Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Nomnom Cookie posted:

I guess I'm starting to see where the grads who don't know a null pointer from their dick are coming from

people who haven't been to graduate school don't understand how useless those classes are in practicality, at least at a research university

you can literally make it through cs grad school with a decent understanding of math and no understanding of basic practical cs concepts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

yeah rip

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgfasYhqa5Y&t=57s

sports
Sep 1, 2012
rupture that darn

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything
Hello Everyone Looking at Statpedia.

Someone purchased this link, and posted it to this box.

http://statpedia.com/staging/week-27/index.php/buisness/foundation

Just trying to create a beautiful product here with statpedia.

Ian McLean fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jan 30, 2013

CaptainMeatpants
Jun 1, 2010

i didn't read any of that but are you going to kill yourself on webcam or not

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

Ian McLean posted:

Seriously go gently caress yourself man. What do you think this thing is: https://class.coursera.org/algo-2012-002/class/index

loving sick of negativity from stupid mother fuckers that don't even know what they are talking about.

Go gently caress yourself. Tired of being mocked by people here. Statpedia was doing just fine without all you mother fuckers giving me a hard time.

You all need to just play this video over and over again until your brain melts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wui-PNqJrxs Then after you watch that video, consider the concept of embracing positive constructive feedback.

You loving people are just bringing negativity in my life that I do not need. Someone mentioned bipolar... well no I am not bipolar. Being on these forums is like someone just constantly jabbing you in the side with a sharp stick. Just loving jabbing and jabbing and jabbing you in the side. This is the point where I snap, and say gently caress off.

When I am not on here, just expect me to be learning and researching stuff like this: http://www.dwavesys.com/en/dev-tutorials.html so that I will continue to stay ahead of the game. gently caress you and your primitive algorithms.

I will be a billionaire. Statpedia is the most beautiful search engine on the market. Search results are displayed on search for anyone to see without even having to click on anything, and time is only going to make this display better. Statpedia is first class. And when the statpedia code is reused with a landing page showing a different logo than "Statpedia", this search engine will be the foundation for any niche search topic on the internet.

Then, once there is all these micro niche search engines for varying topics, I can bring them all together for the macro search, and make more money than Google because my search is better, more intelligent, more beautiful, and cleaner.

So go gently caress yourself man. I need to afford my $50 million dollar house in Laguna Beach before the age of 30 or my entire life on this planet is loving worthless.

Just for the record... there isn't anywhere nicer on this planet in terms of weather, food, beautiful women, and nice stuff than Orange County and some parts of North County San Diego. UCI is in my opinion the best campus in Southern California. I can go anywhere for school. I am not surrounded by ghetto LA scum like USC. I loving hate LA. They are trash and full of fakeness. UCSD... I loving hate eucalyptus trees. Those things just pollute their poo poo everywhere. I might as well be living in India or China going to UCSD with all those lovely eucalyptus leaf droppings everywhere comparable to people letting their children poo poo on the streets.

http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/world-university-rankings/2012/one-hundred-under-fifty That's right... UCI is ranked 4th in the world, and best in the country for universities under the age of 50.

If I want to go to Stanford... I don't even have to apply to Stanford. How? Here is one possibility: Nicely say to someone that I want to study at the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, and it is probably not much more than filling out a few documents and being in good academic standing. Then... if I am up at Stanford, all I have to do is show that I am likable and competent to right person, and I am in their school (IF I WANT TO GO THERE). Not that Statpedia isn't interesting enough on its own to probably get me in Stanford; even if they do not see the full vision. Where did the previous director of the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center get his PHD from in Elementary Particle Physics? UCI.

Time management? I have set up Statpedia in such a way where it runs itself. I hardly have to lift a finger leaving my schedule completely open so that I can do whatever I want while it continues to grow in size and scope. Even now with what has been developed, the amount of statistics entered into statpedia 50 years from now is incomprehensible. There is a statistic for every possible thing on this planet. How many cats are in your neighborhood, how many fruits and vegetables the average person ate in 1952, if you look around your room I am sure you can see something that you can make a statistic out of. The foundation has now been established so that anyone in the world can upload a statistic of anything thinkable.

Even if I do not know everything, I will continue to hire and work alongside intelligent people to get things where they need to be.

