Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!

Send Bernie to the minors for Hamilton. Hamilton replaces Jones. I should probably rearrange the batting order at some point, but I'm sure A-Rod/Greenberg will remember how to hit eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
The Rated R Superstars will make the following changes to their roster:

- 1965 Harmon Killebrew replaces 2009 Troy Glaus on the roster
- 2006 Scott Downs replaces 2006 Brandon League as the long reliever

New lineups!

vs RHP

1. Derek Jeter SS
2. Jimmie Foxx DH
3. Harmon Killebrew 3B
4. Vladimir Guerrero LF
5. Frank Robinson RF
6. Albert Pujols 1B
7. Ivan Rodriguez C
8. Jhonny Peralta 2B
9. Larry Doby CF

vs LHP

1. Derek Jeter SS
2. Jimmie Foxx DH
3. Harmon Killebrew 3B
4. Vladimir Guerrero LF
5. Frank Robinson RF
6. Albert Pujols 1B
7. Andruw Jones CF
8. Ivan Rodriguez C
9. Jhonny Peralta 2B

Please keep in mind that Jack Lapp is the personal catcher for Pete Alexander. Thanks!

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Warm Sarsaparilla posted:

HoF 3B Brooks Robinson for Jim Kaat, who has enough relief credentials I feel I can use him, and basically any one other guy you can spare?

What year is Robinson?

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!
Michael Young to AAA, Nelson Cruz re-called up.

vLeft:
2B Eddie Collins
SS Alex Rodriguez
1B Mark McGwire
CF Carlos Beltran
LF Josh Hamilton
RF Rick Monday
3B Adrian Beltre
C Gene Tenance
P

vLeft:
2B Eddie Collins
SS Alex Rodriguez
1B Mark McGwire
CF Carlos Beltran
LF Josh Hamilton
RF Rick Monday
3B Adrian Beltre
C Mike Napoli
P

Bench:
Napoli/Tenance
IF Sal Bando
IF Bert Campnaris
IF Don Mincher
OF Nelson Cruz

DL:
Ian Kinsler
Reggie Jackson

AAA:
Michael Young
Elvis Andrus
Luis Aparicio

SP1: Vida Blue
SP2: CJ Wilson
SP3: Catfish Hunter
SP4: Tommy John
SP5: Mickey Lolich

CL: Neftali Feliz
SU: Alexei Ogando
SR Mudcat Grant
SR Koji Uehara
MR Rollie Fingers
MR Wilbur Wood
LR Joe Horlen

AAA:
Darren O'Day
Brandon League

---

Dear friends:
With my recent upgrade at Second Base, Ian Kinsler is now very available, he will be back from injury shortly! Offer away!

Nerokerubina fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Oct 16, 2012

Warm Sarsaparilla
Jan 3, 2012

Mooseontheloose posted:

What year is Robinson?

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Hey y'all, I just registered an expansion team and made a big ole post detailing which of my spare parts are on the trading block in the expansion thread if anyone's interested. The highlights are 1968 Bill Freehan, 1932 Ernie Lombardi, 1968 Norm Cash, and 2004 Jason Bay.

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!

factorialite posted:

I kind of want your Kirby Puckett.

Puckett's sellable, but I'm not sure I like this straight up. Do you have anyone you could throw in who could become my backup at 3B or SS - your old Brooks Robinson in your minors maybe?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Kaat and Damon for Robinson then?

Warm Sarsaparilla
Jan 3, 2012

Mooseontheloose posted:

Kaat and Damon for Robinson then?

Agreed.

factorialite
Mar 3, 2008

by Lowtax

gingemidget posted:

Puckett's sellable, but I'm not sure I like this straight up. Do you have anyone you could throw in who could become my backup at 3B or SS - your old Brooks Robinson in your minors maybe?

Done.

Puckett to CF against righties, DiMaggio against lefties.

Justice to RF against righties, Wilson against lefties.

Webb to the rotation.

factorialite
Mar 3, 2008

by Lowtax
Let me reiterate that I am willing to wheel and deal for any Jimmie Foxxes you might have. You know you want to see a team put 4 of these guys in the field!

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

The Ted Sox Receive
1960 Brooks Robinson

The Raburns Receive
2004 Jonny Damon
1966 (I think) Jim Kaat

Trade approved by me and Sarsparilla!

