Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

cbx, that really saves me some time but, and let's call it intuition, I think the Bangers will take a catcher with their own first-round pick, and pick players in the second-round in the following orders:

SP Spahn or better (this seems unlikely)
Joe Cronin
Willie Randolph
Votto/Giambi
Reliever. Not Remlinger.

And then, just a wild guess, I think the Phoenixes' exact preferences are:

Brett/Chipper
Killer/Papi/McGwire
Fred Lynn (why does Mogul hate Josh Hamilton so?)
SP Spahn or better

--Second round:

See above.
Votto/Giambi (please don't draft two 1B)
Cedeno/Sizemore/Carey
Reliever. Still not Remlinger. Or Dolf Luque, actually.

Alright, I couldn't find Marauder's prefs anywhere. I'll update shortly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
/\ PMs are a wondrous thing.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Base calumny!

Welp.

factorialite posted:

Just saw that. I'm trying to figure out the year.

'39 Foxx, from the Sharks. I would take the deal if I had anywhere to put him.

factorialite
Mar 3, 2008

by Lowtax
That deal is SO accepted.

Trading an inner circle HOF for an innerer circle HOF.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
Dynamo League Week 10 Injury Report

Barrow Daydreamers
Smoky Burgess (C) (Struck by NeyerBat) - 13 days

Burma Imperialists
Edgar Renteria (SS) (Opium Den Hijinks!) - 96 days

Fukuoka Finger-Bangers
Frank Thomas (1B) (Big Hurt) - 22 days

Polyarny Postmodernists
Bill Dickey (C) (Stopparded!) - 13 days

Portland Bulldogs
Lefty Gomez (SP) (Broken Hand) - 13 days

Rochester Generics
Donne Wall (RP) (You see, these German tourists heard about the Generics having a wall, and, caught up in the spirit of '89, they tried to tear it down, but then Donne Wall explained their confusion, and they all had a good laugh and went out for some drinks but then, while playing a game of darts, Donne Wall strained his shoulder, so now he's injured) - 111 days

All-Star Voting!

LURKERS! VOTE!

DL

C:
Johnny Bench (DUB) 9
Yogi Berra (CUN) 5
Brian McCann (CLU) 3
Ernie Lombardi (POR) 2
Joe Torre (ROC) 1

1B:
Mark McGwire (POR) 5
Albert Pujols (FLO) 4
Miguel Cabrera (CUN) 4
Jeff Bagwell (BUR) 4
Buck Leonard (DUB) 1

2B:
Eddie Collins (BUR) 10
Ray Durham (BAR) 4
Frankie Frisch (CLU) 3
Nap Lajoie (FLO) 2
Charlie Gehringer (POR) 1

3B:
Eddie Mathews (SXE) 13
Mike Schmidt (OLD) 3
Frank Baker (CUN) 2
Darrell Evans (CLU) 2

SS:
Alex Rodriguez (POU) 11
Honus Wagner (CLU) 5
Ozzie Smith (DUB) 2
Alan Trammell (FLO) 1
Joe Cronin (ROC) 1

LF:
Rickey Henderson (LOM) 13
Barry Bonds (RCH) 2
Fred Clarke (CLU) 2
Al Simmons (STP) 2
Joe Jackson (DUB) 1

CF:
Jim Edmonds (BUR) 6
Oscar Charleston (ROC) 6
Earl Averill (DUB) 4
Bernie Williams (OLD) 4
Willie Mays (LOM) 1

RF:
Frank Robinson (ROC) 11
Tony Gwynn (RCH) 4
Hank Aaron (SXE) 3
Magglio Ordonez (BAR) 1
Stan Musial (DUB) 1

DH:
Frank Thomas (ROC) 8
Daniel Bryan 6
Frank Howard (POR) 3
Ted Williams (NYF) 3

Manager:
Marauder (NYF) 8
TKBomber7285 (POR) 4
Beet (DUB) 4
ToiletofSadness (ROC) 3
blackmongoose (CUN) 1

SL

C:
Josh Gibson (IDA) 16
Mike Piazza (NFK) 2
Yogi Berra (COM) 2

1B:
John Olerud (SLA) 8
Willie McCovey (IDA) 5
Jimmie Foxx (RRS) 3
Mark Grace (CHO) 3
George Sisler (VIC) 1

2B:
Rogers Hornsby (COM) 8
Lou Whitaker (SLA) 8
Eddie Collins (LUN) 3
Roberto Alomar (FIN) 1

3B:
Wade Boggs (JUN) 9
Howilliams Monsoon (RRS) 8
Scott Rolen (SLA) 2
Ron Santo (CLN) 1

SS:
Derek Jeter (CHO) 8
Hanley Ramirez (CLN) 6
Ray Chapman (TED) 3
Ernie Banks (RYL) 2
Cal Ripken (GOG) 1

LF:
Zack Wheat (OXB) 12
Al Simmons (SLA) 3
Brian Giles (FIN) 3
Ken Williams (VIC) 2

CF:
Joe DiMaggio (LUN) 14
Earl Averill (GOG) 3
Tris Speaker (TED) 2
Duke Snider (SLA) 1

RF:
Hank Aaron (LUN) 6
Ty Cobb (NFK) 5
Vladimir Guerrero (RRS) 5
Gary Sheffield (MAD) 2
Sammy Sosa (COM) 1

DH:
Stan Musial (RYL) 7
Babe Ruth (SLA) 6
Jim Thome (JUN) 5
Miguel Cabrera (NFK) 2

Manager:
blakelmenakle (CHO) 8
factorialite (JUN) 4
ForeverBWFC (SLA) 4
cbx (NFK) 2
CthulhuDreams (RYL) 1

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
Okay, so the deal is Ott and the Juggs' 2nd for Foxx from the Radbourns, correct? If so, then I'll approve it.

