Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

made more money so far than statpedia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Vicas posted:

i think i had one of these when i was 5 except it was like a little cave i could go into and also was sold by a real furniture store and not a dude who looks like he failed wood shop.
tahnks guys for funding my kickstarter, i'll post an update when i get back from lowes!!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Fabricated posted:

tahnks guys for funding my kickstarter, i'll post an update when i get back from lowes!!

please dont rip off the yosvape development cycle

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

that bed-desk thing is goony but the woodworking itself isn't that bad. not furniture quality or anything but it looks stable (from the types of joints i would guess he worked construction for a while). it's a valid idea that with some extra work could be a decent piece of furniture for a small apt. he needs to not use cheap unfinished 2x4s though.

also his statement that all the structural wooden pieces will be steel in the production version :laffo: that's gonna weigh about a million pounds and quadruple the cost for zero benefit unless the user is hugely obese

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Fabricated posted:

stretch goals: if we get to $100,000 i will personally paint it in the color of your choice.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I like the idea but realistically it will always remain in either bed mode or desk mode because I don't make beds or clear desks

Guido van Possum
Apr 7, 2012

by T. Finninho

clear your throat and try again

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I mean I've had a hardon for murphy beds ever since who framed roger rabbit so this speaks to me

on the other hand. Is it a futooooooooon??

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

checked the projects he's backing

:smith:

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Werthog posted:

kickstarter.png

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1118778560/translation-for-my-fathers-novel?ref=search

i hope that one day my future offspring will seek to share my breaking bad and arrested delevopment crossover slashfic with the world

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

Vicas posted:

click a link

read a wikipedia

idgi

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Desk bed needs a cork board

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Sagebrush posted:

that's gonna weigh about a million pounds and quadruple the cost for zero benefit unless the user is hugely obese

like you even have to ask

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
oh just realized after you flipped your mattress one time you'd have a neverending light shower of dead skin flakes falling on your desktop every time you moved in bed

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

after living in dorms and lovely boxy apartments in college i could see a market for the beddesk

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
all the cool kids will get bunk beds with desks underneath like normal not a giant skin flake shedding contraption that will collapse through the floor killing your neighbours when its fabricated in metal

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
sharpen one side of the bed rail, instant giant paper cutter for all your super sick rasterbations

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
this also hamstrings the 'study session transition to bed' maneuver, but i don't expect any purchasers to be aware of that factor

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME

Jonny 290 posted:

sharpen one side of the bed rail, instant giant paper cutter for all your super sick rasterbations

also handy to open a vein on when the realization dawns on you that owning it precludes a relationship because somebody always has to get out of bed either time one of you feels like doing something useful but its cool because you never feel like doing anything useful anyway and the bed is the least of your problems when it comes to crippling loneliness and oh god why did he paint it grey

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
ALGORITHMS! ALGORITHMS! ALGORITHMS! ALGORITHMS! ALGORITHMS!

-Steve "Ian McLean" Ballmer

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

My bed frame is storage boxes. Like, it's a real bed frame but then you lift up the mattress and its 100 cf of storage. My house is 450 sq ft and I can find space for a desk, if you can't then rethink ur priorities

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Nomnom Cookie posted:

My bed frame is storage boxes. Like, it's a real bed frame but then you lift up the mattress and its 100 cf of storage. My house is 450 sq ft and I can find space for a desk, if you can't then rethink ur priorities

i just bought some hand made cowboy boots today and live in a 1200 square foot apartment and need more space

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
tbqh they're boss they're exactly what i've been looking for in a boot all year

roper design but walking heel, they're the poo poo

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano
ahahah look at those uncuffed jeans. nice troll. try to be more subtle in future

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
i was on a trip for work for a day like hell i'm going to bring along two pairs of nice clothes

besides i don't splurge on jeans because i switch between 2 pair and wear them out far too fast to justify the cost

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:
that bed desk would just lead me to basically doing all my work laying in bed because gently caress all the effort of lifting my bed up

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano

flyboi posted:

i was on a trip for work for a day like hell i'm going to bring along two pairs of nice clothes

besides i don't splurge on jeans because i switch between 2 pair and wear them out far too fast to justify the cost

lol im kidding man cuffing jeans is hella w&w

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

flyboi posted:

i just bought some hand made cowboy boots today and live in a 1200 square foot apartment and need more space
Try throwing things out. If u have apple products and a toilet ur good to go

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Toilet is optional if u have chill neighbors

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Nomnom Cookie posted:

Try throwing things out. If u have apple products and a toilet ur good to go

i sold a bunch of poo poo in sa mart and i'm gonna sell off all my non-lucchese classics boots because i got 7 pairs now and anything not hand-made is not worth my diseased feet

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Cryin Burnigan posted:

that bed desk would just lead me to basically doing all my work laying in bed because gently caress all the effort of lifting my bed up

stretch goal: found these hydraulic lift things in home depot, figure i could throw them in too so you guys don't strain yourselves lifting up your giant fatass mattress.

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

flyboi posted:

i sold a bunch of poo poo in sa mart and i'm gonna sell off all my non-lucchese classics boots because i got 7 pairs now and anything not hand-made is not worth my diseased feet
If its still worth money try using it more

Then throw it out

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Nomnom Cookie posted:

If its still worth money try using it more

Then throw it out

lol you must not know me

is it a gadget?

does flyboi have it?

he does now!!!!!!!

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Werthog posted:

kickstarter version of wikigroaning

Guido van Possum
Apr 7, 2012

by T. Finninho
what did u get banned for?

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Guido van Possum posted:

what did u get banned for?

Alereon posted:

sorry about that yosbros. sometimes people do mean things, either because they didn't think about how they would make people feel or maybe because they are just mean. i would like us to take a moment to be thankful that most yosbros are nice and chill and wouldn't post pictures of rotten jizz. :glomp:

i guess that

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
I would have unironically loved one of these in my tiny Harlem apartment

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Jonny 290 posted:

this also hamstrings the 'study session transition to bed' maneuver, but i don't expect any purchasers to be aware of that factor
Excellent point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Milkie Galore posted:

lol im kidding man cuffing jeans is hella w&w

b-b-b-b-but hemming costs money

• Locked thread