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

factorialite posted:

Let me reiterate that I am willing to wheel and deal for any Jimmie Foxxes you might have. You know you want to see a team put 4 of these guys in the field!

The Superstars offered you our Foxx for Boggs and Knoblauch, and you never got back to us.

factorialite
Mar 3, 2008

by Lowtax

The Goog posted:

The Superstars offered you our Foxx for Boggs and Knoblauch, and you never got back to us.

They did? I didn't see that. What year Foxx, and I'm probably going to need a little something in return. Boggs is pretty fantastic (as is Foxx), and Knoblauch is a premier 2B no matter what the Smasshole says.

If you have them both (both Foxxes), I can throw in Yaz too.

It would be:

Superstars receive:
Chuck Knoblauch
Wade Boggs
Carl Yastrzemski

Juggernauts receive:
Jimmie Foxx
Jimmie Foxx
maybe some reliever

factorialite fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Oct 16, 2012

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
The Ted Sox

Position Players:

C: Ivan Rodriguez 93 Rangers
1B: Rafael Palmerio 93 Rangers
2B: Julio Franco 93 Rangers
SS: Ray Chapman 17 Indians
3B: Brooks Robinson 1960 O’s
CF: Willie Mays 1951 Giants
LF: Jim Rice 1975 Red Sox
RF: Tris Speaker 17 Inidans
DH: Juan Gonzalez 93 Rangers

Bench OF Tommy Holmes 48 Braves
Bench IF: Eddie Stanky 48 Braves
Bench OF: Buddy Lewis 46 Senators
Bench C: Al Evans 46 Senators (personal catcher for Sain)
Bench: Bob Elliot 1948 Braves

SP1: Kevin Brown 93 Rangers
SP2: Stan Coveleski 17 Inidans
SP3: Early Wynn 46 Senators
SP4: Warren Sphan 48 Braves
SP5: Jim Palmer 1966 O’s

Closer: Rob Nenn 93 Rangers
Setup: Tom Henke 93 Rangers
Short: Rick Honneycut 1989 A’s
Short: Red Barrett 48 Braves
Middle: Joaquín Benoit 2011 Tigers
Long: Nolan Ryan 1993

AAA: Jonny Sain 48 Braves
AAA : Stan Spence 46 Senators
AAA: Darren Oliver 1993 Rangers

Line up:

1. RF Tris Speaker L
2. 2B Julio Franco R
3. 1B Palmerio L
4. DH Juan Gonzales R
5. LF Jim Rice R
6. CF Willie Mays R
7. C Ivan Rodrigues R
8. SS Ray Chapman R
9. 3B Brooks Robinson R

Evans Catching:

1. RF Tris Speaker L
2. 2B Julio Franco R
3. 1B Palmerio L
4. DH Juan Gonzales R
5. LF Jim Rice R
6. CF Willie Mays R
7. 3B Brooks Robinson R
8. SS Ray Chapman R
9. C Al Evans R

Super Draft:

1975 Jim Rice
1989 Rick Honeycutt

Sliders:

Hit and Run: 0
Sacrifice Bunt: +1
Squeeze Play: -2
Trying for extra bases: +1
Stealing Bases: +2
Aggressively Tagging Up: 0
Pitch Outs (to prevent stolen bases): +1
Giving Intentional Walks: 0
Pitching Around Good Hitters: 0
Bringing the Infield In: +1
Guarding the Lines: 0
Making Cutoff Throws: +1
Bringing in Pinch Hitters: +1
Bringing in Pinch Runners: +1
Bringing in Defensive Replacements: +3
Starting Pitchers on Short Rest: -4
Letting pitchers pitch throw trouble: +2
Letting Pitchers rack up high pitch counts: +1

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
Okay, the Daydreamers-Juggernauts and Ted Sox-Radbourns trades are approved.

