Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benzene
Feb 1, 2007
So viel Spaß für wenig Geld.
Anyone watch Getting On? I love it. Watch it with an actual nurse for added entertainment, they nearly piss themselves laughing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
Is anybody else going to watch Hebburn on BBC2 in about 5 minutes time?

Forty Two posted:

Slightly late to the party (but I don't care), jumping on the JLC hate-wagon with thread favourite Charlie Brooker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz8vCFWa9D8&t=2m16s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXl4R3XXz0k

Paperhouse posted:

I've always loved his JLC impression. Especially the "why does people fight with guns? it's a world at war" theme tune

I love that, but I got the World at War boxset for Christmas last year and it was so annoying that when I sat down to watch it, those lyrics that jammed in my head when the theme started. It kind of ruins the atmosphere. :argh: drat you, Brooker!

lets go swimming fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Oct 18, 2012

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
I want to see that latest Grand Designs you're all raving about but none of series 9 is on 4oD :(

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Metrication posted:

I want to see that latest Grand Designs you're all raving about but none of series 9 is on 4oD :(

There's not all of series 9, but Channel 4 have two up on YouTube

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Hebburn: worth watching? Just noticed it on the beeb front page.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
Hebburn was pretty funny in places though there was a few bits that were a bit predictable (can we stop doing the whole "Someone mistakes someone who is getting a PHD for a medical doctor" thing?)

I'm a bit biased though as I live very close to Hebburn so there was a lot of spotting places I grew up. Though at one point he tells his girlfriend that his sister could show her around Hebburn the next few weekends, which no-one would do. They'd just jump on the Metro to Newcastle, it's only 20 minutes away.

Fuller9x
Feb 15, 2005

Gimme Milk

Benzene posted:

Anyone watch Getting On? I love it. Watch it with an actual nurse for added entertainment, they nearly piss themselves laughing.

I'm excited to see this back as well. With Jo Brand being a former Psychiatric Nurse, you get a feel for where the dark humour is coming from along with the Scanlan and Capaldi "Thick of It" tie-in in front of and behind the scenes.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

goatface posted:

Hebburn: worth watching? Just noticed it on the beeb front page.

If you like bad acting, predictability and terrible 'jokes', then yes, worth watching.

Leonard Pine
Apr 20, 2008

Not impressed with Hebburn at all. I tuned in because I like Vic Reeves but it was just the opposite of the kind of comedy I associate him with - really safe and MOR.

Also that young guy's hair sucks, but that is completely beside the point.

the_cow_fan
May 12, 2008
I wish 'Welcome to India' was more than 3 episodes long, was a very interesting series, especially if you've ever visited the place.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Hebburn wasn't really bad, it was just aggressively mediocre. It did have its moments, though. "The police will arrive in 7 minutes, we've got enough time to get another round in!"

Lemon
May 22, 2003

QI.

Jimmy Carr.. Isn't wearing a suit.

I don't like this.

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

I certainly wouldn't encourage any of you to rewatch the first segment of Stand Up to Cancer and hear what Cheryl Cole sounds like when the backing track isn't played under her performance.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Lemon posted:

QI.

Jimmy Carr.. Isn't wearing a suit.

I don't like this.

It was very strange.

Was HIGNFY any good? I had to walk to my mum's from the train station so I missed it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

reality_groove posted:

I certainly wouldn't encourage any of you to rewatch the first segment of Stand Up to Cancer and hear what Cheryl Cole sounds like when the backing track isn't played under her performance.

Someone suggesting that Our Chezza is not a flawless English rose? Off with his head! :mad:

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

reality_groove posted:

It wasn't even hilariously awful like I was hoping. We all know the woman can't sing, but she could have put a bit more "oomph" into being awful. That was just flat and spiritless.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
I just got done watching the last episode of The British and gently caress me that was terrible. I've quite enjoyed the series up to this point even though it was very light and skimmed over a lot of stuff, which is to be expected with the length of time they were covering, but this episode was awful. World War 1 consisted of an explosion in a munitions factory and the fact that Alexander Flemming was there while World War 2 consisted of St Pauls not catching fire one night and the spirit of the loving blitz.

Also, the empire "dwindled", but there was no mention throughout the entire thing of anyone gaining independence. They even made a point of how great it was that Britain gave the vote to women after the war and mentioned that the first female MP was elected shortly afterwards, but didn't mention who it was, which of course would have raised a few questions Russel Brand and Frank loving Lampard may not be able to answer in the talking heads.

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007
Is there something up with channel 4? The epg says it's supposed to be my name is earl but it's that magician dude.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

onoflalks posted:

It was very strange.

Was HIGNFY any good? I had to walk to my mum's from the train station so I missed it.

Jo Brand guest host.

