Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

i guess it seems okay? that's a loving terrible name tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
overfunded by 7x

a phone case you cant take onto an airplane

http://www.tuaw.com/2012/10/18/readycase-indiegogo-project-ready-for-takeoff-just-not-on-ai/

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Ian McLean posted:

Can this forum be hidden somehwere. All these pictures and this thing are showing up everywhere on google when I search for statpedia. I am going to cry.

if your site actually had content, and if statpedia was interesting and worthy of sensible discussion, all the upsetting search results would simply go away.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Ian McLean posted:

Can this forum be hidden somehwere. All these pictures and this thing are showing up everywhere on google when I search for statpedia. I am going to cry.

nothing from SA shows up for me when I do a google search, but the gis search is lol

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

what the hell is the point of the 16gb usb drive? iphones don't even have usb otg so it's not like it's for extra storage

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
ian maybe u should team up with the craetur people to make something to see like which video i watch most and how long i watch maye something like that will fit my needs

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Sagebrush posted:

what the hell is the point of the 16gb usb drive? iphones don't even have usb otg so it's not like it's for extra storage

yeah whats that is that like some kind of dropbox/sugarsync/skydrive that you have to carry around? why would anyone want that idgi.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
its for cjs who think they need to lug all they antivirus toolkit stuff anime with them at all times

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Shinx posted:

its for cjs who think they need to lug all they antivirus toolkit stuff anime with them at all times

if i don't have at least one episode of naruto on me at all times i'm just completely unproductive

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

kickstatter

Ericadia
Oct 31, 2007

Not A Unicorn

Shinx posted:

ian maybe u should team up with the craetur people to make something to see like which video i watch most and how long i watch maye something like that will fit my needs

1. Gangnam Style
2. Gangnam Style Hitler Ver. 1
3. Gangnam Han Solo Style

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Development on a video game funded by the crowdsourced funding site Kickstarter has stopped as all its programmers have quit.

quote:

Unfortunately Mob Rules has no-one available to do this work. In addition, Haunts has been written in the Go programming language which is not widely used and will limit its chances of hiring new hands to complete the work.
lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Mr Dakan did add that zero developers, an obscure programming language and dwindling cash did not mean the game was entirely dead.

sociopaths :allears:

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2066438441/haunts-the-manse-macabre/posts/331425

hopefully the single 7k donor was him/his parents because otherwise

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

graph posted:

Mr Dakan did add that zero developers, an obscure programming language and dwindling cash did not mean the game was entirely dead.

sounds like they're ready for a second round of kickstarter funding :smugdog:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

i'm almost positive they were getting all high on the free money fumes and started listening to johnny five bucks and scope creeped the hell out of it

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

holy poo poo i just realized how amazing the kickstarter business model is, it's just a storefront with comments and other social features, they don't guarantee anything and they still take five loving percent. all they have to do is keep everything running smoothly and the only things they have to scale are hosting and quality mods

jesus

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Blackula69 posted:

the job stats are actually not that bad - the decimation of the public sector is actually a big part of a lot of the job losses over the past 2 years

but nah nobody cares, in yospos or in the media

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
part of me wants to think that hundreds of millions of superpac dollars swirling around managed to give a bunch of people jobs for the september report bump

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
most of it probably went to advertising costs, so no. also i wonder if those costs were driven up by increased demand + money.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
yea nobody has to "produce" ads, they spring fully formed from the head of Odin

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
right. most ads are cheap to make esp political ones and alot of the content is reusable. the real costs are in buying space/time in whatever mediums you want.

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

JawnV6 posted:

part of me wants to think that hundreds of millions of superpac dollars swirling around managed to give a bunch of people jobs for the september report bump

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-october-11-2012/our-new-election-economy

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
patron saint of advertising: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernardino_of_Siena

quote:

His fanatical preaching was frequently directed against witches, homosexuals, and Jews.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Shaggar posted:

right. most ads are cheap to make esp political ones and alot of the content is reusable. the real costs are in buying space/time in whatever mediums you want.

yea and the news ppl get paid and then burn the money or something, idk

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
idk why they'd burn it? i mean maybe rupert murdoch does, but the others probably use it to pay for their costs and then keep or reinvest the profits. like w/ any other company.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
ad campaigns are capital intensive, not employment intensive

Spending is positive, yeah, but it's incredibly inefficient and concentrated in weird areas

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
hey jonny do you want to make a kickstarter w/me of that thing i pm'd you about?

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
we could totally make it in to this thread

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
Seriously though send me the writing and I can make it better

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

JosephStalinVEVO posted:

hey jonny do you want to make a kickstarter w/me of that thing i pm'd you about?

need a working prototype 1st

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
we could easily fake it with off the shelf parts and a slick video

Ericadia
Oct 31, 2007

Not A Unicorn
Why u gotta tease???

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
i'd pledge like at least $20

i mean

if you had a good pledge tier, you know

make me want it

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
2 words

instagram...for cats.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

JosephStalinVEVO posted:

2 words

instagram...for cats.

:eyepop: have you put this on angel list???????

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

JosephStalinVEVO posted:

2 words

instagram...for cats.
there's already a site for that but instead of a sepia filter and lovely frame it's just misspelled "jokes" :(

pseudopresence
Mar 3, 2005

I want to get online...
I need a computer!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/991262180/heaven :yayclod:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

JosephStalinVEVO posted:

2 words