Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

SlothfulCobra posted:

The Amazing World of Gumball just has so much effort put into its animation. This show is amazing.

It really does, you people should watch *The Job* to see how crazy the animation gets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sockser posted:

Johnny Bravo was Van Partible though :confused:

He didn't voice the character but MacFarlane worked on the show.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:

muscles like this? posted:

He didn't voice the character but MacFarlane worked on the show.

Van Partible created Johnny Bravo. Jeff Bennett was the voice actor. :eng101:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Am I the only who remembers that Space Ghost Talent Show special with all the Cartoon Cartoon creators? IIRC Craig McCracken won by being the only one willing to enter the swimsuit competition.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

404GoonNotFound posted:

There are things about Jabberjaw worth celebrating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn1pf0Xi3nU

Jesus, I had seen that in I don't know how many years and that is a giant nostalgia rush. I spent 45 minutes last night watching related videos.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The Young Justice thread is blowing up with news about how, after only two episodes aired after a 3-month hiatus, the DC Nation block is getting bumped back to January. Generator Rex and the previous Ben 10 serie's finales were real under-the-radar, and I haven't seen much promotion of the new Clone Wars season. Do Cartoon Network's axion shows get good ratings? It seems like Adventure Time and Regular Show are the only things it really knows what it's doing with.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Dr Christmas posted:

The Young Justice thread is blowing up with news about how, after only two episodes aired after a 3-month hiatus, the DC Nation block is getting bumped back to January. Generator Rex and the previous Ben 10 serie's finales were real under-the-radar, and I haven't seen much promotion of the new Clone Wars season. Do Cartoon Network's axion shows get good ratings? It seems like Adventure Time and Regular Show are the only things it really knows what it's doing with.

Yeah, like this is a new thing. Samurai Jack springs to mind.

Seriously, the only reason Williams Street is allowed to get away with bringing toonami back is because they were smart enough to milk Twitter for all it's worth.

FrostedButts
Dec 30, 2011

404GoonNotFound posted:

Am I the only who remembers that Space Ghost Talent Show special with all the Cartoon Cartoon creators? IIRC Craig McCracken won by being the only one willing to enter the swimsuit competition.

It was called World Premiere Toon-In. That was quite a historic event in Cartoon Network history. While most of us had already seen all the shorts on What-A-Cartoon, this was first time we saw the directors. I found it hilarious how the only proper clips they displayed were from Dexter's Laboratory, Johnny Bravo and Yucky Duck. The other cartoon entries were improperly timed intentionally so that you only saw 12 frames of Powerpuff Girls.

You can find the World Premiere Toon-In as a special feature on Space Ghost Coast to Coast Volume 3 DVD, but due to copyright concerns all the clips of the cartoon entries have been edited out. Still, it's worth viewing just to watch Craig McCracken verbally smackdown the entire concept of Space Ghost.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Not even Space Ghost calling him a slacker could deter McCracken.

Pfefferbao
Jun 1, 2011
Anyone wouldn't happen to know when they'll start airing the rest of Mystery Inc. season 2? I've never seen CN advertise it at all and when it started, I just happen to caught it by chance.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Anyone else been watching the How to Train Your Dragon series? I think it's pretty good.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

U.T. Raptor posted:

Anyone else been watching the How to Train Your Dragon series? I think it's pretty good.

I saw about half of the premiere and turned it off, there wasn't really any stakes or humor in it. Does it get much better?

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

The Devil Tesla posted:

I saw about half of the premiere and turned it off, there wasn't really any stakes or humor in it. Does it get much better?

It took a while to find it's feet, but recently it's gotten a lot better. Still not quite where I'd like it to be thematically, but one of the best Movie to TV show transitions I've seen in a while.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
I thought the animation was surprisingly really good for a movie-to-TV show, but Hiccup's replacement voice is really awful. He sounds like a balding middle-aged man.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

HorseRenoir posted:

I thought the animation was surprisingly really good for a movie-to-TV show, but Hiccup's replacement voice is really awful. He sounds like a balding middle-aged man.

Uhhhhhhh, a lot of the voices came back to do the TV show. Including Jay Baruchel who voices Hiccup.

I DESTROY MARKERS
Oct 23, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
HEY YOU GUYS

SECRET COVERT NAZI MLP THREAD

GET IN HERE - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3513362

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

You should really heed the advice in your custom title.

DapperDinosaur
May 27, 2012

This is what America's next drag super star does...

She works for a living.

U.T. Raptor posted:

I think it's cute. Like, it's something I'll put on if nothing else is on but I wouldn't actively seek it out. The voice acting and animation is pretty good for a movie to TV show though.

I DESTROY MARKERS
Oct 23, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

Deadpool posted:

gently caress the police. Also, I would just like to say that watching a television show does not make me an animal rapist. I only rape human beings.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I DESTROY MARKERS
Oct 23, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

DapperDinosaur posted:

I think it's cute. Like, it's something I'll put on if nothing else is on but I wouldn't actively seek it out. The voice acting and animation is pretty good for a movie to TV show though.

poo poo, there's a HTTYD show now? The movie was loving great.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Deadpool posted:

It's kosher in this thread last I knew.

