Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Devo posted:

We're about to begin the Championship Series in Hometown and it looks like we'll have a couple vacancies. If anyone is interested in picking up another team shoot me a message and I'll let the commish know.

We're 4-5 days from rollover depending on when the world series ends. Two openings for sure. Recruitment thread is here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
What kind of a world is Hometown?

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:

jeffersonlives posted:

No Jeff's allowed.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Scrotos posted:

No Jeff's allowed.
you're allowed to have one

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

jeffersonlives posted:

Very quiet and laid back most of the time. There's a super team in each league (Toronto and Madison) but other than that the teams are pretty balanced. I'm of the opinion that the super teams are in a slight decline as other ownership gets better. A bit harder to get trades done than in Dimaggio. Is there really any world that trades more than Dimaggio though?

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.
FWIW, I've always thought Hometown was very tough to trade in. I heard that Mordecai was also tough to trade in so I expected it to be similar to Hometown. I've made six trades in Mordecai through the offseason + the first 20-some-odd games. I've made ten trades total in Hometown from seasons 17-20. It's definitely the stingiest trade world of the four I've played in.

Beyond that, yeah, it's pretty laid back, basically drama free. Aside from a couple of clunkers the bulk of the owners are average-at-worst. I've developed a nice, friendly rivalry with Buffalo's owner. It's not very exciting but it's a nice, safe world if you're looking to add a team and don't want to risk falling into a Greenwell situation.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

My random captain is Carlos Lee. Ugh. Well, at least I get a few of those awesome Magglio seasons, and I guess 2012 Jose Altuve!

Edit: Oh my god, this pitching is bleak.

ArtVandelay fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Oct 9, 2012

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I got Placido Polanco. I think it was a pretty decent draw. Would have been a super awesome draw at $100 million.

Early draft but probably pretty close to what I'll end up with. I'm thinking Comerica Park but that might kill my HRs too much.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Devo fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Oct 9, 2012

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.
I've already entered but here's what I've got.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Kind of bored at work so I'm also playing around with this

I don't know if a pitching staff this bad will win me any games

e: took this to its logical conclusion and put Maggs in too

Devo fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Oct 10, 2012

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I can't remember the random captain rules. If someone (not your random captain) has a combined season with another team, can you only pick that part season he was with your random captain, or can you pick the whole season.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

ArtVandelay posted:

I can't remember the random captain rules. If someone (not your random captain) has a combined season with another team, can you only pick that part season he was with your random captain, or can you pick the whole season.

Pretty sure you can take the combined season as long as the team name is correct

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

This isn't quite as awful as I thought, although this bullpen is going to walk it's fair share.

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

ArtVandelay posted:

This isn't quite as awful as I thought, although this bullpen is going to walk it's fair share.

This team is great because it includes both Jose Altuve and Roy Oswalt. Go Art.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Altuve rules and I really hope he can be awesome in the AL next season.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.
That is one terrible Michael Young season for $7M

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Bob Shabazz posted:

That is one terrible Michael Young season for $7M

My other SS options were extremely bleak. I basically had to use Young.

Edit: I could get 2009 Miguel Tejada, but i'd probably rather stick with Young.

ArtVandelay fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Oct 10, 2012

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Here's my team. All I need to do is add a bench of scrubs and get a cheaper bullpen.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

A shortstop might help too

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

What the hell he's on my team still but the screen shot didn't get it? It's 2006 Jose Reyes.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

This league seems like it could be fun

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

The dueling Loaiza's

I, of course, lose.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Thanks for putting me in this world Nasboat :suicide:

Someone already tried to pick off my best talent for garbage.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Scrotos posted:

Thanks for putting me in this world Nasboat :suicide:

Someone already tried to pick off my best talent for garbage.

I don't know, man. I think you should totally do it.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Add up the OVRs man. 123 is way more than 80. Plus those guys have potential for growth! You'd be stupid not to take that deal.

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!
Hardball Dynasty Season 22: Add Up The OVRs

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Nerokerubina posted:

Hardball Dynasty Season 22: Add Up The OVRs

Hardball Dynasty Season 5: "Marvin Lyon Will Be A Hall Of Famer"

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

ArtVandelay posted:

Hardball Dynasty Season X: "Art's Pick Will Be A Hall Of Famer For Another Franchise"

fixed.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Vinny Stewart will die a member of my franchise. CURSE BROKEN.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Art, you should seriously come back if Madison or some current pubbie-owned franchise opens up.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Power of Pecota posted:

Art, you should seriously come back if Madison or some current pubbie-owned franchise opens up.

I actually was thinking about asking. I've had 2 seasons off, and i'm not burned out anymore.

I think I burned my bridges, though. There are a few people who probably wouldn't want me back.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

ArtVandelay posted:

I think I burned my bridges, though. There are a few people who probably wouldn't want me back.

Who?

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

ArtVandelay posted:

I actually was thinking about asking. I've had 2 seasons off, and i'm not burned out anymore.

Come back :glomp:

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

TMB and CJL for sure

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.
If Art comes back we have to implement a new rule: he has to run every one of his trades by someone before accepting them.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

AlleyViper posted:

If Art comes back we have to implement a new rule: he has to run every one of his trades by someone before accepting them.

Nooooooo that's all the fun

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

If I were to take Madisons team, I would literally trade every single person on the team for nothing, and rebuild from the ground up.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

ArtVandelay posted:

If I were to take Madisons team, I would literally trade every single person on the team for nothing, and rebuild from the ground up.

this would be more trades than that franchise has had in its entire history

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Male. Bi. Unix. posted:

this would be more trades than that franchise has had in its entire history

I did this by like S20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I'm kind of interested to see if I can actually turn a different franchise around. Let's see if i've actually learned from any of my many many mistakes.

I probably haven't

• Locked thread