Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
re: the Grey DeLisle reading, it's definitely a real quote, minus the National Treasure bit of course (though that was a nice touch). She probably sounds bored because Vriska is... well, supposed to be bored/tired of Tavros there :confused:

As long as we're still in voice actor chat, this little thing circulated tumblr a while back. I always thought that dude really nailed the 'completely exasperated' side of Karkat. I don't think he's ever read straight from a pesterlog though, which is unfortunate. (Then again, given the usual quality of tindeck 'homestuck auditions' that may actually be a blessing.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Cthulhuchan posted:

And kinda-sorta-not-really-but-still-yeah these two for John and Dave.

"Stop that." "It's a space rave!" "I'm going to punch you."

That video seriously never gets old.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
People always talk about headcanon voices for the main cast, which is all well and good, but I haven't seen much for the B2 kids or troll ancestors. Admittedly most of my exposure on this sort of thing is through Octopimp, but the only B2 kid that gets any real attention is Roxy, with Porrim taking up the equivalent spot for the ancestors. Which is a shame, I wanna see interpretations of Latula and Cronus especially.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Cleretic posted:

People always talk about headcanon voices for the main cast, which is all well and good, but I haven't seen much for the B2 kids or troll ancestors. Admittedly most of my exposure on this sort of thing is through Octopimp, but the only B2 kid that gets any real attention is Roxy, with Porrim taking up the equivalent spot for the ancestors. Which is a shame, I wanna see interpretations of Latula and Cronus especially.

I imagine Cronus to sound basically like Elvis, and Latula to basically sound like the Game Grl.

Octopimp (and the people he works together with)'s voices are usually pretty good, though, he's one of the few voicey people who isn't completely awful.

cubivore
Nov 30, 2006

fuck you, got mine
I pretty much hear this for Mituna.

I personally don't really like the idea of voicing the characters though.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off
So Hussie made a big news post to summarize the whole Kickstarter experience, and to talk a bit about the paypal option now open.

A couple of things worth noting about this:

-Although the $2.5 million tier wasn't quite reached yet, he's giving it to us anyway. Digital copies of Homestuck will definitely be a thing. This is A Cool Thing Hussie, thanks!

-By the nature of paypal, you can put multiple paks in your cart. So if anyone held off donating because they wanted two specific smaller paks and didn't want to invest in one of the big combo paks, this is your time to act.

-More Snoutpaks have again been made available. Lets all watch them vanish immediately.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

CidGregor posted:

-By the nature of paypal, you can put multiple paks in your cart. So if anyone held off donating because they wanted two specific smaller paks and didn't want to invest in one of the big combo paks, this is your time to act.

No. No no no no no. No. I cannot throw down an additional pile of money for a Seerpak. I have my coveted Snoutpak already. I can't do that to my wallet.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I'd be more interested in buying the Seerpak, as I'd be more convinced that Scalemates would be on What Pumpkin than the cards, honestly.

E: http://cosmicyawn.tumblr.com/post/32931612884 more of those really fancy gifs like what with the Dave one.

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Oct 5, 2012

Indie Rocktopus
Feb 20, 2012

In the aeroplane
over the sea

cubivore posted:

I pretty much hear this for Mituna.

I personally don't really like the idea of voicing the characters though.

Mituna is Max Headroom:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYdpOjletnc

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

JT Jag posted:

I end up watching that John and Dave Play Sburb video to its entirety every single time it's posted. It's great.

Also, Karkat is totally this guy, and Equius is totally Nathan Explosion from Metalocalypse. Most of the other headcanon things I can take or leave.

I'm sorry, but Karkat is Gilbert Gottfried. Also Terezi is probably the one in this song.

ComradeCosmobot fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Oct 5, 2012

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Just got an email from Amazon saying they charged my credit card. Hussie's got our money now.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Omnomnomnivore posted:

Just got an email from Amazon saying they charged my credit card. Hussie's Ryan North's got our money now.

Wonder what he will buy with it?

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Unfortunately, Hussie forgot to set up the Kickstarter to send the money to Whatpumpkin Studios and sent it to Ryan North by mistake.

Hussie's gonna wake up next Monday with twelve horses on his front lawn and legions of very, very angry fans. And enough Olive Garden breadsticks to feed a third-world country.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I'm sorry, but Karkat is Gilbert Gottfried. Also Terezi is probably the one in this song.

Close!

And John and Dave play Sburb is the best.

