Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
This is supposed to be a hat for babies, but you know... cats...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
:laffo: That stare is incredible.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
"I have seen...things you can not comprehend. Been places...you will never know and still I survive..."

:catstare:

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Here's Newton, the bestest cat ever, modelling his new bandanna. Newton has a little lamb stuffed animal he carries with him everywhere, it's pretty adorable watching him bathe it :3

Mexican Deathgasm fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Sep 26, 2012

marshmallard
Apr 15, 2005

This post is about me.

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

Here's Newton, the bestest cat ever, modelling his new bandanna. Newton has a little lamb stuffed animal he carries with him everywhere, it's pretty adorable watching him bathe it :3

Ohh my god please post a picture of Newton and his lamb!

Fish Biscuit
Dec 10, 2006

marshmallard posted:

Ohh my god please post a picture of Newton and his lamb!

Also video of said bathing.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Some rare well-lit pics of my boys

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

That gradient cat is awesome. Do you have more pictures that show his fur pattern?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Radio! posted:

That gradient cat is awesome. Do you have more pictures that show his fur pattern?

I was just about to ask the same thing. I've never seen a cat with black/grey/white banded markings like that, and I'd love to see him not all scrunched up. Not that the first dude isn't cute too! Those tiny pupil slits :3:

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
It's not a white pattern, he's a smoke cat. When his fur bunches up in light it turns white :)

(The spot on his crotch is white though)

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Sadie disproved of my prolonged absence from the apartment today so I got a great grump face when I came back,

Can't get no respect can you girl?

Chasie
Nov 17, 2004

Don't stop believin'

Shifty Pony posted:

Sadie disproved of my prolonged absence from the apartment today so I got a great grump face when I came back,

1. I have a cat named Sadie
2. She's not utterly gorgeous like your girl. My goodness.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Shifty Pony posted:

Who stole the kitty's paws?

Blinks
May 9, 2004
Just cos a rape kit came up positive, that doesn't mean she was raped!
Arthur likes snoozing.

He doesn't like being woken up though...

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Who stole the kitty's paws?

Sadie is a new bread of cat-slug.

Her fuzz hides the paws well but she actually has her paws crossed in front of her, like this: :colbert:. She has adorable little white toe socks that you can kinda see.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
This is Panthro, and that was a slice of my bachelorette life.

edit: This picture is kind of big.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
How much pumpkin pie were you planning to make?

I miss my cat I want a cat UGH. :qq:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
My mom is a chai aficionada and when she moved out, she left me (a non-chai aficionada) all her milk cans. I still haven't figured out what to do with them. Pumpkin pie is ABSOLUTELY not an option. :gonk:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

YeahTubaMike posted:

My mom is a chai aficionada and when she moved out, she left me (a non-chai aficionada) all her milk cans. I still haven't figured out what to do with them. Pumpkin pie is ABSOLUTELY not an option. :gonk:

My mother makes a concoction called "gooey butter bars" that uses condensed milk, but giving out that recipe might be considered a war crime in my family...

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)

Blinks posted:

Hi everyone,

This is my cat Arthur. He is very cool.

Hello Arthur, meet Arthur:

Arthur's brother, Ford:

And their snuggling:

Edit: just to mention, whenever Arthur shakes his head, his whole body jumps off the floor.

Abbeh fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Oct 15, 2012

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Here's my girlfriend's drat cat, Leili

Leili is the most frustrating cat I've ever met. In the morning, she's waiting outside my bedroom door meowing at me. We don't let her in because she pees on the bed. All over the bed. Multiple times a day. And it's just OUR bed, she ignores the housemates and sleeps on their bed. She never sleeps on our bed even when we let her in.

I wake up and she meows a bunch and I check her food and water, do what's needed there. If I put food in she headbutts my hand out of the way so it spills on the floor, the whole time purring and staring at me.

I then go downstairs to get my things together and get out. She runs behind me and follows me around. She flops on the ground and wiggles and demands pettings.

When anyone else is around, or it's later in the day, the drat cat could not give a single crap about me. She does the floppy thing for everyone, but if I try to get near her, she runs away and hides as in the picture above. If I pick her up it's a non stop stream of MEW MEW MEW MEW MEW. She usually doesn't scratch and never, ever bites, but she squirms until you put her down, at which point she finds the nearest tight space and hides for a few minutes.

If I'm home alone and sit on the couch, she will jump up next to me or in my lap. If anyone is around she is terrified of me and will run away.

Dammit Leili. I think it comes from the fact that she was by far the runt of her litter and her first year was living with a cat who was a gigantic rear end in a top hat because that cat's owner was an idiot who got a kitten while working 12 hour days and having a social life, so that cat was never socialized and grew up being bity, scratchy, and attacking Leili constantly.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

This is my cat. I got him when he was 4 y/o at the shelter.

He's very obedient and affectionate. He's never bitten me or scratched me out of anger. He loves to trill and it's so :3: The second pic is his favorite position. I'll be lying with my hands to my side and he'll come up and rest his head on my hand and slowly go to sleep.

He'll be sleeping and I'll come up to him and start petting him and he'll lie there still sleeping, it's awesome.

