Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Can trade you Vidro for Berra, Grinn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Mornacale posted:

Some notables not on my 28-man: C 1990 Brian Harper (forgot to mention him with my catchers earlier), 1B 1968 Norm Cash, 3B 1968 Eddie Matthews, LF 1968 Willie Horton, LF 2004 Jason Bay, SP 1964 Robin Roberts, SP 1990 Kevin Tapani, RP 1990 Terry Leach.

What would you want for Mathews?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Better question: Who do you have on your 28 man that you can't justify ancient Eddie Mathews as a backup hand on third?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 33 minutes!

The Goog posted:

My Mooglies have 1934 Lloyd Brown, who did a pretty good job for me in Super League I. If that doesn't tickle your fancy, the Rated R Superstars have 2006 Scott Downs or 2001 John Rocker, either of which can be yours in exchange for Benoit.

Benoit for Downs sounds like a deal.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Mornacale posted:

I'm pretty concerned about giving up that much for a dude with a significant injury risk. My roster is a little goofy right now because I want to use the EL to see what I've got; for the real league I expect Hafey to be my everyday LF (and backup CF), and Kaline to at least platoon at 1B in addition to backup up RF. You're particularly underestimating Hafey, I think: he's only 29 in that season, he has an elite contact bat with good power and speed, and he can play okay defense anywhere in the OF (his OVR actually rises a little if you move him to CF).

(He was a real bad Hall choice, though, no denying that. :shobon: )

I need to either give up less or snag a pitcher/middle infield/capable backup CF.
Well I could toss in a 1993 Lenny Dykstra for your backup concerns. I don't think Bonds is necessarily injury prone, it's just been one of those seasons where the whole drat team thinks the DL is some fantastic theme park with rides and treats and they're all aching to go.

Senerio posted:

Better question: Who do you have on your 28 man that you can't justify ancient Eddie Mathews as a backup hand on third?
The same reason that I have a young Eddie Mathews who consistently finds his way back to the minors; Mogul really hates players starting or ending their careers and thinks not only they've fallen off the cliff, they're happily digging deeper into the impact crater.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Dunno where Stevie B or John Lackey have run off too this time. Smasher informed me that the W's and Cultists are on deck, and.. welp.

Gonna make a few lineup changes, even though I know this week has the potential to be very ugly.

1925 CF Indian Bob Johnson is still available, and likely could be a decent DH for one of you guys. Also, 2010 2B Robinson Cano is now available. We risked Frank Tanana in a challenge, and it just hasn't worked out. We're still mainly looking for a 2B/SS/CF. 2011 SP Doug Fister will be back on the block once Juan Marichal returns from injury.

: Hey. HEY.

... Oh great.

: Look. I was in the lineup for you guys in the Expansion Cup, and you nearly won it all. You removed me and sent me to AAA, and you guys really suck. Coincidence?

.... Yes. You're not a good hitter, Marty.

: Screw you! Use me or get relegated!

Fine. Marty McManus gets called up, and Tony Fernandez gets sent to AAA.

vs. left handed pitchers (DH)

1) CF Amos Otis
2) 1B George Sisler
3) RF Al Kaline
4) DH George Bell
5) LF Matt Holliday
6) 3B Buddy Bell
7) C Hank Severid
8) 2B Nellie Fox
9) SS Marty McManus

vs. right handed pitchers (DH)

1) CF Amos Otis
2) 1B George Sisler
3) LF Matt Holliday
4) RF Al Kaline
5) DH George Bell
6) C Hank Severid
7) 3B Buddy Bell
8) 2B Nellie Fox
9) SS Marty McManus

Also slider changes:

Stealing Bases: 0
Bringing in Pinch Hitters: +2

Armitage fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Oct 20, 2012

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
Dynamo League Week 14 Injury Report

No New Champions...which means that Week 15 will feature a TRIPLE Unification Series

Second City Saints
Intercontinental Champions

vs.

