Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

Tarranon posted:

I can buy Glenn Beck being a cynical fucker who's willing to take advantage of the fears of baby boomers to ensure his success

But could this him secretly being left leaning and his show is actually a joke ha ha is new to me, who's reporting 'dis poop?

He used to be on CNN if that helps. It was before he went to Fox. He wasn't really that crazy on CNN. I have no clue if that last sentence is true.

Someone mind explaining :m10: I know it was supposed to be a fake gag tag or something, but I'd like to know the full story.

Turncoat Mommy has a new favorite as of 23:12 on Sep 28, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Lazy Programming posted:

He used to be on CNN if that helps. It was before he went to Fox. He wasn't really that crazy on CNN. I have no clue if that last sentence is true.

Someone mind explaining :m10: I know it was supposed to be a fake gag tag or something, but I'd like to know the full story.

Old Apple Macintosh "mac" logo:

+
Mac 10 submachine gun:

+
Apple owners are smug:
:smug:

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.

Boat posted:

Old Apple Macintosh "mac" logo:

+
Mac 10 submachine gun:

+
Apple owners are smug:
:smug:

Also a riff on the Tek-9s gangtag.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Tarranon posted:

I can buy Glenn Beck being a cynical fucker who's willing to take advantage of the fears of baby boomers to ensure his success

But could this him secretly being left leaning and his show is actually a joke ha ha is new to me, who's reporting 'dis poop?

Forbes had a decent interview about him a little while ago, detailing his strategy. The one where he proclaims that he leans left was in Salon, but I can't find it.

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2010/0426/entertainment-fox-news-simon-schuster-glenn-beck-inc.html

This article makes it fairly clear that Glenn Beck is at first an entertainer, and doesn't really care about the politics.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

There are plenty of examples of supposedly right-leaning/conservative/stupid pundits who turn out to be well-educated leftists putting on an act (eg. Glenn Beck, Larry the Cable Guy, Stephen Colbert in a manner of speaking, and I theorize Ann Coulter is one too). But are there any examples of the opposite? Highly publicized pinko commie bleeding-heart hippies who turn out to actually be fairly white-bread socially conservative moderates?

Guesticles
Dec 21, 2009

I AM CURRENTLY JACKING OFF TO PICTURES OF MUTILATED FEMALE CORPSES, IT'S ALL VERY DEEP AND SOPHISTICATED BUT IT'S JUST TOO FUCKING HIGHBROW FOR YOU NON-MISOGYNISTS TO UNDERSTAND

:siren:P.S. STILL COMPLETELY DEVOID OF MERIT:siren:

Suspicious Dish posted:

Forbes had a decent interview about him a little while ago, detailing his strategy. The one where he proclaims that he leans left was in Salon, but I can't find it.

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2010/0426/entertainment-fox-news-simon-schuster-glenn-beck-inc.html

This article makes it fairly clear that Glenn Beck is at first an entertainer, and doesn't really care about the politics.

Some of that stuff, about him "being an entertainment icon" smacks of the small text at bottom of Madame Cleo's informericals letting you know this is for "entertainment only"

Guesticles has a new favorite as of 23:02 on Sep 30, 2012

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Guesticles posted:

Some of that stuff, about him "being an entertainment icon" smack of of the small text at bottom of Madame Cleo's informericals letting you know this is for "entertainment only"

Was I supposed to be able to understand that sentence?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Suspicious Dish posted:

I did. He compares Glen Beck's "entertainment icon" statement to a TV psychic's disclaimer.

the2ndgenesis
Mar 18, 2009

You, McNulty, are a gaping asshole. We both know this.

Suspicious Dish posted:

"Smack" is a verb. :v:

a world called z0r
Aug 31, 2012

wow... I made that in 2004 or 2005

a world called z0r
Aug 31, 2012

fork bomb posted:

Moose Milkie's av is a picture from one of the banner animals at the top of each SA page (obviously it came from somewhere before that, though I don't have the full image).

Forums poster z0r once claimed to have started the "milkifying" of gifs one night when he was bored, and that Moose Milkie was just a victim of chance.

Some of the gifs are here and there's a tumblr with more, but I can't find the link right now.

Nice namedrop.

http://mlyp.tumblr.com

a world called z0r
Aug 31, 2012

Lex Kramer posted:

z0r also bought :milkie: and then accused milkie of buying it for himself

Lol. Good times.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Tarranon posted:

Someone who decided that it would be fun to make Glenn Beck into Ron Perlman's character from The Last Supper.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Dauntasa posted:

The thing is that not only do people take him seriously, they agree with what he's saying.

Just proof that sufficiently advanced conservatism is virtually indistinguishable from parody.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Glenn Beck himself has said that he's pretty much the world's highest-paid troll, if memory serves.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 358 days!

Mad Hamish posted:

I know it's devoid of any kind of context, but this is really goddamned creepy and now I'm seeing those awful hands everywhere.

