Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sagebrush posted:

i made a caesar salad for dinner last night and it was great
a well-made caesar salad is pro as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
yeah if you like fat and sodium on a poor excuse for a salad

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

cæsar salad

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
ya i eat healthy, i eat salads *dumps half bottle of creamy italian on plate of lettuce and croutons*

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

got dat wmd posted:

ya i eat healthy, i eat salads *dumps half bottle of creamy italian on plate of lettuce and croutons*

If you don't like croutons, you have no soul.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

lol wmd if that's the only Caesar you know about
u must be faux noveau riche after all

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
i dont eat anchovies so i don't eat caesar

also what else is there, it's lettuice, some form of cheese and caesar dressing with anchovies

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

the creamy fat one is the gross one

you can also do:
garlic
bit of oil
Lemon
No! Eggs
capers
maybe bacon
Dash of mustard

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

got dat wmd posted:

is everything on sesame street still jive as gently caress

not as much as it was in the 70s

but nothing is

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_are_wonderful#section_1

Some Men's Rights Activist posted this in the Reddit thread.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

exception that proves the rule

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

Count Chocula posted:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_are_wonderful#section_1

Some Men's Rights Activist posted this in the Reddit thread.

This article is within the scope of WikiProject Discrimination, a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of Discrimination on W

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

turn the page, wash your hands

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

got dat wmd posted:

also what else is there, it's lettuice, some form of cheese and caesar dressing with anchovies

from chrones to groans: the got dat wmd story

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

post the least salad thing you can find on wikipedia

Mayonnaise mixed with peas, sliced boiled asparagus and diced carrot, called italiensk salat (lit. Italian salad),

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sm%F8rrebr%F8d

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Carthag posted:

post the least salad thing you can find on youtube

watch only if you have an iron gut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4zw99VsoMA

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Milkie Galore posted:

mad props for the attention to detail too

thanks m.g.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ahmeni posted:

from chrones to groans: the got dat wmd story

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

got dat wmd posted:

if the caesar salad has "caesar dressing" as an ingredient then something's gone terribly wrong

sports
Sep 1, 2012
http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/ham_salad/

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009

duTrieux. posted:

if the caesar salad has "caesar dressing" as an ingredient then something's gone terribly wrong

there's a consistent taste and style of caesar which is what i mean

what is this
Sep 11, 2001

it is a lemur
got dat wmd "caesar salad"

kraft caesar ranch dressing

wal mart shredded lettuce

anchovy paste

dominos pizza parmesan packets

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i will admit to using a bottle of fancy organic caesar dressing cause i was too lazy last night to make that myself, but you better believe i used romaine lettuce and some curls of parmesan cheese shaved from a block and freshly cooked bacon and hardboiled eggs and pounded peppercorns

it was a really good salad

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

:laffo:

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

i will admit to using a bottle of fancy organic caesar dressing cause i was too lazy last night to make that myself, but you better believe i used romaine lettuce and some curls of parmesan cheese shaved from a block and freshly cooked bacon and hardboiled eggs and pounded peppercorns

it was a really good salad
This is the most pretentious post

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

nah that's just cooking better than a bachelor. head over to goons with spoons if you think that counts as pretentious and prepare to be blown away

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
There's nothing boring about a simple, clean preparation that focuses on highlighting the flavor of the meat, meat blend, or veggie patty that you are using. This is a very valid method of cooking that results in tasty food. It's treating your hamburger like a steak, which is really very beautiful and makes me tear up a bit.

I love to grill food, but lately I have been waffling on my preferred method of cooking burgers which is one of the reasons I started this thread. Typically I fry my burgers throughout the winter and start to grill them instead as soon as it gets warm. However, I was recently given a griddle by a friend and I think it is quickly becoming my favorite way to prepare a burger. It's just so easy to control the heat. You can get a quick sear on either side, pull your burger off the heat for about a minute while the griddle cools, and cook them from that point without losing much or any of the juice from inside. I really, really love how succulent burgers are coming off of this flat top, but I miss the smoky flavor I'd get when I did burgers over low heat on the grill(I usually take them inside and sear them in a skillet using this method). Does anyone know how to achieve that smoky flavor on a griddle? Is Liquid Smoke any good in reality? I've never used it(the concept just doesn't really make sense to me), but I miss my smoky burgers. I am going through a major change in burger philosophy at this point in my life and it has been a wondrous journey.

