Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Funkutron5000 posted:

I just adopted a pooch from a local animal rescue agency and she is an absolute doll. They think that she's about a year old and at least partially a flat coat. I agree on the flat coat part but I'm not sure about the age.

Here's her sitting like a good dog waiting to go out

Her huge paws are a reason I'm thinking she may be a little younger than they thought. She's already almost 60 lbs so she's gonna end up pretty big, I think.

FCRs are really rare and not popular among BYBs for the most part so I'd really doubt she is a FCR mix. I'd guess black lab/golden. I've seen some truly monstrous labs from shady breeders pushing 100 lbs even when not horribly obese so it wouldn't surprise me if she turned out to be a big girl.

She looks like a really sweet dog :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

Hostile negotiations since 1978
Yeah, I'm also saying Black Lab/Golden.

Adorable as all hell BTW

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Or a lab/collie, I've seen a lot of those that look very similar to her!

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
So this is Raziela.

A six month old "Heeler/Mix" according to the shelters site. Can any of you guess what the other half is? Because I sure as hell can't. I'm about 98% sure I'm adopting her. Just gotta do the meet'n'greet.

Scary Ned
Mar 16, 2007

very scary
Oh. My. God. Please mail me that dog right away.

My first guess would be all heeler, withat that face and coat, but the blue eyes make me think maybe there's some Australian shepherd in there too. Do you have more pictures of her? Profile shot? Body shot? (Please post more pictures of this dog.)

Also, please check out this thread before deciding to adopt her, around the second page it becomes the Heeler Stockholm Syndrome thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3510266

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

Scary Ned posted:

Oh. My. God. Please mail me that dog right away.

My first guess would be all heeler, withat that face and coat, but the blue eyes make me think maybe there's some Australian shepherd in there too. Do you have more pictures of her? Profile shot? Body shot? (Please post more pictures of this dog.)

Also, please check out this thread before deciding to adopt her, around the second page it becomes the Heeler Stockholm Syndrome thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3510266

How are they compared to Boxers?

e: No kids, field with fat lazy miniponies to terrorize.

Schizotek fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Oct 16, 2012

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Schizotek posted:

So this is Raziela.

A six month old "Heeler/Mix" according to the shelters site. Can any of you guess what the other half is? Because I sure as hell can't. I'm about 98% sure I'm adopting her. Just gotta do the meet'n'greet.

Could be heeler/pit, but a lot of heelers have broad heads so more pictures are definitely needed.

I hope you like your dogs batshit crazy!

Ginny Field
Dec 18, 2007

What if there is some boy-beast running around Camp Crystal Lake?

Schizotek posted:

So this is Raziela.

I know absolutely nothing about this dog, but I love her already.

I don't see much beyond heeler in her, except of course for the eyes. A full body shot would really help!

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
Floppy ears and blue eyes don't really show up in heelers, though, but she's definitely ticked like a heeler. So I say heeler mix, but yeah, we need a body shot to make better guesses.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Depending on your location, especially if you are in the US Southeast she might be part Catahoula- they can have blue eyes and such. But from that shot she kinda looks cattle-doggy.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

Body shot of Razmatazz. She acts about as coked out as she looks. Shes a rescue from a litter of 5.
Here's a body shot of her brother.

demozthenes
Feb 14, 2007

Wicked pissa little critta
Could be a poorly-bred cattledog, blue eyes and heterochromia have been known to crop up occasionally, although it's usually in white or mostly-white dogs. Judging from the one picture, though, she looks like a cattledog/Aussie cross or cattledog/border collie to me.

Schizotek posted:

How are they compared to Boxers?

Totally incomparable in terms of intensity. They are fantastic running buddies, though.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

demozthenes posted:

Could be a poorly-bred cattledog, blue eyes and heterochromia have been known to crop up occasionally, although it's usually in white or mostly-white dogs. Judging from the one picture, though, she looks like a cattledog/Aussie cross or cattledog/border collie to me.

Totally incomparable in terms of intensity. They are fantastic running buddies, though.

Incomparable in terms of intensity in which direction?

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
Does this look cattle dog-like to anyone?

Any other thoughts?

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

^^Not really and I tend to see ACD everywhere. Too lanky, goofy sweet face, not actively biting anything. ^^^

Schizotek posted:

Incomparable in terms of intensity in which direction?

