Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Bubba sounds like white trash who lives beyond his means based on what he used to say on the air. He was so totally broke when he was at Sirius, yet his wife there was spending $2500 a month on clothing on vacations?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Kelly, let me tell you about this state called Florida.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

ch3cooh posted:

If you ever want a laugh read some of RadioIO's quarterly filings with the SEC

e:

Look at that G&A! Someone is getting paid even if it's not Bubba!

Yeah I'm no financial genius, but all those parenthesis can't be good. It's like when I accidentally put my paycheck in the "debit" column of my register instead of the "credit" one. I'm actually amazed they survived past 2011.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Oct 10, 2012

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

ch3cooh posted:

If you ever want a laugh read some of RadioIO's quarterly filings with the SEC

Look at that G&A! Someone is getting paid even if it's not Bubba!

I'm a very, very dumb man. (Explaining why I was a huge Bubba mark during the Sirius years)

But he's burying "something" in that G&A right? I'm reading it as being double their income in 1Q 2011, and again exceeding the income in 2012?

I guess maybe the cost of the studio might be built in through that, something about those numbers are rattling around in my head though.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Oh I almost forgot about his Chicken Dip business.
He really has tons of these little side projects and I am sure they are all under different companies and shell corporations.

Its like Tony Soprano saying on his tax returns that his income is all from his sanitation consulting services.

I will say this for the man, during the two years when he didnt have a radio gig he paid his staff out of his own pocket.
I dont see Howard doing that.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Bonzo posted:

Kelly, let me tell you about this state called Florida.

Point taken.

Her 16k a month in living expenses seems pretty excessive though.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Oh I almost forgot about his Chicken Dip business.
He really has tons of these little side projects and I am sure they are all under different companies and shell corporations.

Its like Tony Soprano saying on his tax returns that his income is all from his sanitation consulting services.

I will say this for the man, during the two years when he didnt have a radio gig he paid his staff out of his own pocket.
I dont see Howard doing that.

No, but Howard isn't a total rear end in a top hat either. He's only stayed on the radio as long as he has because he feels so responsible for the people he employs.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

ahahaha I forgot about this

quote:

Heather also gets a raft of cooking utensils and equipment, plus the couple's Chevrolet Suburban and Chevy Silverado. That leaves Bubba with just a Harley and a 2001 and a 2003 Daewoo to get around. Two Daewoos?

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

I don't know why, but I liked hearing from Henry Winkler on today's show. I'm not exactly his biggest fan or anything, but he just seemed like a fairly straight-forward guy.

But man does he sound gay. When did THAT happen? (Oh myyyy...)

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Ribsauce posted:

I remember he was putting himself over about how great of a deal he got, and saying everyone else was a mark for not buying two Daewoos.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Ribsauce posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD-308vaiUE

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Sasquatch! posted:

I don't know why, but I liked hearing from Henry Winkler on today's show. I'm not exactly his biggest fan or anything, but he just seemed like a fairly straight-forward guy.

I work at a hotel as a doorman/bellman and the very first person I ever took up to a room alone during training was Winkler. In the elevator a lady said "It's my son's birthday today. Can you say happy birthday?" Not only did he say it, he made a packed elevator sing it for the kid.

He, then, went to his room, and ask I was going over the amenities of the room, he could tell I was nervous and asked why. I told him it was my second day and I was a little unsure of myself. He said "Don't worry about it. If you hadn't told me I never would have known. You're doing a great job, [name]."

He tipped me $20 and thanked me for bringing his stuff up to his room. The nicest guy on the planet.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
Well, I stand corrected on my earlier cynical posts relating to the least-erotic celebrity sex tape ever released, the Heather Clem/Hulk Hogan opus. Not only did Stern & Co not avoid the subject, they even serendipitously had Hogan scheduled as a guest just after the tape "dropped", and he (to his credit as well) neither cancelled nor refused to talk about it. Good stuff (if you enjoy nouveau-riche redneck trainwrecks).

Now if he could just get Lindsay Lohan and both of her parents on the show ...

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Sasquatch! posted:

You should check out his character on "Arrested Development".

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
That's a really cool story Moniker. It gives me much more respect for Winkler.

And color me surprised as well about the Hogan interview. I would have bet money that they avoided that subject as best they could, but they didn't. It almost makes me wonder if Bubba is behind it's release, and wanted the publicity :tinfoil:

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Happy Birthday Artie! It always makes me feel good to know we share a birthday and a love of pancakes. I never messed with heroin however.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Are you following canon and washing them down with chocolate shakes?

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

It's a Heartache (along with so many other songs, especially Photograph) have been ruined by the Stern show for me.
Last week I was at the doctor's office and It's a Heartache was playing in the elevator/lobby, and of course all I ended up catching myself singing along "he's gaining so much god damned weight..."

