Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
God drat it. Sarah Watkins and PFT on a bluegrass special episode. Haven't listened to it yet but I know that it will be amazing!

Edit: Listened to it and I absolutely loved it. Interesting discussions, a few good jokes and amazing music and a very laid back atmosphere. And Kate Micucci was on it too!

Popelmon fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Sep 29, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
Joseph Gordon-Levitt owns.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
They are on a roll right now. Can't wait to listen to the episode.

Catching up on some of the backlog right now and I absolutely loved the episode with the Letterman writers. Give it a shot if you haven't yet.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

I really do think the Lionsgate buyout was a good thing. They have been pulling in some really good guests lately.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Next stop, Obama!

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
The actor talk got a little (a lot) yucky at parts, but I liked it overall.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
Not 100% podcast related but still cute as hell to me. My 14 year old wrote Enjoy Your Burrito on a paper for her science class just to be silly, her teacher hands the paper back and under it he wrote Nerdtastic! I just thought that was awesome. She thought it was neat as hell that her teacher was a fan.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Joseph Gordon-Levitt at the beginning of the podcast sounded like he was just doing another press interview, then he transitioned into "oh god who is this annoying rear end in a top hat" when chris started his annoying voice/bad interviewer poo poo, and then he started to relax when he slowly realised what the show was.

I enjoyed it

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

KinkyJohn posted:

Joseph Gordon-Levitt at the beginning of the podcast sounded like he was just doing another press interview, then he transitioned into "oh god who is this annoying rear end in a top hat" when chris started his annoying voice/bad interviewer poo poo, and then he started to relax when he slowly realised what the show was.

I enjoyed it

Great interview that really picked up steam when JGL was able to dive into some nerdier topics. I never would have pegged him as being into D&D, but he had a great DM from the sounds of it. Just another thing to be jealous of concerning that guy.

Analytic Engine fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Oct 5, 2012

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Anyone interested in a nerdist network thread like we have for earwolf?

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
I wouldn't be opposed. Some shows might not need a whole thread but still deserve mention. I didn't even know that the Watkins Family Hour existed until people got excited about Sara's appearance on the main Nerdist podcast.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

The Dark One posted:

I wouldn't be opposed. Some shows might not need a whole thread but still deserve mention. I didn't even know that the Watkins Family Hour existed until people got excited about Sara's appearance on the main Nerdist podcast.

I think that was just me :(.

But the idea is good, there is a bunch of great Nerdist podcasts.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Wow, at this rate the next guest will be the ghost of Orson Welles or something.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

No kidding, Tom loving Hanks out of nowhere.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Geekslinger posted:

No kidding, Tom loving Hanks out of nowhere.

:catstare:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I feel much better about my Storage Wars addiction now.

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
Dammit I want to marry that man

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I lost my poo poo for the Willie Mays bit.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
Tom Motherfucking Hanks, I am going to listen the poo poo outta this episode!

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Tom Hanks is the best episode Nerdist has ever done and it completely redeems how I feel about the podcast these days

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

I can't be the only one who wishes that they'd go back to the 2 a week schedule (one guest, one hostful), right?

ZentraediElite
Oct 22, 2002

I've never listened to Nerdist, but I downloaded the Tom Hanks episode after seeing the typewriter/letter business. Great episode.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
So weird hearing about Liam Lynch's cloned cat.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

I really gave the Wachowski episode a chance, but I could not get into it. Anthony Edwards was great though.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Geekslinger posted:

I really gave the Wachowski episode a chance, but I could not get into it. Anthony Edwards was great though.

Yeah I had to turn that off as well. AE was pretty dull to me for some reason.

The best interviews are the people that know who chris is and what the podcast is like. Others you can tell are just in 'auto pilot' mode.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Neil Gaiman talking about how great Craig Ferguson is was awesome.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Neil Gaiman talking about how great Craig Ferguson is was awesome.

The entire Neil Gaiman episode was wonderful.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Man Nerdist is on a roll with a lot of great guests all of a sudden. Podcast has gotten much better recently.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Agreed, I wish today's podcast was exponentially longer.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
Oh man, that Max Landis episode. I guess Chris Hardwick is a wonderful angel with infinite patience, with the capacity to see the best in all.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship: Mel Brooks :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Yannick_B posted:

Oh man, that Max Landis episode. I guess Chris Hardwick is a wonderful angel with infinite patience, with the capacity to see the best in all.

Yeah, I could not make it through that episode. That loving guy....

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Hardwick is, from what I understand, one of those recovered alcoholics who got REALLY into that mindset of 'everyone is good deep down' which is a totally admirable way to go through life, but yea it leads to him not calling assholes out a lot which can make some interviews unbearable because it's just some dick rambling while Chris just kinda nods.

Oh also

I'm legit happy he's been able to get such great guests, it's a treat for us and he obviously loves getting the chance to meet them, dude's just a big fanboy still and that's adorable :3:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I've seen Max Landis get mocked on both BSS and here, what's his issue? Is he just really obnoxious?

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
He talked about how some brain thing made him explosively over-emotional, and that he had to be medicated to not take every single event in his life as the most important thing ever. But then he stopped taking the medication as an adult and he's totally fine and here's this diatribe about why he has all these awesome movie ideas that he just can't get around to touching and and and

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Dark One posted:

He talked about how some brain thing made him explosively over-emotional, and that he had to be medicated to not take every single event in his life as the most important thing ever. But then he stopped taking the medication as an adult and he's totally fine and here's this diatribe about why he has all these awesome movie ideas that he just can't get around to touching and and and

Yea I don't recall him doing anything really bad, he's just a really annoying douchebag who can't shut up about how clever he is. Less 'bad person' and more 'insufferable rear end' I guess.

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
At least I'm not the only one who thought that Max dude was a total tool.

The Maria Bamford Interview was very fascinating, It was a bit darker than I thought it would be. Im sure it would have been a diferent podcast with Matt and Jonah there.

RadioactiveKid fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Dec 1, 2012

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

RadioactiveKid posted:

At least I'm not the only one who thought that Max dude was a total tool.

He's clever and funny dude but jesus his energy level and rambling is exhausting. Also he has no filter for talking in industry speak considering he grew up around it. So yeah hes a real tool.

However, youtube "The Death and Return of superman" because he is very funny and so is the whole thing.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
And now they have Ron Perlman. What the gently caress.

Countdown to Barack Obama...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Tune into next Nerdist where Chris interviews Your Dead Grandma. Yea, he's got a connection or something I don't know, it's gonna be half Doctor Who jokes half unraveling the mystery of death!

• Locked thread