Smasher League Week 12 Injury Report

Still no new champions

Chicago Bobbleheads
Justin Verlander (SP) (Put out of his misery) - 21 days

Comancheros
Yogi Berra (C) (If you lose both teams, do I only have to do one obit?) - Out for Season

Finger Lakes Phoenixes
Bill Dickey (C) (When Plan B is Mike Piazza, a minor injury is a good thing) - 10 days

Juneau Juggernauts
Randy Johnson (SP) (Laugh with me, factorialite! Laugh with me and know that the Super-League will never admit you a single moment of joy!) - Out for Season

Norfolk Splinter Cells
Mike Piazza (C) (Inspired by the film adaptation of Clear and Present Danger, Piazza spent weeks building a plastic gun of his own. Eventually, he succeeded...and then accidentally shot himself in the foot) - 36 days

Rated R Superstars
Jhonny Peralta (IF) (Remedial Spelling Camp) - 10 days

factorialite
Mar 3, 2008

by Lowtax
Randy Johnson is on the market!!!

I clearly wouldn't have made that trade if I knew Johnson was going to be injured, but it only emboldens my crusade for the Foxxes.

factorialite fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Oct 16, 2012

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.
gently caress, really?

Fine. David Ross in as catcher for the duration of Piazza's injury, drop him to 9th in the lineup and move everyone up in the order.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
Comancheros! You desperately need a catcher, i have Roseboro in my minors who fills a role. Let's talk!

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007
Potatoes

Move Pete Alexander into Weaver's spot, and swap out Santana for Mike Moore from my minors.

Also put Joe Morgan in at 2B.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

factorialite posted:

They did? I didn't see that. What year Foxx, and I'm probably going to need a little something in return. Boggs is pretty fantastic (as is Foxx), and Knoblauch is a premier 2B no matter what the Smasshole says.

If you have them both (both Foxxes), I can throw in Yaz too.

It would be:

Superstars receive:
Chuck Knoblauch
Wade Boggs
Carl Yastrzemski

Juggernauts receive:
Jimmie Foxx
Jimmie Foxx
maybe some reliever

At the moment we only have the one Foxx; ours is the 1930 vintage. Would that and, say, 2009 Jason Motte or 2009 Chris Perez be enough to get Boggs and Knoblauch from you?

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007
The following post is paid for by the Idaho Potatoes PR Department.

In cooperation with the University of Idaho, we would like to warn our local Potato-heads of a dangerous animal sighting in the Moscow area. A moose has been spotted on Taylor Avenue. Be cautious and give the animal proper space.

Moose Courtesy
* Never feed moose.
* Give moose at least 50 feet. If it doesn't yield as you approach, give it the right of way. (Either retreat or walk way around.)
* If its ears lay back or its hackles (the hairs on its hump) rise, it's angry or afraid and may charge; back off pronto.
* Moose kick with their front as well as hind feet.
* Don't corner moose into fences or houses.
* If a moose charges, get behind a tree. You can run around the trunk faster than the gangly creature.
* Never get between a cow and her calf.

Thank you, stay safe, and GO TATERS!

----

Idaho Potatoes PR @IdahoPotatoesPR
As an addendum to the above-linked warning, the rumors that we have signed the moose to a minor-league contract are untrue.

factorialite
Mar 3, 2008

by Lowtax

The Goog posted:

At the moment we only have the one Foxx; ours is the 1930 vintage. Would that and, say, 2009 Jason Motte or 2009 Chris Perez be enough to get Boggs and Knoblauch from you?

Here's my conundrum. I probably need a little more if I'm not getting both Foxxes, and I need the confidence that I'm getting both of them. So, I propose we table this until I can talk to Cthulhu and involve his guy. If I have 4, that's 1B/3B/LF/DH. Then, I can try for the last one to live the dream of just 1B/2B/SS/3B/C.

Seriously, who doesn't want to see the QuintaFoxx lineup?

all of my pitchers

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

factorialite posted:

Here's my conundrum. I probably need a little more if I'm not getting both Foxxes, and I need the confidence that I'm getting both of them. So, I propose we table this until I can talk to Cthulhu and involve his guy. If I have 4, that's 1B/3B/LF/DH. Then, I can try for the last one to live the dream of just 1B/2B/SS/3B/C.

