Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru
somebody should get him some reddit gold.

he'll be happier there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gold Dust Gasoline
Jul 11, 2006

just be yourself and you'll be fine
Pillbug
That was a good read but that poo poo is so classic it feels like a troll I mean drat

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

guys I have a confession, I'm actually ian. you all fell for my puppetry. how does it feel to get kickstarted

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

killed in tarm smash

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

i liked the part where he said shitstarter forums

that sound p cool imo

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Lex Kramer posted:

guys I have a confession, I'm actually ian. you all fell for my puppetry. how does it feel to get kickstarted
A+ would be trolled again

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Too bad it's real

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Lex Kramer posted:

right in the nad

ow

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
i won't lie, i went to grad school in cs without a cs undergrad either.

the difference is that my undergrad was math not philosophy, and i spent 4 years going to a local university part-time (while working full-time) to catch up on the undergrad classes because i knew i was woefully unprepared for grad school

if only i had known that i could watch some courses on itunes u and get into "the best university in southern california" :(

e: also i'm fully aware that i'm not a great coder yet. another difference between us i guess

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!

peepsalot posted:

i liked the part where he said shitstarter forums

that sound p cool imo

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Ian McLean posted:

Seriously go gently caress yourself man. What do you think this thing is: https://class.coursera.org/algo-2012-002/class/index

loving sick of negativity from stupid mother fuckers that don't even know what they are talking about.

Go gently caress yourself. Tired of being mocked by people here. Statpedia was doing just fine without all you mother fuckers giving me a hard time.

You all need to just play this video over and over again until your brain melts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wui-PNqJrxs Then after you watch that video, consider the concept of embracing positive constructive feedback.

You loving people are just bringing negativity in my life that I do not need. Someone mentioned bipolar... well no I am not bipolar. Being on these forums is like someone just constantly jabbing you in the side with a sharp stick. Just loving jabbing and jabbing and jabbing you in the side. This is the point where I snap, and say gently caress off.

When I am not on here, just expect me to be learning and researching stuff like this: http://www.dwavesys.com/en/dev-tutorials.html so that I will continue to stay ahead of the game. gently caress you and your primitive algorithms.

I will be a billionaire. Statpedia is the most beautiful search engine on the market. Search results are displayed on search for anyone to see without even having to click on anything, and time is only going to make this display better. Statpedia is first class. And when the statpedia code is reused with a landing page showing a different logo than "Statpedia", this search engine will be the foundation for any niche search topic on the internet.

Then, once there is all these micro niche search engines for varying topics, I can bring them all together for the macro search, and make more money than Google because my search is better, more intelligent, more beautiful, and cleaner.

So go gently caress yourself man. I need to afford my $50 million dollar house in Laguna Beach before the age of 30 or my entire life on this planet is loving worthless.

Just for the record... there isn't anywhere nicer on this planet in terms of weather, food, beautiful women, and nice stuff than Orange County and some parts of North County San Diego. UCI is in my opinion the best campus in Southern California. I can go anywhere for school. I am not surrounded by ghetto LA scum like USC. I loving hate LA. They are trash and full of fakeness. UCSD... I loving hate eucalyptus trees. Those things just pollute their poo poo everywhere. I might as well be living in India or China going to UCSD with all those lovely eucalyptus leaf droppings everywhere comparable to people letting their children poo poo on the streets.

http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/world-university-rankings/2012/one-hundred-under-fifty That's right... UCI is ranked 4th in the world, and best in the country for universities under the age of 50.

If I want to go to Stanford... I don't even have to apply to Stanford. How? Here is one possibility: Nicely say to someone that I want to study at the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, and it is probably not much more than filling out a few documents and being in good academic standing. Then... if I am up at Stanford, all I have to do is show that I am likable and competent to right person, and I am in their school (IF I WANT TO GO THERE). Not that Statpedia isn't interesting enough on its own to probably get me in Stanford; even if they do not see the full vision. Where did the previous director of the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center get his PHD from in Elementary Particle Physics? UCI.

Time management? I have set up Statpedia in such a way where it runs itself. I hardly have to lift a finger leaving my schedule completely open so that I can do whatever I want while it continues to grow in size and scope. Even now with what has been developed, the amount of statistics entered into statpedia 50 years from now is incomprehensible. There is a statistic for every possible thing on this planet. How many cats are in your neighborhood, how many fruits and vegetables the average person ate in 1952, if you look around your room I am sure you can see something that you can make a statistic out of. The foundation has now been established so that anyone in the world can upload a statistic of anything thinkable.

Even if I do not know everything, I will continue to hire and work alongside intelligent people to get things where they need to be.

It won't be brains that get me there, I can assure you that. Who earns the big bucks and why? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O59-C4hZJ8o

I will be at the top of the food chain whether or not anyone chooses to acknowledge so.

For all of you who have been nice to me along the way, I say thank you, and apologize for this post.

