Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

dflanny posted:

I got this sweet 40cm or so long rectangular basket which is the perfect width for housing 7 inches froma HSW a couple of years ago. I don't know if they still sell them though.

There's also a place near me called Economy Warehouse which has huge range of cane baskets that are suitable, but I think that store is Tasmanian only.

pfft, just build your own solution :smug:

Here's where I'd put posters if I could get the motivation to actually finish my cabinet. Hopefully this weekend :(

Heads up to any Australians that like punk/rock/indie sorta stuff; the mag Veri.Live is awesome. Printed out on Melbourne and mainly focussing on stuff out of there, it comes with a 7" every issue. This month it's Dinosaur Jr. and The Jim Jones Revue, but it's had poo poo like Mark of Cain, Opeth, Children Collide, Jackson Firebird and a pretty big variety of others. It's a great mag as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

I, Butthole posted:

Heads up to any Australians that like punk/rock/indie sorta stuff; the mag Veri.Live is awesome. Printed out on Melbourne and mainly focussing on stuff out of there, it comes with a 7" every issue. This month it's Dinosaur Jr. and The Jim Jones Revue, but it's had poo poo like Mark of Cain, Opeth, Children Collide, Jackson Firebird and a pretty big variety of others. It's a great mag as well.

If I had more money I'd probably subscribe to this. Maybe some other time :(

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

david puddy posted:

If I had more money I'd probably subscribe to this. Maybe some other time :(

I find it gives me an excuse to head to my local store and spend more money than I usually do every two months. It stimulates the economy!

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

I, Butthole posted:

I find it gives me an excuse to head to my local store and spend more money than I usually do every two months. It stimulates the economy!

Yeah I usually stop in at a record store on my way home from uni tutoring once a week but I have basically no money and I am saving to go to the US next year, so I can't just drop $100 on impulse buys anymore. I will just save it for record store hopping around the states :v:

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

david puddy posted:

Yeah I usually stop in at a record store on my way home from uni tutoring once a week but I have basically no money and I am saving to go to the US next year, so I can't just drop $100 on impulse buys anymore. I will just save it for record store hopping around the states :v:

I'm doing the same thing, heading over to SXSW for the third year in a row; however, my girlfriends going ahead and meeting me in LA on her way back/my way through, so I can send her home with a carry-on bag of records from Amoeba :v:

Just found a decentish Marantz amp and some speakers that are probably better than the ones I have now on eBay for $65 total, super close to me for pick up as well. Right now my turntable is only going through my Logitech Z5500 mini-amp and speakers, so it'll be nice to get something better. At least, until I can save up and splurge on a decent new amp+speakers.

PS, if you like Bleeding Knees Club they've just released a 7" limited to 50 editions earlier today: http://velvetdrag.bigcartel.com/product/limited-edition-have-fun-bad-guys-7-only-50

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

I, Butthole posted:

If only I had the skills :smith:

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

There is a collaboration between Jakob / Kerretta members Jeff Boyle and Hamish Walker called MEAN (kind of minimalist, ambient post-rock) which is being released on limited vinyl, but they're only producing as many as the number of orders they get before October 29. The pre-orders are online at their bandcamp. I can't vouch for Kerretta but Jakob vinyl releases sound awesome, and both are very good bands in my opinion. The two released tracks are streaming here.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

dflanny posted:

If only I had the skills :smith:

I've literally fallen over my own feet going up stairs so it's not really that bad. If you've got a plywood supplier you can get a sheet cut so all you have to do is paint + screw it together for about $280 or so; over the past fortnight I've been spending weekend measuring and cutting and it's cost me about $105 total ($90 for the ply, $6 for paint and the rest on screws and brackets, and borrowing friends/parents hardware) and it'll hopefully be done this weekend; it's only sanding and painting from here out. I'll post pictures when it's done, and I could probably post some plans and poo poo if anyone likes the look of it.

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
This burrito is delicious, but it is filling.

I, Butthole posted:

I'm seriously considering it. I'm terrible at woodwork and only just managed to make a dolly for my projector. People keep saying that custom made furniture isn't THAT expensive, and I'm sure that some real woodwork would last 100 times longer than kit built stuff.

Rush Hour Renegade
Jul 8, 2008

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Also: Did anyone else get shafted on the PopMarket Cat Power bundle from a few weeks ago? It was supposed to ship two weeks ago but it's listed on my account page as backordered and there's no word on when they're going to fulfill. I've bought from them before without issue and this is the first time I've seen this sort of thing. When PopMarket sells out of a featured item, they stop the sale. I claimed a set long before they ended that specific sale, so it's not like I missed out.