Marauder

My choices were either spill the beans to cbx, or have to do an entire other mock draft myself and, fun as your skullduggery is, it's not worth that much of my time.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Burma Imperialists
Edgar Renteria (SS) (Opium Den Hijinks!) - 96 days

:smug:

factorialite
Mar 3, 2008

by Lowtax
I DON'T have anywhere to put him, unfortunately. I already have Foxx at 1B, so he basically has to DH for me. That moves DiMaggio into the field, which, I guess?

I can put DiMaggio into a platoon with Wilson, but they both hit lefties better than righties. DiMaggio can't play every day but seems to be rolling favorably while Wilson hasn't. I'm going to platoon them with DiMaggio hitting lefties and Wilson hitting righties for now.
pre:
vs. R
Knobs      2B
Boggs      3B
Foxx       DH
Foxx       1B
Yaz        LF
Yount      SS
Wilson     CF
Justice    RF
Smith       C
pre:
vs. L
Knobs      2B
Boggs      3B
Foxx       DH
Foxx       1B
DiMaggio   CF
Yount      SS
Yaz        LF
Salmon     RF
Smith       C
And remind me if I actually have Brooks Robinson and Larry Walker, please. I'm pretty sure I don't have the latter but fairly sure I have the former.

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Barrow Daydreamers
Smoky Burgess (C) (Struck by NeyerBat) - 13 days

Have Sundberg cover at C, batting seventh (Dear Robin Yount: I'm having to bat you below Jim bloody Sundberg right now. Stop sucking.)

factorialite
Mar 3, 2008

by Lowtax
I'm thinking of using a ratings challenge on Joe Wood, but I'm wondering why he has so few innings compared to the other starters. Did he get banged up and I'm just not remembering? If so, did it do permanent damage?

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Still working on the new Mock Draft, will hopefully have it up before midnight, plans crept up on me today.

cbx fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Oct 11, 2012

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Please continue to give me another 1994 Pedro Martinez. I could not be more pleased with the initial layout of the draft.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Likewise, really. Votto and a backup SS? Yes, please.

\/ Speaking of, the feeder teams list for the Mathematicians in the second post isn't correct. The last post on the page has the right teams.

Revenant Threshold fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Oct 11, 2012

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007
Mock Draft:

The Landers would prefer 1930 Joe Cronin to baby Pete Rose. We also agree with Smasher's assessment that '75 Dwight Evans is more valuable than '72 Roberto Clemente. Other than that, it looks okay to me.

Smasher:

If you can get me a list of current feeder teams, I'll draw up the expansion feeder list for you again this year.

TKBomber7285
Feb 20, 2011

Guess Bucky Walters will fill in for Lefty Gomez while he is on the disabled list. Let's see if he can do any better in the rotation then Morris did.

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007
The following post was paid for by the Idaho Potatoes Public Relations department.

This random ESPN blogger loves the Kibbie Dome, and so should you, god drat it!

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
/\ "How much money could we have if we had 90 or 100K people coming to the games?" What, are you going to bus them in from the coast?

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Marauder

My choices were either spill the beans to cbx, or have to do an entire other mock draft myself and, fun as your skullduggery is, it's not worth that much of my time.

Haha, yeah, no worries, it was just funny. Thanks for not quoting the important bit. :ninja:

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Fukuoka Finger-Bangers
Frank Thomas (1B) (Big Hurt) - 22 days

Balls. Oh, look, now I have a place to put Foxx. Well, welcome back, 1B platoon. DL Thomas, send down Boudreau, call up Olerud and Konerko, platoon 'em at first.

The Merry Marauder fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Oct 11, 2012

Warm Sarsaparilla
Jan 3, 2012

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Okay, so the deal is Ott and the Juggs' 2nd for Foxx from the Radbourns, correct? If so, then I'll approve it.

Mel Ott to RF, George Brett to 1B. I guess we have to send down Clemente.

Pick up another reliever with the Juggs' pick.

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!

The more I look at it, the more I realise that old Edgar Martinez doesn't really work on a non-DH team. At the same time, getting actual value out of my pick isn't really as high a priority as amusing myself is, so change my pick to Dunn. If changes make Dunn go before my pick, just make it highest SP.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
Superstars Draft Priority, pending approval

1955 Ted Williams
1998 Derek Jeter
1980 Nolan Ryan
1977 George Brett
2001 Chipper Jones
1930 Joe Cronin
2008 Johan Santana
1997 Kevin Brown
1922 Grover Cleveland Alexander
1975 Carlton Fisk
1989 Rickey Henderson
1990 Rob Dibble
1983 Goose Gossage
1989 Dennis Eckersley
1978 Tug McGraw
2009 Rafael Betancourt
Best Player Available

The Merry Marauder posted:

Haha, yeah, no worries, it was just funny. Thanks for not quoting the important bit. :ninja:

Hey, do want to buy 1930 Gabby Hartnett or 2001 Pudge for that 1st round pick?

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Oct 12, 2012

TKBomber7285
Feb 20, 2011

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Superstars Draft Priority, pending approval

1955 Ted Williams
1998 Derek Jeter
1980 Nolan Ryan
1977 George Brett
2001 Chipper Jones
1930 Joe Cronin
2008 Johan Santana
1997 Kevin Brown
1922 Grover Cleveland Alexander
1975 Carlton Fisk
1989 Rickey Henderson
1990 Rob Dibble
1983 Goose Gossage
1989 Dennis Eckersley
1978 Tug McGraw
2009 Rafael Betancourt
Best Player Available

Hey, do want to buy 1930 Gabby Hartnett or 2001 Pudge for that 1st round pick?

