Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Jorenko posted:

Maybe I've forgotten the exact particulars, but I was thinking that the house destruction could still be in B2's future. And the only thing that would need to happen vis-a-vis dead family would be that he and Jane manage to avoid meeting back up until after the events of fedorafreak's chatlog; it's not unreasonable for him to assume she's dead after the (theoretical, future) houseboom.

There are no imps in the Land of Crypts and Helium, leading to a tremendous shortage of grist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jorenko
Jun 6, 2004

I think you're just mad 'cause you're single.

Bongo Bill posted:

There are no imps in the Land of Crypts and Helium, leading to a tremendous shortage of grist.

Fair enough; theory sufficiently punctured.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Hussie said on his twitter this morning (or last night? whatever) said that he's been busy working on Openbound, to explain the slow updates. I'm wondering if this means it's coming soon. I know they said that beta testers would get to test part 3 as well, but I believe someone also said that they didn't really need testers for part 3. So it could go either way.

WAR FOOT posted:

Yeah, I don't see why we'd need to test taking two steps and then getting vaporized by Lord English.

The entire work has been towards working on the animation for this moment. It will exceed that of Caliborn: Enter, and even Cascade. Hyperealistic blast processing skeletons dream bubble vaporization.

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Oct 18, 2012

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Yeah, I don't see why we'd need to test taking two steps and then getting vaporized by Lord English.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
According to gankro there is not much in it right now except for the new characters and how they act, etc.

And also a 1000x1000 animated gif of hussie eating, for some reason.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

tinaun posted:

According to gankro there is not much in it right now except for the new characters and how they act, etc.

And also a 1000x1000 animated gif of hussie eating, for some reason.

Sounds like Seahorse Dad took Hussie out to Olive Garden.

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds
Really, the only possible choice is to get the GameGrrl shirt in 4XL. You know it to be true.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
Went to see the Dalai Lama today and saw a guy in a godhood. Either Space or Void. It was disconcerting, like a sudden bucket of cold water.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

That is...genuinely distressing for reasons I can't quite put my finger on.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
It was like, college sweaters, college sweaters, suits, blouses, college sweaters homestuck?? :wtc: college sweaters.

ShardPhoenix
Jun 15, 2001

Pickle: Inspected.
You mean like a cosplay hood, or just a regular Homestuck hoodie? If the former, yeah that's odd, if the latter, seems fine.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Elysiume posted:

Oh I guess I need to actually choose whether I want a Prospit or Derse shirt. Are there pictures of the actual shirts anywhere?
Hrrmm, should I choose Goes-with-abso-loving-lutely-nothing-purple or I'M-SO-BRIGHT-AND-SO-GODDAMN-FABULOUS-orange?

Choices.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Roger Explosion posted:

Hrrmm, should I choose Goes-with-abso-loving-lutely-nothing-purple or I'M-SO-BRIGHT-AND-SO-GODDAMN-FABULOUS-orange?

Choices.
Yeah, that's basically the dilemma I'm in. Maybe I'll just go with purple and hope it's nice and dark.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Roger Explosion posted:

Choices.

If you don't order it in XXXL and exclusively sleep it in then I don't even know...

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Radio Paranoia posted:

If you don't order it in XXXL and exclusively sleep it in then I don't even know...
I do not wear nighting gowns to bed. Get me some Prospit underwear and we'll talk. :colbert:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

tinaun posted:

According to gankro

For a split second, I thought you were talking about one of them itchy trolls.

I blame kankri.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Bongo Bill posted:

We've seen that nothing in an alpha timeline can ever be undone, and that sessions and universes exist in separate (albeit related) timelines.

It's certainly consistent in regards to what we've seen of universes so far: that their timelines are utterly independent of each other. To support you some more, the B1 universe has to still exist in some fashion because Jake managed to send Liv Tyler to it.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

Went to see the Dalai Lama today and saw a guy in a godhood. Either Space or Void. It was disconcerting, like a sudden bucket of cold water.

"gently caress it."

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Tumblr. :allears:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Speaking of assholes, you know who I just remembered [is a character that exists] that we haven't seen in forever? This smug gently caress.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Renaissance Robot posted:

Speaking of assholes, you know who I just remembered [is a character that exists] that we haven't seen in forever? This smug gently caress.
Gcat only has 2 things we still need to learn. One is his creation, so we know what time loop he has to fulfill, and two is his ending, probably at the same time as the condesce.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Prototype GCat and AR. Smug overload.

