Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Cojawfee posted:

You can also add a lightflow widget. There's two, lightflow and lightflow debugger. Pick just lightflow. This puts a widget on your screen that displays the current notification color and you can click it to clear it out.

Thanks for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

LastInLine posted:

Stock Ice Cream Sandwich/Jelly Bean data monitoring?

Still on CM7 :(. I just found My Data Manager, is it any good?

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
Is uninstall from the Play site new, or have I just never clicked the "My Android Apps" link? Also, yesterday I went through and removed all the garbage that I won't ever install again, so I've got a really small list. Did they fix the problem where the list cuts off after a certain number?

fudsak
Feb 4, 2004
I can't seem to find any sports score apps that are built with tablets in mind. They all run in portrait mode and scale poorly. Does anyone know of one?

The closest truly tablet supported thing is Google Now... but that doesn't let you see NCAA sports.

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!

fudsak posted:

I can't seem to find any sports score apps that are built with tablets in mind. They all run in portrait mode and scale poorly. Does anyone know of one?

The closest truly tablet supported thing is Google Now... but that doesn't let you see NCAA sports.

Scoremobile Nexus 7. It's a little wonky sometimes, but imo its currently far and away better than anything else.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

gmq posted:

I've heard 3G Watchdog touted here a few times.

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I've heard 3G Watchdog touted here a few times.
The "per-app" measure is only available in the pro version though. Still, it's pretty good in my opinion.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

letsgoflyers81 posted:

Pinch to zoom is finally coming to Gmail, it's about loving time.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/1...earchive-video/

This doesn't look like it allows you to zoom out? Gmail is already plenty zoomed for me, I hope they add a smaller text/UI option for people with bigger screens

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

Is uninstall from the Play site new, or have I just never clicked the "My Android Apps" link? Also, yesterday I went through and removed all the garbage that I won't ever install again, so I've got a really small list. Did they fix the problem where the list cuts off after a certain number?

The Play Store just recently updated, and you can remove stuff now. The AP Review also says that it will keep track of your position in lists, has expandable notifications, and some new icons.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

The Play Store just recently updated, and you can remove stuff now. The AP Review also says that it will keep track of your position in lists, has expandable notifications, and some new icons.
I know the "remove poo poo from the list" thing is new, but I just discovered that I can uninstall things on my phone from the website on my desktop.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

Holy poo poo, saving my position in the list is probably the best thing ever. It ALWAYS pissed me off like crazy.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I saw something about adding wishlists too, but I don't remember if it's in yet or only planned for an upcoming update. Is a paid app list the last big annoyance with the Play store? I guess better recommendations or filtering of content would be nice, but I don't think any of the app stores do a great job of this.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I know the "remove poo poo from the list" thing is new, but I just discovered that I can uninstall things on my phone from the website on my desktop.

Oh wow. Totally missed that. Gonna have to check it out now.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

So, I accidentally clicked on one of my paid apps for the remove from "my apps" list so I'll just report what I found.

It is still listed as "purchased" in the play store, so you can reinstall it if you want, but it DOES leave your My Apps list until you reinstall.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

bull3964 posted:

So, I accidentally clicked on one of my paid apps for the remove from "my apps" list so I'll just report what I found.

It is still listed as "purchased" in the play store, so you can reinstall it if you want, but it DOES leave your My Apps list until you reinstall.
What did you expect it to do?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

What did you expect it to do?

If you delete other paid media content from the play store (like books or magazines) instead of just archiving it, it goes away forever.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

Wow, that doesn't seem right.

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.

Sagebrush posted:

Get some NFC tags and stick one wherever you usually mount your phone in your car.

I've only seen NFC used in the context of Google Wallet. How does it work with tags? Do you just touch the tag and it some event is automatically triggered, or do you specifically have to go into an app before touching a tag?

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

gmq posted:

I like it a lot. Pretty accurate when I compare it with AT&T's estimates of my data use. I need to keep a watch on it since I only have 200mb/mo because I'm cheap and have a legacy data plan.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

Siroc posted:

I like it a lot. Pretty accurate when I compare it with AT&T's estimates of my data use. I need to keep a watch on it since I only have 200mb/mo because I'm cheap and have a legacy data plan.

I don't know how you do it. I burn 200MB/month just in speedtest.net dickwaving contests with my coworkers on different networks/3G still.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Siroc posted:

Same here. Used to use 3G Watchdog before it came along, but much more detail etc. with My Data Manager.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

ninmeister posted:

I'm having a Woofi problem. I'm on 1.9alpha3d and running CM10 M2 on a Sprint Gnex. It will sit at "Waiting for location fix" yet never polls GPS. If I go into maps or something else that polls GPS then it goes back to either WiFi off or on depending on where I am.

This didn't happen on stock Jelly Bean.

I've had other people saying it doesn't work on CM10, but I don't know whats up with that.

I'll add an issue for it...

brc64 posted:

I've only seen NFC used in the context of Google Wallet. How does it work with tags? Do you just touch the tag and it some event is automatically triggered, or do you specifically have to go into an app before touching a tag?

You use NFC Task Launcher. When you swipe the tag with your phone it does whatever you've set it to.