I'll approve this new draft order with my 34%.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

: Okay, right. Last time, on Dunn Force, Cyber-Dunn introduced Adam Dunn to the Dunn Lair. Also, he gave the NeyerBat, the most powerful sabermertic weapon ever designed. And then Dante Bichette attacked! Dunn Force, Episode 4: Day of the Dunn, Part 4 So, Adam Dunn and Cyber-Dunn arrive at Lincoln Park to find Dante Bichette terrorizing people. Dante laughs and claims that he's just as good a slugger as Dunn ever was! Dunn, enraged, attacks, and gets knocked back by Bichette's Coors Effect attack. Cyber-Dunn steps in and reminds Adam Dunn that a true sabermetric player knows that true batting power cannot come without patience. Dunn, suddenly understanding, blocks Bichette's attacks with the NeyerBat until Bichette gets tired and then Dunn beats him out of existence. And he has an awesome one-liner like "Dante, looks like you've got to learn to walk before you can die." Or something. Anyway, Adam Dunn and Cyber-Dunn celebrate while, in his fortress of evil, Richie Sexson is punishing the Three True Outcomes for their failures, then he says "Two Dunns! Bah, that's just twice as sweet when I crush them. Next time, Dunns...next time!" To Be Continued!

Games of the Week

Don May posted:

EAZY W'S MOUNT BIG COMEBACK, TAKE OUT SUPERSTARS 8-6

Toronto- Don't sleep on the W's.

Somehow, after two years of utter incompetence, the Eazy W's have pulled themselves together this year, relying on the legendary, if not particularly talented, groups of players known as "The Legacy", in order to fuel their recent successes. Of course, even that explanation doesn't make a lot of sense.

Take today, for example, as Legacy member Jack McDowell turned in an awful start, giving up five runs in less than seven innings, and yet the W's still escaped with the win thanks to a four-run ninth inning. But, as usual, McDowell had an answer for that during his post-game press conference that he attended with fellow Legacy member, and the game's winning pitcher, Kazuhiro Sasaki, "You know, I didn't pitch well today, and we probably should have lost this game. But we didn't. Do you know why? Do any of you know why? How about you, Kaz, do you know why we won?" McDowell asked, turning towards Sasaki.

"Ah..." Sasaki paused for a moment, "Are you looking for some sort of 'destiny' type answer, because I'd say it's because we have a good offense and a bullpen that doesn't rely on B.J. Ryan as a closer."

McDowell rolled his eyes at Sasaki's suggestion, "Well, I suppose that's certainly possible, but that's a pretty boring answer. Besides, it doesn't explain why we're so awesome this year and being terrible the last two seasons. No, we're winners because it is the destiny of the Legacy to be champions. We are going to save the league from a terminal case of boredom. I mean, does anyone really want to see a Losers-Cultists Finals? That'd be terrible. The Super-League has never been about just building a great team, it's been about something else. And Kaz, can you tell me what that is?" McDowell once again looked to a perplexed Sasaki for the answer.

"First of all, Jack, if we're going to do this call-and-response-type thing, we should probably practice it before the press conference, because I have no idea where you're going with this. But, uh, just based on the context, I'm going to guess that it's about...I don't know, team spirit?"

McDowell slowly nodded in response, "That's right! Team spirit! That's what turns this whole enterprise from just a battle of the spreadsheets into something special. If the Cultists win, then what? The beauty of sports is that sometimes the best team doesn't win, that the underdog gets his day, that a ragtag bunch of losers can band together and have their moment. Now, let me tell you, that is not the way the real world works. In reality, the machine always wins, and the world is divided between the people who surrender to the machine and those who are crushed by it. There's no magic out there. But in here, in here you will believe that Jack McDowell and the W's can overcome any obstacle, even when we shouldn't."

The Superstars were defensive after the game, especially Matt Williams, who had yet another disappointing game in the field, making yet another error. "Listen, the Superstars aren't some sort of all conquering colossus created by some sort of corrupt enterprise. We're just another team...until we lose our 80th game and Protocol X comes into play. And then, yes, things will quickly get out of hand. But, until that happens, we're just another team trying to get by."

Box Score

Don May posted:

PROG ROCK BEATS FUNK 4-2

Boston- The Mooglies were probably a great team at one point.

But then The Goog, in a fit of cosmic depression, decided to overhaul his team. The results have not been pretty.

The Landers completed a three-game sweep of the ailing Mooglies today as a ninth-inning Garciaparra home run gave them a 4-2 win. The Goog bravely tried to put a positive spin on this latest setback, but appeared to have trouble even convincing himself that the Mooglies could still turn things around, "On the planet Googopolis, we have a word for a minor setback like this, and that's 'contretemps'. But things are different here on Earth, and the people of this planet don't take these sorts of disappointments lightly. I've already noticed a loss of several love levels from the psychosphere, which, as you all know, is the level of the atmosphere that resonates the psychic energy of mankind. Clearly, if I don't drastically increase the peace and understanding of all mankind, the superconsciousness will never awaken in time!"

mrnoun didn't mince words in his rebuttal, "gently caress the Goog, gently caress his team, gently caress his inability to make a single good trade for his team, and gently caress him for thinking that he's going to be allowed to use the Superstars to bail his sorry rear end out."

Box Score

Don May posted:

JUGGERNAUTS CRUSH TED SOX 16-3

Juneau- The Juggernauts have always been the Super-League's premier bad-good team. They've always had the talent to be contenders, but there was always something holding them back.

Maybe this year will be different. Then again, maybe it won't.

Today, the Juggernauts tried to issue a strong statement today, though it remains to be seen if his big victory over the Ted Sox is a real accomplishment or just a fluke that will be forgotten when the Juggernauts fall five games short of the playoffs again.

Of course, factorialite was betting on the former, "I'm a loving great owner, okay? Let's be clear about that. I make great teams, teams that deserve to win, but I'm the victim of a conspiracy to keep the Juggernauts down because of politics. We all know that if Smasher has to choose between me and Marauder, he's going to pick his best buddy Marauder ever time, and so he has. But gently caress him, because the Juggernauts aren't going anywhere! Smasher knows that unless he completely cheats so overtly that everyone can see, that the Juggernauts won't head to the Gauntlet, and so he can't get rid of me unless I quit. And I will never, ever, ever, ever give him the satisfaction of quitting! I'll be here until Smasher realizes that no one likes his lovely thread and gives up his thread out of depression. And then I'm going to laugh at him."