Way back, but this one's my fault

you're welcome

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

:agesilaus:

Is there a reason someone paid to immortalize a Spartan king in smugform?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I think it's a reference to some dumb idiot poster who really missed the times when greeks buttfucking each other was the truest expression of art

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

muike posted:

I think it's a reference to some dumb idiot poster who really missed the times when greeks buttfucking each other was the truest expression of art

Yeah, started here, in the "E/N Comics" thread:

Kavak posted:

Somebody needs to do something with this Sparta-fellating douche. It's not exactly E/Nish but I can't even imagine how insufferable he would be in person.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Zenintrude was the dude in the retro games thread that kept posting a picture of money burning because of how incredibly expensive some old games are (like Earthbound being $170 on eBay now-a-day's just for the cart itself; forget if it has the box and/or manual).

I bought the smiley, :retrogames: , ironically because of all the money I was spending on my OCD in trying to find the perfect SNES revision.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Did you find it?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

muike posted:

Did you find it?

Several hundred dollars later, yes!

Guesticles
Dec 21, 2009

I AM CURRENTLY JACKING OFF TO PICTURES OF MUTILATED FEMALE CORPSES, IT'S ALL VERY DEEP AND SOPHISTICATED BUT IT'S JUST TOO FUCKING HIGHBROW FOR YOU NON-MISOGYNISTS TO UNDERSTAND

:siren:P.S. STILL COMPLETELY DEVOID OF MERIT:siren:
What constitutes the perfect SNES revision?

Trivial Fursuit
Dec 18, 2009

Guesticles posted:

Then one you grew up with, of course! :colbert:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Guesticles posted:

As to not derail the thread I will give you the short version: certain motherboard revisions (the SNES had a ton of 'em) have better picture quality than others.

Stop by the Retro Games Discussion Thread some day when you have a chance! It's a great place to relax with some friends; grab a brew, chat about your favorite 8, 16, and 32-bit games, and just have a good time! Stop by today!

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Why is :shobon: called "shobon"?

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

muike posted:

Read it. Smell it. Love it.

Agesilaus posted:

My life is great now, and it would be great in a better world, too. I get to read the Classics and apply them either way, living the life of a noble gentleman. If your strongest objection to what I'm saying is "well you would be at the bottom of society in your ideal world!", then surely you have to stop defending the instant world given that you're probably low class nobodies right now.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ave, true to Caesar!

UmbreonMessiah
Nov 1, 2011

~Hey, I'm grump!~
I'm...yeah, I'm just a grump.

I want to know how Agesilaus managed to get this :allears: Someone, quick, tell me why!

E: /\/\ And now that I've been summarily shown to be a moron, I can move on and say the smiley was truly earned!

UmbreonMessiah has a new favorite as of 23:51 on Oct 14, 2012

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Dr Pepper posted:

Why is :shobon: called "shobon"?

It's based off this Japanese emoticon I'm guessing. (´・ω・`) Shobon roughly means depressed or down cast.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

UmbreonMessiah posted:

I want to know how Agesilaus managed to get this :allears: Someone, quick, tell me why!
seriously, one post above yours

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sagebrush posted:

There are plenty of examples of supposedly right-leaning/conservative/stupid pundits who turn out to be well-educated leftists putting on an act (eg. Glenn Beck, Larry the Cable Guy, Stephen Colbert in a manner of speaking, and I theorize Ann Coulter is one too). But are there any examples of the opposite? Highly publicized pinko commie bleeding-heart hippies who turn out to actually be fairly white-bread socially conservative moderates?

No, there really isn't any money in that.

UmbreonMessiah
Nov 1, 2011

~Hey, I'm grump!~
I'm...yeah, I'm just a grump.

peepsalot posted:

seriously, one post above yours

:doh: Holy hell I'm dumb.

SNOOP CATTE
Oct 14, 2012

Take that, you stupid cat!
I'm assuming that :rodimus: is about comic stores selling really expensive toys to fans, not to mention a killer parody of the pedophile emote.

I like it because the tiny Optimus is really cute.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

SNOOP CATTE posted:

I'm assuming that :rodimus: is about comic stores selling really expensive toys to fans, not to mention a killer parody of the pedophile emote.

I like it because the tiny Optimus is really cute.

It's actually more about scalpers who go to toy stores, buy every all of every Transformer that they know people want, and then sell them on ebay at inflated prices.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Why is the witch crying?

:witch:

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

DrBouvenstein posted:

Why is the witch crying?

:witch:

That brown spot? thats a wart.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

redmercer posted:

Read it. Smell it. Love it.

Ave, true to Caesar!

He also went on to say slavery is justified and some other dumb poo poo but once he got probated and given a big red title he cleaned up his act and is now a pretty decent poster in the Rome thread.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Itchy Bear Dong posted:

That brown spot? thats a wart.

Huh...well I'll be.

That spot, combined with the odd shape of the mouth, makes it look like she is crying and sort of holding her mouth all agape.

EightDeer
Dec 2, 2011

Moist von Lipwig posted:

He also went on to say slavery is justified and some other dumb poo poo but once he got probated and given a big red title he cleaned up his act and is now a pretty decent poster in the Rome thread.

You are aware he likely still believes slavery is a good thing? He's just learned to keep quiet about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

EightDeer posted:

You are aware he likely still believes slavery is a good thing? He's just learned to keep quiet about it.

And so social progress was made.