Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

tatankatonk posted:

noice, just post that you approve this

:siren: Trade Notice :siren:

San Juan Elephants receive:

'78 Luis Tiant

Barons receive:

'77 Buddy Bell

The Barons confirm this trade, fire Bobby Byrne into the sun, and have Bell take his place on the roster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
The Barons-Elephants trade is approved.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

City: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Home Stadium: Vin Scully Park
Dimensions: 330, 375, 400, 375, 330, open-air, excellent quality infield, large foul territory, very tall grass, good visibility

1928 Boston Braves (1)
1967 Atlanta Braves (2)
1974 Los Angeles Dodgers (4)
1977 Cleveland Indians (1)
1984 Cleveland Indians (2)

DH Preference: Yes, please

28-Man:

C '67 Joe Torre
1B '74 Steve Garvey
DH '28 Rogers Hornsby
2B:'74 Davey Lopes
SS '84 Julio Franco
3B '74 Ron Cey
LF '84 Brett Butler
CF '03 Ichiro Suzuki
RF '67 Hank Aaron

'74 Joe Ferguson - C
'67 Denis Menke - UT
'67 Felipe Alou - 1B/OF
'74 Jim Wynn - OF

SP#1: '84 Bert Blyleven
SP#2: '74 Don Sutton
SP#3: '74 Andy Messersmith
SP#4: '67 Phil Niekro
SP#5: '78 Luis Tiant

CL '77 Dennis Eckersley
SU '74 Mike Marshall
SR '77 Larry Andersen
SR '77 Jim Kern
MR '67 Ron Reed
MR '67 Clay Carroll
LR '74 Charlie Hough

AAA:
'77 Dave LaRoche - RP
'84 Joe Carter - OF
'77 Rick Sutcliffe - SP

code:
#1 Ichiro Suzuki - CF
#2 Rogers Hornsby - DH
#3 Joe Torre - C
#4 Hank Aaron - RF 
#5 Julio Franco - SS
#6 Brett Butler - LF
#7 Steve Garvey - 1B
#8 Ron Cey - 3B
#9 Davey Lopes - 2B
Hit and Run: -4
Sacrifice Bunt: -5
Squeeze Play: 1
Trying for extra bases: -2
Stealing Bases: -2
Aggressively Tagging Up: 4
Pitch Outs (to prevent stolen bases): 0
Giving Intentional Walks: -2
Pitching Around Good Hitters: 0
Bringing the Infield In: 0
Guarding the Lines: 0
Making Cutoff Throws: +2
Bringing in Pinch Hitters: +4
Bringing in Pinch Runners: 0
Bringing in Defensive Replacements: +2
Starting Pitchers on Short Rest: +1
Letting pitchers pitch throw trouble: -3
Letting Pitchers rack up high pitch counts: -2

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
Exciting Good Not-Completely Terrible News

The Super-League Season is 26 weeks long. As of tomorrow's Smasher League update, we'll be 13 weeks through Super-League VII. In honor of this achievement, we'll take a one day break from regular updates on Saturday.

But, as you know, my insane and woefully mistaken belief that continually pumping out content will inspire the people of this forum to put down their Final Fantasy LPs and learn to love baseball will not allow me to take a day off. Instead, Saturday's update will be a best-of-seven series between the Dynamo and Smasher League all-star teams, with the winning league getting to choose whether the DH rule will be in effect for the Super-League Finals.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

And STILL Intercontinental Champion. Get used to hearing that because I plan to keep this title as long as I can, because I am the best in the world, and I deserve it! :smug:

Starting on Tuesday of the week and lasting until Carlos Beltran is feeling better, your Intercontinental Champions will be running the following lineup:
Cliff Floyd (RF)
Joe Jackson (LF)
David Wright (1B)
Hank Aaron (CF)
Eddie Mathews (3B)
Jeff Kent (2B)
Jose Reyes (SS)
Mike Piazza (C)
[Pitcher Slot]

That is all.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Oct 20, 2012

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

I posted this in the signups thread before I got closed, I should probably repost it :v:

Here is the Official Florida Dickshots ~Trading Block~:

'67 Ernie Banks
Old and slowly stagnating, but MB loves guys who had long, successful careers. And hey, .276/.310/.455 is none too shabby for a bench bat/platoon or something.