Fukuoka Finger-Bangers
European Champions
United States Champions

Barrow Daydreamers
Frank Thomas (1B) (Rooted for Manchester United in wrong pub) - 33 days
Joe Wood (SP) (My apologies, last update I intimated that Barrow is in Lancashire, when, in fact, it is in Cumbria. As penance, I will break Joe Wood's arm. That's how penance works, right?) - 13 days
Jon Matlack (SP) (That's not how penance works? Let me try that again.) - 31 days

Burma Imperialists
Danny Tartabull (RF) (You listen and you listen good. This is a warning. If you don't start Matt Williams at shortstop, I'm going to break every other player even theoretically capable of playing shortstop on your team. Capice?) - 90 days

Polyarny Postmodernists
Jesse Orosco (RP) (Asked the unknowable question that plagues all mankind) - 18 days

Rochester Generics
Luis Tiant (SP) (The Plague of Rochester) - 15 days

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

drat it Bearers, I want that Craig Biggio, one of your slack-jawed owners show up and deal him to me.

Viscount Slim
Mar 9, 2012

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Burma Imperialists
Danny Tartabull (RF) (You listen and you listen good. This is a warning. If you don't start Matt Williams at shortstop, I'm going to break every other player even theoretically capable of playing shortstop on your team. Capice?) - 90 days

Fine, you big bully. Put Eddie Collins back at second and start Matt Williams at short.

Entertaining offers for shortstops with a pulse; I can pay in corner outfielders, mostly. Please don't offer me org filler.

I'm looking forward to the All-Star series!

oldskool posted:

drat it Bearers, I want that Craig Biggio, one of your slack-jawed owners show up and deal him to me.

Why are we trading you our starting second baseman? You have LaJoie there? I'm not sure he can play catcher full-time anymore if that's your plan.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Viscount Slim posted:

Why are we trading you our starting second baseman? You have LaJoie there? I'm not sure he can play catcher full-time anymore if that's your plan.

Lajoie's a deadballer, which means his defense is godawful. I can jam him at first base and put Biggio at second and greatly improve my defense with essentially a lateral move offensively because Rusty Staub's playing 1B due to a bunch of injuries I never bothered to re-update my lineup for after they concluded.

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Barrow Daydreamers
Frank Thomas (1B) (Rooted for Manchester United in wrong pub) - 33 days
Joe Wood (SP) (My apologies, last update I intimated that Barrow is in Lancashire, when, in fact, it is in Cumbria. As penance, I will break Joe Wood's arm. That's how penance works, right?) - 13 days
Jon Matlack (SP) (That's not how penance works? Let me try that again.) - 31 days

gently caress. All three down. Gamble, Kern, and '07 Dunn up.

McGriff in at 1B - I was going to platoon them anyway so I can deal with the Thomas injury.

As for the pitching, well, the only thing I can do is a four-man rotation of Maddux-Glavine-Jenkins-Vance. Kern takes over at "long relief" again, and I hope he never gets used, again.

Somebody trade me pitching before I get forced to turn into the Radbourns! Broken Frank Thomas is officially on the block to facilitate this - Expansion Cup owners, this is your chance to get a very very good 1B at a non-extortionate cost.

Edit: Sliders need adjusting, too. Pitch on short rest to -5, pitch through trouble and high pitch counts to -3. That's a lot of work for a pretty bad bullpen, but there's no real alternative.

Ginge fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Oct 20, 2012

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Dynamo League Week 14 Injury Report

Rochester Generics
Luis Tiant (SP) (The Plague of Rochester) - 15 days
Okay, so I guess Finley moves back up to 4th (if that's possible) and I put Niekro in the fifth spot. I assume going to a four man rotation is a bad, bad idea.

Viscount Slim
Mar 9, 2012

oldskool posted:

Lajoie's a deadballer, which means his defense is godawful. I can jam him at first base and put Biggio at second and greatly improve my defense with essentially a lateral move offensively because Rusty Staub's playing 1B due to a bunch of injuries I never bothered to re-update my lineup for after they concluded.

Interesting. Well, if you think Mathews is worth anything (I don't know his year), why not put him at third and Pujols at first? That would improve your defense as well, and wouldn't sap your power so much.

I see Mathews was hurt, but I suppose that's past now.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Mood: nervous excitement
Song: "Where Do You Think You're Going" by Dire Straits

kw0134 posted:

Well I could toss in a 1993 Lenny Dykstra for your backup concerns.

Whew, big moves afoot with the Bloggers. Rumors are flying that GM Mornacale has formally offered 1932 Chick Hafey and 1968 Al Kaline to the Rochester Generics for 1993 Lenny Dykstra and 1999 Barry Bonds. Could be drastic changes in team composition coming down the pike.

To be honest, I'm not sure how much I can comment on this move. I see the name of Sir Barrold up there, glowing with an unearthly light, and I just start slavering and moaning. To me, any deal that involves a lot of slavering gets an automatic A+, so long as it's not my GM doing it!

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

kw0134 posted:

Well, I'd like to take Kaline out for a spin, and Hafey might be an interesting choice for CF given that he was supposedly half blind (and Bill James thinks he was a bad joke of a HoF selection). Both mens' best days are behind them and it doesn't seem like you're even starting either of them so perhaps both for Bonds?

:siren: Before you agree to the above, I'll offer you Larry walker and Jim Rice to instead if you'd like. Larry walker is in his MVP season and Rice is 1986. Same guys coming back.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

:siren: Before you agree to the above, I'll offer you Larry walker and Jim Rice to instead if you'd like. Larry walker is in his MVP season and Rice is 1986. Same guys coming back.
I've considered your offer and I'll decline on the basis that Walker's nice but Rice is taking a slide on the downward curve and Hafey/Kaline have better upside.

Mornacale posted:

Mood: nervous excitement
Song: "Where Do You Think You're Going" by Dire Straits

Whew, big moves afoot with the Bloggers. Rumors are flying that GM Mornacale has formally offered 1932 Chick Hafey and 1968 Al Kaline to the Rochester Generics for 1993 Lenny Dykstra and 1999 Barry Bonds. Could be drastic changes in team composition coming down the pike.

To be honest, I'm not sure how much I can comment on this move. I see the name of Sir Barrold up there, glowing with an unearthly light, and I just start slavering and moaning. To me, any deal that involves a lot of slavering gets an automatic A+, so long as it's not my GM doing it!
Suppose I should offer a press release confirming these rumors, subject to the approval of the Commissar. (Generics' Bonds/Dykstra for Bloggers' Kaline/Hafey).

Assuming the trade is approved, Hafey goes to CF, Kaline goes to 1B and Goose is in LF.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

kw0134 posted:

I've considered your offer and I'll decline on the basis that Walker's nice but Rice is taking a slide on the downward curve and Hafey/Kaline have better upside.
Suppose I should offer a press release confirming these rumors, subject to the approval of the Commissar. (Generics' Bonds/Dykstra for Bloggers' Kaline/Hafey).

Assuming the trade is approved, Hafey goes to CF, Kaline goes to 1B and Goose is in LF.

- is there another piece we could do instead of rice?

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

You're going to have to really wow me, but I really don't think you have anything you'd be willing to part with.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
Super-League VII All-Star Series!

This time it really, really, really counts!

: The All-Star Series, one of the proudest Super-League traditions-
: Isn't this the first time you're doing this?
: I'm looking prospectively. Either way, this series will determine whether or not the DH rule will be in effect for the Super-League finals. If the Smasher League wins, the DH rules will be in play, if not, then those DHs will spend the finals stuck fast to the bench, while CthulhuDreams fumes over his misfortune.
: So...you're assuming the Cultists win the Smasher League?
: The Phoenixes are mediocre, the Bobbleheads routinely start two players who hit under the Mendoza line, and the W's feature an erratic 19 year-old knuckleballer as their middle reliever.
: Hey, I'm not erratic!
: And now let's introduce the Super-League VII all-stars. First up, the visiting Dynamo League-
: I thought you said they had home-field advantage.
: I lied.

Dynamo League All-Stars
* - Denotes Starter

SP: Cliff Lee

SP: Greg Maddux

2B: Eddie Collins*
CF: Jim Edmonds*

IF: Honus Wagner

C: Johnny Bench*

RP: Billy Wagner
IF: Nap Lajoie

C: Yogi Berra
LF/DH: Ted Williams
RP: Alfredo Aceves

OF: Willie Mays
LF: Rickey Henderson*

RP: Mariano Rivera

SP: Noodles the Pitcher

1B: Mark McGwire*
SP: Smokey Joe Wood*

SS: Alex Rodriguez*

OF: Tony Gwynn

SP: Satchel Paige
RF: Frank Robinson*
DH: Frank Thomas*

RP: Pedro Martinez
3B: Eddie Mathews*

SP: Juan Marichal

: And asked about this team, Marauder has stated that he could care less about whether the Dynamo League wins this series, as he would likely be better off having the DH rule in effect during the Finals.
: Good to see he's taking this seriously. And now the Smasher League All-Stars...