One recipe I've been working on a bit is more or less a straight cheeseburger with some chopped bacon inside. I usually add diced onions or jalapenos to my burgers to make them extra moist(and I love the way diced veggies season a patty), but lately I've spruced that up a tiny bit. Instead of using diced raw onions, I saute my onions with chopped bacon and let it cool a bit before adding it, grease and all, to my hamburger. I use an 85/15 blend with these because you add quite a bit of fat depending on how much bacon you use and having less fat in your beef helps that pork flavor not get drowned out. These also don't need much salt. The last time I made 2lbs of burgers with 4 fairly thick strips of bacon and didn't add any salt and they tasted wonderful. Besides black pepper, I like to season these with earthy herbs like oregano. I recommend sauteing your onions about halfway and then adding your bacon so that it doesn't cook too thoroughly before you cook your burger. I prefer the bacon to have a similar texture to the hamburger, though you might find that a contrasting crunch is more suitable to your tastes. That's part of the fun, right?

These bacon-burger things have become my go-to for gatherings because most people enjoy them and many of my friends aren't very adventurous but shiiiiiiiiit... I make burgers so often that I feel like I need to branch out. Right now I've been kind of testing out a cajun burger that is much like the aforementioned bacon burger but I saute andouille sasuage with the onions instead. I've been getting tripped up trying to come up with a remoulade that I like with them, but they're good without sauce(or just with mayo).

drat I love hamburgers. I could talk about hamburgers for hours. I have been thinking about hamburgers for hours. I'm off to the grocery store. For s.

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

I had Reese's pieces for breakfast

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Wirth1000 posted:

burger philosophy

moooooods

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

lol i still get breifly confused when i see "hispeed" vs "fullspeed" for USB modes

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i actually remember a sesame street bit from my childe hood. big bird & snuffleupagus were counting the # of steps from one's house to the other; they got in an argument b/c they had different answers. in my 5 year old wisdom i thought "well DUH a 2 leg animal will take fewer steps than a 4 leg animal" (this was the moral of teh story, that people r different :))

:spergin:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Lutha Mahtin posted:

i actually remember a sesame street bit from my childe hood. big bird & snuffleupagus were counting the # of steps from one's house to the other; they got in an argument b/c they had different answers. in my 5 year old wisdom i thought "well DUH a 2 leg animal will take fewer steps than a 4 leg animal" (this was the moral of teh story, that people r different :))

:spergin:

my five year old self would have assumed big bird miscounted b/c he is a retard

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano

Cold on a Cob posted:

my five year old self would have assumed big bird miscounted b/c he is a retard

lol

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
big bird is both right and wrong because snuffleupagus is his imaginary friend #wow #whoa

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

ahmeni posted:

big bird is both right and wrong because snuffleupagus is his imaginary friend #wow #whoa

sesame street:fight club :: o brother where art thou:the odyssey

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Trig Discipline posted:

blowin my mind here

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Trig Discipline posted:

Troy was a weird movie. They made brad Pitt be Achilles and he was full of plastic surgery. Brad Pitt is also very boring. There's one shot where you see Ajax wailing on dudes with his tree/sledgehammer, that's the good part of the movie. The rest sucks. Odysseus was in it I think. Played by Orlando bloom maybe

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

did you know that troy had a whole 90 minute score written for it that got thrown out in the editing room cause for some reason they called james horner in to do the usual BRAAA BRAAA I"M A JAMES HORNER TURMPET thing? and the original score is actually really great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O007vSksRo

i assume i am pretty weird for liking movie score music but hey, it's where all the people who would have done poo poo like operas in the past go these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Vicas posted:

blowin my mind here

i'll blow your mind further - did u know fight club is just calvin & hobbes part 2

also marla is susie and moe is meatloaf i guess?

this is an original line of thought i'm sure nobody ever thought of before :smug: