Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

The first time I saw Lamb of God Randy fell off the stage during the first minute of the first song and broke his collar bone. This was in Brooklyn probably around 7 years ago. Some kid/dude from another band knew all the lyrics and sang. I was excited to see them so I was pissed.

I saw them a handful of times over the years. The only Wall of Death I've ever participated in was when they were known for "bringing it back" and I've never done another one since because they're kind of retarded.

Then I saw them a few years ago open for Metallica at Madison Square Garden after they turned to poo poo I was like wtf lol.

Then I went to the Lamb of God, Acacia Strain show and left after TAS because LoG sucks now. Also their fans made it impossible to fully enjoy TAS because big shirtless meatheads were slam dancing the whole time. Ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMMCCLI
Apr 24, 2009

Incursus posted:

Has anyone seen Lamb of God live? They are coming to Indianapolis with hatebreed. I guess Randy Blythe got out of jail.

Only a very long time ago on the Ashes of the Wake tour. Was loving amazing, but they're kinda meh to me now. That album was loving sick. In fact, gonna put it on now!

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

:burger::taco::burger::taco::burger:
Too tired to chase fences right now.
:taco::burger::taco::burger::taco:
I've still got a Lamb of god tour shirt from 2002. I remember talking to them backstage, and them saying how they had to find REAL jobs and this poo poo wasnt paying the bills.

Then Ashes of the Wake was made, and....yeah.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
New TAS album has been growing on me, but drat the production on it kinda sucks. Everything is so muddy and hard to make out at times.

Also just grabbed 2 tickets to see them on Sunday. Fuckin stoked :pcgaming:

chocolateTHUNDER fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Oct 3, 2012

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
Hell yeah, seeing TAS this Saturday for their CD release party at the Palladium, upstairs. This is gonna be absolutely nuts. I'm digging some parts of the new album. I really like the track Brain Death, personally.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Also just grabbed 2 tickets to see them on Sunday. Fuckin stoked :pcgaming:

lol see you there bro

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

ShoogaSlim posted:

lol see you there bro

Doors open at 430 but what time you gonna show up you think?

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

I thought short arms were good for benching :smith:
PSA: The I, of Helix album is amazing. Props to krustsstuster for posting it.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Omerta posted:

PSA: The I, of Helix album is amazing. Props to krustsstuster for posting it.

Agreedo

It's kind of like a mix between Structures and Breakdown of Sanity and it owns hard

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Agreedo

It's kind of like a mix between Structures and Breakdown of Sanity and it owns hard

It's good to be a brother. That tape is so extreme. I have more to post about when I'm not so lazy,,, but.....

I just got done listening to Parkway Drive's new tape "Dark Days" five times in a row and IT KEEPS GETTING BETTER HOLY loving poo poo :byodood:

i'm not ready for the album

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!
holy poo poo,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGGYtMy6oAs

Parachute
May 18, 2003
Gat dang is it a requirement for 90% of metalwhatevercore names to be the worst poo poo on the planet?

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

I thought short arms were good for benching :smith:

Parachute posted:

Gat dang is it a requirement for 90% of metalwhatevercore names to be the worst poo poo on the planet?

Walk me through your thought process when you posted this.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Omerta posted:

Walk me through your thought process when you posted this.

I can write it in crayon if you want. I guess you can defend "I, the Helix" and "In Hearts Wake" as a band names all day if that's your bag, but I think they are terrible.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
I agree, CATTLE DECAPITATION is a much better name.

elTeddy
Jun 19, 2004
Where boys fear to tread
you know what's awesome?

having never listened to the dead walk, and now just pretending that's the new album and loving the gently caress of it like they've made the ultimate progression in sound from Wormwood.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

elTeddy posted:

you know what's awesome?

having never listened to the dead walk, and now just pretending that's the new album and loving the gently caress of it like they've made the ultimate progression in sound from Wormwood.

I think The Dead Walk and Skynet are their two best albums. Wormwood has some great tracks, but on the whole as an album it's a step below those two.

Death/Mortal is growing on me, but I really don't like the production on it :( oh well

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

The album is called Continent. The first track is Skynet...

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

ShoogaSlim posted:

The album is called Continent. The first track is Skynet...

Woops, brain freeze. Guess I'm a terrible fan now

MMMCCLI
Apr 24, 2009

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Woops, brain freeze. Guess I'm a terrible fan now

Kill yourself. It's the only option.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

Parachute posted:

I think it might be. There was a band of (I'm assuming/hoping) high school kids around here called "In the Eyes of Her" What the gently caress? I wish I could remember some from the myspace metalcore days, there were some real gems out there.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Music is pretty good, but man those lyrics are terrible. Maybe they shouldn't have drawn so much attention to them with that lyric music video.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
If you guys aren't listening to the new Converge you should be. They put the whole album up online at convergecult.com

Do it now, you can thank me later.