'81 Tim Raines
Fantastic leadoff hitter. .391 OBP! 71 stolen bases! Had a Borderline HOFer career! :holymoley:

'67 Billy Williams
Hall Of Famer in his prime! .290/.361/.492 career line! Dingers!

'83 John Lowenstein
A worse Billy Williams basically!

'46 Buddy Blattner
uhhhhhhh, if you want a mediocre backup infielder, I have the guy for you!

'67 Glenn Beckert
See above!!!

What I'm looking for: Pitching! Please give me your pitchers. I could also use a Second Baseman but I think that can wait until the Dispersal Draft.

I don't have Platinum so PMing is a no-go, but I idle on #TheSuperLeague a lot so hit me up there if you're interested.

Feeders:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CHC/1967.shtml
http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/BAL/1983.shtml
http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/MON/1981.shtml
http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/NYG/1946.shtml

Monicro fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Oct 19, 2012

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!

Alright week I suppose, could have been better. Try Del Pratt at short for the week, because he can't really be much worse, can he?

Also, that game of the week highlights my main advice to the expansion teams, which would be that you shouldn't take the Expansion Cup too seriously - it really doesn't count for much.

EDIT: Minor move I forgot about : switch Wohlers and Lyle in the bullpen.

Ginge fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Oct 19, 2012

Warm Sarsaparilla
Jan 3, 2012

I feel like we'd be flirting with .450 if anyone was hitting. Maybe I am an optimist.

Anyway, send down Wilbuh and put Kaat into the "rotation." Send down Eric Davis, call up Damon, and rest Bernie with him for the week.

We need some gritty, hard-boiled spirit, so mix Detective Don Slaught into a platoon at catcher.

Pete Ladd
Mar 9, 2012

So you're saying Danny Rainwater is, symbolically my savior? Excellent, a healthy dose of semiotics will surely turn this team around. Put in Rainwater for Orosco until I can trade for another reliever.

Less disastrously (?), put Keith Hernandez on the DL and on the waiting list for a mustache transplant, replace him with Joe Kelley. Rest Max Carey with Sliding Billy Hamilton in right. Sam Crawford can replace Barrold while he recovers, and call up Elmer Flick.

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012
Using intelligence guided by experience since 1934.

Please put Barry Larkin back in at short. It's obviously SSS, but Rickey's tired, and Don Baylor's hitting .625, so put him in left for the week.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Warm Sarsaparilla posted:

I feel like we'd be flirting with .450 if anyone was hitting. Maybe I am an optimist.

Anyway, send down Wilbuh and put Kaat into the "rotation." Send down Eric Davis, call up Damon, and rest Bernie with him for the week.

We need some gritty, hard-boiled spirit, so mix Detective Don Slaught into a platoon at catcher.

Welcome to my world when it comes to the whole hitting thing.

Anyway, quick post, no time for effort!

Vice City Goose Eggs

No news about Marichal being broken is good news, I suppose. Juan Marichal to the DL, Doug Fister to the rotation. Fister's gonna have to pull off some of his Expansion Cup magic!

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Trade Bait
My Barry Bonds is injured and I'm in the midst of a hot streak. I'd like to, finally, make it into the playoffs or at least a bye to the next season. To that end, I'm offering up Sir Barrold Bonds of 1999 vintage, first pick in his dispersal draft, for comparable greatness. Preference will be in CF, catcher, or pairs of corner outfields.

NEW OWNERS! You will get a chance to take him completely healed up and ready to mash taters. There is NO waiting, he is refreshed for you and your expansion cup aspirations if you submit a winning offer.

Viscount Slim
Mar 9, 2012

Goddammit, Yobin. Rount back to the bench, put in Don Diego de la Money at short. gently caress. At least Eddie Collins comes back in a week or so.

Swap Messersmith and Greinke in the rotation, too. If Feller has to go, then I'll live with that.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

kw0134 posted:

Trade Bait
My Barry Bonds is injured and I'm in the midst of a hot streak. I'd like to, finally, make it into the playoffs or at least a bye to the next season. To that end, I'm offering up Sir Barrold Bonds of 1999 vintage, first pick in his dispersal draft, for comparable greatness. Preference will be in CF, catcher, or pairs of corner outfields.

NEW OWNERS! You will get a chance to take him completely healed up and ready to mash taters. There is NO waiting, he is refreshed for you and your expansion cup aspirations if you submit a winning offer.

Would you take Duke Snider and Johnny Roseboro?

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.
Alright, New Owners!

I have begun inputting rosters. However, I am dismayed that several of you have still not posted your completed rosters/sliders for me to labor over.

Post them in the next couple days or be gone from the EC and SL for the season! Deadline is Sunday at midnight EST

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem
On my post two pages back, I removed the pitcher-based lineup and changed it to just a particular catcher for each pitcher, by the way.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

I can't risk injuries to key personnel at this stage of the Plan.

Polanco starts for Lajoie, Giambi platoons with Edgar. This should be funny.

The Merry Marauder fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Oct 19, 2012

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

Send Arthur Rhodes to the minors and call up Roberto Hernandez to replace him. Also, making some lineup substitutions to sit my tired players...

vs RHP
LF Speaker
1B Rose
RF Oliva
CF Charleston
C Torre/Martinez
SS Tejada
3B Ventura
2B Frisch
P Pitcher

vs LHP
LF Speaker
1B Rose
RF Robinson
CF Charleston
SS Tejada
C Torre/Martinez
2B Frisch
3B Ventura
P Pitcher

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

cbx posted:

Alright, New Owners!

I have begun inputting rosters. However, I am dismayed that several of you have still not posted your completed rosters/sliders for me to labor over.

Post them in the next couple days or be gone from the EC and SL for the season! Deadline is Sunday at midnight EST

I'm still not sure what a slider is. Is it different from a roster?

Well, whatever the case, I would appreciate it very much if you could tell me, specifically, what I need to do.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Sliders affect different strategies. I'll post a random example:

These commands tell your in-game manager how aggressive or avoidant to be in each situation. For example: Hit and Run -4 means that this owner really doesn't want their manager to call for the Hit and Run play, preferring his or her virtual players to play station to station ball, so to speak. The ranges are -5 to +5

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

ForeverBWFC posted:

Would you take Duke Snider and Johnny Roseboro?
Snider's good but Roseboro is org fodder.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

kw0134 posted:

Snider's good but Roseboro is org fodder.

Anyone else take your eye? Bearing in mind that the Legacy players are naturally off-limits.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

kw0134 posted:

Trade Bait

I have a surplus of catching: 1932 Ernie Lombardi, 1968 Bill Freehan, 1990 , and 2004 Jason Kendall. I also have 1932 Chick Hafey who can mash in CF (or LF). I also have 1964 Boog Powell, 1968 Willie Horton, 1968 Al Kaline, 2004 Craig Wilson, and 2004 Jason Bay to hit dongs in corner OF. I also have, you know, other stuff.

Anything jump out?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

cbx posted:

Sliders affect different strategies. I'll post a random example:

These commands tell your in-game manager how aggressive or avoidant to be in each situation. For example: Hit and Run -4 means that this owner really doesn't want their manager to call for the Hit and Run play, preferring his or her virtual players to play station to station ball, so to speak. The ranges are -5 to +5

Oh, that I did already. Anything else I should do?

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Nope. I would recommend that you keep a list of your trades and injuries throughout the EC season, so you know who you're bringing into the SL, as well as who might need to be replaced due to the injury factor. Also, it helps us keep track of your team as well, to have some sort of backup.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

: Last time, on Dunn Force: Dunn got traded to the Mariners, and challenged Jesus Montero to a duel for the right to be the team's DH. Dunn was better, so David Eckstein showed up to help Montero cheat his way to victory. Dunn Force, Episode Twelve: The Scrapper, Part Four Adam Dunn is getting ready for his duel with Montero by having a steak and a six-pack of Miller High Life. He knows that he's got this. Just as he's getting ready to leave for Safeco Field, where the duel is going to take place, he gets a call from Cyber-Dunn, who warns him that David Eckstein mysteriously disappeared from Chicago just after Dunn got traded. Dunn doesn't care, saying that 'Eckstein isn't a threat to anyone except teams that use him as their shortstop.' Dunn shows up and draws out the NeyerBat, knowing that Montero doesn't stand a chance. Montero emerges from the dugout with a smirk on his face, and the duel is on. Dunn's NeyerBat is stronger, of course, and he's about to beat down Montero for the second time in as many episodes, but, just then, Montero hurls a glob of pine tar at Dunn's face that blind him and allows Montero to win the duel. Dunn complains that Montero cheated, and Montero retorts that he 'was just being scrappy.' Dunn further complains that scrappiness has no place in a duel between DHs, and that Montero should be disqualified. Eric Wedge, the Mariners' manager, has been watching the whole thing, and says that he's come to a decision...To be continued!

Super-League VII, Smasher League Week 13: The Crying of Week 13

Games of the Week

Don May posted:

BOBBLEHEADS ASSERT DOMINANCE WITH 7-6 WIN OVER W'S

Chicago- In Super-League I, the Bobbleheads routinely beat the Eazy W's en route to their first Senor Goodtimes Division title.

Six seasons later, not a whole lot has changed.

The Bobbleheads survived a shaky outing from Curt Schilling to tie the game going into the bottom of the ninth inning. With the score tied 6-6, the W's sent out their new closer, Rob Dibble, to try and extend the game. Up first was Babe Ruth, commonly considered the best hitter in history, who drew a walk when Dibble wisely backed off Ruth when the count ran full. Dibble was able to refocus himself, however, and struck out Alex Rodriguez on four pitches to get the first out of the inning.

Jason Giambi, playing left field for the injured Hank Greenberg, was up next. In a better world, the W's would have sent out a left-handed reliever to deal with him, but, as the W's had not a single southpaw reliever on their active roster, Dibble would have to take his chances. Still, with the slow Ruth at first place and the even slower Giambi at the plate, almost any ground ball could be an inning-ending double play. It was not a ideal situation for the W's, but hardly dire.

But then Babe Ruth broke for second on the first pitch of Giambi's at-bat. Babe Ruth is not a fast man. In fact, the Ruth in this game, hailing from 1926, made the final out of the World Series being caught stealing second. Fortunately, Ted Simmons' defensive skills are so bad that Ruth was safe at second without a throw.

Now the W's were in real trouble as the double play was taken off the table, and the winning run was now at second. Rob Dibble would have to really bear down. Instead, he gave up an RBI single to Giambi on the next pitch, letting Ruth score and ending the game.

Mark Grace, who, at this point, could not care less, did not particularly care. "We won? Okay. Neat. Hey, did I put Jason Giambi at left field in today's game? I did. Weird, I don't think he really has the range to play in the outfield. And we still won. poo poo, I think we could win if we only started seven or eight guys in the field. I might have to try that. I mean, at this point, I think our team can we without actually starting a shortstop. Look at what happened in this series! We beat the W's four straight times! And they're supposed to be an elite team in this league. What the gently caress has happened to the Smasher League? We're not supposed to be some sort of invincible force that just kills everyone else! We're supposed to limp our way into the postseason after getting lucky in the last month of the season. We're supposed to win 85 games and be lucky to win that many. This...this is all hosed up."

Box Score

Don May posted:

LANDERS BLANK GOOSE EGGS 3-0

Moonbase 0-2- Count the Landers among those who agree that the Bobbleheads leading the Senor Goodtimes Division by seven and a half games is 'all hosed up.'

Speaking to reporters after an easy 3-0 win over the flailing Goose Eggs, mrnoun let slip his frustration with the situation, "Dumb loving luck. That's all this is. Dumb loving luck. In a luck-neutral universe, we would be leading this division by three or four games. But apparently fortune does not favor us. But we'll fix them, given enough time. Those jock rocking-listening bastards can't hold us down forever.

"As for today's game, however," mrnoun then placed a cassette player on the podium and inserted and played a tape of A Flock of Seagull's "I Ran". "This I find much more frustrating. This music, this terrible, terrible music, dominated the air waves for the better part of the '80s. Eventually, to the credit of all mankind, we turned away from this....style." mrnoun's disgust was palpable, "But these Goose Eggs, they want to dredge up certain things that are better left buried. Because I'm a just man, I have decided to bury them for their crimes, down there deep with Billy Idol and the Thompson Twins. And when I'm done, let that be a lesson to anyone who thinks that the culture of the '80s is something to look back on nostalgically. The '80s should be forgotten and ignored and that's all there is to it!"

Armitage disagreed, even as he continued his piss-poor Tony Montana impression, "Hey, mang, I don't go up to your moonbase and tell you that your progressive rock is crappy, mang. Now say goodbye to the bad mana-" the interview continued, but all of the reporters present agreed that it would be best to just tune it out.

In other news, J.R. Richard, the Landers' winning pitcher, spoke on what it was like to move from the Aquamen, who he played for last season, to the Landers, "Well, I am not sure how the gently caress they built a dome at the bottom of Crater Lake, but that still makes a lot more drat sense then someone building a god-drat moonbase! How the gently caress are people affording all of this, anyway?"

Box Score

Don May posted:

HOPELESS POTATOES BEAT HOPELESS COMANCHEROS 13-12

Coahuila- Neither the Potatoes nor the Comancheros have a good chance of reaching the postseason, but their powerful offenses did at least get their day in the sun in today's 13-12, 10-inning runfest.

Josh Gibson, the prospective #1 pick in the next dispersal draft, seemed eager to move on from the Potatoes after the season, even after delivered the game-winning RBI for his team, "Yeah, I won the game for the team. Can I please leave now? I hate playing in Idaho, I hate my teammates, and I hate the fact that Grinnblade won't even let me play catcher where I could make even more of a difference. I'm a great DH, but a whole lot of my value comes from the fact that I can play catcher too. It's just a real shame that I have to waste an entire season playing out here in the sticks where there's basically no chance of this team going anywhere except Round 1 of the Gauntlet where we'll probably killed by the Superbas! It is an American tragedy. I should be leading teams to championships, not watching moose wandering around in the stadium's parking lot! No one should have to spend the best years of their life in Idaho. Nobody."

Grinnblade tried to refute Gibson's comments, "Gibson is way out of line. Idaho is great. Did you know we have one of the highest proportions of libertarians in America? And we all know that libertarians know what's going on. They know that big government is working day and night to restrict our freedoms. All they want to do is take our money and redistribute it to the laziest members of society so that they don't have to work at all. Ron Paul 2012!"

The owner of the Comancheros, Warm Sarsaparilla, has now seen his team fall apart completely, and it is looking increasingly likely that both of his teams will end up in the first round of the Gauntlet. "What went wrong? I know that we didn't have a great defense, and that our pitching might not work out, but we were supposed to have a great offense. But it's not working! Nothing's working! I bring new hitters, but they won't hit for me. I go into Idaho, against one of the few teams worse than me, and I lose? Why is this happened to me? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?"

Box Score

Numbers: The Numbers that Cut

Analysis

Still rolling. Can anything stop them?

Analysis

Only two weeks until Dihigo comes back. He might not save your team, but he's probably your last, best hope.

Analysis

What has happened to the Comancheros? Actually, I'll answer that. The pitching has gotten better in the Smasher League, and the Comancheros have really been hurt by that.

Analysis

The Phoenixes surge or, more accurately, everyone else in your division has swooned.

Analysis

The Mooglies' fortunes are looking up, even if I'm still not convinced that the Mooglies' wouldn't have been better off just keeping their SLI roster intact.

Analysis

Free Josh Gibson! And replace McDougald!

Analysis

Yes, the lineup thing is just a glitch. Then again, with four Foxxes in the lineup, your defense really can't get much worse.

Analysis

For the most part, I have no regrets about getting rid of the wildcards, but what's happening to the Landers is a real shame.

Oh, and Pedro is now doing better than Matt Cain, so leave me the gently caress alone about that.

Analysis

Actually, the Mudholes have been decent since April, it's just they built themselves such a deep hole that they're having trouble getting out of it.

Analysis

Without that tanking, you'd be right in the hunt for the division race, cbx.

Analysis

Behold the power of well-executed platoons!

Analysis

Think about it this way, in a few weeks, you'll be just like the original Rated R Superstar: forcibly retired.

Analysis

I was right about Riggs, and I'm right when I say that if you challenge the Macho Men this season, your team will lose.

Analysis

Not sure that sitting Simmons for the series against the Bobbleheads was the smartest thing you ever did.

Analysis

I'm not sure that you can overtake the W's, but I do think you can avoid the Gauntlet if you keep playing well.

Analysis

Maybe try McManus at SS?

Standings and Leaders

Playoff and Gauntlet Seedings

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!

hello dickshot friend!!

A second baseman that I have that you might want is "2011 Ian Kinsler"

A player that I might want in compensation for such is "1981 Tim Raines".

How do we feel about this?

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

City:

Stadium:

Roster against lefties:

C: 1929 Spud Davis
1B: 1910 Nap Lajoie
2B: 2011 Chase Utley
3B: 2011 Placido Polanco
SS: 2011 Jimmy Rollins
LF: 1929 Lefty O'Doul
CF: 2011 Shane Victorino
RF: 1929 Chuck Klein
DH: 1910 Joe Jackson

Bench: 2011 Carlos Ruiz, 1917 Joe Judge, 1929 Pinky Whitney, 1929 Bernie Friberg, 2011 Ryan Howard

Roster against righties:

C: 1929 Spud Davis
1B: 2011 Ryan Howard
2B: 1910 Nap Lajoie
3B: 2011 Placido Polanco
SS: 2011 Jimmy Rollins
LF: 1929 Lefty O'Doul
CF: 2011 Shane Victorino
RF: 1929 Chuck Klein
DH: 1910 Joe Jackson

Bench: 2011 Carlos Ruiz, 1917 Joe Judge, 1929 Pinky Whitney, 1929 Bernie Friberg, 2011 Chase Utley

Minors: 2011 Hunter Pence, 1910 Roger Peckinpaugh, 1917 Doc Ayers

SP1: 1917 Walter Johnson
SP2: 2011 Roy Halladay
SP3: 1910 Addie Joss
SP4: 2011 Cole Hamels
SP5: 2011 Cliff Lee
CL: 2011 Brad Lidge
SU: 2011 Ryan Madson
SR: 2011 Antonio Bastardo
SR: 2011 Roy Oswalt
MR: 1910 Cy Falkenberg
LR: 1910 Cy Young

Lineup against lefties:

1. Shane Victorino
2. Nap Lajoie
3. Chuck Klein
4. Lefty O'Doul
5. Joe Jackson
6. Chase Utley
7. Spud Davis
8. Placido Polanco
9. Jimmy Rollins

Lineup against righties:

1. Shane Victorino
2. Nap Lajoie
3. Ryan Howard
4. Chuck Klein
5. Lefty O'Doul
6. Joe Jackson
7. Spud Davis
8. Placido Polanco
9. Jimmy Rollins

Sliders: Normal

BrooklynBruiser fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Oct 20, 2012

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
Sorry somehow I missed the request to put it in this thread officially.

Team Name: Flushing Flying Dutchman

Home City: New York

http://imgur.com/KNUhC

Home Stadium: Bringing back Shea Stadium
(Give me the dimensions and playing surface if it's a custom stadium)

DH Preference: Don't Care

C: 1962 Tom Haller
1B: 1962 Orlando Cepeda
2B: 2003 Michael Young
SS: 2003 Alex Rodriguez
3b: 1962 Jim Davenport
LF: 1962 Felipe Alou
CF: 1962 Willie Mays
RF: 1962 Willie McCovey
B: 1962 Ed Bailey
B: 2003 Hank Blalock
B: 1987 Pedro Guerrero
B: 1962 Jose Pagan
B: 2003 Mark Teixeira
B: 1962 Harvey Kuenn
SP: 1962 Juan Marichal
SP: 1978 Rick Reuschel
SP: 1987 Bob Welch
SP: 1987 Fernando Valenzuela
SP: 1987 Orel Herschier
RP: 1978 Bruce Sutter
RP: 1978 Willie Hernandez
RP: 1978 Donnie Moore
RP: 2003 Ugueth Urbina
RP: 1987 Alejandro Pena
RP: 2003 Francisco Cordero
Minors: 1962 Billy O'Dell
Minors: 1962 Gaylord Perry
Minors: 1987 Mike Scoscia

Lineup if no-DH:
Felipe Alou LF
Jim Davenport 3B
Alex Rodriguez SS
Willie Mays CF
Willie McCovey RF
Orlando Cepeda 1B
Tom Haller C
Michael Young 2B
Pitcher

Lineup if DH:
Felipe Alou LF
Pedro Guerrero DH
Alex Rodriguez SS
Willie Mays CF
Willie McCovey RF
Orlando Cepeda 1B
Tom Haller C
Jim Davenport 3B
Michael Young 2B

Rotation:
Rick Reuschel
Orel Herschier
Bob Welch
Juan Marichal
Fernando Valenzuela
CL: Bruce Sutter
SU: Francisco Cordero
SU: Ugueth Urbina
MR: Alejandro Pena
MR: Donnie Moore
MR: Willie Hernandez

Hit and Run: -2
Sacrifice Bunt: -1
Squeeze Play: -3
Trying for extra bases: 3
Stealing Bases: 1
Aggressively Tagging Up: 2
Pitch Outs (to prevent stolen bases): 1
Giving Intentional Walks: -3
Pitching Around Good Hitters: -2
Bringing the Infield In: 2
Making Cutoff Throws: 0
Bringing in Pinch Hitters: 3
Bringing in Pinch Runners: 3
Bringing in Defensive Replacements: -2
Starting Pitchers on Short Rest: -3
Letting pitchers pitch throw trouble: -1
Letting Pitchers rack up high pitch counts: 3

Teams:
1978 Cubs http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CHC/1978.shtml
1988 Dodgers http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/LAD/1988.shtml
1962 Giants http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/SFG/1962.shtml
2003 Rangers http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/TEX/2003.shtml

Due to misunderstanding Baseball Mogul, I'm looking to upgrade 2B/3B for sure; I have tons of outfielders on the bench; Kingman not on the team; so let me know if anything interests you.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Juggernauts

As has come to my attention you are trying to gather all the Foxxes. I would offer you my copy of Jimmie Foxx, which while young (coming from the 1927 Athletics) has been rock solid for me.

In return I would ask for Kirby Puckett, John Smoltz, Tom Glavine, Carl Yastrzemski and Brandon Webb. This may seem like a lot, but you aren't using most of these guys at the moment and Yastrzemski is surplus once you have Foxx.

CVE fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Oct 20, 2012

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

NOT ENOUGH MINOR CHANGES MORE MINOR CHANGES

28-Man Roster:

C: Gary Carter
C: Walker Cooper
1B: Eddie Murray
1B: Ernie Banks
1B: Johnny Mize
2B: Buddy Blattner
2B: Glenn Beckert
3B: Ron Santo
SS: Cal Ripken
LF: Tim Raines
CF: Andre Dawson
RF: Billy Williams
OF: Sid Gordon
OF: Ken Singleton

SP: Fergie Jenkins
SP: Mike Boddicker
SP: Bill Gullickson
SP: Scott McGregor
SP: Steve Rogers
RP: Ken Holtzman
RP: Dan Morogiello
RP: Dennis Martinez
RP: Jeff Reardon
RP: Joe Neikro
CP: Tippy Martinez

AAA:
SP: Scott Sanderson
OF: Mel Ott
3B: Bobby Thomson

I'M NOT VERY GOOD AT THIS

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007
Idaho Potatoes

Oh gently caress me.

Gibson to C, Berra to DH. Keep them in the same spots in the lineup.

Anybody want Berra? Just need a decent replacement for McDougald...

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
Smasher! Please send down Earl Averill for the week, and replace him with 2009 Grady Sizemore in all lineups. I asked for this a couple of in-game weeks ago, and it apparently fell through the cracks.

The Goog fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Oct 20, 2012

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Are you in need of a Middle Reliever? I need a Left Handed Relieve Pitcher and am willing to give away the one and only 2011 Joquin Benoit to help bolster another teams bullpen.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

Mooseontheloose posted:

Are you in need of a Middle Reliever? I need a Left Handed Relieve Pitcher and am willing to give away the one and only 2011 Joquin Benoit to help bolster another teams bullpen.

My Mooglies have 1934 Lloyd Brown, who did a pretty good job for me in Super League I. If that doesn't tickle your fancy, the Rated R Superstars have 2006 Scott Downs or 2001 John Rocker, either of which can be yours in exchange for Benoit.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Mooseontheloose posted:

I have quite a few lefty relievers. If you're willing to sacrifice a little quality for handedness, please take a gander at my roster and/or feeders here.

e: Goddammit Goog, quit blowing up my spot.

e2: :siren: In general, if you need lefties, holler at your boy. Fully half of my pitching staff is currently left-handed, so I'd gladly provide you with some platoon advantage if it nets me a gain in overall quality. (Obviously I recognize that handedness isn't that big a deal, so I don't expect the gain to be large.) My roster is linked above.

Mornacale fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Oct 20, 2012

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Mornacale posted:

I have a surplus of catching: 1932 Ernie Lombardi, 1968 Bill Freehan, 1990 , and 2004 Jason Kendall. I also have 1932 Chick Hafey who can mash in CF (or LF). I also have 1964 Boog Powell, 1968 Willie Horton, 1968 Al Kaline, 2004 Craig Wilson, and 2004 Jason Bay to hit dongs in corner OF. I also have, you know, other stuff.

Anything jump out?
Well, I'd like to take Kaline out for a spin, and Hafey might be an interesting choice for CF given that he was supposedly half blind (and Bill James thinks he was a bad joke of a HoF selection). Both mens' best days are behind them and it doesn't seem like you're even starting either of them so perhaps both for Bonds?

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Grinnblade posted:

Idaho Potatoes

Oh gently caress me.

I'd take him but I don't have another middle infielder atm other than Guillen and he's my only insurance in case of injury.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

kw0134 posted:

Well, I'd like to take Kaline out for a spin, and Hafey might be an interesting choice for CF given that he was supposedly half blind (and Bill James thinks he was a bad joke of a HoF selection). Both mens' best days are behind them and it doesn't seem like you're even starting either of them so perhaps both for Bonds?

I'm pretty concerned about giving up that much for a dude with a significant injury risk. My roster is a little goofy right now because I want to use the EL to see what I've got; for the real league I expect Hafey to be my everyday LF (and backup CF), and Kaline to at least platoon at 1B in addition to backup up RF. You're particularly underestimating Hafey, I think: he's only 29 in that season, he has an elite contact bat with good power and speed, and he can play okay defense anywhere in the OF (his OVR actually rises a little if you move him to CF).

(He was a real bad Hall choice, though, no denying that. :shobon: )

I need to either give up less or snag a pitcher/middle infield/capable backup CF.

Some notables not on my 28-man: C 1990 Brian Harper (forgot to mention him with my catchers earlier), 1B 1968 Norm Cash, 3B 1968 Eddie Matthews, LF 1968 Willie Horton, LF 2004 Jason Bay, SP 1964 Robin Roberts, SP 1990 Kevin Tapani, RP 1990 Terry Leach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Grinnblade posted:

Idaho Potatoes

Oh gently caress me.

Yeah, I'm interested, what year?