USS Kobayashi Issa
Jul 18, 2011

This is my cat, Jiji. She's a playful, mischievous butthole that has me totally whipped. She likes chicken, high places, and :siren:HER BOYFRIEND:siren: (i.e. my brother's Ragdoll). She's also a year old this month. :toot:

Speaking of high places, though, one of her favorite spots is the top of the fairly tall linen cupboard in my bathroom.

:catstare:

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA
This is Miley aka Miles aka Miss M if you're nasty.

She has a habit of amusing me. Her mother (not pictured) is Lily aka Licky because she likes to lick people. She is the most pathetic attention starved cat I have ever had. She was thrown into the woods as a kitten and survived on her own until being rescued from the death row squad because I thought well if I have Miley she should have someone to play with.

This is Miley contributing to Laundry Day by using freshly folded clothes as her personal butt warmer.

As if that were not enough I left the heating pad unattended and then this happened.

She is also the most athletic cat. When we play with her favorite Da Bird accessory she can jump at least 3 feet in the air. Sometimes in an attempt to let me know I only live because she allows me to do so she jumps 3 feet in the air through the railing on the stairs to beat me to the top.

All in all Miley is an A++ cat and a valued member of our household.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Another picture of the angry cat in a less than angry mood, look how drat small she is:

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Bingley's fur has finally grown back in after his surgery. Now he looks like a proper black (tripod) kitty.

Robo Kitty
Sep 5, 2011

There was a POST here. It's gone now.

What a lovely tripod he is! My cat has this same toy. It's one of her most favorite things in the world, aside from food.

Mike Barnes
Sep 23, 2003

Karate's Bad Boy
Here is Poseur, sleeping as hard as he possibly can in a warm lap. I'm convinced this is all he wants out of life.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hanns
Oct 9, 2012
Here's a Halloweeny, pumpkin-flavoured picture of Alastor, my one-eyed death machine:

And another, in his full haughty glory.

edit: fixed

hanns fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Nov 1, 2012

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Sadie photo dump!

She is awful at hiding.

Normally she isn't interested in boxes or clothes baskets (without clothes in them to fur). Dunno why she decided to give it a shot.

Get. That. Off. Me.

superkittenhugs
Sep 8, 2010
Hate to break it to you Shifty Pony, but Sadie will one day be mine. You can have visitation once a month.

Canadian Bakin
Nov 6, 2011

Retaliate first.
I'm watching this little guy (dubbed Remy) until I can drop him off with Alley Cats Rescue tomorrow. I am finding that I must constantly remind myself that as adorable as he is, I can not keep him.

You're far too cute for your own good, Remy.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Canadian Bakin posted:

I'm watching this little guy (dubbed Remy) until I can drop him off with Alley Cats Rescue tomorrow. I am finding that I must constantly remind myself that as adorable as he is, I can not keep him.

You're far too cute for your own good, Remy.

Yes you can and must keep him and poke those little paws :3:

Canadian Bakin
Nov 6, 2011

Retaliate first.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Yes you can and must keep him and poke those little paws :3:

The heart says yes! The bank account says "Och, me sporran! It no longer a-jingles!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIq6R6nmHjo

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

superkittenhugs posted:

Hate to break it to you Shifty Pony, but Sadie will one day be mine. You can have visitation once a month.

Oh no! Quickly Sadie, hide in your special hidden place!

Um.. try again

:doh:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
My keta has that same cat toy (I guess most cats do). He LOVES IT, but not so much actually playing with it. He will a little, but his favorite thing is to go and just sit on it for an hour.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Sadie really likes it as well. She "hides" behind it while watching the squirrel and birds outside:

Then flops in it for some relaxing:

And finally uses it to creep me out by watching me in the bedroom like this:

marshmallard
Apr 15, 2005

This post is about me.

Shifty Pony posted:

Oh no! Quickly Sadie, hide in your special hidden place!

This is an amazing photo.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

CATLAUNCHER HAS BEEN PRIMED. TARGET LOCKED. PREPARE FOR LAUNCH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreamer1q
Jan 24, 2004
Leeching Fuckhead

marshmallard posted:

I thought Business Cat looked different in that photo, but decided it was an improvement! Hello Samson, you are very handsome.

This story is amazing and melted my heart <3 please keep posting updates!

In other news, are there any kickass names for black cats? I remember someone called the black cat in their litter Token, which was pretty funny. I think Dark Mark, Vince Noir and Nibbler would be funny too - anyone got better suggestions?

Please keep the photos of your gorgeous black moggies coming :3:

I like to think my cats names are decent, with one being unique for a black cat.

I have two black cats. One black coon named Voodoo, nails, whiskers, nose....all black. He is the one I have taught to play fetch with a small ball.

My other is a tuxedo black and white named Remy. I got them both at a shelter right after my divorce. Voodoo wouldnt quit rolling off my lap and was a kitten, so of course I was overcome by his cuteness. Remy was full grown and days away from being put down. He had been hit by a car and had a huge scar down one side where someone had the vet fix him up. He looked like I felt after the divorce, and I couldnt leave him there. They are now affectionately refered to as my fuzzy morons.