Smasher League All-Stars
* - Denotes Starter

SP: Curt Schilling
SS: Derek Jeter*

SP: Thornton Lee

2B: Rogers Hornsby*

BN: Mike Piazza

SP: Cliff Lee

C: Josh Gibson*

SP: Tom Glavine

LR: Roger Clemens
BN: Eddie Collins
CF: Joe DiMaggio*
RF: Hank Aaron*

SU: Robb Nen
SR: Francisco Rodriguez

BN: Miguel Cabrera

CL: Sergio Romo
LF: Zack Wheat*

BN: Vladimir Guerrero
3B: Wade Boggs*

SR: Joakim Soria
DH: Stan Musial*
SP: Christy Mathewson*

1B: John Olerud*

BN: Tris Speaker

MR: Tom Henke; Vice City Goose Eggs

: And I talked with Mark Grace before the game, and he had been drinking, and it was kind of downhill from there.
: Awesome. Okay, we're almost ready to begin, but before we do, the Generics-Bloggers trade is approved, so Cthulhu, you can stop trying to steal Bonds.

: Dynamo League will take Game 1, as a gutsy steal of third base by Jim Edmonds in the 10th set up a sacrifice fly from Yogi Berra.
: And that's rough for the Smashers, they were hoping that Robb Nen could leave the troubles in Madison behind and pitch well in this environment, but it didn't pan out.
: And I'm just getting word that, according to Marauder, Frank Thomas has accidentally fallen down an elevator shaft and onto a knife and will miss the rest of the series. The Bangers' Ted Williams will take his place in the lineup.

: And the Dynamos take a 2-0 series lead as their Cliff Lee beats the Smasher League Cliff Lee.
: The Smasher League Cliff Lee struck out eleven, but that was all erased in a second when he gave up a three-run home run to Eddie Mathews in the bottom of the eighth.
: And some more news is coming in. Marauder has just told me that Eddie Mathews was so excited by his heroics that he's decided to throw himself in front of a speeding truck, and he'll miss a couple of games.
: Wow, that is some tough luck for the Dynamo League team. I mean, what are the odds that two of their starters would go down in mysterious accidents in as many games. It's kind of funny, really, because before the series started, Marauder was telling me that he really wanted Williams and Wagner in his starting lineup and was willing to take 'extreme measures' to make that happen. Lucky that these injuries happened so he didn't have to, eh, Smasher?

: And the Dynamo League will take a 3-0 lead, as Maddux is better than Glavine, just as he was in real life.

: And the confluence of The Thornton Lee's and Satchel Paige's mystical energy creates a zone of horror, and this 12-11 win is the result.
: Looks like the Smasher League has new life.
: And it looks like Frank Thomas has somehow recovered from his injuries to return to his lineup, infuriating Marauder.

: And this series is over! The Dynamo League mounts a desperate five-run rally in the ninth and tenth winning to take the lead, and there will be no DH in the Super-League Finals.
: And you hate to second-guess an owner, but Sergio Romo was probably not the right choice as the closer for the Smasher League. There was a couple of Mariano Riveras available to blakelmenakle, also a couple of Robb Nens, there were Tom Henkes, but blakel went with Sergio Romo.
: Yeah, that was pretty terrible. And that will wrap it up for us here today. Regular updates resume tomorrow!

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

No changes to the roster except replacing the old blood with the new. Lineup changes like so:

No DH, vs RHP
2B George Grantham
RF Babe Herman
CF Kirby Puckett
LF Barry Bonds
1B Kent Hrbek
SS Luis Aparicio
3B Brooks Robinson
STARTING PITCHER
C Ernie Lombardi

No DH, vs LHP
C Bill Freehan
LF Barry Bonds
3B Brooks Robinson
RF Babe Herman
CF Kirby Puckett
1B Craig Wilson
2B Freddy Sanchez
STARTING PITCHER
SS Luis Aparicio

DH, vs RHP
2B George Grantham
RF Babe Herman
LF Boog Powell
DH Barry Bonds
1B Kent Hrbek
CF Kirby Puckett
3B Brooks Robinson
SS Luis Aparicio
C Ernie Lombardi

DH, vs LHP
C Bill Freehan
LF Barry Bonds
DH Ernie Lombardi
RF Babe Herman
CF Kirby Puckett
3B Brooks Robinson
1B Craig Wilson
2B Freddy Sanchez
SS Luis Aparicio

Other items!
- Would it be possible to flip my stadium, so the shorter porch is in RF?
- Stealing Bases to -1

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

Mooseontheloose posted:

Benoit for Downs sounds like a deal.

