Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

alg posted:

the new teaser is weird as heck.

TEASER SPOILERS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szpS7vrNMqo&hd=1

I dig the still of goggled Walter with the licorice.

Neat teaser. Fits with the promo material of Olivia, Peter and Walter as underground revolutionary figures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done
Walter... builds a Power Fist from Fallout?!

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

I hope we get another LSD episode during this run.

edit: or a musical chronic episode where walter describes life before the observers to children

utonium
Dec 17, 2002
This season's episode 19 is gonna have to be in claymation and 3D to outdo the previous ones.

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

utonium posted:

This season's episode 19 is gonna have to be in claymation and 3D to outdo the previous ones.

But there won't be 19 episodes. :smith:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

With only 13 episodes to wrap I doubt they'll go too off track of the main story.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

alg posted:

The Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9muzyOd4Lh8

I loved how it ever so faintly played when they started up the video as well.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

John Wilkes Booth posted:

Thanks! I think my dad used to listen to this when I was younger.

Haha, I remember this song from when I was little as well.

utonium
Dec 17, 2002

ClydeUmney posted:

But there won't be 19 episodes. :smith:
Oh dammit. I genuinely forgot. :smith:

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Deadpool posted:

With only 13 episodes to wrap I doubt they'll go too off track of the main story.

I actually kind of miss the MOTW episodes of Fringe - part of what got me into this series in the first place was that I never felt like I missed much if I missed an episode during the early seasons, at least not so much that I couldn't catch up.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Shooting Blanks posted:

I actually kind of miss the MOTW episodes of Fringe - part of what got me into this series in the first place was that I never felt like I missed much if I missed an episode during the early seasons, at least not so much that I couldn't catch up.

I think in the future, we're going to look back and think, "Those were the only good episodes. Why did they stop doing them?" Just like the X-Files.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I think that all depends on how the main narrative finishes. Yes, there have been some good MOTW episodes, but last season they were pretty lacking. I didn't care much for them rehashing Season 1 MOTWs with only slight changes.

Friendly Factory
Apr 19, 2007

I can't stand the wailing of women

scary ghost dog posted:

I think in the future, we're going to look back and think, "Those were the only good episodes. Why did they stop doing them?" Just like the X-Files.

Gonna go with a "What is the wrong thing to say?" on that one, Alex

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Friendly Factory posted:

Gonna go with a "What is the wrong thing to say?" on that one, Alex

Ya I mean most of the MOTW episodes have a connection with the main plot unlike the X-files MOTW episodes which while there were not important to the overall story.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Was I the only one with eyes in the back of their head when the video tape (which is kind of a dumb premise anyway) reveals that there are 8 MORE VIDEO TAPES TO FIND!

It's just so... flimsy. Are they all trapped in amber? Whose to say beta max tapes would last X years. Why not put the plan on the one drat tape because what are the odds of it falling into the wrong hands? So dumb! ARGH

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

Loving Life Partner posted:

Was I the only one with eyes in the back of their head when the video tape (which is kind of a dumb premise anyway) reveals that there are 8 MORE VIDEO TAPES TO FIND!

It's just so... flimsy. Are they all trapped in amber? Whose to say beta max tapes would last X years. Why not put the plan on the one drat tape because what are the odds of it falling into the wrong hands? So dumb! ARGH

I like the idea because It's like the plot of an RPG. "Go forth with your merry band of adventurers and find the 8 secret tapes!" But I am a huge nerd.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Loving Life Partner posted:

Are they all trapped in amber?

Does this seem that unbelievable to you? In a world where there's enough amber and people trapped in it that people make a living cutting people out of the amber and selling them as furniture?

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
I think the idea is also that they are (were) super paranoid about the Observers being able to determine what the plan is, to the point that Walter scrambled up the knowledge in his own brain so it couldn't get fished out telepathically. Splitting the plan up into chunks so that the whole thing isn't absolutely buggered if the Observers or their flunkies find one tape isn't unreasonable.

The thing I wasn't sure about from last ep is how they're meant to find the 8 tapes. The tape they had didn't seem to say, and if it did just give you all 8 locations the security of the thing more or less collapses.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
They stole this idea from Adventure Time, actually maybe Adventure Time is the sequel to Fringe.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I hope tonights episode is better than last weeks. Last week was just sort of boring outside of a couple of high points like the eye. I love me some Fringe and it was kind of sad to be so bored with it.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The whole series is getting replayed starting from episode 1, per the Science Channel, beginning November 20th.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Of course Walter was getting high.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Betamax - the most reliable data storage method. :haw:

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Hmm, north central PA. They're not visiting me :(

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Man that skin thing is really loving weird.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I wanna read those Fringe comics.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Comic Walter looks suitably mad scientist. I can almost hear the cackling.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Asterisk is using the makeup shotgun in the future

WhoIsBarryBostwick
Sep 17, 2008

You're going to like the way you look...I guarantee it.
Apple pills?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Has it been explained why Olivia is acting so cold and distant?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I never noticed that the seahorse glyph had a golden spiral on the belly. That's pretty neat.

Webbeh posted:

I think it's still over the fight they had when he stayed in Boston to look for Etta.

Radd McCool
Dec 3, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I like the idea of nutriemt mints, though.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Webbeh posted:

Aside from whatever happened between her and Peter after the invasion, no.

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!
This is sortof a MotW episode. A problem of the week, at least. Is he going to heal these people? Or just get them wiped out?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I wonder though, are these people the beginning of the Observers?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

muscles like this? posted:

What, like they hatch out of bark-skin cocoons, bald and wearing suits?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

muscles like this? posted:

If that ends up being the case that means this whole thing is a loop. The Observers caused the Observers by going back in time and creating themselves.

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
Fringe is so depressing. :(

WhoIsBarryBostwick
Sep 17, 2008

You're going to like the way you look...I guarantee it.

der juicen posted:

Fringe is so depressing. :(

This show likes to make me feel :smith:

e: But Walter always ends up making me feel a little :unsmith:

Also, this week's glyphs spelled ANGER

WhoIsBarryBostwick fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Oct 13, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
But then it does that poo poo with Walter and everything is good.

That preview.

• Locked thread