Seriously, who doesn't want to see the QuintaFoxx lineup?

all of my pitchers

Yeah, look I'm keen to do something, we probably just need to work out a 3 way deal, which means I need you and Bomber or the_goog in IRC at the same time.

factorialite
Mar 3, 2008

by Lowtax
1B Foxx/Cunningham
2B Knoblauch/Doyle
SS Yount
3B Boggs
LF Yaz
CF Puckett/DiMaggio
RF Justice/Wilson/Salmon
C Smith/some bullshit
DH Foxx

SP Carlton/Flanagan/Glavine/Spahn/Martinez
CL Smoltz
SU Charlton
MR Percival
MR Burdette
LR Webb
LR Greinke

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Grinnblade posted:

The following post is paid for by the Idaho Potatoes PR Department.

In cooperation with the University of Idaho, we would like to warn our local Potato-heads of a dangerous animal sighting in the Moscow area. A moose has been spotted on Taylor Avenue. Be cautious and give the animal proper space.

Moose Courtesy
* Never feed moose.
* Give moose at least 50 feet. If it doesn't yield as you approach, give it the right of way. (Either retreat or walk way around.)
* If its ears lay back or its hackles (the hairs on its hump) rise, it's angry or afraid and may charge; back off pronto.
* Moose kick with their front as well as hind feet.
* Don't corner moose into fences or houses.
* If a moose charges, get behind a tree. You can run around the trunk faster than the gangly creature.
* Never get between a cow and her calf.

Thank you, stay safe, and GO TATERS!

----

Idaho Potatoes PR @IdahoPotatoesPR
As an addendum to the above-linked warning, the rumors that we have signed the moose to a minor-league contract are untrue.

From the offices of The Ted Sox PAC

Changing America is not done overnight. People struggle day in and day out in our great country to be better, to do better, and to ultimate make the world a little better and that is who the Ted Sox are fighting for. We fight for the little guy, the underdog, and dare to dream for those who saw things that never were and said why not.

We will fight the evil Potato men of Idaho and their radical vision for America. We will give people all the potatoes they want or give them other choices if the so desire. We will not be beholden to the potato lobby anymore, we will make sure that the people get fair and equitable treatment.

We will go forth and win to fight for freedom here in America but mostly in the Super League! GO BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!

Paid for by the Ted Sox PAC and authorized by the Ted Sox PAC. We are in now way assicoated with SmasherDynamo and his organization.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

: Right, lets get to it! Dunn Force, Episode Nine: The Code of the Scrapper, Part One! In his evil lair, Richie Sexson is still furious that Adam Dunn has defeated Carl Mays. But then, Mark Reynolds has an idea. He remembers that Adam Dunn only ended up in Chicago because a bunch of other teams couldn't deal with his sabermetric awesomeoness, and if they can get the people of Chicago to turn against Adam Dunn, then they win. Eddie Yost points out that if Dunn didn't get run out of town for the year he hit .155, there's really no way that they're going to get rid of him now. But Richie Sexson now has a plan of his own...what if he could replace Adam Dunn with someone more likable? Back at the youth center, Adam Dunn is teaching kids how to take a called third strike with authority when, suddenly, the television in the corner of the room turns to a press conference on WGN! David Eckstein appears on screen and announces that he's un-retiring from baseball and looking for a roster spot with the White Sox. A reporter then asks what skills he brings to the table, and Eckstein answers that he brings grit, hustle, determination and scrappiness, unlike certain other White Sox players. Dunn, realizing that Eckstein is trying to steal his job knows that he has to stop Eckstein before it's too late! On his way to U.S. Cellular Field, though, he gets waylaid by the Three True Outcomes, who explain that Eckstein's reappearance is just phase one of their plan to force Dunn to leave Chicago forever! To be continued!

Super-League VII, Dynamo League Week 12: Not the Worst Update Ever, But Definitely Up There

Games of the Week

Don May posted:

IMPERIALISTS TAKE INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE FROM POSTMODERNISTS WITH 3-1 WIN

Mandalay- In Super-League V, the then-Expansion Burma Imperialists won the biggest game of their history to that date by taking the Intercontinental Smasher League Championship from the Greenbrier Orchids after a three-game sweep. It was a shining moment in an otherwise disappointing season.

And, of course, it didn't last, as the Imperialists were able to hold onto the title for just three games before losing the title to the Seattle SuperSonics, then in the midst of their own greatest season.

But the Imperialists, then chugging along, waiting for an opportunity to redeem themselves. Today, they got it.