The same thing happened to me with the Sugar/Bob Mould bundle. I ordered the set within the first hour of it going up and it was definitely not sold out. I've never dealt with them before but I've always heard good things.

DirtyCheeseburgers
Apr 15, 2003

College Slice

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Did anyone else get shafted on the PopMarket Cat Power bundle from a few weeks ago? It was supposed to ship two weeks ago but it's listed on my account page as backordered and there's no word on when they're going to fulfill. I've bought from them before without issue and this is the first time I've seen this sort of thing. When PopMarket sells out of a featured item, they stop the sale. I claimed a set long before they ended that specific sale, so it's not like I missed out.

This happened to me when I ordered the Slayer box set with them a while back, and to a friend of mine who got a Spoon set more recently. No need to worry - in both cases things turned out fine. Took a while to show up but that could be just because we're in Canada.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

It's a really drat good album, by the way. Classic BMSR, but tighter and more concise than their last couple of records, and with some new tricks. I'm digging it a lot.

I got the digital download before my LP came and I gave it a half-assed listen on the way out to my parents house over the weekend. My initial impression of it was that it sounded too digital and crisp, like Tobacco's solo stuff but once I listened to it last night in full, it's definitely a BMSR record.

fozzie dunlop
Feb 28, 2008

by exmarx
Insound's got its usual 30% sale on overstock, but there's also a 15%-off soul sale curated by THE RZA. So that's pretty cool.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Can someone recommend something random (that they think is good) on that list? I want to get the Anamanaguchi/Starscream split but don't want to pay 4$ to ship 1 7".

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Yeah, I know it's a drag...
but wastin' pigs is still radical.
Went up to Orlando today to see Swans (who were amazing) and wound up spending way too much money at one of the local stores:

Pond - Beard, Wives, Denim
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend!
Melody's Echo Chamber - s/t
Ty Segall - Horn the Unicorn

Weezer - Weezer (The Blue Album) MFSL
Swans - The Seer, signed by M Gira
Trey Anastasio - Signed test pressing of whatever his new album is

The store was doing a giveaway for that test press where they hid it somewhere in the store and I found it. I hate Phish, but hey, why not?

If you guys like Tame Impala, you should really check out Pond and Melody's Echo Chamber. Great stuff.

Cracky
Feb 11, 2007

are you one of those guys who likes big fatties and the big fatties have got big fatty dildos in their nose and they barf and they barf and its so gross.
today's little haul, £15 all together
oh Kate...

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

Surfingelectrode posted:

Weezer - Weezer (The Blue Album) MFSL

I got that mofi Weezer album last week, sounds great.

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007

eggsovereasy posted:

I got that mofi Weezer album last week, sounds great.

I love thAt album but is it worth 30? I think the most I've ever spent on just 1 album was around 25.

dutch wife abc
Apr 25, 2012

Cracky posted:

today's little haul, £15 all together
oh Kate...

15? The hell.

Is that the Inmost Light comp or All the Pretty Little Horsies?

Cracky
Feb 11, 2007

are you one of those guys who likes big fatties and the big fatties have got big fatty dildos in their nose and they barf and they barf and its so gross.

dutch wife abc posted:

15? The hell.

Is that the Inmost Light comp or All the Pretty Little Horsies?

Nice little store in Notting Hill, they had old soviet records too, Akvarium and Nautilus Pompilius, never expected to see them here.
It's All the Pretty Little Horses.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Harry Privates posted:

I love thAt album but is it worth 30? I think the most I've ever spent on just 1 album was around 25.

Yes, especially considering the lovely European copies of it that used to be available everywhere cost $30.

I've never heard the Blue Album sound so good. MoFi really did a great job on this one.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
The new Pinback (Information Retrieved) showed up yesterday, it's really good.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Mailman came.

:getin:

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

I got this in the mail today from a Discogs seller. It's loving beautiful, completely mint and sealed. I got it well under the average price as well (£65).

I'm scared to open it.

FarmerHank
Jan 6, 2011

farming techniques vary

Duckula posted:

I got this in the mail today from a Discogs seller. It's loving beautiful, completely mint and sealed. I got it well under the average price as well (£65).

I'm scared to open it.

Holy poo poo, I lurk this thread but my good god. Congratulations, its almost like you have had a baby, My personal favorite album of BoC and one of all time.

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001
Someone stole my copy of Geogaddi about 6 years ago, and I really miss it. I bought it when it came out, and had no idea how expensive it had become on the secondary market until I went looking to replace it.