Guess how good it was.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

VogeGandire posted:

Jo Brand guest host.

Guess how good it was.

:smith: Oh...

At least next week's will be better

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Thought I'd give Hunted a shot after watching the first 3 episodes of Homeland s2. That was a bad idea, was hoping for some serious spy action but just seemed to be the usual crap, and yet another thing to add to my list of awful looking shows using bad colour graded video.

The Blu-ray of Tinker Tailor now on to fulfil my aesthetic needs. Bliss.

lionlegs
Feb 16, 2005
Ask me about my lego spheres!
I'm just ploughing through the Welcome to India series. Watched the first two and they've been really really good. Amazing pictures and gripping stories of people with jobs I didn't know existed (collecting gold from the street?). Catch it on iPlayer before they disappear on Wednesday.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I've started watching Merlin for the first time with the new series, it's actually not terrible. Plus, tonight's episode ended with a potential fisting- good thing it ends after the watershed, I guess!

Fresh Meat I'm unsure of, it still gets a few laughs between cum-cubes and Kingsley sporting a fedora.

The pHo posted:

Thought I'd give Hunted a shot after watching the first 3 episodes of Homeland s2. That was a bad idea, was hoping for some serious spy action but just seemed to be the usual crap, and yet another thing to add to my list of awful looking shows using bad colour graded video.

Absolutely, I only saw the fist episode but Hunted was not good at all. Makes me wonder, was its scheduling a genius move to cash in on fans of shows like Homeland, or terrible since anyone who watches Homeland will be left in doubt as to how bad Hunted is...

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Jack Whitehall is being all cutesy and flirty with Stephen Fry on QI. I think he has a little crush :3:

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Squalitude posted:

I've started watching Merlin for the first time with the new series, it's actually not terrible.

Improved 100% when Anthony Head returned to chew some scenery and camp it up as Evil Dead Uther.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Squalitude posted:

Absolutely, I only saw the fist episode but Hunted was not good at all. Makes me wonder, was its scheduling a genius move to cash in on fans of shows like Homeland, or terrible since anyone who watches Homeland will be left in doubt as to how bad Hunted is...

"From The Makers of Spooks." That's all I needed to read to know it was going to be complete poo poo. This was confirmed upon watching the first episode where every other scene was a bloody flashback, including one flashback to something which happened only five minutes ago.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

DaWolfey posted:

Jack Whitehall is being all cutesy and flirty with Stephen Fry on QI. I think he has a little crush :3:

I was a little disturbed that he started describing what peacocking is (a PUA technique). But then I remembered that his co-star from Fresh Meat had been reading The Game in this week's episode, which might explain both why he knows that, and the fedora. TV gone all holistic.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I must admit I knew nothing about it before watching, other than it was a collaborative effort with HBO sister channel and nudity lovers Cinemax, and that Alan Sepinwall thought it had promise. Spooks was the first obvious comparison for me, so no surprise it's the same team. Do they air this after Homeland finishes on C4 or something then? It just feels typically cheap, where Homeland is one of the best things airing anywhere right now.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Hmm. Mr Bloom just had a hymn and kids thanking God for crops and poo poo. Not sure how I feel about this.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Akuma posted:

Hmm. Mr Bloom just had a hymn and kids thanking God for crops and poo poo. Not sure how I feel about this.

THat you're wasting your life watching kids TV?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Sion posted:

THat you're wasting your life watching kids TV?
Yes I am wasting my life by having children's TV on for my child to watch.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Akuma posted:

You need to get rid of that kid ASAP man, it's taking up valuable time.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Akuma posted:

Make it watch proper telly, like Spartacus or Deadwood.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Akuma posted:

Harvest festival! Some good old paganism.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

You need to get rid of that kid ASAP man, it's taking up valuable time.

What this guy said.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Akuma posted:

I wouldn't trust my kid with that guy. He's creepy as hell. Luckily my son only really watches In The Night Garden, and I find Derek Jacobi's voice quite soothing.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
I didn't know who this Mr. Bloom was but looking on Google image search he reminds me of Jay from the Inbetweeners. Now I just imagine him talking about how cucumbers are proper clunge magnets.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

Flatscan posted:

"From The Makers of Spooks." That's all I needed to read to know it was going to be complete poo poo. This was confirmed upon watching the first episode where every other scene was a bloody flashback, including one flashback to something which happened only five minutes ago.

I think I was spoilt by watching Callan and Sandbaggers, both far superior to Spooks, though dated in a production and pacing sense.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Watching Dragon's Den and at first glance it really looks like Hilary Devey's earrings say "COCK".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maud Moonshine
Nov 6, 2010

DaWolfey posted:

I found him really insufferable in QI. It felt like hardly anyone else got to talk. Did not enjoy it :(