Box Score

NUMBERS!

Analysis

The Bobbleheads continue to thrive. I wish I could tell you how they're doing that, but I have no idea.

Analysis

Eric Davis just ruins your day, doesn't he?

Analysis

Looks like the Comancheros have leveled out for the moment and are starting to rebound. And, to celebrate, they now get to face the Landers and Bobbleheads in a row.

Analysis

Turns out Chet Lemon isn't a real Super-League center fielder after all.

Analysis

The bottom third of your lineup is a train wreck. I know I've said that before, but I feel like I need to say it again.

Analysis

Three of your starters have ERAs about 5. That's kind of problem.

Analysis

Is Ott for Foxx a good trade? I'm not so sure it is. After all, Foxx is usually a better hitter, but he's also a defensive zero, while Ott can handle at least a couple of defensive positions.

Analysis

The Landers are still probably the best team in their division but, like last year, they aren't the luckiest.

Analysis

A lot better since their catastrophe of their first month, but, in their division, they'll need to put together a hell of a run to make it to the playoffs.

Analysis

Tanking in a regular season? You have a lot more confidence in your team than I do.

Analysis

The draft cannot come soon enough for the Mathematicians.

Analysis

There are five of you. Can't one of you see that Wainwright is killing your team?

Analysis

Still cruisin'

Analysis

Probably good enough to win their division. Probably.

Analysis

It's just been a rough couple of weeks for all Democrats everywhere.

Analysis

Finally a good week.

Standings and Leaders

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Faction War Upda--haha no.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

I actually had put up a post saying Go back to my normal lineup and for your benefit, even posted my original lineup. I was only tanking before the draft to get a few slots higher.

edit: Still combing through the draft preferences... Marauder's prefs have thrown me for a loop and I had some severe RL issues come up throughout the day. No promises on the Mock Draft v2 for tonight, unfortunately.

cbx fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Oct 12, 2012

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

e: Veto'ed by the Commissioner pending further discussions.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Oct 12, 2012

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

cbx posted:

I actually had put up a post saying Go back to my normal lineup and for your benefit, even posted my original lineup. I was only tanking before the draft to get a few slots higher.

edit: Still combing through the draft preferences... Marauder's prefs have thrown me for a loop and I had some severe RL issues come up throughout the day. No promises on the Mock Draft v2 for tonight, unfortunately.

You know that the screenshots lag. Besides, I just checked and the lineups are entered right, it's just a glitch in the screenshotting process.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo posted:

You know that the screenshots lag. Besides, I just checked and the lineups are entered right, it's just a glitch in the screenshotting process.

Fair enough. I thought I got my lineup change in before this round of sims. No harm done. OH. Make sure that Boyd comes back out of my rotation and I have my normal 5 of Clemens/Verlander/Seaver/Summers/Mullin. Boyd back down into the AAA depths, Boddicker and Key in at LR.

Also, please check my corrections on this, I thought I got everyone's changes in but I could be missing some.

Mock Draft v2
Round 1
1. Fukuoka Finger-Bangers (from Madison Mudholes) (.365) 1980 Nolan Ryan
2. Old Hoss Radbourns (.385) 1955 Ted Williams
3. Poughkeepsie Superbas (.385) 1965 Harmon Killebrew
4. Idaho Potatoes (.404)1922 Pete Alexander
5. Great Googly-Mooglies (.412) 2008 Johan Santana
6. St. Paul Bearers (.431) 1967 Tom Seaver
7. Lombard St. Gumshoes (.434) 1911 Eddie Plank
8. Polyarny Postmodernists (.434) 1977 George Brett
9. Rated R Superstars (.434) 1998 Derek Jeter
10. Norfolk Splinter Cells (.442) 1997 Kevin Brown
11. Luna Landers (from Barrow Daydreamers) (.442)1930 Joe Cronin
12. Rochester Generics (.442) 2001 Chipper Jones
13. Vice City Goose Eggs (.442) 1975 Fred Lynn
14. Comancheros (.453) 2004 Cliff Lee
15. Great Googly-Mooglies (from Second City Saints) (.471) - VACATED!
16. Florida Oranges (.491) 1994 Pedro Martinez
17. Cologne Emperors (.500) 2007 Josh Hamilton
18. Finger Lakes Phoenixes (.500) 2004 David Ortiz
19. Oxbridge Mathematicians (.509) 2007 Joey Votto
20. Ted Sox (.510) 1975 Jim Rice
21. Cleveland Unicorns (.510) BPA 1986 Dwight Evans
22. Antarctica Unspecifieds (.547) 1989 Dennis Eckersley
23. Juneau Juggernauts (.547) 1980 J.R. Richard
24. Burma Imperialists (.558) 1989 Rickey Henderson
25. South Bolton Eazy W's (.577) 1990 Rob Dibble
26. Dubai Dervishes (.585) 1952 Warren Spahn
27. Luna Landers (.585) 1975 Dwight Evans
28. Portland Bulldogs (.596) 1989 Bob Welch
29. Fukuoka Finger-Bangers (.596) 1960 Yogi Berra
30. Ryleh Cultists (.654) - VACATED!
31. Chicago Bobbleheads (.667) 1989 Mark McGwire
32. Rockford Losers (.692) 1975 Carlton Fisk
Round 2
33. Madison Mudholes (.365) - VACATED!
34. Old Hoss Radbourns (.385) 1983 Goose Gossage
35. Poughkeepsie Superbas (.385) 1972 Roberto Clemente
36. Idaho Potatoes (.404) 1980 Joe Morgan
37. Luna Landers (from Great Googly-Mooglies) (.412) 2003 Bret Boone
38. St. Paul Bearers (.431) 1919 Lefty Williams
39. Burma Imperialists (from Lombard St. Gumshoes) (.434) 1975 Luis Tiant
40. Polyarny Postmodernists (.434) 1973 Thurman Munson
41. Rated R Superstars (.434)1978 Tug McGraw
42. Norfolk Splinter Cells (.442) 1934 Waite Hoyt
43. Barrow Daydreamers (.442) 2007 Adam Dunn
44. Rochester Generics (.442) 1972 Dock Ellis
45. Vice City Goose Eggs (.442) 1989 Rick Honeycutt
46. Comancheros (.453) 2003 Edgar Martinez
47. Great Googly-Mooglies (from Second City Saints) (.471) - VACATED!
48. Florida Oranges (.491) 1931 Tommy Bridges
49. Cologne Emperors (.500) 1972 Willie Stargell
50. Finger Lakes Phoenixes (.500) 1921 Max Carey
51. Oxbridge Mathematicians (.509) 2001 Rafael Furcal
52. Ted Sox (.510) 1989 Jose Canseco
53. Cleveland Unicorns (.510) 1980 Cesar Cedeno
54. Antarctica Unspecifieds (.547) 1972 Bob Johnson
55. Old Hoss Radbourns (from Juneau Juggernauts) (.385) 2009 Rafael Betancourt
56. Burma Imperialists (.558) 1977 Freddie Patek
57. South Bolton Eazy W's (.577) 1980 Jose Cruz
58. Dubai Dervishes (.585) - VACATED!
59. Great Googly-Mooglies (from Luna Landers) (.585) 2009 Grady Sizemore
60. Portland Bulldogs (.596) 1993 Ellis Burks
61. Fukuoka Finger-Bangers (.596) 1996 Jason Giambi
62. Ryleh Cultists (.654) - VACATED!
63. Chicago Bobbleheads (.667) 1984 Craig Lefferts
64. Rockford Losers (.692) 1972 Steve Blass