You've got to open it so you can appreciate the etching, at least.

LtTennisBall
Apr 5, 2009

well all of this rules, how much was it if you don't mind me asking? I don't know anything about the rarity/availability of Envy vinyl.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

LtTennisBall posted:

well all of this rules, how much was it if you don't mind me asking? I don't know anything about the rarity/availability of Envy vinyl.

I didn't either, last time I wanted to order a bunch of Envy LPs I was trying to do it through Temporary Residence and shipping cost almost as much as the order. I went through SC Distribution this time and it cost me $55 shipped to Canada for those three. I'm only missing a couple early releases and Insomniac Doze now but that one wasn't in stock.

edit: meant Temp Residence, not Level Plane

Crumbletron fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Oct 21, 2012

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar
I'm pretty sure any Envy release that Temporary Residence Limited puts out is fairly easy to find. I see them at record stores all the time. I'm pretty sure every Hot Topic has at least half a dozen copies of the (amazing) Thursday split sitting around.

When TRL first put out All the Footprints, A Dead Sinking Story, Compiled Fragments, and Abyssal I preordered them as a bundle and ended up with a free Mono DVD and EITS- The Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place LP.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Kevar posted:

I'm pretty sure any Envy release that Temporary Residence Limited puts out is fairly easy to find. I see them at record stores all the time. I'm pretty sure every Hot Topic has at least half a dozen copies of the (amazing) Thursday split sitting around.

When TRL first put out All the Footprints, A Dead Sinking Story, Compiled Fragments, and Abyssal I preordered them as a bundle and ended up with a free Mono DVD and EITS- The Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place LP.

Yeah, they're not too hard to find. Abyssal, Fragments and the All the Footprints repress I all found at my local shop. These days they only ever have a copy of Abyssal though so that's why I ordered the rest online. TRL has expensive shipping though which is why I went with SC Distro.

LtTennisBall
Apr 5, 2009

Parachute Underwear posted:

I didn't either, last time I wanted to order a bunch of Envy LPs I was trying to do it through Temporary Residence and shipping cost almost as much as the order. I went through SC Distribution this time and it cost me $55 shipped to Canada for those three. I'm only missing a couple early releases and Insomniac Doze now but that one wasn't in stock.

edit: meant Temp Residence, not Level Plane

Ahhh ok. The only screamo record I've really made a concentrated effort to find (that isn't by a more recent band) is the The Underdark, and that took me forever. I guess Envy are way more well known, I'll have to grab A Dead Sinking Story at least.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

LtTennisBall posted:

Ahhh ok. The only screamo record I've really made a concentrated effort to find (that isn't by a more recent band) is the The Underdark, and that took me forever. I guess Envy are way more well known, I'll have to grab A Dead Sinking Story at least.

I admit I haven't really put too much time into it but I'd kill for a copy of The Underdark. Funeral Diner's in my top 5 of bands. Good find!

LtTennisBall
Apr 5, 2009

Parachute Underwear posted:

I admit I haven't really put too much time into it but I'd kill for a copy of The Underdark. Funeral Diner's in my top 5 of bands. Good find!

Put it on my wantlist on Discogs like more than a year ago, finally had one come up in like July. I don't know if people just hold on to them or what, though I guess they only printed around 1,000 or so.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Has anyone picked up Flying Lotus - 'Until the Quiet Comes' yet? I was wondering if it comes with a digital download by chance?

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009

thathonkey posted:

Has anyone picked up Flying Lotus - 'Until the Quiet Comes' yet? I was wondering if it comes with a digital download by chance?

yes.

Pookdaddy G
Jun 13, 2007

Strand of Oaks-Pope Killdragon :)

Got this bad boy in the mail the other day! It's not one of the original 300, so it's not hand numbered.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

If any of you like dredg, it was El Cielo's 10th birthday this week and to mark the occasion they're re-releasing it as a double 45rpm LP set. Their Leitmotif record is hard as hell to find so if you're a fan I'd get in I guess.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Got my BMSR Kickstarter stuff in the mail today:

I asked Tobacco to draw me a visual representation of the most hosed up dream he's ever had. Here's what that looks like:

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Surfingelectrode posted:

Got my BMSR Kickstarter stuff in the mail today:

I asked Tobacco to draw me a visual representation of the most hosed up dream he's ever had. Here's what that looks like:

Can't wait for my package to arrive. That album is drat fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Oh man, that stuff is loving awesome. Now I kinda wish I had splurged on that package. I still can't get over how great that album is. Maybe my favorite of the year. Maybe.