Boxers tend to be jolly, bouncy active. They like to jog and play with people but it's all in good fun. ACDs are serious and intense about their activity. They will do it all and do it best and you better stay out of the way. They still have their own sort of humor but they need a job and will make one up if they have to. You will need to put serious amounts of training and exercise into this puppy to have it not make your life hell. You'll be rewarded with an amazingly intelligent, loyal, courageous dog but they are really nothing like a boxer.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Instant Jellyfish posted:

^^Not really and I tend to see ACD everywhere. Too lanky, goofy sweet face, not actively biting anything. ^^^

Misleading photo selection; he is mouthy as gently caress. With everything. Any time he is not sleeping.I agree he totally doesn't have the face or build but there is ticking on his chest and feet and I am dubious on any hound influence. Just trying to pick apart what he might be- the fun and the curse of mutts!

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

TVs Ian posted:

Misleading photo selection; he is mouthy as gently caress. With everything. Any time he is not sleeping.I agree he totally doesn't have the face or build but there is ticking on his chest and feet and I am dubious on any hound influence. Just trying to pick apart what he might be- the fun and the curse of mutts!

If he's got any Heeler in him, I don't see it. Maybe some Kelpie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Kelpie) but more likely GSD and something primitive maybe?

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS

TVs Ian posted:

A lot of other herding breeds carry ticking too. I'd vote dobie/shepherd of some kind or perhaps sighthound/shepherd.

Ferretinachariot
May 12, 2012

This is Chief, we assume he's a Border Collie, Australian Shepherd mix. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Spotty. Fluffy. omg. :3:

Gonna say some cattledog.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Teddy the Goldendoodle. :3:

Cali the Cocker Spaniel/??? thing.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
This is Micky.

He's our 14 week old dutch shepherd / lab mix we rescued two weeks ago. He's awesome.

Scary Ned
Mar 16, 2007

very scary

I'm gonna go against the popular vote and say I see cattledog ears on that landshark. Also his ears and face remind me of Brisbane a lot. Maybe the breed they have in common is whatever not-ACD thing knocked up Brisbane's mum?

Ferretinachariot posted:

This is Chief, we assume he's a Border Collie, Australian Shepherd mix. Does anyone else have any ideas?

The ticking says cattledog and something fluffy. Definitely cattledog. Everything is a cattledog.

poxin
Nov 16, 2003

Why yes... I am full of stars!
Rescued her a week ago. Someone left her in an apartment when they moved out and was obviously abused. If you move too fast or raise your hand above her head to pet her she freaks out and cowers. Poor dog is about 1.5yrs old according to the vet and didn't even know how to sit or come when we got her. We just got her spayed and now discovered she has heartworms. Luckily they are still in an early stage so it's easier to deal with. We're already treating the infestation of fleas she has. She's the nicest dog ever too, great with kids, other animals, cats, new people.

Anyone have an idea what she might be? Looks like part pit to me with something else. Brindletastic!

poxin fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Oct 18, 2012

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

Pure adorable is what she is! What does her tail look like? Those kind of look like husky ears.

Also came in here to post a picture of the cutest dog I have ever seen in my life. Apparently a golden retriever pit mix

The Big Whoop
Oct 12, 2012

Learning Disabilities: Cat Edition
My old dog, Koko:

Sometimes he could get his ears to half drop

Dang it Koko, get off the couch!

He was a grumpy old man. (He's about 11 here)

Happy boy.

Koko passed on a few years ago at the ripe old age of 13. My parents adopted him from the local Humane Society when he was a year or so old. He had cushing's disease which made him super chubby. Our best guess was Aussie and Sheltie mix. Godspeed, old man.

joyfulgirl129
Aug 22, 2006

Mix dogs are the best dogs. That pit/golden retriever looks like a black and white cookie!

Here's my first dog, not counting the lab my parents had when I was a baby.

Meet Benji:

My fiance and I adopted him from his mother, who has this fucktarded habit of collecting baby pets and then giving them away when they get older. We suspect he's some sort of schnauzer mix, so we got him the schnauzer cut to be all fancy n' poo poo. Most likely he's a schnauzer/Yorkie mix that my future MIL bought off of a BYB, but it's not his fault.

Here he is at 6 months after his first haircut of his life, and the night before his first and last neutering:

Here he is being king of the dog park:

And being superfly:

A Sleepy Budgie
Jan 6, 2010

A friend in need
is a friend indeed
:unsmith:
Oh man :3: :3: I usually don't find schnauzers or any mix of them cute because for some reason they end up looking goofy as gently caress. Little Benji is very handsome!

I've been meaning to post pictures of my mom's dog, Bug. She is 8 now and is still pretty crazy, mostly because my mom doesn't exercise her as much as she should. We got her at 4 months and I will NEVER raise a puppy again...or at least for a long time. The shelter said lab mix but it's obvious to me there's pit in there but my mom won't admit it because "oh no pit bulls". We pretty much think pit/border collie/lab. She is about 55 lbs and very, very bossy and sassy. Don't know if that helps.