cbx fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Oct 12, 2012

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Wait, what? No, a catcher with my own pick. Ryan first overall, obviously.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Updated, Marauder. My apologies, like I said, rough day for me.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

cbx posted:

Updated, Marauder. My apologies, like I said, rough day for me.

I'm glad it was easily fixed on your end. I advise you to dispatch a Cell to anyone who changes their picks at this point.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
Updated draft preferences for the Great Googly-Mooglies:

1955 Ted Williams
2001 Chipper Jones
1975 Carlton Fisk
1973 Thurmon Munson
1977 George Brett
1998 Derek Jeter
1930 Joe Cronin
1980 Joe Morgan
1964 Pete Rose
Best Hitter Available

Sigh.

EDIT: Also, I never got word back from Smasher about my questions in this post.

The Goog fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Oct 12, 2012

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

The Goog posted:

EDIT: Also, I never got word back from Smasher about my questions in this post.

They got it when it via the auction at the end of CBX's previous team.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
As for the Superstars, I had been hoping that Wainwright would turn things around, but that obviously is not the case. Let's yank him from the rotation and put Burnett in his place, please; Adam will go to long relief to try and work things out.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

List of Feeder Teams Already in Use

For anyone who wants to make a list of feeder teams for the next expansion class, here are the teams already in use. Previously, I tried to make it so there was a 10-year gap between feeder teams from the same franchise (i.e. 1954 Cubs and 1964 Cubs were okay, 1962 Cubs and 1964 Cubs weren't.), but, with more teams, it probably makes sense to drop that to a Seven-Year Gap, but even that is more a rough guideline than anything else.

In terms of how many teams of each value you need, the bare minimums, and more would be a lot better are:

4 5-Point Teams
16 4-Point Teams
12 3-Point Teams
19 2-Point Teams
25 1-Point Teams

Current Teams
Listed by Franchise

Arizona Diamondbacks (1998-2012)
2003 Arizona Diamondbacks (RYL)

Atlanta/Milwaukee/Boston Braves (1901-2012)
1901 Boston Beaneaters (PAR)
1935 Boston Braves (BUR)
1948 Boston Braves (TED)
1960 Milwaukee Braves (SXE)
1986 Atlanta Braves (STP)
1993 Atlanta Braves (BAR)

Baltimore Orioles/St. Louis Browns/Milwaukee Brewers (1901-2012)
1922 St. Louis Browns (VIC)
1972 Baltimore Orioles (JUN)
1991 Baltimore Orioles (IDA)

Boston Red Sox/Americans (1901-2012)
1911 Boston Red Sox (RYL)
1967 Boston Red Sox (JUN)
1986 Boston Red Sox (NFK)
2004 Boston Red Sox (LUN)

Chicago Cubs (1901-2012)
1930 Chicago Cubs (RYL)
1943 Chicago Cubs (STP)
1958 Chicago Cubs (RYL)
1991 Chicago Cubs (CHO)
2004 Chicago Cubs (RCH)

Chicago White Sox (1901-2012)
1919 Chicago White Sox (RRS)
1934 Chicago White Sox (STP)
1970 Chicago White Sox (POU)
1984 Chicago White Sox (BUR)
1993 Chicago White Sox (ROC)
2001 Chicago White Sox (BAR)

Cincinnati Reds (1901-2012)
1902 Cincinnati Reds (PAR)
1941 Cincinnati Reds (POR)
1955 Cincinnati Redlegs (LUN)
1964 Cincinnati Reds (ROC)
1973 Cincinnati Reds (DUB)
1995 Cincinnati Reds (LOM)
2007 Cincinnati Reds (NFK)

Cleveland Blues/Naps/Indians (1901-2012)
1902 Cleveland Bronchos (PAR)
1917 Cleveland Indians (TED)
1931 Cleveland Indians (DUB)
1934 Cleveland Indians (GOG)
1937 Cleveland Indians (BUR)
1946 Cleveland Indians (LUN)
1966 Cleveland Indians (COM)
1995 Cleveland Indians (COM)
2004 Cleveland Indians (ROC)
2009 Cleveland Indians (GOG)

