Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I love you so much for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

SeanBeansShako posted:

For some of us, Red Dwarf aired when our dads were young and going outside and doing things.

Fingers crossed it'll be worth the watch.

Try not to cry too much at the inevitable disappointment.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

Open my window and a breeze rolls in and I...

Mr Owl
Dec 28, 2008

Anyone else watch Welcome to India? Absolutely fascinating and totally charming at the same time, Well worth a watch!

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".

reality_groove posted:

By the way, can I just say well done for no-one discussing Hotel GB. Let's keep it that way.

Is it that bad?

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Metrication posted:

Is it that bad?

My girlfriend put it on on Tuesday night, I wanted to jump out of the window. I don't like it. She was placed on the shortlist to be on it, thank gently caress she wasn't.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

onoflalks posted:

My girlfriend put it on on Tuesday night, I wanted to jump out of the window. I don't like it. She was placed on the shortlist to be on it, thank gently caress she wasn't.

I watched the first episode and it was horrible. One of the volunteers quit after five hours, before they even opened the god drat thing because she just 'couldn't handle it'.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

NaDy posted:

I watched the first episode and it was horrible. One of the volunteers quit after five hours, before they even opened the god drat thing because she just 'couldn't handle it'.

It's an utterly bizarre idea for a show, and I watched it for about twenty minutes last night after the football.

The vast majority of it was just Gordon Ramsey being... Gordon Ramsey, and Phil Spencer being a waiter. It was very unremarkable, and I can't believe it's going to be on television for what, five hours this week?!

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Did anyone see Ian Hislop's Stiff Upper Lip thing? Was it any good?

Crab Battle
Jan 16, 2010

Haha! Yeah!

This is the best thing.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

onoflalks posted:

Did anyone see Ian Hislop's Stiff Upper Lip thing? Was it any good?

It was alright. Worth a go, I'll be tuning in for the next one.

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

Metrication posted:

Is it that bad?

Imagine a hotel with cameras in it. Now imagine if Channel 4 personalities ran the hotel. Now imagine if all the staff were unemployed people being given "a year's worth of work experience in a week". Now imagine that all the money made from the hotel went to charity. Now imagine that the staff is split into two teams competing against each other to raise the most money in a week. Now imagine most of the guests are Z-list celebs like David Gest and Jackie Collins. And for some reason Paddy McGuinness is presenting.

That's Hotel GB.

It's such as mess. Because it's for charity, the affluent guests are leaving £1000 tips which completely throws off the competition aspect as no-one really earned that kind of tip and one team is suddenly way ahead of the other.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
It's got Tim Lovejoy in it so it must be bad. His Sunday thing that BBC2 cancelled and resurrected itself as an even more smug up itself version on Channel 4 is possibly the worst show on TV at the moment.

I'm not sure what's worse the slimy banter, Lovejoy's insipid pandering to the crew or the gigantic buzz word graffiti wall of dreck in the kitchen.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Giedroyc posted:

It's got Tim Lovejoy in it so it must be bad. His Sunday thing that BBC2 cancelled and resurrected itself as an even more smug up itself version on Channel 4 is possibly the worst show on TV at the moment.

I'm not sure what's worse the slimy banter, Lovejoy's insipid pandering to the crew or the gigantic buzz word graffiti wall of dreck in the kitchen.

Tim Lovejoy's sole funny contribution to Soccer AM was getting hit in the bollocks and doubling over in pain. But then again, I could go off on how far Soccer AM has fallen and that they should really have got Andy Goldstein in to host

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Cerv posted:

Try not to cry too much at the inevitable disappointment.

Last two years of my life, plus all Red Dwarf past series 6. I think I won't kill myself.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

It appears Freddie Starr is being dragged into the Jimmy Saville paedo drama, he had an injunction put out to block his name being mentioned in the press, but ITV challenged it and won, so he's probably made matters worse for himself.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Always knew there was something funny about Freddie Starr. Eating hamsters, what are they then? small rats. CHILDLIKE you could say. I tried to speak up about it but I was powerless against his PR empire that would have destroyed my career had I spoken out which implies that I knew about it, but I didn't and if I had I would have but I didn't until now. My thoughts are with the victims of this, if it happened and if not I'm pledging my full support to him as the press attempt to trudge his good name (if it is still good) in the mud.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I know two things about Freddie Star now. He might have eaten a Hamster and he now might be a paedophile.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

He once did a parody of Pulp Fiction a good 5 years after the film was released. Really topical it was.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Tim Lovejoy's sole funny contribution to Soccer AM was getting hit in the bollocks and doubling over in pain.