Could it be something else maybe?

FalseParadigm
Apr 30, 2005

Chew, chew, chew. That is the thing to do.
My newest family addition:

When people ask her breed, I say she is part cow, gremlin, bat, and rabbit. She actually may or may not be a dog, but she is all love.

EDIT:
I notice our girls have some similar traits. The face makes me think a bully breed, but I have no idea where the awesome ears come from. Does she have an under-bite?

FalseParadigm fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Oct 19, 2012

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Ahahaha :keke: She looks like she's mostly APBT with upright ears and not much else to be honest.

sporktastic
Jan 30, 2005
100%originalsin

Royal Jeans posted:

This is Laika, we adopted her about a year ago. She's definitely a Shepherd mix and given her coat and love for fetch/frisbee we're assuming Lab as well. She was easy to train and is the biggest snuggle pup I've ever known.

Oh my god, your dog is too cute! I love her ears!

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

They're very good and intelligent, these tapa-boys...

FalseParadigm posted:

My newest family addition:

APBT/Sphynx, the cheekbones are unmistakeable.

(That dog looks awesome. :3:)

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Meet Oso!

He's an 11 year old mutt (chow? + ????) that my wife got as a puppy when she was 15.
They're both from LA, and he used to be clipped short for the heat I guess. We finally got him up here to Alaska so no more haircuts

I'm jealous of his winter coat, it looks warm.

That's my new pup Laika on the left, Siberian husky rescue from the local shelter. She's about 11 weeks in that picture, 13 weeks old now. I'll post more about her in the primative thread.

Someone doesn't realize who gets the next bath.

http://i.imgur.com/SLrXz.jpg?1

Rhadamanthus
Dec 12, 2004

I roll a lotta sushi, roll 'em fat like John Belushi; call me Desi Arnaz, dogg, I love the Lucy.
This is Solomon.

He is the Best Dog.

He's one year old and around 80 pounds from my estimation. He's half rough collie and half standard poodle.

He has a really relaxed temperament but takes to training really easily, making him the star of his puppy class a few months back.

Solomon enjoys hugs and playing with cats. He's mostly black but has a lot of silver bits, and his butt is black-orange-brown. He's a pretty unique guy and I love him buckets.

Rhadamanthus fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Oct 24, 2012

Scary Ned
Mar 16, 2007

very scary

TheDon01 posted:

Meet Oso!

I love his perpetual grin and the one flopped ear. He totally looks like a half a chow mixed with something pretty and sable. I want to hug him.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
My friend's new pup. He's half Petit Griffon Basset Vendeen and half whatever the hell got at Momma. Any ideas?

This is the best pic I could get, he was super hyper and my phone has a 2 second delay.

Most of the 20 other pics look like this:

He's five months old and pretty awesome. Gets a long well with everyone and is around 85% housetrained. He rarely chews anything other than his toys and is quiet. His one vice is tearing through the house at 100mph and growling the whole time. I'm jealous. I want him.

EDIT: Unbreaking Tables WTF!I don't know why I suddenly don't know how to use imgur, but I couldn't get it to work no matter how many times I saved the cropped images. I ended up just copying the url of the image as I saw it on imgur. Hope that isn't leaching.

The Dregs fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Oct 25, 2012

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Scary Ned posted:

I love his perpetual grin and the one flopped ear. He totally looks like a half a chow mixed with something pretty and sable. I want to hug him.

Yeah, he's amazing.

Scary Ned
Mar 16, 2007

very scary

The Dregs posted:

My friend's new pup. He's half Petit Griffon Basset Vendeen and half whatever the hell got at Momma. Any ideas?

How on earth does that happen? There aren't a lot of PBGV's running around...

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Honestly, I don't know. That is what the guy at the rescue told her. He may have been full of poo poo for all I know. He certainly didn't provide pics, but he said Mom was a Vendeen breeder who had an unplanned pregnancy.

He looks like a Cairn or a tiny little Airedale to me.

Edit: She says he was one of those guys why sets up outside of Petsmart, but she found him on Petfinder. there is a bunch of pics of his siblings on the rescue's FB, but I really don't want to link to that.

The Dregs fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Oct 25, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
I'm fostering a dog on behalf of a coworker, and I have no idea WTF it is. His shelter paperwork said collie/great pyrenees mix, but I'm not so sure. Part collie definitely but I don't think I agree with the great pyrenees part.

Size comparison: Max (the ACD) is 40 pounds for reference.

(the crate in the background is the one he came with. There's no way he can fit in that thing.)

Thoughts?