As 20% owner of the Superstars, I approve. I'll try to get the other guys to approve as quickly as possible.

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007
Luna Landers

Hey, our pitchers are healthy! Let's celebrate by jettisoning Williamson and giving Maddux a couple weeks in AAA to think about what he's done. I could probably use him in middle relief, but I want to keep him stretched out for when Richard falls back to earth.

SP Martinez
SP Clemens
SP Feller
SP Richard
SP Reuschel

CL Rivera
SU Henke
SR Nathan
SR Lefferts
MR Foulke
LR Langford

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

When McCutchen gets done being injured... you know, this McCutchen is really pissing me off. Do not return McCutchen to the regular lineup when he is heeled. Keep using Corey Hart.

Also, Yount should hit 6th, moving everyone else down. Use Rodriguez as the setup man and put Axford as the 2nd option for short relief, behind Uehara.

That is all.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Unfortunately for the Smasher League THE Thornton Lee couldn't pitch every game to guarentee a succesful series (granted it was more him sucking less than the opposition).

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.
EC Update

Rosters have been entered for the: Air Raids, Arguments, Commies, Elephants, and Barons. Next up are the Smokers, Surf, Dickshots, Mashers, and Woodchucks.

This was my list of teams as of today, any owners that have remaining teams that I have not just listed need to have their final rosters/sliders posted in this thread, or if you have done so and I missed your team (which is definitely possible), please link me to your roster post so I can get the information imported.

Remember, the deadline is Sunday night/Monday morning, at 12 AM EST.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

code:
Home City: Seattle

Home Stadium: Comerica Park
(Give me the dimensions and playing surface if it's a custom stadium)

DH Preference: Yes

28-Man Roster: 2006 Ivan Rodriguez, C
1999 Chad Krueter, C Minors
1999 Jeremy Giambi, 1B
2006 Placido Palanco, 2B
1999 Carlos Febles, 2B
1999 Joe Randa, 3B
2006 Brandon Inge, 3B
2006 Carlos Guillen, SS
1999 Jonny Damon, LF
2006 Craig Monroe, LF
1999 Carlos Beltran, CF
2006 Curtis Granderson, CF
1999 Jermaine Dye, RF
1918 Babe Ruth, RF
1999 Mike Sweeney, DH
2006 Marcus Thames, DH Minors
2006 Justin Verlander, P
1999 Kevin Appier, P
2006 Kenny Rogers, P
1918 Bullet Joe Bush, P
1918 Carl Mays, P
2006 Nate Robertson, P Minors
2006 Todd Jones, CL
2006 Joel Zumaya, RP
1918 Sad Sam Jones, RP
2006 Fernando Rodney, RP
1918 Dutch Leonard, RP
2006 Jamie Walker, RP

25 in the majors, 3 in the minors

Lineups: 1. 2006 Carlos Guillen, SS
2. 1999 Jonny Damon, LF
3. 1999 Mike Sweeney, 1B
4. 1918 Babe Ruth, DH
5. 2006 Magglio Ordonez, RF
6. 1999 Joe Randa, 3B
7. 1999 Carlos Beltran, CF
8. 2006 Placido Palanco, 2B
9. 2006 Ivan Rodriguez, C

Pitching Rotation: 1. 1918 Carl Mays
2. 1918 Bullet Joe Bush
3. 2006 Justin Verlander
4. 2006 Kenny Rogers
5. 1999 Kevin Appier

Strategy (Rate on a scale from -5 to +5)

Hit and Run: 0
Sacrifice Bunt: 0
Squeeze Play: 0
Trying for extra bases: 0
Aggressively Tagging Up: 0
Pitch Outs (to prevent stolen bases): 0
Giving Intentional Walks: +2
Pitching Around Good Hitters: +2
Bringing the Infield In: 0
Guarding the Lines: 0
Making Cutoff Throws: +2
Bringing in Pinch Hitters: +3
Bringing in Pinch Runners: 0
Bringing in Defensive Replacements: 0
Starting Pitchers on Short Rest: -3
Letting pitchers pitch throw trouble: 0
Letting Pitchers rack up high pitch counts: 0
gonna get last in the EC, season

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

cbx posted:

EC Update

Rosters have been entered for the: Air Raids, Arguments, Commies, Elephants, and Barons. Next up are the Smokers, Surf, Dickshots, Mashers, and Woodchucks.