It won't be brains that get me there, I can assure you that. Who earns the big bucks and why? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O59-C4hZJ8o

I will be at the top of the food chain whether or not anyone chooses to acknowledge so.

For all of you who have been nice to me along the way, I say thank you, and apologize for this post.

R.I.P. Ian on shitstarter forums. Peace.
             /

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i didn't read most of that (it sounds p. angry) but when you say orange county is the best place in california, like, dude, have you been to the bay area? man. nocal is so much better

(also requisite lolololo hahaha what did you think this was, the something NICE forums? read the url shitloard :smaug:)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ok well i read this part too

quote:

Here is one possibility: Nicely say to someone that I want to study at the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, and it is probably not much more than filling out a few documents and being in good academic standing.

no not really

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Ian McLean posted:

Seriously go gently caress yourself man. What do you think this thing is: https://class.coursera.org/algo-2012-002/class/index

loving sick of negativity from stupid mother fuckers that don't even know what they are talking about.

Go gently caress yourself. Tired of being mocked by people here. Statpedia was doing just fine without all you mother fuckers giving me a hard time.

You all need to just play this video over and over again until your brain melts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wui-PNqJrxs Then after you watch that video, consider the concept of embracing positive constructive feedback.

You loving people are just bringing negativity in my life that I do not need. Someone mentioned bipolar... well no I am not bipolar. Being on these forums is like someone just constantly jabbing you in the side with a sharp stick. Just loving jabbing and jabbing and jabbing you in the side. This is the point where I snap, and say gently caress off.

When I am not on here, just expect me to be learning and researching stuff like this: http://www.dwavesys.com/en/dev-tutorials.html so that I will continue to stay ahead of the game. gently caress you and your primitive algorithms.

I will be a billionaire. Statpedia is the most beautiful search engine on the market. Search results are displayed on search for anyone to see without even having to click on anything, and time is only going to make this display better. Statpedia is first class. And when the statpedia code is reused with a landing page showing a different logo than "Statpedia", this search engine will be the foundation for any niche search topic on the internet.

Then, once there is all these micro niche search engines for varying topics, I can bring them all together for the macro search, and make more money than Google because my search is better, more intelligent, more beautiful, and cleaner.

So go gently caress yourself man. I need to afford my $50 million dollar house in Laguna Beach before the age of 30 or my entire life on this planet is loving worthless.

Just for the record... there isn't anywhere nicer on this planet in terms of weather, food, beautiful women, and nice stuff than Orange County and some parts of North County San Diego. UCI is in my opinion the best campus in Southern California. I can go anywhere for school. I am not surrounded by ghetto LA scum like USC. I loving hate LA. They are trash and full of fakeness. UCSD... I loving hate eucalyptus trees. Those things just pollute their poo poo everywhere. I might as well be living in India or China going to UCSD with all those lovely eucalyptus leaf droppings everywhere comparable to people letting their children poo poo on the streets.

http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/world-university-rankings/2012/one-hundred-under-fifty That's right... UCI is ranked 4th in the world, and best in the country for universities under the age of 50.

If I want to go to Stanford... I don't even have to apply to Stanford. How? Here is one possibility: Nicely say to someone that I want to study at the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, and it is probably not much more than filling out a few documents and being in good academic standing. Then... if I am up at Stanford, all I have to do is show that I am likable and competent to right person, and I am in their school (IF I WANT TO GO THERE). Not that Statpedia isn't interesting enough on its own to probably get me in Stanford; even if they do not see the full vision. Where did the previous director of the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center get his PHD from in Elementary Particle Physics? UCI.

Time management? I have set up Statpedia in such a way where it runs itself. I hardly have to lift a finger leaving my schedule completely open so that I can do whatever I want while it continues to grow in size and scope. Even now with what has been developed, the amount of statistics entered into statpedia 50 years from now is incomprehensible. There is a statistic for every possible thing on this planet. How many cats are in your neighborhood, how many fruits and vegetables the average person ate in 1952, if you look around your room I am sure you can see something that you can make a statistic out of. The foundation has now been established so that anyone in the world can upload a statistic of anything thinkable.

Even if I do not know everything, I will continue to hire and work alongside intelligent people to get things where they need to be.

