Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unixbeard
Dec 29, 2004

flyboi posted:

tbqh they're boss they're exactly what i've been looking for in a boot all year

roper design but walking heel, they're the poo poo

these are some fine boots :tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
wear darker jeans though

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
jean choices in south dakota really blow rear end, the only brands i could find in the mall were lee, wrangler and levis. ~my partner~ hates when i wear levis so i had to go with lee because wrangler are absolute trash

perhaps i'll fix that while i'm in chicago in a few weeks

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
and i thought food deserts were a problem :sigh:

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
they have other brands but everyone's all busy about skinny jeans nobody wants boot cut anymore

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

what's wrong with levis? provided you buy the good ones and not lovely walmart versions

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
idk he's racist against the pockets vOv i don't mind them

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
yospos jeanchat

what is this
Sep 11, 2001

it is a lemur

flyboi posted:

jean choices in south dakota really blow rear end, the only brands i could find in the mall were lee, wrangler and levis. ~my partner~ hates when i wear levis so i had to go with lee because wrangler are absolute trash

perhaps i'll fix that while i'm in chicago in a few weeks

Levis are fine. 510/511 or 514 if you're fat like me.

Amazon ships them with prime.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

graph posted:

yospos jeanchat

...jorts?

what is this
Sep 11, 2001

it is a lemur

JLG has really redeemed himself with his blog.

Of course after doing a not-great job at Apple, loving up Be and PalmSource, you can only give him so much credit...

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

How do we feel about people who really couldn't afford it having "purchased" a OUYA devkit and now realising 1. OUYA isn't going to happen 2. They need the money?

Some dude on NeoGAF posted:

I don't know if I've just been missing it, but I orded an Ouya SDK and haven't seen any updates. =[

I can use that 120 right now -__-

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

people who can't afford to spend 120 dollars here and tehre without affecting their quality of life shouldn't be "buying" video game consoles on kickstarter (read: throwing the money in a hole)

i said at the beginnning that ouya is going to be a huge meltdown, give it a few more months to reach critical mass and watch it take down kickstarter entirely

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Oct 11, 2012

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:

Pinterest Mom posted:

How do we feel about people who really couldn't afford it having "purchased" a OUYA devkit and now realising 1. OUYA isn't going to happen 2. They need the money?

the picture in that thread you linked is a disaster. why does anyone need that many games? there aren't that many good games on consoles

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
having stacks of physical disks taking up space in my house literally makes me sick

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

that lady is doing a large scale study of the role of women in games, she's not going to actually enjoy them

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

although the context I read your post in might not be the one you meant, I do agree she will likely not be enjoying many of the games.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
its october 11 2012 and there is one lone person defending ouya in games's ouya thread

also they hired a software manager and a hardware manager and a board chairman but no actual People That Make Stuff and the dev units are shipping in 3 months

Sagebrush posted:

i said at the beginnning that ouya is going to be a huge meltdown

whoa nelly ur really smart what other nuggets of pure genius can u boast about

if you couldnt tell ouya was vaporware within 5 seconds of knowing what it was you're a loving shithead idiot

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

people who can't afford to spend 120 dollars here and tehre without affecting their quality of life shouldn't be "buying" video game consoles on kickstarter (read: throwing the money in a hole)

i said at the beginnning that ouya is going to be a huge meltdown, give it a few more months to reach critical mass and watch it take down kickstarter entirely
No one will care. "Nerds buy dumb thing and lose their money" has 0 mob appeal. If you can find a grandma who got conned into giving them her savings it might be different

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Nomnom Cookie posted:

No one will care. "Nerds buy dumb thing and lose their money" has 0 mob appeal. If you can find a grandma who got conned into giving them her savings it might be different

Gaming Grandma Taken for a Ride By Devious "Developers"

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Nomnom Cookie posted:

No one will care. "Nerds buy dumb thing and lose their money" has 0 mob appeal.

won't someone please think of the IYG posters

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
Gaming Grandmas Hate This 1 Weird Old Single Mom

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Gaming Grandma Wins Local "Smash Bros" Tournament

Local competitor quoted as saying Marth is "cheap and gay."

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
compare ouya to pebble

pebble already had a proof of concept
pebble already had a team of developers, engineers and the founders
pebble already has a manufacturer and have been keeping updates with the manufacturing process

even when poo poo's being made and there is physical evidence, pebble is still behind by half a month of the projected release date and who knows when it ships

wrap it up ouya you're dumb

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
it's been wrapped for some time, but we have to wait til december to open presents

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
Muffi and I just got back from Taiwan and Hong Kong. We met with manufacturers and suppliers — all eager to bring OUYA to the world. We’ve decided on our design-manufacturing team, and we couldn’t be happier. We’re now finalizing our circuit-board layout, overall design, and what’s referred to as the “CMF” – colors, materials and finish.

Here are just some of the small, but important, questions we’re answering:

“Where will the circuit board rest within the console itself?”
“What’s the thermal impact within our little box?” (How do we keep it from getting too hot.)
“Where do we position the WiFi antenna for best performance?”
“Just how will the box open from the top, and what’s the first reaction we want our backers to have when they open it?”

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
By the way, if you rock Ruby on Rails or know Android like the back of your hand, don’t just sit there! Email us at jobs@ouya.tv and help us build OUYA.

kill everyone that uses 'rock' in this manner

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
idgi tho what's the point

http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/1700

a $20 board can run android and if someone were spergy enough could unfuck ouyo's crap for 1/5th the cost

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
ruby on rails..... :barf:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
wait is there really someone named Muffi

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Yodzilla posted:

it's probably his cat

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
we've answered some of the small, but important questions, such as:

-how is the thing even going to loving work

-the placement of the circuit board matters? lol

-something about not burning your house down or something idk

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Yodzilla posted:

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

graph posted:

we've answered some of the small, but important questions, such as:

-how is the thing even going to loving work

-the placement of the circuit board matters? lol

-something about not burning your house down or something idk

oh and what colors do you guys want it in? this is all about you, after all!

gregday
May 23, 2003

graph posted:

Muffi and I just got back from Taiwan and Hong Kong. We met with manufacturers and suppliers — all eager to bring OUYA to the world. We’ve decided on our design-manufacturing team, and we couldn’t be happier. We’re now finalizing our circuit-board layout, overall design, and what’s referred to as the “CMF” – colors, materials and finish.

“What’s the thermal impact within our little box?” (How do we keep it from getting too hot.)
“Just how will the box open from the top, and what’s the first reaction we want our backers to have when they open it?”

questions not worth addressing:

- why the gently caress would any developer waste time targeting this thing

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

graph posted:

the dev units are shipping in 3 months

lol ok

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

gregday posted:

questions not worth addressing:

- why the gently caress would any developer waste time targeting this thing

well you see, open source,

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
the phantom is coming just ya'all wait and see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

graph posted:

Good job at starting on stuff you should've had done before you ever put your kickstarter up.

Most of the absolute dumbest kickstarters that sell real physical products have proofs or prototypes done BEFORE they ever open their kickstarter and they still fail at a pretty consistent rate

The guy making the deskbed has put more thought into his kickstarter than the OUYA people put into their debacle

• Locked thread