This was my list of teams as of today, any owners that have remaining teams that I have not just listed need to have their final rosters/sliders posted in this thread, or if you have done so and I missed your team (which is definitely possible), please link me to your roster post so I can get the information imported.

Looks like you missed the Spooners, here's the post.

TKBomber7285
Feb 20, 2011
I approve the Benoit for Downs deal for the Superstars.

Was going to offer Viscount Howard Johnson for a bucket of balls. Then I realized he'd probably throw each of those balls at my head so I'll stay away from that.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Why is there a Benoit for Downs deal? So the Ted Sox can get a left-hander?

Actually, by Super-League standards, that's eminently sensible. Trade Approved.

e: cbx, what rosters don't you have?

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

cbx posted:

EC Update

Here's the post for the Failures: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3499603&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=37#post408666713

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
For the Superstars, Benoit replaces Brandon League on the roster. New bullpen setup:

LR Jason Motte
MR Tug McGraw
SR Joaquin Benoit
SR Jesse Orosco
SU Chris Perez
CL BJ Ryan

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

cbx posted:

EC Update

Looks like you've missed the Bloggers.

My original post is here, but since then I've made a trade and consequently some changes (to lineup, stadium, and strategy).

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Hit and Run: -2
Sacrifice Bunt: +3
Squeeze Play: +3
Trying for extra bases: +1
Stealing Bases: +2
Aggressively Tagging Up: 0
Pitch Outs (to prevent stolen bases): +3
Giving Intentional Walks: +1
Pitching Around Good Hitters: -3 :getin:
Bringing the Infield In: 0
Guarding the Lines: +2
Making Cutoff Throws: +2
Bringing in Pinch Hitters: 0
Bringing in Pinch Runners: +1
Bringing in Defensive Replacements: +3
Starting Pitchers on Short Rest: -4
Letting pitchers pitch throw trouble: +2
Letting Pitchers rack up high pitch counts: +1

Starting Rotation:
Carl Hubbell
Mike Krukow
Billy Pierce
Hal Schumacher
Danny Neagle

Lineup Without DH:
Mel Ott (RF)
Luis Aparicio (SS)
Nellie Fox (2B)
Bill Terry (1B)
Minnie Minoso (LF)
Terry Kennedy (C)
Larry Doby (CF)
Ernie Riles (3B)
Pitcher’s Spot

Lineup With DH:
Mel Ott (RF)
Luis Aparicio (SS)
Nellie Fox (2B)
Will Clark (DH)
Bill Terry (1B)
Minnie Minoso (LF)
Terry Kennedy (C)
Larry Doby (CF)
Ernie Riles (3B)

25 Man Roster:
1: Mel Ott (RF)
2: Luis Aparicio (SS)
3: Nellie Fox (2B)
4: Bill Terry (1B)
5: Minnie Minoso (LF)
6: Sherm Lollar (C)
7: Larry Doby (CF)
8: Matt Williams (3B)
9: Will Clark (1B/DH)
10: Bob Brenly (C)
11: George Watkins (OF)
12: Bubba Phillips (3B)
13: Robby Thompson (2B)

1: Carl Hubbell (SP)
2: Mike Krukow (SP)
3: Billy Pierce (SP)
4: Hal Schumacher (SP)
5: Danny Neagle (SP)
6: Craig Lefferts (CL)
7: Dixie Howell (R)
8: Miss Atlee Hammaker (R)
9: Terry Mulholland(R)
10: Paul LaPalme (R)
11: Jason Schmidt (R)
12: Freddie Fitzsimmons (R)

Minors:
Candy Maldonado (OF)
Jose Uribe (SS)
Blondy Ryan (Infield)

Is this good?

BearDrivingTruck fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Oct 21, 2012

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 33 minutes!
The Ted Sox

Scott Downs as Short Reliever.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Hey, someone from the Superstars other than Goog get at me.

Or anybody else with an interest in 1968 Norm Cash, really.

e: @Mornacale on twitter, Mornacale on AIM, also on IRC

Mornacale fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Oct 21, 2012

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.
Thanks, everyone. I should have all the rosters inputted by tomorrow evening and the EC should be ready to go within a day or so!