Alternatively, for voices:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMcEBX74AWE

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

Am I irresponsible enough to get the SEERPAK? :negative:

I'm starting to doubt that it'll ever be in the What Pumpkin store, but I don't think I can really justify a pledge that large, currently. Tarot Cards are my weakness.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I ended up caving and getting the $230 gamepak1+seerpak+slickpak combo.

It's more than I'd usually do, but I'm a sucker for cool looking decks of cards (I have an ongoing hobby of picking up a deck from every state I visit with the state's name or something, maybe one day I'll have a deck from all 50). Homestuck is something that's entertained me for a while now. I don't feel bad showing my support for a legit pretty cool dude, and $230 really isn't too much money.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Kazy posted:

Close!

And John and Dave play Sburb is the best.

Alternatively, for voices:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMcEBX74AWE

Goddammit. That loving video.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR
I got a Seerpak through the Kickstarter, but I'm thinking about getting Gamepak2 on its own in addition so I can get my copy of Sburb Homestuck in the mail. That leaves me with two copies of the digital game and soundtrack downloads. I had the idea of giving the extras to a friend since she's been having a hard time of it; do you think it will be possible to transfer them?

Mister Gutsy
May 6, 2012

You love having a dead sister. Having a dead sister is an experience you would highly recommend to everybody.
If they distribute the digital version through some sort of download code, it might be possible to just send it to whoever you want to give it to.

(Now you've got me considering getting Gamepak 2 along with my Seerpak too. My wallet :qq:)

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Cleretic posted:

So what're the odds of Hussie's PayPal account getting frozen?
Actually, as soon as it was mentioned that he would use PayPal when the Kickstarter was over, I started getting excited for the hilarious rant he's going to post when PayPal does inevitably freeze his funds.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Unless Hussie got a head start on signing over 11,000 prints to ship by the holidays, there's going to be a lull in updates, isn't there?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
It'd probably be quicker for him to use that Thank You stamp with his face on it.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

JT Jag posted:

It'd probably be quicker for him to use that Thank You stamp with his face on it.

It's hard to use the "You're Welcome" stamp on a CD or flash drive.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Better use a spot of that 2.4 mil to invest in an autopen.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

That's it. That was it. That did it. On this watching of this video, these voices, these lines, they stopped having anything to do with Dragonball. I don't care if they talk about Saiyans these lines are spoken by John Cal Jack Rose and Karkat now.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Go watch the episode of Courage the Cowardly Dog with the giant foot and you will never be able to read the Midnight Crew segment the same way ever again.

That's all I got.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

A good poster posted:

Unless Hussie got a head start on signing over 11,000 prints to ship by the holidays, there's going to be a lull in updates, isn't there?

The time he spends signing them may be almost secondary to the fact that doing that many signatures will probably take him from carpal tunnel territory to "the joints in his hand are now made of sand" territory.

Forty years from now, the children will whisper stories about the crazy old man in the house on the hill with a hideous, misshapen claw but bountiful, pouty lips.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Since we're on voices: Grey DeLise has found Homestuck and is doing recordings. So that's Zuko and Azula.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
So I guess I didn't budget my pledge too well and now I'm skint till next Friday. Guess I'll be visiting my parents and eating a lot of cheesy pasta this week. Totally worth it.

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library

Cabbit posted:

Since we're on voices: Grey DeLise has found Homestuck and is doing recordings. So that's Zuko and Azula.

Guess what got people talking about voices in the first place?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Pessimism posted:

Guess what got people talking about voices in the first place?

:doh:

In my defense, I usually gloss over VA chat, as most fan recordings make my skin crawl.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
The Space and Light Avatar style gifs are done.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The Jade one is incredible :stare:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Those are incredible. :stare:

The space one particularly.

of bees
Dec 28, 2009
Dave, Rose, and Jade all look awesome, but there's something about John's that really bugs me. Something about the movements just doesn't seem natural, and it's unsettling.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Update.

Between Rose's eyebrows and John's reaction shots, Hussie is producing a string of great faces at the moment.

e: Obligatory "staring at post" avatar for someone to use:

:stare:

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Oct 6, 2012

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Hahaha, that face is too perfect, holy crap. :allears:

I wonder if he recognizes miss mail lady at all. At the very least, he knows she's an ally...even if he is, well, let's say a little put off by her similar appearance.

Stayton
May 20, 2006

A girl who will put you in a full nelson is worth fighting for.
Come on John. Do a windy thing and blow Jack into PM's ragestab radius.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I love that he's in too much of a hurry to flee to remove the ridiculous hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Cat Mattress posted:

I love that he's in too much of a hurry to flee to remove the ridiculous hat.

It may be too much to hope that he'll still be wearing it next time we see him, but I want to believe.