Oh, and it comes back November 10th.

e: the HTTYD show is pretty decent. Not great, but if you post in this thread and enjoyed the movie there's a good chance you'll like it.

IRQ fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Oct 23, 2012

I DESTROY MARKERS
Oct 23, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

To, TVIV, what do we think of King Sombra? Who else thought it was "Somber" before they said otherwise? How do we feel about having a villain named after a Mexican hat?

Any general thoughts on Season 3? Faithfully excited or nervous that the show will start going downhill from here, if it hasn't already started? Personally I thought the animation I saw in that preview of Twilight and Spike singing was honestly the best I've seen yet, and the quick cut to the professor double-checking Twi's mental math tells me the writing is as strong as it has ever been.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Oct 24, 2012

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Back in my day, trolling was a art.

I DESTROY MARKERS
Oct 23, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

Back in the early 2000s, shitposting wasn't tolerated.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I DESTROY MARKERS posted:

Is that why you waited until 2012 to register?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I DESTROY MARKERS posted:

How would you know this, being approximately 2 years old at the time?

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
In the year of our Mouse King of the year Twenty of Twelve. The Magic Kingdom hereby recognizes the past and future efforts of The Gargoyles and by decree will show their ventures upon magical video computer box screens.

http://video.disney.com/shows/gargoyles-4ba34a5545c1259e961b9666

Everything Gargoyles is up on the Disney site EVERYTHING! I dunno when this happened, but it's even including the episodes that were not released on DVD.

Vaerai Archon fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Oct 24, 2012

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
even the one where the girl got shot?

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Hmm, earlier today I saw someone saying the same thing about Kim Possible. I suspect that fanboys from both shows are confusing long hoped for corporate love with a new blanket policy on putting old shows up.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Cliff Racer posted:

Hmm, earlier today I saw someone saying the same thing about Kim Possible. I suspect that fanboys from both shows are confusing long hoped for corporate love with a new blanket policy on putting old shows up.

All we ask for is a simple Boxset of all seasons. :negative:

HypnoCabbage
Oct 26, 2007
Cheap as hell since 1971.
Speaking of boxsets of old animated shows, The Mysterious Cities of Gold is available again on DVD.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Have a quick question, where is the Sozin's Comet GDT, I've been looking for it and can't find it. :(

FrostedButts
Dec 30, 2011

Vaerai Archon posted:

All we ask for is a simple Boxset of all seasons. :negative:

Fans have a right to be pissed considering Disney actually did make a complete series boxed set that was never released. Toonzone wrote a story about this years ago and actually had an advance copy of the complete set revealed in pictures.

Disney has always been awful with releasing animated series on DVD. The only series I can recall that they've actually released completely and in proper order was X-Men: The Animated Series and they didn't even put any effort into that (considering they didn't produce the show). Even Phineas & Ferb, Disney's most successful and popular animated series, is still relegated to scores of compilation discs and no complete season sets. They're doing okay with the individual volumes for Avengers EMH (so far), but don't hold your breath for a complete box.

It pains me to admit this because Disney actually has some really awesome cartoons now (Gravity Falls, Tron: Uprising, Motorcity) that I would love to own on DVD. But if they ever do make it that far, they'll either be individual bare-bones releases or one season box and nothing more. Surprisingly, Disney has done a fantastic job selling their shows digitally. You can watch all of Phineas & Ferb on Netflix and they just recently made digital episodes of Tron: Uprising and Gravity Falls available for purchase on Amazon (now they just need Motorcity and everything will be perfect).

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Welp, No more Motercity after ep 13 for us.

Can't honestly think why, between the show never being on and what not.

Disney can be real fuckers at the best of times.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

ConanThe3rd posted:

Welp, No more Motercity after ep 13 for us.

Can't honestly think why, between the show never being on and what not.

Disney can be real fuckers at the best of times.

I can't say I'll miss it that much, I really wanted to like it but it just kinda bored me.

It's not like they treat their successful animated shows any better, but god dammit if you can't see Good Luck Charlie or ANT Farm any hour of the god damned day.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
The Disney Channel appears to be working on a follow-up to Boy Meets World, "Girl Meets World", starring the daughter of Cory and Topanga. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/boy-meets-world-disney-channel-386190

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Argue posted:

The Disney Channel appears to be working on a follow-up to Boy Meets World, "Girl Meets World", starring the daughter of Cory and Topanga. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/boy-meets-world-disney-channel-386190

And yet Feeny will still be around.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

404GoonNotFound posted:

And yet Feeny will still be around.

I hope we get dad Eric along with his son going out to the backyard and both of them going FEENEH! FEEEEEENEH! FEE-HEE-HEE-HEEEEENEH! at the same time.

Also will we get more Topenga? :allears:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I wonder if the girl will have a ridiculous name or if the boy she initially hates then eventually loves will have a ridiculous name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Macaluso posted:

I hope we get dad Eric along with his son going out to the backyard and both of them going FEENEH! FEEEEEENEH! FEE-HEE-HEE-HEEEEENEH! at the same time.

Also will we get more Topenga? :allears:
Hope they get Jason Marsden also on the show. :allears:
E: Heh watching KND right now and I got to say my fav episodes were the Number Five Candy centric episodes and Stickybeard is awesome.

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Nov 10, 2012