With a 3-1 victory fueled by their own good pitching and the Postmodernists' cripplingly bad offense, the Imperialists are once again the Intercontinental Champions.

At the official transfer of the title following the game, the Postmodernists', dressed in long black robes with hoods, bore the title on a litter, acting as its pallbearers. Viscount Slim, not particularly amused, quickly the took the title, and turned to leave. Unfortunately, he was interrupted as the Postmodernists, unnecessarily theatrical to the last, stripped off their robes to reveal brightly colored spandex suits as a pulsing techno beat started to fill the room. The Postmodernists then began dancing to the beat.

An enraged Viscount Slim took over, "Cease this infernal dancing! You have been defeated! This is no time for some sort of frenetic dance party! Have you any idea how far you all have fallen? You were supposed to be this incredible force that would march on our league and conquer us all! The unstoppable champions of Expansion Cup VI! And where are you now? Last place in our division! Stripped of your title! You are already dead and you don't even realize it! drat you! No, it doesn't matter, your eccentricity stopped being my concern once I took this title from you. The only thing I need to worry about now is the accursed Portland Bulldogs, but once I have-"

The Viscount was then cut off by a familiar voice, "Hold on a minute! The only thing you're worried about is the Bulldogs?" Senerio, owner of the Second City Saints then emerged from a darkened corner of the room, "Right now, you are not showing me the proper amount of respect. I am a former Smasher League Champion. I am a former Mark Bellhorn Division Champion, and, more importantly, I am a former Intercontinental Champion from before the Imperialists were even a gleam in your eye. And you don't think you need to worry about me and my team? That is not showing me respect. And because you have been so disrespectful, I am going to have to take your new Intercontinental Title right now!"

Viscount, even more exasperated, had little patience left, "Listen, you impudent child, I have waited for two long seasons to reclaim this title and I am loathe to lose it so suddenly, but I have had my fill or you and your Saints. You want to take my Imperialists on for the Intercontinental Title? So be it! I will enjoy teaching you my brand of respect."

Box Score

Don May posted:

SAINTS SHOCK IMPERIALISTS, TAKE INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE WITH 9-1 WIN

Chicago- The Imperialists are more Lady Jane Grey than Edward III when it comes to reign length.

The Imperialists, having just won the Intercontinental Title from the Postmodernists three games earlier, lost the title today as the Saints completed a three-game sweep in Chicago with a dominating 9-1 win.

To be fair, the pitching matchup of the Saints' Dizzy Dean against the Imperialists' Andy Messersmith did not exactly presage a good outcome for the Burma club, and the results bore that out as Dean dominated the Imperialists' hitters while Messersmith could not do the same against the Saints.

Senerio wasted little time in belittling his fallen foe, "Now do you see what happens when someone doesn't give me the respect that I deserve? I take everything from them and they can't do anything to stop me! I am the best in the world!"

Viscount Slim, who once again lost the Intercontinental Title less than a week after gaining it, was in a state of shock after the game, "All that work...all that exertion...wiped away in an instant. Where is the justice? That cosmic fairness that makes sense of this uncaring universe? Bah! I will endure, as always, and I will win the Intercontinental Title back if it takes me another two seasons! And as for the Saints, my Imperialists will live to see them relegated! That much I swear!"

Box Score

Don May posted:

LOSERS WIN BATTLE OF THE DIVISION LEADERS 4-3

Rockford- The Bulldogs lead their division by five games, the Losers lead their own division by seven and a half. At the moment, neither is in a great amount of danger of losing those leads. And so today's matchup was more about bragging rights and feeling each other out in preparation for a playoff series than it was strictly about getting wins.

Even still, it must have been disappointing for the Bulldogs to drop this game, which they lost thanks to a pinch-home run by Ventura in the eighth and a Martinez RBI double in the ninth. They could have taken this game, and thus won the three-game series in Rockford but, instead, they'll go home with just one win in three tries.

