSjcUKNDfEA

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I take it back, I take it all back.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
Shuli sucks and is a talentless hack. The BIGGEST mistake Howard ever made was hiring a bunch of sycophants to work on the show.

Give Jackie back the chair and make Howard, Robin, and Fred miserable until their contracts run out and the show ends. Punish them for what the show has turned into these last 5 years.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

GenoCanSing posted:

Just give Richard the chair. Dammit I love that man.

Hey bub, it's yer dad...

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Mr Underhill posted:

Oh, and someone kill Chelsea Handler. Am I crazy or was Howard ripping her a new one not so long ago, and she well loving deserved it?

Not sure about Howard, but Artie has been going after her for months, both on his show and on Twitter.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

A caller today suggested that Howard and Beth should do a talk show together.

Oh, the horror... if that actually went down.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I'd watch it just to see him squirm when she bring in experts about how to plan to have a baby late in life.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Is Robin back in the studio?

Now that Ferrall is leaving, what can they possibly put in his place? Also I liked when someone called in and just flat out told Howard to get rid of the Abe Canon show.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Is Robin back in the studio?

No.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

I think I'm finally ready to give up my commitment to listening to every show. It's a bittersweet feeling, only because I've been listening for 12 years straight and it's done its share to get me through some real boring times. But god drat, I just don't have the time or patience to listen to Hollywood Howie anymore. It's just too much time to waste on a mediocre show that lost its luster years ago. I've been listening since 2000 without ever missing a show. Nowadays, it's the same exact show, fight, guest, and segment, repeated ad nauseum. The Artie chair is finally filled and it's filled with a glorified staffer. Really. Now that I've discovered the beauty that is podcasts (Adam Corolla, Joe Rogran, etc.), this show has lost its appeal. Even Opie & Anthony, who put even LESS effort into their own show, are somehow more consistently funny and entertaining because they are grounded in reality.

Bye-bye for now, Stern, and ack ack. Maybe I'll tune back in when you get divorced

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Does Ferrall's new gig have him going head to head with Nick and Artie at all?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

ch3cooh posted:

Does Ferrall's new gig have him going head to head with Nick and Artie at all?

Yeah, he hired a fat coke addict to yell at women between local bands playing bad songs.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Dr Ruth was a bottom of the barrel guest back in 1987. Maybe they can lure Judy Tenuda or Dr Joyce Brothers out of obscurity somehow.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

Just bring back Sour Shoes every single day.
His appearance was probably the best show since the pre-heroin Artie days.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Hey thanks for the Bubba pack. Its been awesome reliving those great moments.
I forgot all about during the wedding conversation you find out Brent has been doing coke again. That was a great conversation.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Hey thanks for the Bubba pack. Its been awesome reliving those great moments.
I forgot all about during the wedding conversation you find out Brent has been doing coke again. That was a great conversation.

Same here, thanks man. I was cracking up on the train today listening to the aftermath of Bubba shooting Spice with the BB gun. Bubba going from apologetic, to pilled up and sad, then to getting mad for Spice not calling him back was hilarious in his voicemails. Sucks that Bubba's show is horrible now.

Pilot Jim
Aug 23, 2007

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Same here, thanks man. I was cracking up on the train today listening to the aftermath of Bubba shooting Spice with the BB gun. Bubba going from apologetic, to pilled up and sad, then to getting mad for Spice not calling him back was hilarious in his voicemails. Sucks that Bubba's show is horrible now.

Thirding the thank. This will be good for my long move next week. I just listened to Monday's show. Loaded Lieberman was the greatest thing since Sour Shoes.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Szyznyk posted:

Dr Ruth was a bottom of the barrel guest back in 1987. Maybe they can lure Judy Tenuda or Dr Joyce Brothers out of obscurity somehow.

She was awesome then and awesome now. :colbert:

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Mr Hands Colon posted:

I'd also forgotten the part where he tried to make it better by giving spice $100

I'm glad you guys enjoy it. I spent last week going through the shoes on my phone last week at work. I'm pretty sure my office neighbors think I'm insane from the number of times I burst out laughing.

E: wrap the toots

ch3cooh fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Oct 3, 2012

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I'm rolling at the sour shoes show, man, it is so great to hear him on the show. I don't think he would last as a regular, but having him in spurts is great.

Also holy poo poo, they couldn't go pick him up, they made him drive. Is that even safe?

CapnPyro
Mar 18, 2003
I draw stuff.
I feel like Howard has let me down nicely. If he had gone off the air and retired in the Artie days when there was energy and fun in the show I would of forever of missed the show. But he's gone and done the good guy/gal break-up move where you make the other person not want you anymore. It's worked gloriously, the show is now so bland and slow and off-air so often that I only catch about 20 minutes a week at this point. I'm considering canceling my subscription after football season, all I listen to anymore in my car is pandora and AM news radio.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
I listened to the Sep 25th show today and I think that in a couple of months Shuli will figure out when to chime in, and he'll work well. I definitely don't think he damages the show by being the 4th voice in the studio.

Even the extra bits on the 25th that were obviously produced by Shuli were astounding. I don't think I've heard a real bit on the show since year 1 of Sirius

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

I'm torn on Shuli being in the Jackie/Artie chair. On one hand - yes, he's boring, bland, and a sycophant. But on the other hand - having someone there is better than no one, right? I guess? I've said it before in this thread, but that studio desperately needs another person in the day-to-day conversation.

liz con queso
Feb 1, 2008

juguete sin queso

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

I listened to the Sep 25th show today and I think that in a couple of months Shuli will figure out when to chime in, and he'll work well. I definitely don't think he damages the show by being the 4th voice in the studio.

I totally agree with this. I think Shuli is good at getting people to say funny things or get a rise out of them. Once he settles into the role of being the 4th voice, I think he could do a really good job.

I must be retarded or have a terrible sense of humor or be entertained far too easily (or all of the above), because I still love listening to the show. Not many complaints except for when wack packers like Debbie the Pet Lady are given too much air time - the screaming is too freaking intense.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

Sasquatch! posted:

he's boring, bland, and a sycophant.

You just described the last 4 years of Artie.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

ven the extra bits on the 25th that were obviously produced by Shuli were astounding. I don't think I've heard a real bit on the show since year 1 of Sirius

I think we may have jumped the gun on Shuli sitting in on a permanent basis, as he wasn't there for the last two days.

Having a rotating guest list of people to sit in would be glorious.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Manifest posted:

You just described the last 4 years of Artie.

At least Artie had a funny laugh. That Blue Iris call was the best thing ever, mostly because of his reaction.

I want more Richard Ethel calls. The wheelbarrow call today had me laughing and he hasn't done much without Sal in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fist
Sep 16, 2007

I didn't catch every minute of the show this week. But it sounds to me like Shuli has not sat in the chair at all this week.

So I think it was just a last week thing.