Colorado Rockies (1993-2012)
2003 Colorado Rockies (SXE)
2008 Colorado Rockies (VIC)

Detroit Tigers (1901-2012)
1910 Detroit Tigers (NFK)
1931 Detroit Tigers (POR)
1940 Detroit Tigers (CHO)
1958 Detroit Tigers (VIC)
1984 Detroit Tigers (POR)

Florida Marlins (1993-2012)
1996 Florida Marlins (MAD)
2004 Florida Marlins (OXB)
2009 Florida Marlins (CLN)

Houston Astros/Colt .45s (1962-2012)
1988 Houston Astros (SLA)
1991 Houston Astros (STP)

Kansas City Royals (1969-2012)
2009 Kansas City Royals (RYL)

Los Angeles/Anaheim/California Angels (1961-2012)
1978 California Angels (LOM)
1994 California Angels (RCH)
1998 Anaheim Angels (JUN)
2006 Los Angeles Angels (IDA)

Los Angeles/Brooklyn Dodgers (1901-2012)
1911 Brooklyn Robins (OXB)
1919 Brooklyn Robins (DUB)
1950 Brooklyn Dodgers (NYF)
1961 Los Angeles Dodgers (SLA)
1995 Los Angeles Dodgers (COM)
2007 Los Angeles Dodgers (CLU)

Milwaukee Brewers/Seattle Pilots (1969-2012)
1975 Milwaukee Brewers (BUR)
1985 Milwaukee Brewers (NYF)
2011 Milwaukee Brewers (MAD)

Minnesota Twins/Washington Senators (1901-2012)
1924 Washington Senators (RCH)
1946 Washington Senators (TED)
1955 Washington Senators (DUB)
1965 Minnesota Twins (CUN)
1975 Minnesota Twins (COM)
1997 Minnesota Twins (CUN)
2006 Minnesota Twins (FLO)

New York Mets (1962-2012)
1971 New York Mets (ROC)
1981 New York Mets (PAR)
1991 New York Mets (FLO)
1992 New York Mets (SXE)
2005 New York Mets (SXE)

New York Highlanders/Yankees/Bronies/Baltimore Orioles (1901-2012)
1918 New York Yankees (BAR)
1926 New York Yankees (SLA)
1938 New York Yankees (FIN)
1953 New York Yankees (IDA)
1983 New York Yankees (CLN)
1994 New York Yankees (NYF)
2006 New York Yankees (CHO)

Oakland/Kansas City/Philadelphia Athletics (1901-2012)
1911 Philadelphia Athletics (GOG)
1927 Philadelphia Athletics (CLN)
1935 Philadelphia Athletics (RYL)
1948 Philadelphia Athletics (LUN)
1971 Oakland A's (POU)
1980 Oakland A's (LUN)
1996 Oakland Athletics (POR)

Philadelphia Phillies (1901-2012)
1964 Philadelphia Phillies (FIN)
1989 Philadelphia Phillies (LOM)
1998 Philadelphia Phillies (FLO)
2004 Philadelphia Phillies (FLO)

Pittsburgh Pirates (1901-2012)
1903 Pittsburgh Pirates (CLU)
1919 Pittsburgh Pirates (OXB)
1929 Pittsburgh Pirates (CUN)
1940 Pittsburgh Pirates (OXB)
1951 Pittsburgh Pirates (BUR)
1978 Pittsburgh Pirates (POR)
1986 Pittsburgh Pirates (PAR)
2012 Pittsburgh Pirates (MAD)

San Diego Padres (1969-2012)
1978 San Diego Padres (DUB)
1998 San Diego Padres (RCH)
2006 San Diego Padres (FIN)

San Francisco/New York Giants (1901-2012)
1924 New York Giants (CLU)
1954 New York Giants (LOM)
1971 San Francisco Giants (STP)
2011 San Francisco Giants (OXB)

Seattle Mariners (1977-2012)
1985 Seattle Mariners (IDA)
2003 Seattle Mariners (NFK)

St. Louis Cardinals (1901-2012)
1918 St. Louis Cardinals (CUN)
1943 St. Louis Cardinals (MAD)
1959 St. Louis Cardinals (JUN)
1979 St. Louis Cardinals (STP)
1985 St. Louis Cardinals (PAR)
2000 St. Louis Cardinals (BUR)
2009 St. Louis Cardinals (RRS)

Tampa Bay Rays/Devil Rays (1998-2012)
-None-

Texas Rangers/Washington Senators (1961-2012)
1979 Texas Rangers (BAR)
1983 Texas Rangers (VIC)
1993 Texas Rangers (TED)
2011 Texas Rangers (POU)

Toronto Blue Jays (1977-2012(
1985 Toronto Blue Jays (VIC)
2006 Toronto Blue Jays (RRS)

Washington Nationals/Montreal Expos (1969-2012)
2003 Montreal Expos (SXE)

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

In order to rest the players marked as "sore" or "tired", perform the following changes for this week only. Moseby and Gibson come in for Simmons and Snider, Bellhorn for Whitaker and Mark motherfuckin' Grace comes in for Olerud.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Do I have anyone that can play DH? Because that would give me the option of putting old man Cobb back into CF for at least a few weeks until the Super draft.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Vice City Goose Eggs

Not enough time for effort post, but probably time to decide what I want to do with the first round pick. I don't know!

Urban Shocker's still struggling. I do need offense, but on the other hand Baby Pedro Martinez is available at #13 so grab him if he's there. If not, same strategy applies. I'll change my mind a few times before the draft, I think.