TKBomber was highly critical of both the Losers and Rockford in general, "I've seen a lot of miserable poo poo in my day, but Rockford is probably the worst. Thank God I get to leave this shithole. But you know what, this is the perfect place for a team like the Losers to play. It's desolate, miserable, and it feels like it would be better off just being burned to the ground completely. Yeah, the Losers won this game, but so what? They aren't going anywhere. Maybe, just maybe, the Losers will hold off the Oranges. Maybe, just maybe, they might beat us in the first round of the playoffs, though I kind of doubt that given their less-than-inspiring pitching, even if they get by us, what chance do they have against the Finger-Bangers? The Losers are never going to be champions! They're just another in a long line pathetic hangers-on that aren't quite bad enough to get relegated, but not good enough to do anything but simply survive. Maybe that's okay for him, being from Rockford and all, which is the City of Disappointment, after all, but I want more out of my team. So, Losers, enjoy this win, I'm sure it'll lead to another glorious second-round exit in the playoffs!"

In response, Lord Mayor Humungus, who rules much of North-Central Illinois with an iron fist, threatened to "bring fear to your city and all that you hold dear! The blood of the innocent will paint the streets of Portland, TKBomber! You should pray, little man, that I someday forgive you this slight. Men who start Chet Lemon in center field should show more humility, TKBomber. I know you will learn that someday, and that day will come sooner than you think."

Box Score

The Numbers That Cut!

Analysis

Valverde just sucks in every context, doesn't he?

Analysis

I guess it's time to see what Joe Wood can do for you. Let's hope it's a lot because the Daydreamers could really use the help, especially since you didn't really have a replacement center fielder for Puckett.

Analysis

Agony and ecstasy! On a serious note, though, most of your bullpen is either below-average or terrible.

Analysis

One regret I have for the new playoff season is that without wildcards, the Unicorns are probably going to miss the playoffs. I feel bad about that.

Analysis

You aren't having a good month, but the Generics aren't exactly the most threatening team in the world, and most of the trouble seems to be due to injuries to your starting pitchers, which is the thinnest part of your team in terms of depth.

Analysis

Half of your problems are due to injuries. The other half are due to Joba.

Analysis

The Bangers have become the Super-League equivalent of the Lakers. They coast through the regular season by virtue of superior talent and then turn it on (with mixed results) in the playoffs. I guess that makes Marauder the Super-League's Phil Jackson.

Oh, and Frank Thomas is only eight days away from coming back.

Analysis

This will be the end of the Mel Harder experiment, I suppose.

Analysis

Catastrophe!

Analysis

Tragedy!

Analysis

Your team is better than the sum of its parts.

Analysis

Rick Monday was most famous for saving an American flag from being burned on field by protesters sometime in the mid-70s. Other than that, though, he was just a slightly above-average outfielder.

Analysis

Can the Generics catch the Dervishes? They are only three games back, so I guess it could happen. Seems crazy, though. Then again, the Generics have surprised me before.

Analysis

Bad month, but everyone in your division is basically dead in the water, so it's only vexing rather than disturbing.

Analysis

Respect!

Analysis

Finally putting together a good month just in time to play the Imperialists. I bet Viscount Slim is just thrilled he turned the Bearers around now.

Standings and Leaders

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

gently caress it, Coveleski to extra long relief & a four-man rotation of the other four starters. Anybody hurt long-term is trade bait in the Expansion Cup.

:rolldice: Let it ride.

Also, new lineup:
2B Lajoie
LF Bonds
CF Griffey
3B Pujols
C Mauer
1B Staub
RF Wright
SS Trammell

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
:siren: Ratings Challenge! :siren:

Rogers Hornsby is one of the best hitters ever. From age 20-35, he had a batting average below .300 just once, and 3 of those years hit over .400. It's not an era effect, as his OPS+ was above 150 all but 3 of those years. His current average is below that of my Lance Parrish, the Daydreamers' Smoky Burgess, the Imperialists' Darrell Porter, and the Unicorns' Brian McCann (the catchers of the first four teams in the update).

In sum, Rajah deserves better

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Hey factorialite! Cthulhu Dreams and I have put our heads together, and here's a proposal:

Juneau Juggernauts get: 1930 Jimmie Foxx, 2009 Adam Wainwright (from Superstars); 1935 Jimmie Foxx, 2004 Nomar Garciaparra, 2003 Byung-Hyung Kim (from Cultists)

Ryleh Cultists get: 2009 Albert Pujols (from Superstars), 19?? Robin Yount (from Juggernauts)

Rated R Superstars get: 1911 Larry Gardner (from Cultists); 1985 Wade Boggs, 1997 Chuck Knoblauch, 1965 Steve Carlton (from Juggernauts)

The Goog fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Oct 17, 2012

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!