It won't be brains that get me there, I can assure you that. Who earns the big bucks and why? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O59-C4hZJ8o

I will be at the top of the food chain whether or not anyone chooses to acknowledge so.

For all of you who have been nice to me along the way, I say thank you, and apologize for this post.

lol you're fukkin gay mate

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

quote:

UCI is in my opinion the best campus in Southern California.

lol

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

i've always been on the fence about whether ian is somebody's sockpuppet but after that meltdown it's kind of irrelevant. 4.5/5 would give an extra .5 for cheesy biscuits

sports
Sep 1, 2012
ian you're incompetent

kickstarters are for artists

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

goldmine

gently caress

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

hey ian

umad?

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally

Ian McLean posted:

:staredog:

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

Ian McLean posted:

Thanks for all the input. I must say.. I am pretty happy I found this YOSPOS thing.

Everyone seems really smart in a lot of good stuff.

Mondrian
Jan 8, 2011
nice meltdown fucklord

time to go study some particle physics and fuckin bra-ket notation so you can earn that condo

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Markov Chain Chomp posted:

i've always been on the fence about whether ian is somebody's sockpuppet but after that meltdown it's kind of irrelevant. 4.5/5 would give an extra .5 for cheesy biscuits

pretty obvious since he just happened to post his grand plans in shsc's rear end in a top hat. Its probably graham

Guido van Possum
Apr 7, 2012

by T. Finninho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wui-PNqJrxs

im the rabbit

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
hey ian man I haven't read anything in the thread so far just wanted to say I hope the website project is going well

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
also man just to let you know you can just type "$50 million", the "dollars" is redundant. hope that helps with the slideshow for your vc pitch!

Mondrian
Jan 8, 2011

Blackula69 posted:

hey graham man I haven't read anything in the thread so far just wanted to say I hope the pokemon project is going well

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
fresh coffee somebody broke ian sunny outside, good day so far

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru
aww man, now i gotsta go back a few pages to get to the root of the meltdown.

also: jab

jab

jab

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008
Don't believe that he was accepted to UCI for a masters in CS.

Seriously what was that class schedule.

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

FamDav posted:

Don't believe that he was accepted to UCI for a masters in CS.

Seriously what was that class schedule.

it's what a person with no advisor picks when they think they know what they're doing and don't talk to anyone in the department

seriously

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
youre all just trolls

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Ian McLean posted:

Not that Statpedia isn't interesting enough on its own to probably get me in Stanford;

i guess you better hope the stanford admissions committee has lower standards than the kickstarter users who passed on statpedia in favor of zombie law

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Ian McLean posted:

Ian McLean in request a tiny custom app thread posted:

Hi,

I am looking for some help developing Statpedia.

Here is a demo of the current progress: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z5uISriMtQ

The link to the website in it's current progress is statpedia.com/staging/week-21

anyways, if anyone is interested, feel free to contact me at ian@statpedia.com

Thanks,

Ian
why don't you just start a kickstarter for your life-affirming 50 million dollar house in laguna? or rope?

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

Proteus4994 posted:

it's what a person with no advisor picks when they think they know what they're doing and don't talk to anyone in the department

seriously

But somebody had to say "This person will make a fine addition to this school" and look at scores and grades from a school of some notoriety and say that and I just can't believe any or all of that is true.

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Ian McLean posted:

statpedia was doing just fine but you decided to pay :10bux: to stir up mocking on a forum

cool

Wirth1000 posted:

pretty obvious since he just happened to post his grand plans in shsc's rear end in a top hat. Its probably graham

otoh whoever it was had inside knowledge of the second kickstarter before it was published

makes u think

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Ian McLean posted:

i'm sorry too

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

now go home and get your loving shine box

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru
I'm remoted to my home machine at the minute - but can someone dig up the retrospective and do a word count comparison, I'm guessing it's a fairly close call.

I'd say that Tarmu probably still winos out, but... it's be nice to know for sure.

CaptainMeatpants
Jun 1, 2010

no tom definitely wins

0xB16B00B5
Aug 24, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
A 3 week retrospective on you stupid motherfuckers

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

0xB16B00B5 posted:

"Go gently caress yourselves."

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Ian McLean posted:

The null pointer is you dilz have fun in intro to machine learning :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano

0xB16B00B5 posted:

lol

• Locked thread