Oh yeah, make Hank Severeid the full time catcher with Ernie Whitt as Doug Fister's personal catcher. Sim will likely be run before I get home so just slip Hank in where Whitt bats in the batting order.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Oct 12, 2012

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

A full list of eligible teams under the 7 year rule for the feeder team construction exercise:

• DiamondBacks 2010-2012
  • Braves 1908-1928, 1967-1979, 2000-2012
  • Orioles 1901-1915, 1929-1965, 1979-1984, 1998-2012
  • Red Sox 1901-1904, 1918-1960, 1974-1979, 1993-1997, 2011-2012
  • Cubs 1901-1923, 1950-1951, 1965-1984, 2011-2012
  • White Sox 1901-1912, 1926-1927, 1941-1963, 1977-1977, 2008-2012
  • Cincinnati Reds 1909-1934, 1948-1948, 1980-1988
  • Cleveland 1909-1910, 1924-1924, 1953-1959, 1973-1988
  • Rockies 1993-1996
  • Tigers 1901-1903, 1917-1924, 1947-1951, 1965-1977, 1991-2012
  • Astros 1962-1981, 1998-2012
  • Royals 1969-2002
  • Angels 1961-1971, 1985-1987
  • Dodgers 1901-1904, 1926-1943, 1968-1988
  • Marlins This Space is intentionally left blank
  • Brewers 1992-2004
  • Senators/Twins 1901-1917, 1931-1939, 1982-1990
  • Mets 1962-1964, 2012-2012
  • Yankees 1901-1911, 1945-1946, 1960-1976
  • Athletics 1901-1904, 1918-1920, 1955-1964, 1987-1989, 2003-2012
  • Phillies 1901-1957, 1971-1982, 2011-2012
  • Pirates 1910-1912, 1958-1971, 1993-2005
  • Padres 1969-1971, 1985-1991
  • Giants 1901-1917, 1931-1947, 1961-1964, 1978-2004
  • Mariners 1977-1978, 1992-1996, 2010-2012
  • Cardinals 1901-1911, 1925-1936, 1950-1952, 1966-1972, 1992-1993
  • Rays 1998-2012
  • Rangers 1970-1972, 2000-2004
  • Jays 1977-1978, 1992-1999
  • Nats 1969-1996, 2010-2012

And in a slightly more readable format:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0ApdG9_UbtV3HdGxFQUlMaFZUdFNqLVB3bmtSam1HTVE&single=true&gid=6&output=html

Obviously the 7 year rule isn't prescriptive, but hey.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Oct 12, 2012

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Mock Draft v3

Round 1
1. Fukuoka Finger-Bangers (from Madison Mudholes) (.365) 1980 Nolan Ryan
2. Old Hoss Radbourns (.385) 1955 Ted Williams
3. Poughkeepsie Superbas (.385) 1965 Harmon Killebrew
4. Idaho Potatoes (.404) 1922 Pete Alexander
5. Great Googly-Mooglies (.412) 2001 Chipper Jones
6. St. Paul Bearers (.431) 1967 Tom Seaver
7. Lombard St. Gumshoes (.434) 1911 Eddie Plank
8. Polyarny Postmodernists (.434) 1977 George Brett
9. Rated R Superstars (.434) 1998 Derek Jeter
10. Norfolk Splinter Cells (.442) 2008 Johan Santana
11. Luna Landers (from Barrow Daydreamers) (.442) 1930 Joe Cronin
12. Rochester Generics (.442) 1960 Yogi Berra
13. Vice City Goose Eggs (.442) 1994 Pedro Martinez
14. Comancheros (.453) 2004 Cliff Lee
15. Great Googly-Mooglies (from Second City Saints) (.471) - VACATED!
16. Florida Oranges (.491) 1997 Kevin Brown
17. Cologne Emperors (.500) 1975 Fred Lynn
18. Finger Lakes Phoenixes (.500) 2004 David Ortiz
19. Oxbridge Mathematicians (.509) 2007 Joey Votto
20. Ted Sox (.510) 1975 Jim Rice
21. Cleveland Unicorns (.510) 1986 Dwight Evans
22. Antarctica Unspecifieds (.547) 1989 Dennis Eckersley
23. Juneau Juggernauts (.547) 1980 J.R. Richard
24. Burma Imperialists (.558) 1989 Rickey Henderson
25. South Bolton Eazy W's (.577) 1990 Rob Dibble
26. Dubai Dervishes (.585) 1952 Warren Spahn
27. Luna Landers (.585) 1975 Dwight Evans
28. Portland Bulldogs (.596) 1989 Bob Welch
29. Fukuoka Finger-Bangers (.596) 1975 Carlton Fisk
30. Ryleh Cultists (.654) - VACATED!
31. Chicago Bobbleheads (.667) 1989 Mark McGwire
32. Rockford Losers (.692) 1972 Roberto Clemente
Round 2
33. Madison Mudholes (.365) - VACATED!
34. Old Hoss Radbourns (.385) 1983 Goose Gossage
35. Poughkeepsie Superbas (.385) 1964 Pete Rose
36. Idaho Potatoes (.404) 1980 Joe Morgan
37. Luna Landers (from Great Googly-Mooglies) (.412) 2003 Bret Boone
38. St. Paul Bearers (.431) 1919 Lefty Williams
39. Burma Imperialists (from Lombard St. Gumshoes) (.434) 1975 Luis Tiant
40. Polyarny Postmodernists (.434) 1973 Thurman Munson
41. Rated R Superstars (.434) 1978 Tug McGraw
42. Norfolk Splinter Cells (.442) 1934 Waite Hoyt
43. Barrow Daydreamers (.442) 2007 Adam Dunn
44. Rochester Generics (.442) 1975 Luis Tiant
45. Vice City Goose Eggs (.442) 1989 Rick Honeycutt
46. Comancheros (.453) 2003 Edgar Martinez
47. Great Googly-Mooglies (from Second City Saints) (.471) - VACATED!
48. Florida Oranges (.491) 1972 Dock Ellis
49. Cologne Emperors (.500) 1972 Willie Stargell
50. Finger Lakes Phoenixes (.500) 1921 Max Carey 
51. Oxbridge Mathematicians (.509) 2001 Rafael Furcal
52. Ted Sox (.510) 1989 Jose Canseco
53. Cleveland Unicorns (.510) 1980 Cesar Cedeno
54. Antarctica Unspecifieds (.547) 1931 Tommy Bridges
55. Old Hoss Radbourns (from Juneau Juggernauts) (.385) 2009 Rafael Betancourt 
56. Burma Imperialists (.558) 1977 Freddie Patek
57. South Bolton Eazy W's (.577) 1980 Jose Cruz
58. Dubai Dervishes (.585) - VACATED!
59. Great Googly-Mooglies (from Luna Landers) (.585) 2009 Grady Sizemore
60. Portland Bulldogs (.596) 1993 Ellis Burks
61. Fukuoka Finger-Bangers (.596) 1996 Jason Giambi
62. Ryleh Cultists (.654) - VACATED!
63. Chicago Bobbleheads (.667) 1984 Craig Lefferts
64. Rockford Losers (.692) 1949 Harry Brecheen