Platoon Baker and Robinson at 3B. Oliver takes over at CF full-time. Burgess comes back in at C, with Sundberg keeping his personal catcher assignment (Glavine, I think?).

Now, the pitching. Wood's rating seems absurdly low, but I'm not going to challenge it until I see what he can do. Put him at SP5 for now, with Vance to long relief and Shawkey down.

factorialite
Mar 3, 2008

by Lowtax

The Goog posted:

Hey factorialite! Cthulhu Dreams and I have put our heads together, and here's a proposal:

Juneau Juggernauts get: 1930 Jimmie Foxx, 2009 Adam Wainwright (from Superstars); 1935 Jimmie Foxx, 2004 Nomar Garciaparra, 2003 Byung-Hyung Kim (from Cultists)

Ryleh Cultists get: 2009 Albert Pujols (from Superstars), 19?? Robin Yount (from Juggernauts)

Rated R Superstars get: 1911 Larry Gardner (from Cultists); 19?? Wade Boggs, 19?? Chuck Knoblauch, 1965 Steve Carlton (from Juggernauts)

Accepted.

4 Jimmie Foxxes.

C Spud Davis
1B Jimmie Foxx
2B Larry Doyle
SS Nomar Garciaparra
3B Jimmie Foxx
LF Carl Yastrzemski
CF Kirby Puckett/Joe DiMaggio
RF Jimmie Foxx/Hack Wilson
DH Jimmie Foxx

Obviously, Yaz/Wilson/Johnson are all on the market. Kim to close, Wainwright in Carlton's space. I'm looking for Nellie Fox, Jimmie Foxx, and strikeout pitchers.

Beet
Aug 24, 2003

Since apparently I missed the injuries to two of my starting pitchers (I don't believe it was in the injury report), put Roy Oswalt in Burleigh Grimes spot and Jeff Pfeffer in Wes Ferrell's.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Rochester Generics
Dear catchers,

Two of you are well-deserved Hall of Famers. So stop sucking, please.

Thank you,
Rochester.

PS: Make the batting order as follows:
Nomar Garciaparra
Tony Gwynn
Goose Goslin
Jeff Kent
Robinson Cano
Sam Rice
Steve Finley
Yogi Berra
[Pitcher Slot]

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012
Using intelligence guided by experience since 1934.

quote:

Analysis

This will be the end of the Mel Harder experiment, I suppose.

I'm afraid so. Bring Reuschel in from swingman to replace him, call up Tanana to replace Reuschel.

Rest Larkin with Alvin Dark, as well. Thanks.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Ah, Orel, too bright to last! Stick Feller back into the rotation, DL Hershiser.

Viscount Slim
Mar 9, 2012
Oh, yes, so glad the Bearers are finding their feet just as I lose All-Star Eddie Collins. Blargh.

Yobin Rount, truly, it is density. Collins and Porter to the DL, call up Sandy Alomar Jr to be Leonard's personal catcher, call up Yount for SS, Polanco to 2B.

Re: my bullpen, maybe, but it's surprisingly hard to find the tempo to replace them. Timlin's been money before now, and Boomer just needs to not gently caress up in low leverage.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

: A'ight, chicos, listen up and listen good. This trade? It was made in the other thread but I may as well post it here too.

the Vice City Goose Eggs send 2008 1B/DH Todd Helton to the Mighty Oneida Spooners for their unused CF 1979 Amos Otis

Once the trade is confirmed, put Otis on the bench for now, as we lack a speedy kinda guy off the bench. I don't want to have him start but it looks like if Indian Bob continues to struggle, he's gonna get scalped. Ha ha.

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007
Crossposting for housekeeping purposes:

Luna Landers trade:
1930 Joe Cronin
1980 Joe Morgan
1998 Scott Rolen

Oneida trades:
1979 George Brett
1996 Larry Walker
1979 Dennis Leonard
1996 Curt Leskanic
1979 Larry Gura

Brett in at third base, hitting in Rolen's spot. Stash everyone else in the minors while I work out what to do with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem
Eventually this entire page will just be trades made by me.