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

cbx posted:

Thanks, everyone. I should have all the rosters inputted by tomorrow evening and the EC should be ready to go within a day or so!

Question: when will our rosters lock, such that players we trade for can be dumped in AAA without taking someone else off the roster?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

cbx posted:

EC Update

Link to Catalina

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007

cbx posted:

EC Update

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3499603&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=39#post408718580

Flying Dutchmen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Could have sworn I did this already, but I can't seem to find it. Oh well.

Team Name: The Hartford Baseball Whalers

Home City: Hartford, Connecticut

Home Stadium: The Shipyard - 330x375x404x380x320

DH Preference: Yes please

25-Man Roster:
C: Thurman Munson (R) (1972)
1B: Wade Boggs (L) (1995)
2B: Dave Cash (R) (1976)
SS: Derek Jeter (R) (1995)
3B: Mike Schmidt (R) (1976)
RF: Bernie Williams (S) (1995)
CF: Garry Maddox (R) (1976)
LF: Bobby Mercer (L) (1972)
DH: Paul O'Neill (L) (1995)

C: Bob Boone (R) (1976)
1B: Don Mattingly (L) (1995)
IF: Larry Bowa (S) (1976)
OF: Greg Luzinski (R) (1976)
OF: Roy White (S) (1972)

SP1: Steve Carlton (L) (1976)
SP2: Jim Kaat (L) (1976)
SP3: David Cone (R) (1995)
SP4: Bob Gibson (R) (1972)
SP5: Andy Pettite (L) (1995)

CL: Sparky Lyle (L) (1972)
SU: John Wetteland (R) (1995)
RP: Tug McGraw (L) (1976)
RP: Gene Garber (R) (1976)
RP: Mariano Rivera (R) (1995)
SP/LR: Jim Lonborg (R) (1976)

Minors:
C: Jorge Posada (S) (1995)
SP: Mel Stottlemyre (R) (1972)
IF: Randy Velarde (R) (1995)

Lineup VS. RHP W/ DH
1. 1B Wade Boggs (L)
2. CF Garry Maddox (R)
3. LF Bobby Mercer (L)
4. RF Bernie Williams (S)
5. 3B Mike Schmidt (R)
6. DH Paul O'Neill (L)
7. SS Derek Jeter (R)
8. C Thurman Munson (R)
9. 2B Dave Cash (R)

Lineup VS. LHP W/ DH
1. CF Garry Maddox (R)
2. 1B Wade Boggs (L)
3. 3B Mike Schmidt (R)
4. LF Bobby Mercer (L)
5. RF Bernie Williams (S)
6. DH Greg Luzinski (R)
7. SS Derek Jeter (R)
8. C Thurman Munson (R)
9. 2B Dave Cash (R)

Lineup VS. RHP w/o DH
1. 1B Wade Boggs (L)
2. CF Garry Maddox (R)
3. LF Bobby Mercer (L)
4. RF Bernie Williams (S)
5. 3B Mike Schmidt (R)
6. SS Derek Jeter (R)
7. C Thurman Munson (R)
8. 2B Dave Cash (R)
9. Pitcher

Lineup VS. LHP w/o DH
1. CF Garry Maddox (R)
2. 1B Wade Boggs (L)
3. 3B Mike Schmidt (R)
4. LF Bobby Mercer (L)
5. RF Bernie Williams (S)
6. SS Derek Jeter (R)
7. C Thurman Munson (R)
8. 2B Dave Cash (R)
9. Pitcher

Starting Pitchers
SP1: Steve Carlton (L)
SP2: Jim Kaat (L)
SP3: David Cone (R)
SP4: Bob Gibson (R)
SP5: Andy Pettite (L)

Bullpen
Closer: Sparky Lyle (L)
Setup: John Wetteland (R)
Short Relief: Tug McGraw (L)
Short Relief: Mariano Rivera (R)
Middle Relief: Gene Garber (R)
Long Relief/SP6: Jim Lonborg (R)

Strategy (Rate on a scale from -5 to +5)

Hit and Run: -2
Sacrifice Bunt: -2
Squeeze Play: -5
Trying for extra bases:-1
Aggressively Tagging Up: 1
Pitch Outs (to prevent stolen bases): 3
Giving Intentional Walks: 0
Pitching Around Good Hitters: 3
Bringing the Infield In: 3
Guarding the Lines: 0
Making Cutoff Throws: -1