Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HanabaL03
Nov 12, 2003

We're spread, we're spread, we're spreading our.... wings! :v:

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm not holding out much hope, but I guess maybe because it's the last season?

I just don't get how this show isn't getting more Emmy love. The acting from Noble is on par with Cranston and Paul and those guys always get nominated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

HanabaL03 posted:

I just don't get how this show isn't getting more Emmy love. The acting from Noble is on par with Cranston and Paul and those guys always get nominated.

Because, as into it as we get and as good as the acting can be, at it's heart it's a goofy show about time travel, mutants, psychic powers, monsters and extremely dodgy science. I mean, I love Fringe to bits, but it's a show that's gonna get Saturn awards and Nebulas, not Emmys.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Scorchy posted:

Man living in Vancouver kinda blows, I spoil myself on upcoming Fringe episodes by walking down the street.

They're filming Red 2 near here.

So far all I've been able to gather is that the plot involves Bruce Willis being old, though.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
The more I think about it, my favorite scene was actually Peter and Olivia talking about their time apart pre-amber where she did the same thing she always does, saying it's OK and all the other things she really wishes she actually believed right then. But now, years later, Peter has had a lot more practice with dealing with that. It does so much to show they still are the characters we left in 2012 but with honest and believable developments in the meantime.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.

Aphrodite posted:

They're filming Red 2 near here.

So far all I've been able to gather is that the plot involves Bruce Willis being old, though.

I spoiled myself on returning characters in 2036 a few weeks ago by glancing near a bridge one day.

Then today I'm out to get a cup of coffee and oh crap why are there suddenly Observers everywhere

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Scorchy posted:

I spoiled myself on returning characters in 2036 a few weeks ago by glancing near a bridge one day.

Then today I'm out to get a cup of coffee and oh crap why are there suddenly Observers everywhere

What characters?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Friendly Factory posted:

I think he just means that Peter was buying dad sweaters.

Nothing super significant, just that Walter has worn them since the beginning. Now that Peter is also a father, he is wearing them too.

Sort of like how he wears those collarless crew necks, but he wears peacoats and those type of cloth coats while Olivia wears big trench coats, leather coats and blouses / buttons.

As the daughter, Etta rolls in a leather jacket and no collar shirts, just a nice touch in the mixing of the Peter/Olivia outfit dynamic.

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done
I really enjoy having this show back, and actually the dystopian elements worked for me more than I suspected they would when I watched the premiere. This could be because I'm a little bit over the monster-of-the-week thing they'd been doing, since that plot mechanic doesn't seem to be necessary anymore. There needn't be monsters of the "week" anymore because we have the Observers, who have turned out to be a worse enemy than just about anything else we've seen. I was convinced of this watching Walter get brain-tortured. Facing enemies that can turn your brain inside out would be horrifying.

Can someone clarify something for me? When the gang all got to Ella's underground hideout, and that guy was all upset about someone dying, drinking over his body ...was that dead guy supposed to be the character from last season that "Desmond" was playing? People mentioned wanting to see him come back, but I am pretty sure his actor didn't come back, and they killed him off like that in lieu of the other vaguely-Scottish helper guy who was in the premiere. Am I wrong?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

AwkwardKnob posted:

I really enjoy having this show back, and actually the dystopian elements worked for me more than I suspected they would when I watched the premiere. This could be because I'm a little bit over the monster-of-the-week thing they'd been doing, since that plot mechanic doesn't seem to be necessary anymore. There needn't be monsters of the "week" anymore because we have the Observers, who have turned out to be a worse enemy than just about anything else we've seen. I was convinced of this watching Walter get brain-tortured. Facing enemies that can turn your brain inside out would be horrifying.

Can someone clarify something for me? When the gang all got to Ella's underground hideout, and that guy was all upset about someone dying, drinking over his body ...was that dead guy supposed to be the character from last season that "Desmond" was playing? People mentioned wanting to see him come back, but I am pretty sure his actor didn't come back, and they killed him off like that in lieu of the other vaguely-Scottish helper guy who was in the premiere. Am I wrong?

No, that wasn't him. He's still stuck in amber for all we know.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Deadpool posted:

No, that wasn't him. He's still stuck in amber for all we know.

Yes they mention him later. When Etta is rescuing Walter and she is talking with her friend they mention that they took him and Belly somewhere.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
There's a Christmas sale at Macy's?

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
I love seeing Walter happy. :3:

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
Not a problem for someone who has done acid. :smugbert:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Of course Walter dug tunnels.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
He may not be as effective, but brain-damaged Walter is so much more entertaining.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'll always love Walter.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Of course they wore Speedos.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
Did Gene get ambered??

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Balon posted:

Did Gene get ambered??

I hope so. I hope they at least address what happened to poor Gene.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
Etta: No half-measures.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Etta is stone cold.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

:stare:

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
Her mom and dad straight up ice dudes, whats she's doing merciful.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Someone check if Etta has six fingers.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Walter, no, not the Laser Disk player!

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
Jesus Fringe, you're really loving good at pulling at the heartstrings.

edit: Aghhh holy poo poo.

der juicen fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Oct 6, 2012

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
This is getting hosed up fast

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

:stare: Oh god this is going to be gross.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
Walter: Also no half-measures... This episode is kinda dark...

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Astro get me my lucky eye removing spoon.

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
Astrid, I'll need a sharp scalpel and my long silver spoon.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

For a bottle episode this is just hosed.

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
John Noble can have all the Emmy's. And Dr. Rosen from Alphas, as well.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
Glad that was a curveball, I didn't want to see Walter knuckle-deep in that guy's eyesocket.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, hey Desmond.

:stonk:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

JESUS CHRIST

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
That was hosed up.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Guess he's not coming back.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person