R.I.P. Ian on shitstarter forums. Peace.

that's good, where'd you c/p this from

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Proteus4994 posted:

i won't lie, i went to grad school in cs without a cs undergrad either.

the difference is that my undergrad was math not philosophy, and i spent 4 years going to a local university part-time (while working full-time) to catch up on the undergrad classes because i knew i was woefully unprepared for grad school

if only i had known that i could watch some courses on itunes u and get into "the best university in southern california" :(

e: also i'm fully aware that i'm not a great coder yet. another difference between us i guess

let he with the unclogged pipes cast the first stone.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

We must destroy Ian in order to save him.

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

I bet the twist ending is Dracula's dick-babies
wait, if you can't say anything nice you're not supposed to say anything at all? then why does ian keep talking about statpedia

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

I think I am just going to curl up in a ball and cry myself to sleep.

Guido van Possum
Apr 7, 2012

by T. Finninho
it gets better

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Ian McLean posted:

you could always stop browsing but i guess that works too

or learn how to computer, i guess

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

ian your site is shite pack it in and flip a burger for your living #yolo #whoa #billiamgrates

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Sagebrush posted:

can this thread still be about worthless kickstarters or is this just the ian mclean depreciation station?

cause well i found this list of terrible poo poo that i won't even describe, it speaks for itself

https://angel.co/done-deals

lol the same day this was posted ian made a barebones profile there to beg for statpedia money with nothing but a one-line project description with the tag "Irvine"

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Vicas posted:

learn how to funny computer

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
oh sorry ian that was rude of me. i thought you were gone and we could gossip about you behind your back :shobon:

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything
You guys act like I am just completely retarded.

P.S. That kickstarter photo was taken while studying at King's College at Cambridge during my Undergrad.

tef
May 30, 2004

-> some l-system crap ->

Ian McLean posted:

please bottle your tears and sell them on kickstarter

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

lol the same day this was posted ian made a barebones profile there to beg for statpedia money with nothing but a one-line project description with the tag "Irvine"

1 Follower

Ian McLean posted:

:ironicat:

Posting Principle
Dec 10, 2011

by Ralp

if statpedia doesn't work out you can still follow your dreams and become thor

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Ian McLean posted:

P.S. That kickstarter photo was taken while studying at King's College at Cambridge during my Undergrad.
Are we supposed to be impressed? I did a semester at the LSE, big friggin wup

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It is Graham. He got sacked ("Uh huh no I jumped before it sank...Julian Assflange you witless fool") and is spending his unemployed days making elaborate trolls for us to enjoy.

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
hey

hey ian

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

Jerry SanDisky posted:

if statpedia doesn't work out you can still follow your dreams and become thor

yes

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
if it's a troll it's high-effort and a whole lot better than pages of korean_girl_glue_toothpaste.gif

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ian i dunno if you realized it but this web sight is not really a big friendly positive and optimistic place like most of the internet is, and most of the people here derive immense pleasure from "dissing" or "trashing" ("flaming" in web speak) people who they perceive as stupid, insane, self-centered or otherwise worthy of mockery

you actually got some pretty good tough love suggestions earlier in this thread but you chose to ignore them and so everyone kind of went "welp enough of that then" and really let loose and your big meltdown up there is the ideal and intended outcome

i am truly sorry for your loss but i would suggest myspace as a "safety site" as i have heard it is A Place For Friends

Guido van Possum
Apr 7, 2012

by T. Finninho
can you really make money by being thor?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Ian McLean posted:

:siren:

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Guido van Possum posted:

can you really make money by being thor?

cheap electricity and access to more land for the US just across this rainbow bridge?? the man will be heralded as america's new white savior

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

Sagebrush posted:

ian i dunno if you realized it but this web sight is not really a big friendly positive and optimistic place like most of the internet is, and most of the people here derive immense pleasure from "dissing" or "trashing" ("flaming" in web speak) people who they perceive as stupid, insane, self-centered or otherwise worthy of mockery

you actually got some pretty good tough love suggestions earlier in this thread but you chose to ignore them and so everyone kind of went "welp enough of that then" and really let loose and your big meltdown up there is the ideal and intended outcome

i am truly sorry for your loss but i would suggest myspace as a "safety site" as i have heard it is A Place For Friends

I know I got a lot of good feedback, and it wasn't ignored. I am working on the stuff.

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
ian, it was suggested multiple times by multiple different people, that you end your own life.

where are we on that? do we need to have a quick stand up? i look forward to the burn down once its done.

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything
So... do you guys actually think I might have a shot if I ramp up this profile and seriously put some effort into it? https://angel.co/statpedia

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano

Ian McLean posted:

which years were you there? theres a good chance i know your former classmates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

Milkie Galore posted:

which years were you there? theres a good chance i know your former classmates

I was there in 2008.

• Locked thread