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

EU got the new BTBAM album yesterday, it's pretty drat good for a concept album.

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
So Acacia Strain was loving awesome, like you guys said they started with Doomblade, then went into Dr Doom and Hills Have Eyes. Everything else was a blur. They only played one other song off the new album, then played a ton of old poo poo and a ton of tracks off Wormwood.

The other bands were pretty sick too. No Bragging Rights was fun, Fit for an Autopsy was awesome, and the singer from I Declare War has serious crazy eyes

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Hey chocolateTHUNDER apparently the post I wrote to you the other day never posted? Hit me up on Facebook or twitter or whatever everything is just /willxcore

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

DITOM is for sure 100% a better album than Wormwood, that's one thing I am confident in. Wormwood has some good jams: namely Hills have Eyes, BTMFDR, Ramirez and Carpathian. The rest kind of blurs together to me. The only real weak point of DITOM in my eyes is Our Lady Of Perpetual Sorrow. That song should be half the length it is and that would be fine. It's just one part played for 4:30 and that's dumb.

Basically, this thread is about The Acacia Strain.

Firecube
Feb 15, 2012

"What do you mean we usually just play dead? Are you telling me I've been doing this whole opossum thing wrong for 20 years??!!!"

Hashtag Nascar posted:

EU got the new BTBAM album yesterday, it's pretty drat good for a concept album.

I preordered this a couple weeks ago. "Telos" is a pretty great song. The beginning and end are very solid, but the clean vocal section in the middle is just so incredible. Their forays into other genres just keep getting better and better with every release.

I can't wait to get the shirt that came with my preorder.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Novum posted:

If you guys aren't listening to the new Converge you should be. They put the whole album up online at convergecult.com

Do it now, you can thank me later.

Seriously, do it. It's so loving good. They can do no wrong, it seems.

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT

Firecube posted:

I preordered this a couple weeks ago. "Telos" is a pretty great song. The beginning and end are very solid, but the clean vocal section in the middle is just so incredible. Their forays into other genres just keep getting better and better with every release.

To me, Telos is by far the weakest track on the album, and it's still fairly bitching. I still think the first 3 minutes of it are plain boring but then it makes up for it in the second half.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

the Bunt posted:

To me, Telos is by far the weakest track on the album, and it's still fairly bitching. I still think the first 3 minutes of it are plain boring but then it makes up for it in the second half.

Any weakness present on Telos is made up for by Lay Your Ghosts to Rest being the single best BTBAM song I can think of. I love Colors as much as any other devoted fan and liked TGM despite the critical flak it gets, but after listening to Future Sequence over and over I'm tempted to say that it's their best work to date even with somewhat pointless transition tracks like Autumn. It manages to incorporate everything I always loved about the band more cohesively than their previous efforts where it would occasionally sound like they were cramming in extraneous musical genres for no real reason other than to say that they did it. Bloom is kind of a weird song that sounds like a cross between David Bowie, Queen and surf metal, but I think it fits well in the flow of the album and isn't anything like the cringe-inducing bluegrass section in Ants of the Sky.

Prior to this release I was going to give album of the year to The Faceless's Autotheism, but this has done an effective job of surpassing it.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Firecube posted:

I'm still glad I went with the custom spacesuit.

:science:

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch

Christopher Irvine posted:

Seriously, do it. It's so loving good. They can do no wrong, it seems.

It's pretty solid, but where's my slow song :mad:

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Noah posted:

On another album honkey, embrace the frenzy!

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Seriously, do it. It's so loving good. [converge] can do no wrong, it seems.
Apart from when they covered the bad bits of November Rain and released it as Precipice :(
The rest of the album is pretty amazing and still growing on me.

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

:burger::taco::burger::taco::burger:
Too tired to chase fences right now.
:taco::burger::taco::burger::taco:

Noah posted:

That would be the track, "Coral Blue." It's on there dude.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

awesmoe posted:

Apart from when they covered the bad bits of November Rain and released it as Precipice :(

Eh it's a filler track. The bonus tracks kinda mess with the flow of the album though. Even though they're kick-rear end, I would rather have heard the album as intended with the bonus tracks at the end of the record where they belong.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Eh it's a filler track.
Yeah my point is it's a bad one. It's (IMO) the first bad converge track since unloved and weeded out, is all.
Still, the album on the whole is everything I hoped for so that's pretty sweet.

Incursus
Sep 17, 2012

NOTHING LIKE HAVING THE BEST OEGAMIOM IN THE WORLD EVERYDAY!
Anyone here like Iwrestledabearonce? I saw them last year at warped tour but I had a massive dehydration headache so i dont really remember much. They are playing next week and im debating on going. Also "Stray from the path" is playing but i STRONGLY dislike them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

^may I ask what you dislike about Stray? I'm really bummed I can't go see them this Sunday, especially since the show is less than half a mile from my apartment