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

CVE

Any of your hitters could be a DH, but, with the draft coming soon, it's probably a moot point.

Smasher League Week 10 Injury Report

No new champions

Cologne Emperors
Eric Gagne (RP) (Oktoberfest Gone Wrong!) - 11 days

Comancheros
Orel Hershiser (SP) (Things Fall Apart) - 100 days

Luna Landers
Joe Nathan (RP) (The Center Cannot Hold) - 10 days

Madison Mudholes
Max Lanier (SP) (Mere Anarchy Loosed Upon the World) - 16 days

Norfolk Splinter Cells
Tom Seaver (SP) (The Blood-Dimmed Tide is Loosed) - 15 days

Rated R Superstars
David Cone (SP) (The Ceremony of Innocence is Drowned) - 33 days

South Bolton Eazy W's
Stan Williams (RP) (The Best Lack All Conviction, while the worst/Are full of passionate intensity) - 9 days

All-Star Voting

One Day of Voting Left!

DL

C:
Johnny Bench (DUB) 9
Yogi Berra (CUN) 5
Brian McCann (CLU) 3
Ernie Lombardi (POR) 2
Joe Torre (ROC) 1

1B:
Mark McGwire (POR) 5
Albert Pujols (FLO) 4
Miguel Cabrera (CUN) 4
Jeff Bagwell (BUR) 4
Buck Leonard (DUB) 1

2B:
Eddie Collins (BUR) 10
Ray Durham (BAR) 4
Frankie Frisch (CLU) 3
Nap Lajoie (FLO) 2
Charlie Gehringer (POR) 1

3B:
Eddie Mathews (SXE) 13
Mike Schmidt (OLD) 3
Frank Baker (CUN) 2
Darrell Evans (CLU) 2

SS:
Alex Rodriguez (POU) 11
Honus Wagner (CLU) 5
Ozzie Smith (DUB) 2
Alan Trammell (FLO) 1
Joe Cronin (ROC) 1

LF:
Rickey Henderson (LOM) 13
Barry Bonds (RCH) 2
Fred Clarke (CLU) 2
Al Simmons (STP) 2
Joe Jackson (DUB) 1

CF:
Jim Edmonds (BUR) 6
Oscar Charleston (ROC) 6
Earl Averill (DUB) 4
Bernie Williams (OLD) 4
Willie Mays (LOM) 1

RF:
Frank Robinson (ROC) 11
Tony Gwynn (RCH) 4
Hank Aaron (SXE) 3
Magglio Ordonez (BAR) 1
Stan Musial (DUB) 1

DH:
Frank Thomas (ROC) 8
Daniel Bryan 6
Frank Howard (POR) 3
Ted Williams (NYF) 3

Manager:
Marauder (NYF) 8
TKBomber7285 (POR) 4
Beet (DUB) 4
ToiletofSadness (ROC) 3
blackmongoose (CUN) 1

SL

C:
Josh Gibson (IDA) 16
Mike Piazza (NFK) 2
Yogi Berra (COM) 2

1B:
John Olerud (SLA) 8
Willie McCovey (IDA) 5
Jimmie Foxx (RRS) 3
Mark Grace (CHO) 3
George Sisler (VIC) 1

2B:
Rogers Hornsby (COM) 8
Lou Whitaker (SLA) 8
Eddie Collins (LUN) 3
Roberto Alomar (FIN) 1

3B:
Wade Boggs (JUN) 9
Howilliams Monsoon (RRS) 8
Scott Rolen (SLA) 2
Ron Santo (CLN) 1

SS:
Derek Jeter (CHO) 8
Hanley Ramirez (CLN) 6
Ray Chapman (TED) 3
Ernie Banks (RYL) 2
Cal Ripken (GOG) 1

LF:
Zack Wheat (OXB) 12
Al Simmons (SLA) 3
Brian Giles (FIN) 3
Ken Williams (VIC) 2

CF:
Joe DiMaggio (LUN) 14
Earl Averill (GOG) 3
Tris Speaker (TED) 2
Duke Snider (SLA) 1

RF:
Hank Aaron (LUN) 6
Ty Cobb (NFK) 5
Vladimir Guerrero (RRS) 5
Gary Sheffield (MAD) 2
Sammy Sosa (COM) 1

DH:
Stan Musial (RYL) 7
Babe Ruth (SLA) 6
Jim Thome (JUN) 5
Miguel Cabrera (NFK) 2

Manager:
blakelmenakle (CHO) 8
factorialite (JUN) 4
ForeverBWFC (SLA) 4
cbx (NFK) 2
CthulhuDreams (RYL) 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Madison Mudholes
Max Lanier (SP) (Mere Anarchy Loosed Upon the World) - 16 days

Replace him with Bob Lemon for the time being.