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

For me, I can't go Christmas shopping anymore with out almost bursting into, "Release Robin's bra"

Although for some reason Hall and Oats gets played a lot in stores here so I'm always hearing "Robin's Tits are fat"

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

AxeManiac posted:

Happy Birthday Artie! It always makes me feel good to know we share a birthday and a love of pancakes. I never messed with heroin however.

Did you stab yourself a couple times in the gut to keep the trend going?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
The Robin songs get a little tired, but Release Robin's Bra is just so amazing. I miss all the KC Armstrong songs too. I wish Sal and Richard would do more song parodies, the guys they have now are really good but just lack that odd ball childish nature. Most of the robin songs sound like instructional videos, not like a dude singing about silly poo poo.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Manifest posted:

It's a Heartache (along with so many other songs, especially Photograph) have been ruined by the Stern show for me.
Last week I was at the doctor's office and It's a Heartache was playing in the elevator/lobby, and of course all I ended up catching myself singing along "he's gaining so much god damned weight..."

He's gonna be on Entourage but his rear end is the size of a garage, he's gonna lose that job. Cause Artie loves paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaancakes.

Also....

Vending machine, cookies, candy, cupcakes filled with cream.

Prons
Oct 11, 2012

Chick Magnet.

Sasquatch! posted:

He sounded kind of enthusiastic but I didn't think he sounded gay. I thought it was great that he gave props to John Ritter.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

AxeManiac posted:

The Robin songs get a little tired, but Release Robin's Bra is just so amazing. I miss all the KC Armstrong songs too. I wish Sal and Richard would do more song parodies, the guys they have now are really good but just lack that odd ball childish nature. Most of the robin songs sound like instructional videos, not like a dude singing about silly poo poo.

All of Richard's pre-Get John's Job calls/songs were hilarious.
And Sal himself has given us gems, not because they're good, but because of the insight they give into his mind.
I'm gonna start harassing Richard on twitter for more songs.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Who is Pon?

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
Gary...and Neil deGrasse Tyson? http://twitpic.com/b37ojx

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

musclecoder posted:

Gary...and Neil deGrasse Tyson? http://twitpic.com/b37ojx

They all have shows on the Nerdist YouTube channel.

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010

AxeManiac posted:

So I guess, uh, we have video "proof" that Artie is back on the horse:

http://youtu.be/CzULa6KnXSg

Endless speculation (and gifs) at Dawgsaloon if you want to go down that rabbit hole: http://www.dawgsaloon.com/showthread.php/42906-Artie-Lange-sugar-crash

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Maybe he was just doing a show over the weekend, and it's cupcake Wednesday so he's having a sugar crash, and he can't handle the early mornings?

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010
Nick is hosed.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

porkfriedrice posted:

Nick is hosed.
Doesn't he have a contract, though? Hopefully it's not tied to Artie's...

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Magic Johnson was on The Daily Show last night.

He never at any point informed Jon Stewart "you bad" like I hoped he would :mad:

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

If Artie is indeed back on H, how many people think Howard would find an excuse to skip the funeral?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Manifest posted:

If Artie is indeed back on H, how many people think Howard would find an excuse to skip the funeral?

Howard would only attend the funeral if there were significant media coverage and other celebrities to rub shoulders with.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

porkfriedrice posted:

So I guess, uh, we have video "proof" that Artie is back on the horse:

http://youtu.be/CzULa6KnXSg

Endless speculation (and gifs) at Dawgsaloon if you want to go down that rabbit hole: http://www.dawgsaloon.com/showthread.php/42906-Artie-Lange-sugar-crash

75 days until Christmas. Wonder what he'll cut to get light headed this year?

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
love this comment at dawgs saloon

"artie looks like a maurice sendak drawing"

:lol:

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

Doesn't he have a contract, though? Hopefully it's not tied to Artie's...

If Artie is gone, Nick is back to angrily yelling to people in a small club.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

AxeManiac posted:

If Artie is gone, Nick is back to angrily yelling to people in a small club.

Direct TV has a lot invested in the show. I'm sure they would at least try some people in the "Artie" chair. It's not like Howard runs the N&A Show.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Looking at Artie it's not even the heroin that will be an issue for him. That guy's heart has got to be on its way out. I'm utterly convinced there's no way drugs are going to get him, his ticker is just going to give out one day(3-5 years if he continues to weigh as much as he does now) and that's going to be it. The drugs are one thing but he's eating his way to an early grave more than anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I saw Jason Kaplan at a restaurant last night. He seemed surprised that I recognized him, and looks like he has lost weight.