Binge
Feb 23, 2001

Is there an app or a way to set my phone to pop up notes/reminders (that are easily addable) when I get to a certain GPS location? I posted this in the tasker thread, but maybe I'd have better luck here.

I some days go between a few different offices at work, and it'd be great to jot a note down to remind me to do such and such thing when I get to location "A". I imagine if you could set the context, I'd just make the GPS sphere of influence huge to compensate for inaccuracy.

But does this exist in an easy fashion?

Tychtrip
May 23, 2010

We are livid souls

Binge posted:

Is there an app or a way to set my phone to pop up notes/reminders (that are easily addable) when I get to a certain GPS location? I posted this in the tasker thread, but maybe I'd have better luck here.

I some days go between a few different offices at work, and it'd be great to jot a note down to remind me to do such and such thing when I get to location "A". I imagine if you could set the context, I'd just make the GPS sphere of influence huge to compensate for inaccuracy.

Tasker can actually do this, I'm sure of it. There's like a popup window setting thing. I'm super helpful.

I'll research.

E: What about this?

Tychtrip fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Oct 12, 2012

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

There's an app called Llama that's free and does something similar by the looks of things - you can set it to learn your locations, then create events that are triggered when you arrive or leave and at certain times or whatever. You can set it to give you notifications and launch other apps and stuff, so maybe you can get it to do some useful things

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kheldarn posted:

Sorry, how exactly do I remove stuff? I don't see any way to do that.

Propaganda Panda
Dec 26, 2010
Yeah, I am not sure how to remove apps from the list either. The play store certainly looks different though.

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Under the All heading, there should be a "No" symbol beside every app you have on the list, but not currently installed on your device.

See an example here. You can long press on one to highlight that one. You may then tap to select others and mass delete them.

Question: Why is my app store updated on my year old non-rooted ICS SGS2, but not on my 4.1.1 Nexus 7? Where's my 4.1.2 update, too? :(

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug

Binge posted:

Evernote has geo capabilities but it won't pop up automatically but you can search for notes created nearby. Plus you could just tag notes with LocationA, LocationB, etc and work with them that way.

Propaganda Panda
Dec 26, 2010

Siroc posted:

Under the All heading, there should be a "No" symbol beside every app you have on the list, but not currently installed on your device.

See an example here. You can long press on one to highlight that one. You may then tap to select others and mass delete them.

Question: Why is my app store updated on my year old non-rooted ICS SGS2, but not on my 4.1.1 Nexus 7? Where's my 4.1.2 update, too? :(

Thanks for your help. I don't have the (/) symbol next to the apps yet.

My guesses are that 1. It's region dependent, and being rolled out?
or 2. I'm still 4.1.1, so maybe it depends on the version of android?

Edit: Of course. They've done a facelift of the old store to make me think it's the new version, but it's not. I haven't downloaded the new app store play version yet. hahaha whoops!

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Propaganda Panda posted:

Thanks for your help. I don't have the (/) symbol next to the apps yet.

My guesses are that 1. It's region dependent, and being rolled out?
or 2. I'm still 4.1.1, so maybe it depends on the version of android?

Edit: Of course. They've done a facelift of the old store to make me think it's the new version, but it's not. I haven't downloaded the new app store play version yet. hahaha whoops!

Yeah, my N7 with JB 4.1.1 has Play 3.8.17, while my ICS SGS2 has Play 3.9.16. No fragmentation here.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

My NS4G with 4.1.1 is still waiting too. I did have the new Play Store APK installed but there was some weird problem with it trying to constantly run if I opened Chrome so I reverted back to the old version.

That was the day the APK dropped so I probably won't get the actual upgrade until probably a week or two from now. Market updates are always slow for me.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
What is the flavor of the month for alarm apps? Paying a bit is fine for me if it is worth it, ideally something that would silence text messages and most phone call but allow certain numbers to ring through. Other features like gentle awake or what not would be a bonus but not required. Not rooted.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Is Google Ears a US only feature? I have it installed but it doesn't seem to be showing up under widgets on CM10.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Is there some kind of RSS reading app that looks similar to Pulse, but works as a widget? I know there's a Pulse widget but it only displays 3 items at a time, and that's ridiculously small on my tablet.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Siroc posted:

Sorry, I am an idiot and read it as the web store. I can do it in the app but it's kind of fiddly. Thanks anyway!

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

So, anyone wanna tell me what the trick is to get Friendcaster to sync high res photos? I've gotten it to work in the past, but I did a full wipe for the first time in a few months and now I can't get it to work for the life of me.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Ragingsheep posted:

Is Google Ears a US only feature? I have it installed but it doesn't seem to be showing up under widgets on CM10.

It may be US only since it's tied somewhat to Google Music but it's listed as Sound Search in the widget tab so it might be closer to the end of your list.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
is there a better photo gallery app than the standard one? I just upgraded to ICS but the gallery app looks the same to me as it did before and I hate how it tries to load all the photos at once - I want one that shows them as separate folders by default - I know you can select that view but it's annoying to have to change it manually every time I open it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

clockworkjoe posted:

is there a better photo gallery app than the standard one? I just upgraded to ICS but the gallery app looks the same to me as it did before and I hate how it tries to load all the photos at once - I want one that shows them as separate folders by default - I know you can select that view but it's annoying to have to change it manually every time I open it.

QuickPic

• Locked thread