There's also something else now ready to be dumped into Jake's sprite besides AR and whatever troll carcass Gamzee brings along: she's small, has two wings and a glowing posterior.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Even better. That was Radiation. :v:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

King of Solomon posted:

Even better. That was Radiation. :v:

Welp, I'm out. I can no longer tell the satire from the sincerity. The Fandom is basically one big Onion Article to me. :suicide:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

WAR FOOT posted:

Welp, I'm out. I can no longer tell the satire from the sincerity. The Fandom is basically one big Onion Article to me. :suicide:

quote:

TT: The upper echelons of irony should always include measures of sincerity. And if the satirical practice is executed faithfully it will achieve something bona fide in its own right regardless.
TT: Through an intense commitment bordering on religious devotion to the absolutely inane, absurd, or plain loving stupid, a very different kind of sincerity begins to materialize. One of reverence to the ridiculous. You begin to "mean it," but what exactly it is you mean is never quite what appears on the surface, and is utterly inaccessible to obtuse and literal minds. That you "mean it" then becomes inseparable from the joke, and additional rich strata of humor may be stripped aggressively from this irreconcilable truth.

The fandom is slowly becoming Dirk.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

WAR FOOT posted:

What's wrong with a funny edit? Sure it's a bit juvenile but come on, no big deal.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

graybook posted:

"gently caress it."

Nice to see my alma mater represented on SA. Ever True, motherfuckers. :cryingbearflag:

Yeah though I saw a guy in a Breath hoodie at work like last week and was kind of taken aback by it, and I'm not even sure why since he was just at a normal day of work rather than going to hear the Dalai Lama speak or anything approaching that level of seriousness. I think it's just that Internet and Real Life are supposed to be separate. :saddowns:

Seeing full-on troll cosplays in the park for no reason or at county fairs is a little different, though. HEY, INTERNET. COUNTY FAIRS ARE NOT CONVENTIONS.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

loquacius posted:

Nice to see my alma mater represented on SA. Ever True, motherfuckers. :cryingbearflag:

Yeah though I saw a guy in a Breath hoodie at work like last week and was kind of taken aback by it, and I'm not even sure why since he was just at a normal day of work rather than goinoro hear the Dalai Lama speak or anything approaching that level of seriousness. I think it's just that Internet and Real Life are supposed to be separate. :saddowns:

Seeing full-on troll cosplays in the park for no reason or at county fairs is a little different, though. HEY, INTERNET. COUNTY FAIRS ARE NOT CONVENTIONS.

My roommate started reading Homestuck last semester. I remember when he got to Cascade. Thus far, though, I only actually know of like maybe... one or two other folks who read Homestuck outside of my program house.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
For anyone who cares, Xamag posted the full interview she did with Polygon on her Tumblr.

http://xamag-homestuck.tumblr.com/post/33832708396

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
Didn't make Meenah's eyes white? Rookie mistake, Daria.

Regardless, Xamag is probably my favorite HS artist. She's so good. :swoon:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Lord of Laughton posted:

Didn't make Meenah's eyes white? Rookie mistake, Daria.

Regardless, Xamag is probably my favorite HS artist. She's so good. :swoon:
I imagine Xamag as living in some little village out of Doctor Zhivago. Hussie wants three new talksprites? k chortu she works her fingers to bone and this man only wants more.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Seoinin posted:

I imagine Xamag as living in some little village out of Doctor Zhivago. Hussie wants three new talksprites? k chortu she works her fingers to bone and this man only wants more.

Cleretic posted:

I don't know anything about Xamag or Russia, so when she was described as a '16-year-old illustrator living in Russia's Ural mountains' I just pictured a girl sitting cross-legged at the altar of a wide-plan temple surrounded by countless pieces of Homestuck art.

When I read that my first thought was some young mystic holed up in a Russian Orthodox monastery somewhere, or a teenaged savant working in an underground Cold War bunker. But in reality Russia's not that much different nowadays than anywhere else and she probably just lives in the suburbs.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Xamag you stop with your vdomoypreklenii drawings and help your father bring in bear herd before dark.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
Appreciating how much Vriska we've been getting lately. I like the slow trickle of information regarding the actual plans the kids and trolls have currently. The comic is getting back to the pacing that act 6 tossed by the wayside early in.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Ammat The Ankh posted:

When I read that my first thought was some young mystic holed up in a Russian Orthodox monastery somewhere, or a teenaged savant working in an underground Cold War bunker. But in reality Russia's not that much different nowadays than anywhere else and she probably just lives in the suburbs.

This is what they want you to think.

Радуйся, Родина! :black101:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
There's something really ironic about Vriska talking about someone else having hubris that leads to their inevitable downfall. :allears:

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
Man will Vriska ever stop being the best troll? Nope!

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

Man will Vriska ever stop being the best troll? Nope!

She's got the biggest grin on her face and it's just great.

Also Furthest Ring Treasure Maps, nice. I bet Jade could help out here what with Space being able to navigate in the furthest ring.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR
I was going to ask how they were cross-referencing clues and riddles that they've had for some amount of time against cracks in space-time that just happened.

Then I remembered the Furthest Ring's timey-wimey junk meaning that phrases like "just happened" have no meaning.

This comic :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

quote:

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus?

This is foreshadowing.