This could be the high point of Lovejoy's career, so let's see it again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=003rMYfKjRA

(Sadly it doesn't show the full aftermath, which is literally nearly five minutes of him just lying there in mortal agony while everybody else dissolves into hysterics and absolutely none of them show any concern for him whatsoever.)

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Trin Tragula posted:

This could be the high point of Lovejoy's career, so let's see it again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=003rMYfKjRA

(Sadly it doesn't show the full aftermath, which is literally nearly five minutes of him just lying there in mortal agony while everybody else dissolves into hysterics and absolutely none of them show any concern for him whatsoever.)

Thanks Trin, that's made my dull, lovely day much better

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Well here we go with Red Dwarf. I hope for at least a few laughs.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Not bad so far, reminds me of the old school Red Dwarf rather than that abortion a couple of years back. I think I kinda like it.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Maybe I've had a stroke or something, but it's actually funny.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I have certainly had a few laughs our of it already. Cat with "Moose". Lister on the phone...

Definitely like the earlier stuff.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Tsietisin posted:

I have certainly had a few laughs our of it already. Cat with "Moose". Lister on the phone...

Definitely like the earlier stuff.

Oh dear, they have them wearing the Star Trek First Contact uniforms

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Interesting, red dwarf isn't terrible... (I'm a huge fan of the early stuff)

E: "I'll wedge it in my bum crack and get to work haha"

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Thirteenth Step posted:

Interesting, red dwarf isn't terrible... (I'm a huge fan of the early stuff)
Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying it,we shall se how it plays out. I can't remember what happened to Holly, though.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Anyone watching Hunted? Didn't realise it was starting tonight.

Odrade
May 1, 2009
Ah I'm really pleasantly surprised by this! Haven't seen Red Dwarf since series 7 so they all look a lot older but apart from that the characters all feel right and the jokes are pretty good!

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Odrade posted:

Ah I'm really pleasantly surprised by this! Haven't seen Red Dwarf since series 7 so they all look a lot older but apart from that the characters all feel right and the jokes are pretty good!

Yeah that was cool. I like the rip off of the Vulcan mind meld line.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
The episode felt like something that would fit right into Series 5. The writing wasn't particularly great, but the cast made it work.

I mean we all seen the Moose gag coming a mile away, but I will still laughing like an idiot.

kippa
Aug 10, 2005

Fry, it's been three days. You can't keep boogie-ing like this. You'll come down with a fever of some sort.

I did have to laugh at some of the props "Eh, lets just tape some flashlights to leather office chairs" but other than that I enjoyed it, it wasn't quite classic, but certainly entertaining enough!

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
Ah, it made me feel very nostalgic, they've obviously listened to the fans and gone back to the models and shonky sets/effects. This is a Good Thing!

I enjoyed it far more than I was expecting - we weren't going to watch it because we assumed it would be poo poo. I missed the first 15 minutes or so but what we saw was pretty good. Would watch again.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Rondette posted:

Ah, it made me feel very nostalgic, they've obviously listened to the fans and gone back to the models and shonky sets/effects. This is a Good Thing!

I enjoyed it far more than I was expecting - we weren't going to watch it because we assumed it would be poo poo. I missed the first 15 minutes or so but what we saw was pretty good. Would watch again.

23.40 I believe, if you can keep yourself up.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Trickjaw posted:

23.40 I believe, if you can keep yourself up.

Herp derp!

I am an old lady now that will be going to bed to read my book in approximately 1 minute. Or so.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Clearly no god anymore, religous people. Janet Street-Gobshite on QT, moaning about transport even though she gets a free pass due to age, and a Lib Dem baroness calling the railways stuff a 'balls-up'. The world has gone mad.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KDSji5BlWs
Janet Street Porter setting an example for us all.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

I absolutely knew that he was a paedophile but noone would have believed me so I never bothered mentioning it to anyone. gently caress that woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

I am enjoying A History of Andrew Marr's World hosted by Andrew Marr, master of the documentary. I like world history as my general knowledge of it is more or less there, I just sometimes struggle with the order of things so it's nice for that. I just hate how he presents really like saying things like 'you may think x. you are wrong.' every five minutes or pronouncing iron like irony without the y. The whole style of his presenting is quite odd once you start properly looking at him, compared to say Ian Hislop or any other human being.